Other Blenders:

Cuisinart PowerBlend 500 Blender

Pros

Cons

great for many recipes

This blender is so great in many ways. I actually received it as a wedding gift, and this is one of the best choices I made on the gift list. This is no ordinary blender, why I say that is because it doesn't just make smoothies or ice blends, it comes in handy for many cooking occasions.
I cook soup 5 days out of the week, and it is great for many soup purees and it really gets all the veggies blended in smoothly. Whats amazing in my opinion about it is I haven't had any clumps clumped together, nor do I have to keep re blending it over and over again, because I have had that happen to my old blender.
Now, When it comes to making smoothies, it is great. I don't get that clump of ice that just didn't blend. Nor will I have that one frozen fruit floating around somewhere in my smoothie.
And when it comes to cleaning this blender, totally simple and easy if you have a dish washer, just put it on the rack and let it do its thing. Even if you have to wash it by hand, its simple just be careful it is a bit heavy since I assume its thick glass. Now the great thing about this is you can remove all parts of it, so that you can be sure to clean all parts of it, even on the bottom piece of the blender, there is a removable piece, so that you can be reassure to clean it thoroughly and have no mold gathering on the blender.
I absolutely have no complaints whatsoever, I haven't even seen this blender overheat. It is truly a great investment. I'd say itsa go getter and you will be glad you tried it.

a bit heavy

Cuisinart Power Blender didn't meet expectations

I was very happy to receive this blender as a gift from a family member.  It is sleek and stylish and seems very sturdy at first.

I did have this...Read complete review

I did have this blender for a couple of years, but I didn't use it regularly so it was not worn out by any means.

One nice hot summer day while having guests over for a BBQ we decided to make daquiri's using the Cuisinart.  The motor burned out crushing some (small) ice cubes.  Such a dissapointment for an expensive blender.  We had to run out to a near by store for a quick replacement blender right away to continue making what we were.

I intended to fix this blender so soon after the burnout I contacted Cuisinart for replacement part information.  They gave me the runaround after several attempts at corresponding with them so I finally gave up and just discarded the product.  I am very unhappy that a product purported to be an ice blender crusher would funk out that easily with cubes that weren't even large.

I now use a much lower cost Oster and it works just fine.

Efficient.

Comments about Cuisinart PowerBlend 500 Blender:

It has a nice design that looks nice enough sitting on my kitchen counter and goes well with my other kitchen appliances. It's not hard to clean and it does a great job at blending. It could be a little better at ice crushing, but it seems to be pretty good for the price. We have had ours for a little over a year and so far it seems durable, looks and performs like it did when it was brand new.

• Versatility:

A great blender for price and quality

Comments about Cuisinart PowerBlend 500 Blender:

This is a great overall blender. theres nothing special about it... it just does the job. after a couple years or so i started having some problems like a leak and the blade broke but they were solved cheaply and easily. I am very pleased with this blender

Blending Power
The blending power is good i wish there was a little more power though but it is good.

the clean can be difficult sometimes because it is hard to get around the blade clean but overall its not too hard that its annoying.

All you have to do is plug it in... put what you want in it... press on.... press the speed you want and its going. You can not get a blender that is easier to use than this one.

It is a simple design. nothing special. nothing bad. the mixture of black and silver is nice.

For a while it holds up pretty well but i've had some problems where the blade broke and there was leeks but it was easy to fix and it was cheap so it was pretty easy to fix.

• Versatility:

This is a decend blender for price

Comments about Cuisinart PowerBlend 500 Blender:

This is a pretty good blender. It does the job and decently well. The plastic by the blade broke once but that was after over a year of use.

It can get hard to clean around the blades but besides that it is very easy to clean this blender.

Plug it in and press the on button. really simple

Nothing to special. but look nice

I've had a few leaks before and the plastic by the blade broke but that was after a while of use.

great for many recipes

a bit heavy

• Versatility:

Powerful action and easy to clean

Comments about Cuisinart PowerBlend 500 Blender:

I was very impressed with the Cuisinart Power Blend 500 blender. I had to purchase a new blender after my old Kitchen Mate went out. I used a blender daily to make my weight loss shakes with and my hubby uses it daily as well to make his protein shakes. This type of blender has worked perfectly to make smoothies for us every day (sometimes twice a day). I am able to add in fruit and ice to my smoothies and they always come out with the right texture. This Power Blend blender from Cuisineart also works much faster than my old blender and cleaning it is super easy. I can put the canister in the dishwasher no problem or I can simply rinse off the blades and wipe out the canister for quick clean up. I do not regret this purchase whatsoever.

Blending Power
The blending power is great. I blends much faster than my old blender ever could.

Versatility
It performs all of the same actions as most other blenders. I typically use it for making smoothies, but I have no doubt it would do well making margaritas, daquiries, and the like as well.

I can put it in the dishwasher or wash it in the sink. It is very easy to clean.

It is very easy to use.

It looks nice and matches the color and theme of my other appliances.

So far I have not had any issues with its durability.

Best ever!!!!

Comments about Cuisinart PowerBlend 500 Blender:

My husband bought me this after ruining two "cheaper" versions. It is the best thing in my kitchen. I use it not only as a blender but make sauces, wonderful fresh salad dressing and flavored oils. It was a great purchase and one I could tell you to buy with confidence.

Good quality for money

Comments about Cuisinart PowerBlend 500 Blender:

I think the quality for the money is great. I didnt want to spend alot and this was in my price range. The blender is really something I use more and more now that I bought this one. And I find myself looking up new ways to use it. Many functions for this blender. Definitly recommend it to everyone. I will never go without a blender again, and will stick with the cuisinart brand. Very reliable and affordable.

Blending Power
Very good. I crush ice and it doesnt take long at all. Very strong.

Versatility
I make all sorts of things. Purees, milkshakes, cocktails and dressing. I find I use it more and more as I learn different uses for the blender.

Very easy to take blender off and wash. My old blender I used to fight to take it off and get it back on. It was very fustrating and made me not want to use it

Not to many buttons so dont get confused, but enough for all my needs. I have friends with blenders that have allsorts of different functions but they dont use half of them.

Purchased a while ago and is still in very good condition. I take of it and never had a problem with it.

My Best Blender Yet

Comments about Cuisinart PowerBlend 500 Blender:

This blender is the best one that I've owned yet (have gone through several)--since I no longer have a juicer--this does a great job with smoothies and pulverizing fruits. The processor attachments are o.k., but a little tricky, so I barely use it (the processor); it is louder than the blender function, also. But overall, I'd recommend this blender, the quality is great.

Does a great job.

Cuisinart Power Blender didn't meet expectations

from Suffern, NY

Comments about Cuisinart PowerBlend 500 Blender:

I now use a much lower cost Oster and it works just fine.

Above average blender for home use

from Guilford, CT

Comments about Cuisinart PowerBlend 500 Blender:

This blender was a gift, and I honestly had no idea when I would use it. It looked like more than I needed since I had rarely used my previous blender. I found quickly, however, with children it was a great addition to my kitchen arsenal when I came to food preparation and snack time.

This blender is very easy to use with buttons on a smooth surface so there are no cracks and crevices for food to get stuck in.  It works very well for making smoothies and soups, mixed drinks and milkshakes.  I do not use it daily, but I know that when I need it I can count on it working well.

The only complaint is that sometimes the top sticks a little too tightly.  This is great to make sure there is no food on my ceiling and it is easy to dislodge, but it would honestly be my only minor complaint.

I would reccomment this to anyone looking for a blender that is reliable and that will last years to come.