Other Food Processors:

Cuisinart Prep 11 Plus 11-Cup Food Processor DLC-2011

Pros

Cons

On the Road to Becoming a Master Chef

***Bottom-Line***: The *Cuisinart ****DLC-2011BCN 11-Cup Food Processor*** with stainless steel finish, is a keeper.

Modern American life leaves those with families precious...Read complete review

Modern American life leaves those with families precious little time to function like the families of yesteryear.  Between the job commutes, working out, kids, chores, and other pressures, there is little time to cook a decent dinner.  I do the majority of cooking in our household and it is something I enjoy, but it is increasingly hard to accomplish because of my ever demanding schedule.

So, I have been looking for a quality high capacity food processor to chop, dice, shred, and puree.  I had thought to go with *Kitchen Aid*, but alas their offering was long on function and, well, short on aesthetics.  So I turned to that other siren of kitchenware's *Cuisinart* for my food processor, namely the *Cuisinart ****DLC-2011BCN 11-Cup Food Processor****.*

The *Cuisinart ****DLC-2011BCN 11-Cup Food Processor*** comes with everything one might need in one box, namely stainless steel chopping blade, dough blade, as well as slicing and shredding discs.  At 14-pounds the attractive appliance is not light, but is easy enough to move about and store.

**My Viewpoint**

I am very happy with my choice of the *Cuisinart ****DLC-2011BCN 11-Cup Food Processor***.  This baby works and works well.  All of the parts are easy to use and remove.  My new *Cuisinart ****DLC-2011BCN 11-Cup Food Processor's ***first mission: chop up alcove of garlic, an onion, and bell pepper for my homemade spaghetti sauce.

Using the *"pulse"* mode, the appliance made short work of the vegetables at hand and with a small modicum of tears.  And because the veggies are more finely chopped than I can do by hand, the flavor of the spaghetti sauce was greatly improved.

The *Cuisinart ****DLC-2011BCN 11-Cup Food Processor*** with its stainless steel finish, is a keeper.  The combination of large cup size, versatile cutting, shredding, and chopping blades/ discs promise to help me get decent nutritional meals on the dinner table for my family.

Decent powerful processor, poor blade preformance

This food Cuisinart processor was bought to replace an older model that finally gave up after many years of great service. It was quite expensive, so I expected the same good quality as the original. I was very disappointed in several features; while the food processor has substantial  power, all the parts, especially the metal blade  are thinner and not as well fitted as in  my old one. Within six months the metal blade had split and needed to be replaced. A few months later the new blade split and was replaced again. There are small cracks at the top of the bowl and around the stem.  The metal blade cracked at the small rivets each time. When I phoned the company to complain, they told me they were surprised and offered no explanation for the persistent cracking in the blades. I do not grind up very hard items in my processor, and I expect it to function without breaking under normal use. Beyond the lower quality of the parts, I am satisfied with the usefulness of this processor. Will I but another Cuisinart? Most likely---since I have a ton of accessories that only will fit that brand.

Makes my job in the kitchen so much easier

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 11 Plus 11-Cup Food Processor DLC-2011:

I use this thing often. Shredding veggies, pureeing smoothies, mixing dough. It's a pain to clean, and even so I don't hesitate to use it because it's so helpful. I can't imagine making carrot cake, zucchini bread, cucumber salad, etc. without using this. I would part with many of the gadgets in my kitchen, but not my food processor.

Power
I have used this for small amounts of pizza dough, but it does seem to stress the motor a bit. I mostly use it for slicing, grating, and pureeing. It makes quick work of potatoes, and makes super creamy "ice cream" with frozen bananas.

Safety
It won't turn on without the cover being locked securely in place. (I know this for sure because I have little kids who like to push buttons).

Like I mentioned above, it's not the easiest thing to clean. For awhile I avoided using it because I didn't want to clean it. However, I have discovered that the benefits far outweigh the slight annoyance of clean up.

• Ease of Assembly:

Powerful and gets the job done

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 11 Plus 11-Cup Food Processor DLC-2011:

Works great! I use this for soups and hummus mostly. It has a lot of power and holds a lot!

Power
Much more powerful than old model I had. Very good at pureeing foods and doing it quickly. Hummus turns out great in no time at all.

Safety
Many safety features to prevent an accident. I also have the safety holder for the extra blades which I love. No chance of scraping a finger, etc. when getting out the components.

Ease of Assembly
Not too many parts. Most of them can be stored together for ease of use the next time. Everything snaps and slides together easily each time.

Washes well, take a bit of time to dry thoroughly. I usually hand wash, but it can be washed in the dishwasher. Need to let the bowl part air dry because moisture gets trapped in the inside chute.

Parts seem durable. Have withstood dropping on the floor a few times already. Feet on bottom aren't holding to counter as well as I would like. Doesn't affect how it works, but moves around a little when you are using the pulse function.

Fast and easy

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 11 Plus 11-Cup Food Processor DLC-2011:

I received this mixer as a wedding present 11 years ago. It has held up very well. My favorite item to make with it is pizza dough. Just throw the ingredients in, mix and let rise. I have received so many compliments on my dough, and it has saved us so much money by not ordering commercial pizza. It is fast, easy to figure out which blade to use, and powerful. My only complaint is that it does not go well in the dishwasher, and dough especially can get stuck in crevices of the blades making it hard to clean. I recommend it to friends, and have let some even borrow it.

Power
It has always met my needs, can chop nuts very quickly and finely.

Safety
The processor will not turn on unless a particular part is put together. I don't worry about this around my children.

Ease of Assembly
The large cup has to be in a particular place to attach tightly, but it is not a problem.

I have had this over 11 years and have had no trouble with it.

• Ease of Assembly:

A wonderful addition to any cooks bad of tools.

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 11 Plus 11-Cup Food Processor DLC-2011:

If you are making just about anything in the kitchen this processor can help make it easier and faster. The obvious chopping/shredding of veggies and fruits cuts so much time out of prep work that the prep time for many of my dishes has been cut in half or more. The ease of making dough for breads or pies was a nice bonus we did not expect out of a processor. Clean up really is a simple wash and dry or putting the bowls in the dishwasher, Its been awhile since I've been this happy with any product let alone a kitchen gadget.

Safety
One of the small complaints I have is the difficulty of mounted the shredding circular blade without pinching my finger. That being said it really is a minor issue. All 4 blades have plenty of space to clean and handle them without risk of cutting yourself. The machine will not start if you don't have the bowls all locked into place and the cover on as well, which might stump you the first time it happens but a very nice feature so you don't get chopped veggies sprayed in your face.

excellent machine

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 11 Plus 11-Cup Food Processor DLC-2011:

I use this food processor quite often - it isn't uncommon for me to use it several times a week for anything from hummus to whipped chocolate frosting. it is the one kitchen tool that i wouldn't want to give up. it can handle anything i've thrown in it.
one of the features i use often is the grater - i can just attach it and then toss onions, carrots, cheese down the shoot and it grates it evenly and quickly.
I like that there aren't 1,000 parts to clean too - the parts it does have are easy to access and clean well. there aren't tiny nooks and crannys that are impossible to wash.
This machine does well with cookie doughs, if i'm in a rush and need to mix it all, i just use the dough "blade" and mix it in the processor - cuts my time and dishes in half.
This also does a good job of grinding - which was a surprise to me. I often use it to grind up seeds and grains. I've made nut butters in the food processor as well - works great.
I've used other processors and blenders - but this is my absolute favorite.
sauces are pureed nicely in the cuisinart. similarly, i can put all the ingredients for a pumpkin pie filling in it - process it for a minute or two, then pour it right into my pie crust and bake up a fantastic pie.
This is a wonderful product. I fully recommend it and would buy it again. I've owned mine for several years and it's held up to lots of use.

• Ease of Assembly:

Excellent, multi-purpose food processor gets the job done.

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 11 Plus 11-Cup Food Processor DLC-2011:

This food processor has been fantastic for almost everything I have used it for. It comes with a good set of basic recipes that help you learn how to use it and figure out what else it might be used for. The more you use it, the more your realize it could be used for so many different things!

Safety
Has a great safety mechanism that requires the top be on correctly before it can be run--if you forget to unplug it before sticking your hand inside, the blade still won't spin!

There are a lot of parts for this that get used every time you use it, but they can mostly just go in the dish washer. Only problem is that they take up a lot of space.

• Ease of Assembly:

An amazing and durable product for the everyday mom

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 11 Plus 11-Cup Food Processor DLC-2011:

I love this product. I have never owned a food processor before; however, use it daily now. It is so quiet, yet so powerful. I use it to make baby food, salsa, guacamole, oat flour, nut flours, etc... It has definitely become a necessity in the kitchen and has made my love of cooking and trying new recipes 100% greater!

Ease of Assembly
It was hard for me to set up at first. I felt the instructions were confusing and overwhelming. Luckily, I have a friend who has the same one; therefore, taught me how to use it. Now that I know what I'm doing, it's super easy to set up.

Great for Slicing Vegetables

from Chicagoland, IL

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 11 Plus 11-Cup Food Processor DLC-2011:

We have had this food processor for a little while, but I've just started to use it recently. I used to be okay with just grabbing a knife and cutting board, but lately, my knife skills started slipping. For safety's sake I decided to have a go-round with the Cuisinart.

The Cuisinart is heavy and solid, and assembles easily. As a newbie, I read the instructions then tried a few veggies. I accidentally pressed ON instead of PULSE, and found it created uniformly thin cucumber slices. (PULSE made them a little thicker). I got terrific sliced results with my peppers, carrots, and red onion.

However, it was when I changed to the shredder blade that I began to experience difficulty. No matter how I positioned the veggies or applied pressure, the shredder blade turned my yellow onions and carrots into a pureed, watery mess.

Overall, I have mixed feelings about this product. Not sure if it's worthwhile unless you need to process a lot of sliced veggies or unless you frequently mix dough.

Money and Time saver

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 11 Plus 11-Cup Food Processor DLC-2011:

I am quite happy that I upgraded to this 11 cup Cuisinart Food Processor. You really can't go wrong with this size. I would not recommend going smaller then this. In the past when I used a smaller food processor, I had to break up my ingredients into smaller portions which added more prep time. However, with the 11 cup Cuisinart Food Processor I'm able to fit all ingredients in that are needed for a normal sized dish. Keep in mind the liquid max fill line. You do not want to ignore it. I absolutely love the attachments which are super easy to change out. I especially like the shredding disc. I've saved a good deal of money shredding my own cheese, lettuce, and potatoes for hash browns. Very easy and safe to do with the design of the feed tube. Which leads me right into safety. Sometimes appliance such as this can be intimidating with the fast moving blades. However, the safety features built into this food processor are done extremely well. It will not turn on unless all the parts are closed and in the proper position. So with that, the intimidating factor is put to rest. But no matter what, keeping your sense of awareness present is always good practice.

• Ease of Assembly:

Super fast and efficient processor

Comments about Cuisinart Prep 11 Plus 11-Cup Food Processor DLC-2011:

I've used a few different food processors, and this one is my overall favorite. I purchased it about a year ago and have been using it regularly. My most favorite thing about this food processor is that its so incredibly easy to clean! Because I make baby food often, the ease of cleaning factor is important to me. I love that the larger work bowl has a gigantic opening that allows me to cut up food into larger pieces before added it to the processor. Overall, I've found that this processor is THE BEST at making baby food and salsa. It is also good at making things like breadcrumbs and cheese and hard veggies like carrots and celery. I am only giving it a 4 star review because it doesn't do well chopping onions and the bread blade doesn't work as well as I had hoped.

Safety
The processor locks into place firmly. Its impossible to run the processor if is not into lock mode.

Ease of Assembly
You can put it together without much effort, in a matter of seconds. There are only about 5 parts to assemble after cleaning, and its easy to tell which ones go where even the first time you use it.

The parts come apart easily, and into enough pieces that you can clean every nook and cranny. Everything washes off nicely. You can clean the whole thing after most uses in about 1-2 minutes.