Other Food Processors:

Cuisinart Prep 7-Cup Food Processor

Pros

Cons

Food Processor 7-cup

I have only had this product for a little over a month, but I definitely love it so far. Dinner prep goes so much faster & easier with all my vegetables, chops & slices wonderfully. Also works great for shredding & mincing. I really like that there is a bowl cover which has a hole so you can drop or drizzle ingredients into the bowl as its mixing (or whatever you're doing). I've also found that its pretty easy to clean which is a huge plus. And I liked that they gave a DVD along with the manual to help you get started. Its a little intimidating to use for the first time, but I felt better after watching the DVD & reading the manual. This really is a great product, it's well-made & well-designed, and its not some kitchen gadget you use once & then it gets put away into storage. There are so many things you can do with it, and I'm excited to try some other functions like making cookie/ cake dough, etc.

Power
It performs really well at various tasks, and for certain things that would require more power, it does not have any trouble. This is a smaller food processor but it can do so many things, even making bread dough, though some doughs are a bit tough so you need to just experiment. It does have a strong motor that's also surprisingly quiet.

Safety
If you read the manual and use it as it is meant to be used, it is pretty safe to use. There are safeguards to product your fingers from the blades and it's designed very well to be easy to use and be safe. But I think you still need to be extra cautious with the slicing blade which is very sharp. And if you have trouble removing it, use something other than your fingers to get it out, one time I used a spatula. Most of the time it comes off easily.

Ease of Assembly
I had no problems assembled it for the first time after reading the manual & watching the DVD.

Most parts can be cleaned in the dishwasher so that's helpful, and I've had an easy time cleaning it. The only issue is that it's white so it can be stained easily by certain foods, even if you try to wipe it off right away. It's also pretty heavy, so you don't want to have to move it around often.

I've heard from friends/family as well as strangers that they've had theirs for a very long time without having any problems for the most part. It feels very sturdy and is well-made so it definitely seems like it's going to last a long time.

Get to the choppa!

Hello, and welcome to my review of this here Cuisinart Processor. I like it's buttons that are water and mess proof. The last one I had, stuff could seep down in around the buttons. That’s just not good. Not good at all. These are sealed up though.

It is very simple to operate and put together. You don’t even really need the instructions to snap everything together and start using it. Even if you were blind I bet you could get this thing together. But be careful with the blades! I cannot recommend this product to the blind. I can’t, in good conscious, recommend this review to the blind either.

It comes with a few different blades but I only use the one to chop stuff up. I am not a cook and don’t have any idea what I am doing with this thing. So, what the other blades are for is beyond my comprehension and caring.

It basically is a duo threat. It can chip chop chip in a steady stream of rotating blades until you get that satisfactory consistency you are looking for. OR you can pulse it over and over to your hearts content. There does not seem to be anyway to slow it down or make it faster. This is all or nothing pal.

It is fairly loud but not horrendously loud. The one I had before was much louder. But it was also bigger and more powerful.

I don't have a dishwasher so it's a little difficult to get completely clean after use. A few nooks and crannies don't want to give themselves up to being cleaned easily. But if I had a dishwasher I think it would get cleaned well after a good washing.

It is smaller than my last 12 cup one of course. And I was kind of worried it wouldn’t be big enough but I never needed the 12 cups and I have never filled this one up either. It’s the perfect size for making some hummus and helping with making some black bean burgers.

The instructions it comes with are very basic. I don’t think it even has any words, just a bunch of pictures. So I can recommend this to the illiterate and non-English. Which would make this review useless to those who could benefit!

However, there is a DVD that came with mine. I have yet to watch it. I could not find it on IMDB or any rating at Rotten Tomatoes. So, I think I will pass on it. I don’t watch chick flicks. I doubt it has any skin or good plot. I also only watch movies in Blu-Ray these days. I have to have standards. Anyway, I am betting I am not missing out on anything. Unless Bruce Campbell is in it, using the Cuisinart to destroy deadites or something. Bruce is the man.

I have not chopped anything that is too tough. Say, like ice. So I am not sure how powerful it is. Just beans and veggies.

I think a real cook might want something bigger and better. But it’s good enough for this single dilettante chef.

OBSESSED with this machine!

from Edmond, OK

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 7-Cup Food Processor:

How did I live before this machine??! I will tell you. I hand chopped everything and used my old and horrible blender to blend things. I often turned down recipes that sounded yummy because they required a food processor. Finally, I got my act together and just bought one and it has CHANGED MY LIFE. I use it to chop onions and carrots, to shred cheese, and to blend yummy ingredients together quickly and painlessly. I used to waste so much time in doing everything by hand. You have to buy this machine! I have found that the 7 cup size is perfect for my 4 person family. I love that it has a pulse feature alongside the 'on' button. Pulsing is perfect so you dont end up with onion water and just a chopped onion! It also has a safety feature that required the top piece to be completely in position before it will turn on. This ensures you do not accidentally chop your fingers up. I seriously could go on and on about this great gadget!

Food Processor 7-cup

Food processor review

from Austin, TX

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 7-Cup Food Processor:

My husband and I got this food processor as a wedding present. We were excited to use it to chop our vegetables easily. It worked for a bit, but then one of the major piece broke. We haven't been able to use it since. I think we can buy a replacement piece but haven't yet.

had good power

Safety
was safe, you just have to be careful when cleaning the blades

easy

was easy, you just have to be careful with cleaning the blades

didn't last as long as we'd like for it to have lasted for the price

• Ease of Assembly:

What doesn't this thing do?

from Benton, AR

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 7-Cup Food Processor:

I have had my seven cup processor for years and have nothing but good things to say about it. It chops, purees, shreds and slices. I am able to make salsa or simply shred chicken to use in a casserole. It is easy and quick to take apart and reassemble. Aside from a little buildup in the handle, it cleans easily and is dishwasher safe. Mine came with the main blade, a dough attachment, a slicer for use with things like cucumbers and carrots being fed through the top and a cheese grater (can also be used with veggies for breads!).

While it seems like a lot of money to spend, it will serve you well in the kitchen. Hummus? Makes it smooth as store bought (without additives and other junk). Salsa? Why not make it fresh instead of buying big named picante...

If your'e wanting to switch to more homemade, good for you, easy to make foods, this machine will serve you well.

Safety
My kids love "pulsing" certain foods for me. While I recommend supervising, it really is safe enough for a 4 and 2 year old to use!

• Ease of Assembly:

Don't bother with these or juicers.

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 7-Cup Food Processor:

In terms of food processing this was just ok. If you want to but a product that will really perform you might as well spend some more money and get a juicer/blender/food processor all in one with something like a VitaMix.

Power
Anything with a blade and motor should be able to chop but you might as well get a VitaMix because they can do that and juice and blend.

Safety
Never had any problems with safety issues.

Ease of Assembly
Pretty easy to put together.

There are many working parts that need to be cleaned after use.

Had to replace the same part twice on the product. The first time the replacement worked out great and was pretty cheap. The second time I ordered the same replacement part the fit was wrong because the model had upgraded to a new design. There was no way for me to order the replacement part.

• Ease of Assembly:

Great product! A little cumbersome but still good!

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 7-Cup Food Processor:

While very heavy and cumbersome to get out of my pantry to use, it is a wonderful tool to have in the kitchen when making certain recipes. It's great for dough, making hummus, and chopping up other various vegetables. I enjoy using it when I can, however, I don't use it as often as my other appliances in the kitchen. If I have an option to make a recipe with or without it, I will often not use it simply because of how cumbersome it is (and then having to clean it). My husband on the other hand, will use it any chance that he gets!

Power
I feel that it is a very powerful machine and cuts/dices pretty much anything I have tried to put in it.

Safety
I like that it won't turn on unless you have the cover on (there is a safety latch that disengages when you put the cover on).

Ease of Assembly
Once you learn how to put it together, it's easy as pie!

I actually hate cleaning this thing. It's the only part of the product that I dislike, but it's a necessary evil. You could throw the whole thing in the dishwasher, but I generally wash it by hand, which is probably why I don't like washing it.

I've had it for 5 years and it's held up great!

• Ease of Assembly:

One of the best gifts I ever received

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 7-Cup Food Processor:

I wish I hadn’t been intimidated by it at first…once I started using it, it became a most valued appliance in my kitchen. I keep the blades stored in a box next to the unit because I use either the shredder or the chopper or both every week. Nuts, cheeses, carrots, and apples are regulars in our machine. I’ve chopped and mixed bean burgers, power balls, and more. This food processor is competent, easy to use and clean, and attractive, too. The 7 cup capacity is just fine for our family of 4 (although I might wish I had a bigger one if we keep adding children!).

Power
plenty strong: hard nuts and cheeses don't stand a chance

Safety
everything locks together securely; it's so safe it won't even start shredding or slicing unless the pusher is engaging in the chute

Ease of Assembly
incredibly easy to put together, again and again. just read the instructions completely before you begin using it!

I put the blades, bowl, etc. in the dishwasher and they come out clean - easy peasy! My only complaint: some dishwasher detergent residue remains in the handles.

I've used it at least weekly for almost a year, and I haven't had any problems with any parts.

• Ease of Assembly:

Awesome power, more compact size.

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 7-Cup Food Processor:

I love my 7-cup food processor. I think its size is perfect. Many food processors are either too small (4 cups of fewer) or too large (9 cups or more). This processor is right in the middle. As such, it is easier to store in my kitchen cabinets. The seven cup capacity still provides ample space, though. I am able to make a double pie crust without any issue. I can also shred a pound of cheese in one take. I have yet to try slicing onions, but I believe that would go smoothly. This processor is nice because it comes with a standard blade attachment, a dough blade, a shredder, and a slicer. It also has a great safety feature that requires a few things to be in place prior to use. Overall I highly recommend this food processor.

• Ease of Assembly:

I use this food processor almost every day!

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 7-Cup Food Processor:

I'm not sure how I cooked before I got this food processor. All of the attachments - blade, dough blade, shredder and slicer work well and are easy to put in and take out. I do wish the slot for inserting vegetables was slightly bigger, but it does handle carrots, and thin cucumbers, zuchini and even small potatoes. I use all of the attachments to slice vegetables, chop nuts, make bread crumbs, guacomole, pesto, frosting for cupcakes - the list is endless. It comes with a plastic spatula to help remove contents from the bowl - this can be tricky if you accidently overfill the bowl because of the lower center column (holds the blade) which has a hole at the top. The unit is small enough to leave on the counter and very easy to keep clean. All of the blades and the bowl are dishwasher safe. I got this as a gift and love it!

Get to the choppa!