Other Food Processors:
Mini Choppers
Cuisinart
Models:
DLC-2A, DLC-2AG, DLC-2APK, DLC-2ALG, DLC-2ABC, DLC-2ATQ, DLC-2ALB, DLC-2ALY, DLC-2AM, DLC-2ALP
Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor

Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor

Pros

Cons

Small, easy to use.

I used to cook alot more before my current boyfriend and I got together. I had always wanted one of these, just never got one. My mom did though! My mother, who is infamous for her outrageous spending moved out and left us (the kids) with just about everything.  :)

Dishes, furniture, blankets, towels. Whatever it was we had it weither we knew it or not.

I had seen this floating around our old house and wanted to use it just never got around to it. SInce then we have moved and it was MIA for a little while. Yesterday, I found it. :)

Packed away in our families storage container, AKA my boyfriends non working Ford Explorer, lol. I picked it out along with a few other things, and used it for the first time today.

I just used it to chop up ingredients I was adding to my breakfast omlet.

But it did an impressive job! I only had it on for a few seconds before everything was chopped up, finely and so evenly.

Easy to assemble, easy to use, even easier to clean! But watch out for those blades though. I almost cut myself just checking it out before I took it home.

You can get them everywhere for about thirty or forty bucks. I would recommend one if you do a lot of chopping, lol. Or if you like to make pesto or dressings. This would be great for that!

I really enjoyed the mini chopper by cuisinart

I really enjoyed using this product. I especially liked how it goes from one blade to the next. The only really negative downside is the size.  At being only a 3 cup you have to empty it to make more than one batch of anything.  I think overall the mini-chopper by cuisinart is a very good fast functioning piece of kitchen equipment.

I would like to see, even for a 3 cup capacity, a bigger bowl.  And this item really needs to have a optional lid to go with it.  The one I tested does not and could really benefit from one.  Also, it does seem to have problems going from one blade to the next.  This would also be nice to have easier blades to switch in and out of.  I would also suggest more than two speeds.  Low and super fast are somewhat of a problem.  It would also be nice to see somekind of way to keep all the blades and other aparatis together.  This product over all is pretty quick to chop and dice but could use some "little" additions.

Mini-Prep is a handy helper!

from Glendale, AZ

Comments about Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor:

I've had this Cuisinart Mini-Prep for some time now. I use it for so many things. I use it for nuts for baking recipes, purees, hummus, guacamole, salsas, baby food, chopping garlic or herbs. This little food processor has so much power and works quickly, it's safe to use, locks in place before you can turn it on. It's easy to use, for little jobs. How many times do you just chop something by hand because you don't want to bring out the heavy Cuisinart food processor? The little guy is perfect to pull out with ease, set up and wash. I use it often because it's convenient, it easily stores in a cabinet, easy to clean, just hand wash in hot soapy water or put it in the dishwasher. I make vegetables for my puppy. I steam them first and then puree with a little chicken broth, add it to her food. It adds nutrients and fiber. She gobbles them up. I do carrots and green beans. It's like making baby food, this is the perfect appliance for making pureed baby foods, you can do meat, casseroles, vegetables and fruits. I have made hummus, you just need some canned garbanzo beans, garlic, tahini oil, lemon juice, so much cheaper than store bought hummus and tastes fresh and much better. I have many Cuisinart products and it's a quality brand, a brand you can trust, it's just another tool that I can count on by Cuisinart.

• Ease of Assembly:

Best food processor I have ever used!

Comments about Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor:

I love making fresh salsa, soups, and dips for my family and I used to use a blender and a hand mixer then I found the Cuisanart mini food processor and I am in love! This little baby is amazing! You can chop or grind foods depending on what size pieces you need. You can add liquids such as water, oil or flavoring while the machine is running. For example, you might want to add oil when making mayonnaise or salad dressing. Just pour the liquid through one of the two openings in the cover. It is that simple! This is a huge time saver. Assembly and cleaning as super simple plus most parts are dishwasher safe! If you do bulk prep and freeze foods for later use you need this machine! I like to buy mushrooms and such in bulk and prep them in the processor then freeze for later use in meals. This helps me to save money and make quick meals because my ingredients are already prepped ahead of time.

It works great

Comments about Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor:

I really like its compact shape for easy storage or attractive enough to just leave out on the counter for easy accessibility. It also holds a very good amount and that certainly beats dragging out the bigger food processor. It has a strong motor and the chop is great and then the grind option reverses the blade and you never have to open it up and scrape the sides down Then close back up and start again. its fast and simple. it also Have a good capacity so it will make a good amount of hummus, chopped veggies for salads, nuts, etc. all at once that the bigger food processors are too big for. It assembles and disassembles simple and easily and cleans up easy in dishwasher or even washing by hand. I would buy this for a new cook or a new bride. Makes a great gift even for the expert cook or chef. It's priced right and I feel it's the best value having had others. It is simple powerful and easy to use.

Small but powerful

from Houston, PA

Comments about Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor:

I love this processor. It is a cute little version of the larger Cuisinart but it is just as powerful. I received this as a gift from my mother in law and I can't believe how useful it is. When you need just a cup or two of bread crumbs, this is your machine. If you are chopping up some veggies for a recipe, this is the processor to use. It is so convenient and easy to use. It is also pretty easy to clean up, with most parts being dishwasher safe. I have bought these as gifts for friends after I realized how great it is.

• Ease of Assembly:

It works great and is small enough not to be cluttery.

from Cedar City, UT

Comments about Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor:

I love oh well it works, but it tends to be loud.

Power
It does the job without slowing down and stopping.

Safety
It seems very safe, but the you have to be careful of the blades. I like that it won't hook up until after the lid is on right so you don't have blades flying at you.

Ease of Assembly

The blades can be scary to wash, but other than that it is great.

I have had it for over a year and I love it.

• Ease of Assembly:

One of my favorite kitchen tools for prepping food!

from Albany, NY

Comments about Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor:

I love this thing! I have very high and deep cabinets, and often- to my annoyance- I have to get my chair and search through them to find my kitchen gadgets. This little tool is small and easy to use, plus it doesn't take up much space in the dishwasher (not the base, obviously). It works perfectly, but doesn't have all the attachments like the big ones do. But in a pinch, it is so much easier to get down! As a side note, you do have to fill it enough to thoroughly chop or mince. If you put a clove of garlic in, it will chop it still pretty well, but much better if there are a few other foods in there as well.

• Ease of Assembly:

Something you don't realize you need until you have it

Comments about Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor:

I love cooking. And not only do I love cooking, I love cooking with fresh ingredients. None of that powdered garlic, ginger and the like. However, I do not love doing prep for the dishes that I cook. It takes some of the fun out of cooking for me. It is for this reason that my fiance got me this cute mini food processor. Now prep is a breeze which means I cook more often and more varied dishes which means my fiance gets sumptuous meals every night.

Like I said, it is a MINI food processor so you cannot expect it to perform on par with some of the more heavy duty food processors. It fits my needs perfectly as more often than not, I am only cooking for 2.

It only has 2 settings: chop and grind, which means that you have to pay close attention or you might get things chopped or ground more finely than you need them. Set up is a breeze. As is cleanup because it only consists of the lid, the bowl, the processor and the blade all of which are dishwasher safe.

It's one of those things that you don't realize you need until you have it and then you wonder how you managed before you got it.

• Ease of Assembly:

Perfect for small jobs and for a single person.

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor:

I have been a fan of Cuisinart. However, I have hesitated buying a food processor since I am usually just cooking or preparing food for myself. I like this because it is smaller and I can leave it on my counter. This makes it more accessible and convenient. It grinds seeds and nuts. It is easy to clean--a real plus. It is convenient for chopping onions and celery and again great for small portions. I really enjoy using this product and am happy that I put it on my Christmas list. I find myself making many more recipes with the ease and convenience of this chopper. I recommend this brand and definitely recommend this mini food processor even if you have a full-size processor because of the ease and convenience.

Okay for very light use

from Arvada, CO

Comments about Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor:

This little beauty is fine for doing certain chunked stuff like salsas or bread crumbs. If you want a consistency that runs throughout your sauce of choice, you're barking up the wrong tree. With two "speeds" or "directions", the blade is too high off the base to catch bits stuck below it. And if your items aren't liquidy enough (yes, there are lots of my made-up words in this review!!), they get stuck on the sides and again, the blades can't catch it. Purees aren't smooth and ie: mushroom stuffing isn't uniform, some is overprocessed, some is underprocesssed. I'm on my second one (because it's cheap enough I could replace the one that burnt out), but I won't ever buy it again. It overheats really easily as you curse at it and hope switching the blades forward-back-forward-back will pick up the un-processed food stuffs on the bottoms and sides. By the end, it really tends to over process some of it and leave some of it half whole. Now, this is the PERFECT SIZE unit for small jobs, but really, they need to improve the blade positioning for uniformity and performance.

Power
The power is fine, but the blade positioning is where you lose function.

Safety
Can't run the thing without it assembled right, kudos here.

Ease of Assembly
Pretty easy to put together, but you have to put the blade on after the bowl is in place, it's wonky if you put the blade and bowl on at the same time.

Toss in the dishwasher, done.

Overheats easily as you shake the dang thing hoping the misplaced blades will catch the un-cuisinarted food.

Small but powerful.

from Honolulu, HI

Comments about Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor:

Although small, this Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus food processor packs a significant amount of power. However, its size overshadows its power as you will find yourself longing for a food processor with greater volume. I found I had to do things in batches, since the container was too small to hold enough for even a single recipe. Also, unlike larger food processors, I was not able to use it to mix my ingredients.

Pros: Powerful for size, easy storage.
Cons: Cannot hold much (only good for tiny batches), difficult to clean (but I find this is true of most food processors).

Safety
You need to latch the container on correctly or the food processor will not work.

Ease of Assembly
Difficult to get container on appropriately. Need to make sure it fits into the notch which can be a tight fit.