Other Coffee Makers:
SS-700, SS-700BK
Cuisinart Single-Cup Brewing System
Rca_2013_normal

Cuisinart Single-Cup Brewing System

Pros

• Durable (3)
  • Fast (3)

• Everyday (3)
    • Brew Performance:

This Cuisinart is better than a Keurig!

After using a single serve brewing system at a friend's home, we knew it would be in our purchasing future. It is perfect for us since my husband likes dark bold coffee and I like a decaf medium roast. Instead of wasting coffee we are able to make a cup at a time with K-Cups. My favorite features include the ability to brew any size, the automatic hot water dispenser, the automatic timer and the reusable filter. The machine brews as little as 4oz and as much as 12oz. It is so nice to have 5 size options available. The hot water dispenser is the ultimate convenience. We use it for many things including oatmeal and recipes that require a cup of hot water. The reusable filter makes it possible to create your own K-Cup using any ground coffee. The only drawback is that it does take a minute or two to warm up if it's shut off.

Water Pump Breaks Down

I used this Cuisinart coffee maker for about 4 months before the water pump broke down. Before this, I was very satisfied with my purchase as this coffee maker seemed very reliable. I like the easy power switch access (it was on the side of the machine, as opposed to the back like my previous coffee maker, a Keurig) and water tank size. I loved the reusable Keurig coffee filter and the quietness of the machine. The many cup size options were an added plus, as well as the rinse button. The Cuisinart Brewing System was really easy to use in general; the water temperatures were pre-set, there was an automatic turn on/off setting, and the hot water setting would also dispense an amount that you specified.

I was mainly disappointed with the flimsy water pump that failed to pump after only 4 months of use, but there were other problems with this product as well. The flashing Low Water light was annoying and superfluous as the water tank is clear. When I used the hot water option, there was bits of coffee floating in the water.

This coffee maker was good while it lasted, but I will not be buying again.

Love this coffee maker

from Albany,Ny

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Fast
  • Stylish

• Home
    • Office
    • Weekends

Comments about Cuisinart Single-Cup Brewing System:

My parents bout me this Cuisine Art single cup brewing system for Christmas one year. I love this machine. It is perfect for me because I don't drink a lot of coffee so with a traditional coffee maker there was always a lot of waste. This machine makes my mornings so much easier and it's very convient. I get one cup at a time which is perfect for me. There's not pot to clean afterwards. Not only can I brew my coffee in this machine but I can brew tea, cider and hot chocolate which is really convient.

Love it!

from Henderson, NV

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
    • Durable
    • Easy To Use
    • Fast
    • Multiple Settings
    • Stylish

Comments about Cuisinart Single-Cup Brewing System:

My husband and I used it several times a day. It's nice to have coffee, tea, cocoa, soup, etc. fresh each time. It is so easy to use, and has a variety of cup sizes. We love it so much that when ours broke, we ran right out to buy another. I also think it looks so much nicer than the other Keurigs. Would definitely recommend.

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

from Jordan

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
      • Durable
      • Fast
      • Multiple Settings

Cons

• Hard To Clean

• Home
      • Weekends

Comments about Cuisinart Single-Cup Brewing System:

It is an excellent product for those who like to get a good coffee, it's easy to use, clean and care
      ...................
      >>>>>>>>>>>>
      I like this product bec the price is very good as it is easy to use easy to clean but there ara small issues that the cofee doesnot stay hot and hard to load

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      I simply cannot live without my Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer 49980. I love that this coffee maker allows me the flexibility of brewing a mug of coffee for the road at the start of each work day
      .......................
      ..................................................
      The coffee maker would be great for a couple, family, or just one person. It is also a great product for offices, work places, or small apartments.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      Very fast for coffee
      yes yes yes i have it

Convenient, but could use improvement

Comments about Cuisinart Single-Cup Brewing System:

We first purchased this product around three years ago. We were enamored with its efficiency and ease of use. However we quickly discovered that many of the times we used the machine, it started to leak the coffee and other beverages from the pod. After doing some online research we found out that using a pin needle to break the surface of the foil would help prevent the pod from bursting and leaking. This isn't a huge inconvenience, but something to keep in mind. We were also careful to switch from filling the machine with tap water to filtered water. The tap water proved to be hard on the machine and we were cleaning it more frequently. We live in CO, which is a state with some of the cleanest water in the country due to snow melt in the mountain streams, so I am convinced that living somewhere with "dirtier" water would definitely require using filtered water.

Just Like The Pros Use

Comments about Cuisinart Single-Cup Brewing System:

One of the main reasons why I bought this coffee maker is because how professional it looks. And it works so well that I feel like a pro. It makes coffee fast and brews it up to the satisfaction of all my friends and family.

Brew Performance
      I love how excellent this coffee maker is. It brews up coffee quickly so that you don't have to wait when you're in a rush in the morning. And the coffee always comes out great tasting.

It's very easy to clean this coffee maker. I just use a damp paper towel to clean around the nozzle and that's all it takes to clean up.

It's very easy to use. I am used to the old fashioned coffee makers so I was a little worried that it would take a long time to figure this one out, but I was wrong. I figured it out so easily.

One of the major reasons why I bought this coffee maker was the look. It just looks so much like what you'd see in a coffee house or cafe. It's really great looking.

This coffee maker is strong because I use it all the time and have yet to have even the slightest issue.

• Brew Performance:

The best thing that ever happened to this coffee connoisseur.

Comments about Cuisinart Single-Cup Brewing System:

An excellent cup of coffee (or tea, or chocolate) every time from an unlimited inventory and never any waste. This brewer will kick out a 4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 ounce cup of brew at your choosing so, you can grab a quick espresso or a tall to-go cup in the morning.

Brew Performance
      The Cuisinart brews quickly because as long as it is on, the water is hot and ready. When you hit "Start" your coffee is brewed. The brewer automatically shuts off at night and turns back on before we are ready for our first cup. Other times during the day, just turn it on when you know you're going to be wanting a cup. Takes only a minute to get ready.

This brewer has a self-cleaning option that you can use as often as you deem necessary. Once in a great while, we run some vinegar through it. Keeps it clean as a whistle. You can use regular tap water and regular cleaning will eliminate any calcium or lime problems.

Pop in a k-cup, push a button for the size you want, push start, and enjoy. Oh yeah, make sure there is a mug under the coffee spigot before you push start.

It is beautifully designed. The exterior is a perfect match to our stainless appliances. The design of the unit overall allows for multiple tasks while keeping the functions simple.

Five years of every day use and never a problem. And i drink a lot of coffee and iced tea. Yes, I make a strong cup of tea with the machine and then pour it over a tall glass of ice. Delicious and refreshing.

Comparison to Keurig.

Comments about Cuisinart Single-Cup Brewing System:

I like this single serve coffee maker better than the Keurig for many reasons honestly, the main reason would be that it is cost efficient. I got the Keurig system for Mother's day last year and I loved it I really did, and then it broke and I was determined to get another one or one like it; and I did. I got this single serve coffee maker and it meets every expectation I had, it does everything the Keurig does, and actually is easier to use.

Brew Performance
      Excellent! You can brew with K-cups or actual coffee grounds in this amazing machine.

This is one of my favorite features about this coffee maker and the Keurig single serves, there is absolutely no cleaning required other than whatever cup or mug you decide to use.

Single serve machines are easier to use than regular coffee makers.

Sleek and shiny and goes with all décor, this model also comes with many different colors.

I have had this coffee maker for three months and I haven't had any problems and it comes a manufacturer's warrantee in case it does, which lasts for two years.

Love this brewing system

Comments about Cuisinart Single-Cup Brewing System:

this is my second Cuisinart Single Cup Brewing System. I love it. I use it multiple times a day. Always have a fresh cup of coffee, I can choose to use my own grind or K-cups. Choice of water temperature and cup size. Has hot water feature. Able to program to start heating at a certain time and shut off to save power. I would definitely recommend this brewing system.

Brew Performance
      Always perfect, I have never had a bad cup of coffee from this system. Choice of temperature of water is a great feature.

Water reservoir comes out easily for cleaning. When opening compartment for coffee pods, the compartment comes forward for ease of loading and cleaning.

Instructions on machine are easy to understand, The read out tells you exactly what needs to be done next for your perfect cup of coffee.

Overall a good design, footprint is a little large, takes up counter space

I use this multiple times per day (more than 6), still working very good after several years.

Great K Cup Coffee Maker

Comments about Cuisinart Single-Cup Brewing System:

We had this coffee maker for 3 years and it finally died on us. We were reading the reviews online for other coffee makers and it sounds like we did really good with the length of time with a single cup coffee maker! All in all we were pleased with it and were going to buy another one this weekend but we ended up with a completely different style that doesn't use k-cups.

Brew Performance
      I am going to rate this on when the machine worked its best. The brew was always quick and easy. Put in the k-cup hit the button and it was brewing in less then 30 seconds. The temp was good as well. We used it also for hot water for making hot chocolate or tea which worked well too just do not put in a k-cup and rinse it which it did have a rinse button.

Fairly easy to clean. We went to the manufacture website and they recommended using vinegar, so that's what we did. When the vinegar came out hot we used it on the weeds on the driveway to kill those! Sometimes there were little coffee grounds that got caught and you had to use a needle to get it out, but beyond that it was pretty easy. It looked nice on the counter too.

This was super easy to use and understand. You can easily change the cup size up or down and to brew it was one button. Hot water had is own button. I also liked the large water reservoir. We did find it was better to fill the reservoir though using a pitcher instead of taking it off the machine every time as other reviews we read when we purchased it said that removing it frequently can make it break quicker.

We liked the design other then you couldn't get all of the travel mugs under it. You could move the bottom tray away if you wanted too though and then it could get a bigger mug under it.

Ours lasted just shy of 3 years. The warranty is a 3 year warranty too, although we didn't have the receipt so we decided just to get a new one. It was the pump that started having problems though and reading the reviews on most K-cup machines that is the main complaint is the pumps go out. But again it was a great machine and if we didn't care about continuing to buy K-cups we would have purchased another one!

• Brew Performance:

Best single cup coffee brewer around

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Cuisinart Single-Cup Brewing System:

I love my Cuisinart Single Cup coffee brewer, it is amazing! I love that I can select what temperature I want the water to be and there are a large choice of cup sizes. There is a built in changeable water filter that is great if you want to use tap water in your brewer. It also has a rinse feature which is nice so that you can keep your brewer clean in between cleaning it with vinegar. You should do a vinegar rinse every few months to keep it running in tip top shape. It works great with both K-cups and reusable filters. I primarily use reusable filters in mine so that I can buy my favorite coffees and save a little money on my coffee costs and they works amazing and it's very easy to clean. The large water tank is one of my favorite features, my husband and I are able to each make coffee every morning and not have to refill the water for about 3 days. This machine also works great for making tea, the water comes out at just the right temperature to steep your favorite tea. If you are looking for a versatile coffee maker that will last for many years then this is the one. I highly recommend!