4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Love it! It won't die and works well!

I love this blender! It keeps working after six years. I use it for just about everything, from making pesto to almond paste. It makes great smoothies as well. It chops nuts finely, which is great as some mash them into a paste. I can't imagine another blender doing as good a job as this one.

Blending Power
I've used this blender for small batches of dough--not as great as a food processor, but had enough power. I've even used it for drinks with ice and it didn't falter. The real test is when I have to use all my basil at the end of summer. I make a ton of pesto all in one afternoon. This blender doesn't even get hot.

Versatility
It doesn't everything a person would want to do with a blender. It blends, mixes, chops, minces, and purees. It's a good little machine.

Like most blenders, it has to be taken completely apart to clean. However, it is best to put hot soapy water in the bowl of the blender and whorl the blades to clean them, so as not to cut yourself. The rest is pretty easy.

It's pretty easy to use. Just put everything into the bowl, choose your setting and turn it on. Walla, you have what you wanted in the end.

I think it is nice looking and is designed well for a blender.

It's still going strong after years of use!

This Cuisinart Blender Is A Blender To Use For Simple Mixing

Cuisinart SmartPower 7-Speed Electronic Blender SPB-7 is a simple & easy blender to use. I like this one because it is not complicated with a lot of features that can be confusing. This is the kind of blender you would use for blending “simple things”. You wouldn’t want to buy this if you want to mix heavy-duty foods or drinks. It is electronic and it has 7-Speeds. The “7-Speeds” are easy to read because of the indicator lights and where they are located. This blender does a good job on soft items, such as, ice cream, fruits and soft vegetables. It is good for pureeing and mixing. It will crush ice too. However, the ice should be half-melted. It makes smoothies & milk-shakes just fine. It will hold a fair amount of foods or liquids. It will pour with very little mess. I wouldn’t recommend this one for cocktail making. It is always good to have a couple of expensive blenders, and also have one that is less pricey. I call this a back-up blender, in case my main blender is acting up or breaks. Sadly, this one will be retiring soon. I think this blender has a cute yet simple design. It will fit on a countertop without any trouble. It is medium to small in size and easy to move. This is a blender that is prettier than it works. I give it a 5.5 on a scale of 1-10.

Great blender for value

from New York, NY

Comments about Cuisinart SmartPower 7-Speed Electronic Blender:

So I have this and a vita prep. I know people always rave about the vita prep but this is almost comparable and a fraction of the cost. In addition, I see it on sale all the time. One thing to nite is that unlike the vita prep the top is glass. It makes it easier to clean and I feel ok putting it in the dishwasher (which I would never do with my vita prep) but it also makes it very heavy. If you are making a large batch of soup it can be a pain to lift it and pour. As far as power goes, it doesn't give me as smooth a purée as the vita prep, but it's pretty close and that says a lot. I would say it'll do the job for most home cooks. In addition, I have had this since 2003 which means it has lasted 12 years without any problems. For the first 10 it was my primary blender as I only recently purchased the vita prep. I do think that the look is very specific. It can be cute in a color in a retro kitchen but otherwise I just don't feel it has a very modern or sleep look.

I have put mine in the dishwasher. They say the blade comes off but I haven't been able to do that.

• Versatility:

Love it! It won't die and works well!

from Davis, CA

Versatility

I think it is nice looking and is designed well for a blender.

It's still going strong after years of use!

• Versatility:

Great for making more than just smoothies

Comments about Cuisinart SmartPower 7-Speed Electronic Blender:

Works great at blending tons of items, especially frozen products, where other blenders have struggled. Can be used in a variety of ways such as soups, sauces, and drinks.

Blending Power
Has many different types if settings, depending on what you need done. If the food does not need to be completely pureed, there is a setting for a rough chop.

Versatility
Can puree vegetables for soups, make sauces, make smoothies, as well frozen mixed drinks.

Can be difficult to make sure food gets out from underneath the blades, but overall not too hard to clean.

Settings and buttons are pretty much self explanatory as to what you might need done with a particular food item.

Sleek enough that it does not take up too much room, if needed to be stored on the counter or in a cabinet.

Have used this item on numerous occasions, especially for making drinks at a party. This blender was able to keep going and not over heat.

Quality blender. Very powerful

Comments about Cuisinart SmartPower 7-Speed Electronic Blender:

A few minor kinks, but all in all, a great value.

Blending Power
Very powerful. I make a lot of shakes using ice and it never has any trouble blending them.

Versatility
Pretty much useful for whatever you could imagine

Hard to get down around blades. There is occasionally some buildup

Very user friendly

Very nice looking and sleak

Have had no problems thusfar

• Versatility:

This product is a work horse!

Comments about Cuisinart SmartPower 7-Speed Electronic Blender:

This blender is strong and dependable. It can chop up anything I put into it.

Versatility
It also has a food processor attachment. It's the only product I need.

It comes apart very easily, so it is a quick clean up.

The buttons are easy to use.

It is sleek and white.

I've been using it for more than 5 years.

Cuisinart: Long Lasting Blender

Comments about Cuisinart SmartPower 7-Speed Electronic Blender:

I received this blender as a wedding shower gift over ten years ago and it is still going strong. When we registered for a blender, I went with Cuisinart because it was affordable but a reputable name. It has exceeded my expectations, and I am very happy that I have not had to replace it yet!

This blender's pitcher is made of thick, high quality glass. I have not had to replace any of the pieces. It is really easy and convenient to clean everything in the dishwasher.

Most of the time I use my Cuisinart for blending smoothies. There is an ice setting, which is perfect for this use. One thing that I have noticed is that if you put too many hard things at the bottom, the blade keeps spinning without catching and blending them. So I have learned over time to put liquid and soft things in the bottom of the blender, then harder foods like carrots and ice up top.

Although I mostly use it for smoothies, I did make a recipe one time that called for me to puree tomato soup in it. Here's some helpful advice: don't blend hot soup in this. Cool it down first or you will have the biggest mess you can imagine. The top flew off and tomato soup covered my entire kitchen from floor to ceiling.

Very good blender.

Comments about Cuisinart SmartPower 7-Speed Electronic Blender:

If anyone's looking for a nice, old fashioned blender, this one is the way to go. Excellent blender. It will blend very well, and is fairly easy to clean. The design is very nice, and I most definitely recommend it to anyone who needs real blending power.

Lots of Speed Options for this price range

Comments about Cuisinart SmartPower 7-Speed Electronic Blender:

I had this blender for 10 years and it worked great. There are lots of different options for blending and also an ice crushing option that worked pretty well, too. In smoothie making, it was hard to get all of the ingredients blended for a chunk free smoothie, but I think this is the case with most blenders this grade. It is not a vitamix. If you are looking for a blender in this price range, I would say it is as good as any.

Blending Power
It does a pretty good job for basic blending. I did find that when I made smoothies with larger pieces of fruit, there were some chunks remaining even after a minute of blending.

To clean this blender thoroughly, it needs to be taken apart every time. That is a little time consuming. It is not difficult to clean, though.

It is very straightforward. There is a handy "ice crushing" button but it does not crush ice as fast or well as higher grade blenders that pulverize ice.

I like the design of this blender and the small buttons as opposed to the 70s large buttons. I had the black and chrome version of this one and it looked very modern in my kitchen.

• Versatility:

Great for beverages, smoothies, and most small jobs.

Comments about Cuisinart SmartPower 7-Speed Electronic Blender:

I love this for beverages and smoothies! It chops & blends ice & ripe fruit without clumps or having to scoop the edges and run again. The glass pitcher is very thick and sturdy and the lid fits tightly.

Blending Power
I'm very happy with the blending power.

Versatility
I also have the food processor attachment but it is so small that is really only for very small mixing jobs. I would say it is best used as a blender only.

I pop absolutely everything (except the base of course) into the top rack of the dishwasher and never worry about it! Words of warning though: if you are going to use raw carrots or carrot juices, prepare to at least rinse it out quickly. The orange can leave stains on the white plastic parts.

I have used this for small batches of soups, sauces, and drinks, etc, It is easy for all of it!

It is fine overall. I would have liked a few more options in speed/intensity.

This is a Very good reliable product with well made parts.

• Versatility:

Great product, Great value!

Comments about Cuisinart SmartPower 7-Speed Electronic Blender:

I have had this blender for several years. We enjoy how easy it is to use and and the convienence in cleaning it. It has been a wonderful addition to our regular milk shaking making. It has great power and mixes very efficiently. Great product, great value!