Other Food Processors:

Cuisinart Pro Custom 11-Cup Food Processor

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Assembly:

So many uses, saves so much time.

I resist buying single-purpose kitchen gadgets, so for years I chopped, diced, and sliced by hand. Finally I bought my Cuisinart, realized that it has many uses, and have never looked...Read complete review

I resist buying single-purpose kitchen gadgets, so for years I chopped, diced, and sliced by hand. Finally I bought my Cuisinart, realized that it has many uses, and have never looked back.

The processor comes with three commonly used blades, a recipe book, and a video that demonstrates use of each blade and some of the recipes. Slice a cucumber faster than you can say the word. Blend spreads and create other appetizers quickly. The only part that you can't put in the dishwasher is the motor!

I rate the processor as a 4 rather than a 5 only because extra blades (julienne, for example) can be difficult to find and rather expensive. Check on-line for vendors offering good prices and free shipping.

Nice, but not all the hype.

I have really enjoyed my Cruisinart Food Processor.  I received it as a gift for Christmas (2009) from my inlaws.  I'd been using a worn-out, 1/2 cup food processor for TOO long.  So this was a huge step up for me.

At first glace, I LOVED the following features:

- Chopping

- KNEADING DOUGH!!!!

- 11 cup capacity

- Stainless steel design

- easy to clean (I'll comment on that later)

I will say, it was a little bit intimidating.  I let it sit in the box for a few weeks while I slowly encouraged myself that yes, despite the need for a DVD lesson on how to operate my new food processor, I would be able to manage using it and not loose a finger.  (And yes, it does come with a DVD which teaches you how to properly use it and take advantage of all the features-- I have yet to watch said DVD).

My husband helped me unpackage it and I got started trying to figure all the features out.  I was (and am) too busy to watch the DVD, so I determined to figure it out on my own which a little help from a guide book.  The basic concept of how to put it together and use the "process" feature was simple.  You pop the bowl on to the base, place the blades in the bowl on their little "hook" or whatever, put the lid on that with NO other pieces attached to the lid and then once the lid is locked in, you ad the other two pieces to the lid.  This was one thing it took me a while to figure out, I tried to piece the three-piece lid together BEFORE placing it on the bowl and unfortunately, it just doesn't work that way.  But that part was fairly easy.  I beat up (or processed) pancake batter, eggs to scramble, and a variety of other things.  And I left it at that.  I didn't venture to learn and more features at that time-- I'd figured out enough.

Something I enjoy making is homemade breadsticks, so I decided to would prep my dough in the food processor, as this is one of the advertised features.  This didn't go well.  As far as putting the machine together, the only thing you change is the blade-- from the standard "processing" blade to the "dough" blade.  I put my ingredients in and got started.  The dough immediately clug to the outside of the work bowl and the baldes spinned to no avail-- they were not even toughing the dough.  I'm really not sure why this happened or what I could do differently, but I haven't tried again and don't plan to until I have time to watch the DVD.

The next thing I attempted with the processor was shredding cheese.  It was actually quite easy to do, it just took a few minutes to figure out how to put the shredding piece on.  I wish I were a good enough writer to explain how to do this, but I'm not.  Essentially, you use the long white piece (if you purchase this you'll know immediately what mean) and the round shredding "plate".  They attach together and insert in the work bowl in place of the processing blade.  Then you attach the work bowl lid (only the main part) and you are ready to go.  I was pleased, very pleased with this feature.  I've also shredded carrots.

I think my main dissapointment or dissaproval with this product is the clean up and storage.  There are a total of 10 pieces, including the base, and no practical way to store them.  Four out of 10 pieces are EXTREMELY sharp so they have to be out of reach of little hands.  I would love to see a design where storage is a little more practical-- perhaps a case with a place for each piece, or a feature on the base where the pieces not in use could be stored.  I'm not kitchen tool designer, but there must be some way to store this better.  Also, the clean up is less than quick.  Although I have been able to successfullly wash it in the dishwasher, it takes up about three fourths of the top rack.  And there are two pieces, the work bowl and the main lid, which retain water after being washed which I'm assuming will lead to problems further on down the road.  The only way I've been able to successfullly get all the water out is to shake each piece like crazy.  Which makes a huge mess!!

Another thing I haven't been crazy about is the fact that you can't process a small amount of anything.  I have several recipes that call for 1/3 cup of chopped onion, or something small (one third to one half of a cup).  If you attempt this, the onion or whatever you are chopping/processing doesn't get chopped or processed well.  It goes around once or twice and then clings to the outside of the work bowl.

Overall, I would say this is a good piece of equipment for someone who does a great deal of things requiring a large processing capacity and who is comfortable with moderately complicated kitchen tools.  It is definately not the ideal for your everyday cooking needs or someone in a huge hurry.  But I still love mine and I'm proud to have it!

Even more than you thought it could be!

from Troy NY

Comments about Cuisinart Pro Custom 11-Cup Food Processor:

My old food processor recently kicked the bucket, and after finding a good deal on the Cuisinart Pro Custom 11-Cup Food Processor online, I decided to splurge a little.

Man, am I glad I did!!! I am telling you right now that the Cuisinart Pro is the absolute, hands-down, best food processor I have ever owned.

In addition to coming in handy in making meal prep go more quickly and easily, and being great for producing items such as homemade pesto, the Cuisinart Pro does so much more. I have used it to make the filling for PERFECT cheesecakes, and have been able to use it to chop ice and nuts, and items my previous food processors would have balked at.

The only downside of the Cuisinart Pro is the ease of cleaning. There are numerous parts which need to be cleaned individually, and it's a touch annoying to reassemble everything ... but then on top of that, some parts don't come off at all - so you can't stick them in the dishwasher, and have to haul the think over to the sink, while making very careful not to get the cord wet.

However, small price to pay for the best food processor of all time!

11 Cup Cuisinart Food Processor

Comments about Cuisinart Pro Custom 11-Cup Food Processor:

Love, Love Love it! It came with 3 blade plates, two of them that slice (different thickness) and one blade plate that grates along with the regular chopping blade. It also came with a "dough blade" and a dough lid - to be used for kneeding and whatnot for various baking preparation applications. It was given to me as a gift about 4-5 years ago, and it is still holding up strong! I still use it all the time!

Power
I have made homemade peanut butter with this!

Safety
If you forget and leave it running when you remove the lid, it automatically stops!

Ease of Assembly
Once you understand how everything works, and how everything is put together, it is practically effortless to assemble!

As with some small appliances, there are some moving parts and stuff that have to be cleaned... You can get to most parts to clean things easy enough, and the other parts that are a little harder to clean, I recommend using like a spongy bottle brush or something that can fit into tight spaces. But you don't really need to clean those areas much, usually a soapy rinse will clean it, except if stuff is really clingy.

I am unsure of how long this will last, but like I said before, it was given as a gift about 4-5 years ago, so I can attest to durability that long at least. The motor shows no signs of wear, I might need a new bowl and blades before the motor kicks the bucket!

Great Food Processor

Comments about Cuisinart Pro Custom 11-Cup Food Processor:

This is a great food processor. I have owned it several years and have never had a problem with it. It is not a kitchen tool that I use all the time, I prefer hand tools usually (ex: hand grating, using a pastry cutter to combine...) but when I have needed it, this one cannot be beat. It is simple to use, simple to clean, and does a phenomenal job every time.

Power
This thing has more power than I have ever needed. This is probably why it does such a great job and hasn't had any problems yet. I have not ever used it to its fullest strength!

Safety
There are blades you have to be very careful of when washing, this is probably one of the reasons I prefer simple hand tools that take a little longer most of the time...

Ease of Assembly
Though it is simple to understand and put together, there are a LOT of parts...many of them are just different types of blades for different applications but you do have to sort out which you need and make sure you have the right one on the right way. Also, sometimes the "click" safety feature is tricky to get just right. If the container is not all the way on the base in the correct position, it will not start. Not a big deal though, since it is a safety precaution!

Easy to clean, but again- watch out for the very sharp blades!

I have owned this several years and used it many times and have not had any issue, not even a hint of trouble to come. The girl who gave it to me as a wedding gift told me she had hers almost 20 years and never had a problem (and she uses it all the time!)

• Ease of Assembly:

The classic, multi function standard

Comments about Cuisinart Pro Custom 11-Cup Food Processor:

This is the machine I think of for 90% of kitchen appliance tasks. I have worked it into recipes and I have multiple attachments for it including additional cutting plates, meat grinder, cheese grater etc. And it's been working for me for a decade. My parents' unit is probably 30 years old

• Ease of Assembly:

Great product, a necessity in the kitchen!

Comments about Cuisinart Pro Custom 11-Cup Food Processor:

I love this food processor. I got it for Christmas last year and I use it on occasion, it makes cooking really easy.

Power
It can purée food within seconds. It does not take forever to purée. It's great if you want to whip up some baby food, or guacamole. It can handle anything.

Safety
It is very safe and will not operate unless you have the lid in it. Which is great if you've got small children that like to help you in the kitchen.

Ease of Assembly
The attachments all just pop on and off very easily. There is no need to look at the instructions for it.

The main parts, like the blade and the compartment are easy to clean, but there are a few parts that have small spaces that can't be cleaned with a sponge. This can be the cause of bacteria forming and growing within it if you happen to get any food stuck inside of the little books and crannies.

I have had this product for a while and it is still as powerful and and useful as it was when I first took it out of the box. The machine itself and the attachments have not broke.

• Ease of Assembly:

Love this kitchen helper!

Comments about Cuisinart Pro Custom 11-Cup Food Processor:

I received this as a gift a few months ago and I absolutely love it. It is so handy in chopping, grating, and mincing anything. I've used it to cook for the holidays and it worked perfectly. I like it best for chopping onions, and other vegetables however it was very simple to knead dough with also. The extra attachments for cheese grating and dough are excellent! The size is great because it holds much more than my previous processor and makes it easier to combine ingredients. It is easy to clean and looks nice on the kitchen island also! I am extremely happy with this item!

• Ease of Assembly:

A classic tool for any kitchen!

Comments about Cuisinart Pro Custom 11-Cup Food Processor:

I have been holding off getting one of these, mostly because I hate extra "things" sitting around on my counter, collecting dust. But, with thanksgiving and now Christmas coming, the cuisinart food processor has been an amazing addition to my kitchen. I love it's very simple design -- two buttons only -- just the same as the one my mom had 30 years ago. It blends quickly and easily, and is still compact enough to be tossed in the dishwasher to wash. I have made meatballs, blended soups, chopped nuts, made pie and cookie dough, so far. I haven't tried the chopping blades yet, but plan to do so when relatives come in from out of town next week.

Safety
If it's not assembled right, or if the top isn't secured, it won't run.

Ease of Assembly
I read the instructions, but probably didn't even need to. The top and the base are a bit tight at first, making it a bit challenging to open and close the machine, but I'm hoping this gets easier as I use the cuisinart more.

Dishwasher safe! I thought that the 11 cup basin would be too large for both my countertop and dishwasher, but it's really not. I can stuff all the parts into the dishwasher to be washed with no struggle at all.

I haven't had mine for long, but so far so good!

Makes life easy!

Comments about Cuisinart Pro Custom 11-Cup Food Processor:

I never thought I would need a food processor, honestly. I only started cooking not too long ago. My dad bought this for me as a gift and I love it! I can't imagine going back to life without it. It makes quick and easy work out of just about any kind of kitchen food prep. It's super easy to use, easy to clean, has great power. It's also easy to set up and assemble, or take down to put away after use. I think it's pretty much a necessity at this point to anyone who wants to make life in the kitchen easier for themselves and to ultimately spend less time in the kitchen on prep work like chopping or mixing. This size is also great. I have a 2 person home, and it's way more than what we need so the size would be great for creating meals for families as well. I give this product a full on 10 for it's awesomeness. Cuisinart puts out some seriously great products and I'm glad to have this among the others in my kitchen!

• Ease of Assembly:

Amazing food processor for the price.

Comments about Cuisinart Pro Custom 11-Cup Food Processor:

This food processor is so great. It is amazingly powerful even on the toughest of ingredients. It's also super easy to assemble and disassemble. I can wash it easily because of this.

Power
This food processor is SO powerful. I was making a vegetable smoothie once and it total obliterated everything. I added hard vegetables like broccoli, zucchini, and carrots. Then I put in hard ice and a little bit of water. When I turned it on, I was amazed at how smooth it got and so fast. In no time my green smoothie was ready for me to drink.

Safety
I think this food processor is overall a safe product. Before it will even start, the base has to be locked in. I do think it's a little hard to get the blade out to clean though. It make me nervous when I have to. I'm afraid I'll cut myself.

Ease of Assembly
This food processor is very easy to assemble. Everything clicks on so that you know that it's on securely. For the most part, very simple.

The food processor is easy to clean because it separates from is fellow parts. The blade is a little tricky, but with patience it can be gotten out and cleaned.

This machine is very durable. I have had it for many years.

• Ease of Assembly:

Your new best friend in the kitchen

Comments about Cuisinart Pro Custom 11-Cup Food Processor:

My husband gave me this food processor for Christmas last year after reviewing multiple brands/models. I love to cook but am not an expert. I now can't imagine my life without this appliance. I use it to chop veggies, shred cheese, slice veggies, mix batters, make peanut butter, blend soup, and make purees for baby food. It is easy to take apart and clean after use. I use my food processor at least once a week and it hasn't shown any signs of wear. The blades seem as sharp as when it was new. I can't say enough good things about this food processor-- it makes my life in the kitchen much easier!

Safety
My toddler loves to help me in the kitchen. I really appreciate all the safety checks which prevent him from being able to accidentally turn it on while I am putting food in/getting it out (although the blades are obviously sharp so you must still be careful!)

The parts all come apart so you can easily clean them. It can be a bit tedious to get things like shredded cheese out of the "nooks and crannies" but that's not the fault of the machine--- just the reality of a machine that is doing all the rest of the work for you!