Other Blenders:
CSB-33

Pros

Cons

Handy little blender

This is a nice little hand held blender that got lots of use in my home. I had it for at least 5 years before it wore out! It was small but it was powerful and did many tasks that helped me save time in the kitchen.

Blending Power
Blending power was good and it blended every thing easily.. It made foods that needed to be pureed smooth and evenly blended. It mashed large chunks of food quickly, as in soups and stews. It did crush small pieces of ice.

Versatility
I used this to blend ice cream and various additives, like cookies or candy bits to make smoothies and milkshakes. I also used it to puree soft foods for myself to eat when I had dental surgery . I blended meats and vegetables to noodles with sauce into a smooth puree with no problems.

The only drawback I had with this was getting the gunk out from the crevices in between the blades. It did come apart for easy cleaning and you did have to be careful to not cut yourself as you were cleaning it.

This was easy to use and had an easy hand grip to hold as you used it in either a pan or a deep bowl. A shallow bowl did have some problems but most of the time in worked well in a deep bowl or pan.

The design was well done and it is nice to look at and use.

Mine had taken a beating when I had it and it lasted for 5 years before it pooped out!

This is not my favorite kitchen item.

My mom passed down her Cuisinart quick prep hand blender to me and I thought that I would love it. She loved using it and so I was excited to get it. It ended up being okay, but nothing great. She had used it mainly for soups and mashed potatoes. I tried to use it a few times for mashed potatoes and I ended up just switching to a regular masher that you use by hand. It mashed the potatoes too much and made them the wrong texture. I can see how this would probably work better in soups though. I have heard about making smoothies with this product as well. I have never tried that, but might since it is a lot easier to clean than a whole blender. I don't know if I just haven't tried this in enough ways yet, but it is not my favorite item. I might even give it back to my mom. I guess I would recommend it if you have multiple uses for it. If not it will just end up sitting in a drawer or cupboard in your house.

Blending Power
It blends pretty well. For a hand held electric mixer it does get things blended to a smooth texture.

Versatility
It is nice that you can move it around easily. It's easy to hold and mash/blend with.

It is pretty easy to clean.

It is pretty easy to use.

It's a good idea and design. It's nice that it fits into your hand well.

My mixer was passed down to me, so I know that these can last for many years!

easy and quick blender

from Long Island, NY

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Powerful

Cons

• Cooking
    • Drinks

Comments about Cuisinart Quick Prep Hand Blender:

I have the Cuisinart Quick Prep Hand Blender in the raspberry pink color. I have had this for a couple of years but only have used it a couple of times. I really should use it more but I just don't remember to use it. It is very easy and quick to use and is very powerful for a stick blender. I recently made a smoothie drink and it contained frozen fruit and it blended very quickly and easily. It is also very easy and quick to clean. You just need to rinse under water. I have also made fresh whipped cream which is also quick and easy. Overall, this blender is fun to use.

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Cuisinart Quick Prep Hand Blender:

This is actually a really handy hand blender which works well as a blender, mixer and is great for making omelets, shakes and things of that nature. It saves me a lot of time and saves me the hassle of bringing out the big mixer or blender. This is really good for quick mixing and I probably wouldn't use it as a heavy duty mixer.

Blending Power
    Obviously it's not as powerful as my big mixer but it does a good job as a light duty mixer.

Versatility
    The fact that you can hold it in your hand and control the beak makes it very versatile.

Although the shaft doesn't come off, it's still pretty easy to clean. I use hot water and soap. It's best not to let food dry on it so I would clean right after using.

It's a very easy mixer to use. Nothing hard about it.

There are two speeds. I wish there were more and it's a bit heavier than I like but it's not bad.

The jury is out on this. I've had it for less than a year and it works fine but remember, it's not an expensive mixer so time will tell how durable it is.

Handy little blender

from Ottawa Illinois

Versatility

The design was well done and it is nice to look at and use.

• Versatility:

Definitely a kitchen must!

Comments about Cuisinart Quick Prep Hand Blender:

I just love this product. I have owned one for over 20 years and it still works like a charm! From making milkshakes to blending sauces I find its small size makes it easy to use and the tall skinny design makes it easy to store. I actually own two of them now.

Blending Power
    Blends powder drinks smooth and creamy and blends sauces to a well blended creamy sauces.

Versatility
    Its versatile and very easy to use, just plug it in and submerse it in the glass and blend.. from sauces to milkshakes it does it all.

Cleaning is easy. I use a sponge and warm soapy water to wipe it off and dry it with a towel as soon as I use it.

My son loves to make his own shakes, He is able to blend his drinks with no mess. We bought a second one so we could make our shakes together.

perfectly fits all my cups and glasses. and the long design allows easy use in tall glasses with no mess.

I have owned mine for over 20 years and have constantly used it. The cord is in great shape, the blades are still sharp.

Cuisinart Hand blender

Comments about Cuisinart Quick Prep Hand Blender:

This is an awesome little immersion hand blender. Very powerful! I use mine mainly for soups and homemade tomato sauce. I like that I can leave my recipes in the crock pot or pot to blend and not have to dirty a blender container. Blends up chunks nice and smooth and very fast too. Just make sure you put this all the way to the bottom of your pot or you will be wearing some of what you are making. It is small so stores away nicely, cleans up easily too.

Blending Power
    Blends up chunks in my soups and sauces within just a minute or two. Very high power on this hand blender.

Versatility
    I like that you can just stick this in the pot your recipe is cooking in. No need to transfer to a special container to blend.

Cleans very well, just make sure you do not get the cord part wet.

Put it in the food and hit the button, easy as that. You do have to move it around so it blends the entire pot.

It's small enough to store easily but not cheap looking.

Has held up well to many uses.

• Versatility:

This is not my favorite kitchen item.

from Puyallup, WA

Versatility

It is pretty easy to clean.

It is pretty easy to use.

It's a good idea and design. It's nice that it fits into your hand well.

My mixer was passed down to me, so I know that these can last for many years!

• Versatility:

Single purpose product, better use if it does more

Comments about Cuisinart Quick Prep Hand Blender:

Cuisinart has another product that does this plus chopping and mixing.

Blending Power
    The blending power is good not great, it does get clogged up if you try to blend especially beans, for example, red kidney beans and mung beans. If you needs smoother soup, then I would recommend cooking the beans long enough to avoid clogging up the blender head and the end result is great. This is great product for Indian cooking, especially if you are like lentils, beans and spinach curries. Or if you want like to make ghee (butter) from scratch using whole milk. I used it when I cooked baby food - especially if you don't want the hassle of transferring food from pot to processor and to bowl, or if you want to get the food texture that are not so smooth or too chunky.

Versatility
    I have used this on cooked chicken, yuca and it didn't break.

It's kinda hard to clean it especially if you forget to clean it right after using it. Food sticks to the blade and you can immerse it in the water due to the wire.

It is easy, but you want to careful not to burn out the wires if it accidentally touches the hot pot or burner.

Wish I could detach the wire for the ease of cleaning process.

Very durable, I wish it comes with a coverlet to protect the blades.

A wonderful Value

Comments about Cuisinart Quick Prep Hand Blender:

We got this blender to help with certain cooking tasks and at first I was skeptical that we would use it that often. We love it. I think that we use it for far more things than we anticipated. Since it is so easy to use, we also make more blended meals than we used to before purchased this hand blender. We make more healthy vegetable soups. That is wonderful for the health of our family and our children now love things like roasted butternut squash soup. We have also used it for sauces, condiments and other kitchen odds and ends. If you are creative, there are many more options for use than someone would probably assume. It's very easy to use because you can just stick it in the pot. No need to transfer the food. It is quite simple to clean since you fill the storage cup with soapy water and turn on the blender to remove the food. Then just rinse, air dry and store upright it the cup that it comes with. It's incredibly easy and it balances nicely in the cup. We cook all our meals from scratch so we have used this many times and it has held up perfectly.

i was very disappointed

Comments about Cuisinart Quick Prep Hand Blender:

I really thought that this would be a quick, easy, and less messy alternative to dragging out the big bulky blender. I was very wrong. it's only good use in my opinion is for mixing drinks (that are not frozen). I really do not think that it has enough power to crush ice let alone stir it.

Blending Power
    I really didn't feel that it was much different than using my hand wisk to mix things it does not seem to have enough power to crush or blend ice or frozen drinks.

it wasn't all that bad to clean. like my regular blender that takes up a lot of space in the sink and strainer.

this was not all that hard to use. it is very small and lightweight and as I stated earlier it does not take up much space when I am using it.

it is a very simple, sleek, and small design..

I am not real sure on how long this item will last, it is kind of sleek and small. I am sure that I will be using my wire wisk or buying a new big blender.

• Versatility:

I have had this product for five years and it is still working g

Comments about Cuisinart Quick Prep Hand Blender:

I mostly use it to blend soups and it is a wonderful time saver. It smoothly blends everything from meat to corn and potatoes. A wonderful "helper" tool in the kitchen!! I love that I do not have to get out the blender.

Goes right in the dishwasher!

Just plug in and place in the pot. Push the button and it starts working! You do have to move it around because the blending process acts a suction cup.