Other Blenders:
BFP-10CH
Cuisinart PowerBlend Duet Blender/Food Processor
Rca_2013_normal

Cuisinart PowerBlend Duet Blender/Food Processor

Pros

• Dishwasher safe (3)
  • Durable (3)
  • Easy to use (3)
  • Handles tough jobs (3)
  • Powerful motor (3)

• Versatility:

Cusiinart Food Processor/Blender is a great product!!

This appliance is a great asset. I was in desperate need of a good blender. The day I went shopping for one, I was just fortunate enough to find this combination and it was on sale. My neighors use Cuisinart and they are great cooks, so on their recommendation, I purchased it. I have been thrilled with the results. It makes prep time a breeze. I used to spend hours chopping vegetables for my holiday stuffing. It was a chore that I dreaded every year. This little machine had those vegetables chopped in no time! It is very user friendly and clean-up is a breeze. Everything but the base is dishwasher safe. It is classy enough to sit on the counter. I just can't say enough about this food processor/blender. I give it my highest recommendation.

ok but get a higher wattage unit if using multiple times a day.

This item starts to smell like the insulation is burning off of the wires inside the unit. It has a burnt electrical smell every time I use it. We called and found out that "it's supposed to smell like that but the smell will eventually go way." In my opinion, by the time the smell goes away, it will stop working because somethihng inside it simply fried and it will be long after the warrantee expires. The user manual says nothing about this. I've owned blenders by other manufacturers and the smell has been typically the precursor to the motor burning up. Pro: works great!
My recommendation: Don't buy.

Versatility
Versatile with what?? There are no other options or blades that came with my unit.

It started to smell everytime we used it, and we clean it after every use, and so we know the smell is not due to debris. The smell originates from inside the unit.

I would recommend this product

from Baltimore md

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Dishwasher Safe
  • Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Handles Tough Jobs
  • Powerful Motor

Cons

• Small Feeding Tube

• Mincing Meat
  • Mixing Batter

Comments about Cuisinart PowerBlend Duet Blender/Food Processor:

This product is great. I am able to make all kinds of meals for my family. It does everything from chop, pulse, grind, minch, blend, and mix. I use this for all of my meal needs. It comes apart for easy storage. Its easy to clean. Its easy to put together. Its not heavy at all. It comes with great instructions and are easy to read. It comes with some recipes to. The only thing i would change is making the feeding tube bigger for larger vegtables to fit but i just cut them down and it works fine. I plan on buying this as gifts for my family. Its a great product to have around. I would recommend it to anyone who cooks or bakes. It comes in handy for all of your needs. Anyone can use it because its that easy. Ive experimented with so many things and made so many dishes and they turn out excellent.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Goodbye to the problems of the mixer. Blender magic

from Casablanca

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Dishwasher Safe
  • Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Handles Tough Jobs
  • Powerful Motor
  • Quiet

Cons

• Loose Seal

• Chopping vegetables professionally
  • Mincing Meat
  • Mixing Batter
  • Soups

Chopping vegetables professionally

Extremely Disappointed

from Culver City, CA

Comments about Cuisinart PowerBlend Duet Blender/Food Processor:

Even though I've purchased this several years ago and used it only several times, it wouldn't turn on anymore. I called their 800# and she offered me 20% discount on a new product after I sounded dissatisfied with her response of my paying for repair. I have lost my confidence in their products and doubt I'll ever buy another electrical kitchen product from Cuisinart.

EXELENT PRODUCT!

from PANAMA, PANAMA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Dishwasher Safe
  • Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Handles Tough Jobs
  • Powerful Motor
  • Quiet

Cons

• Often Gets Stuck

I DONT HAVE PROBLEM, ITS A VERY GOOD PRODUCT

Tricky attachments

Comments about Cuisinart PowerBlend Duet Blender/Food Processor:

I love the Blender portion of this dual product. I use the blender often to puree vegetables for soups and to crush ice for frozen or blended drinks. The food processor with the standard spinning blade also works well to finely chop foods in the kitchen. The piece that I have trouble using in the alternate attachment for slicing and grating. The long loading "spout" makes it difficult to feed vegetables into the blade to be grated or sliced. I understand the safety in keeping fingers so far from the blades, but feel the product could be better designed to improve the ease of use.

Blending Power
    Many settings allow for the perfect blend consistency.

I think the blender and food processor are dishwasher safe, but I prefer to hand wash after use for quicker clean-up.

I do not like the long loading chute when trying to slice vegetables into thin slices.

I have been using this blender at least once a week for 5 years without running into trouble.

• Versatility:

A great blender and food processor

Comments about Cuisinart PowerBlend Duet Blender/Food Processor:

I have been using this blender and food processor for few years now. It's great for blending soups, cocktails, chutneys, fruit smoothies, milk shakes and also for making tomato purée and salad dressings. The food processor has made my life so much earlier with chopping and shredding veggies like carrots and onions. I use it to make hummus and it turns out great. I use it every single day. While making smoothie once, the machine got too hot and there was a burning smell. It was still under the warranty period, so I called up their customer service. The lady was very friendly and very patiently listened to my complaints. She asked me to send the base for repairs at their Glendale Arizona center. In about 15 days they sent me a brand new blender and food processor as a replacement for the old one. Overall I am very happy with this product. Just a complaint. I wish that it would blend the greens in my smoothie a little better. Sometimes even after blending the greens with the fruit for a long time, there are tiny pieces of greens and the smoothie is not that as smooth as I would like it to be.

Blending Power
    It great to make fruit smoothie but while making green smoothie, it takes a long time to blen them and some times the green smoothies are not that well blended and smooth.

Versatility
    It's a very versatile. I use it to blend soups, make chutneys, smoothies.

Love my Cuisinart duet

Comments about Cuisinart PowerBlend Duet Blender/Food Processor:

It easy to use, easy to clean, easy to switch back and forth from blender to processor. Both work extremely well for everyday uses. I used it religiously to help make my own baby food for my children and it worked like a dream.

Blending Power
    For everyday use, blending smoothies, milkshakes, and chopping produce to a smooth consistency I have no complaints.

Versatility
    It very versatile. Can be used anywhere. Doesn't have to take up space on the counter can easily be stored in any cabinet.

Very easy to clean, comes apart completely. No need even worrying about food left behind in the blades unless you leave it there.

Each vessel is very easy to switch out. Just lifts off, no switches, levers, or buttons to push with wet or dry hands depending on your stuff.

The design can be bulky, not something you'd want to leave up on the counter top but its big enough to do the job. Salsa and tomato sauce is no small job and it can handle several quarts at a time.

I have had mine for well over 5 year now and it still has just as much power as the day I brought it home, my blades are still sharp. My seal, well taken care of, is still in great condition not dry or cracking. All of the pieces are in excellent condition.

Perfect Combo

Comments about Cuisinart PowerBlend Duet Blender/Food Processor:

This is the perfect machine for a chef with limited kitchen space who needs both a blender and food processor.

Blending Power
    The blender works well. My true test of a blender is how well it purees food and this one does a decent job.

Versatility
    I love that I can use one base for two different kitchen tasks.

All of the pieces of both the blender and food processor come apart easily for cleaning. I always rinse them off before placing them in the dishwasher. I only do top rack cleaning for the food processor and blades. And I'm careful to put the rubber gasket for the blender into the silverware compartment so it doesn't get lost.

Both the blender and the food processor are easy to put on the base. And the display panel is easy to read and use.

The chrome and sleek black lines were perfect for our kitchen. I know some people think black is hard to keep clean but I prefer it.

We have had this for some time and have never had a problem with it. I cook with it almost daily and it is still working great!

• Versatility:

Very versatile product but not very powerful

Comments about Cuisinart PowerBlend Duet Blender/Food Processor:

I've had this product for several years and it serves well for basic blending and food processing. The motor is not very powerful so it take increased time to utilize the blending feature especially when the jar is full or with thicker food.

Blending Power
    So so power as a blender. I takes longer than I would expect to blend thicker food items. The food processor option seems more powerful and effective.

Versatility
    Great that you have a blender and food processor in one.

Easy because you can disassemble the parts to make cleaning easier especially for the blender.

The blender is easy and straightforward to use. Assembling the food processor components is a little cumbersome.

Straightforward design.

I have had mine for several years but the bowl for the food processor and the base of the blade for the blender have cracked and I had to order replacement parts. The motor seems to still work like new.

Cuisinart "Duet" Blender/Food Processor

Comments about Cuisinart PowerBlend Duet Blender/Food Processor:

Judging from my wife's usage and her happy demeanor when she uses it I must say this has been one of the best investments I've ever made! She could not be more satisfied! She uses it a lot. Not everyday but she uses it probably on a weekly basis. It sits on our kitchen counter amidst all the other appliances I've bought for her but it stands out! She tries new recipes for many different foods and drinks and uses it to blend and for chopping and whatever for the foods. I'm not really involved with the preparation of the meals and I don't have to be as she is a great cook. Our daughter also uses the unit and she loves it too. What more can I say? It's a great appliance, a little expensive but since she's happy the cost was worth it. I will say this...the machine is very well designed and built. It's been heavily used and we have had no problems at all. So durability is not a problem. We've had it now for more than five years! It seems very easy to use as I've never heard her complain about it being difficult. As I said I'm only going by seeing her use the machine and her stated satisfaction with it. So give it a shot.