Other Blenders:
Cuisinart
Cuisinart HB-154PC Handheld Blender

Cuisinart HB-154PC Handheld Blender

LOVE MY HANDHELD BLENDER

I bought this Cuisinart HB-154PC Handheld Blender this a few months ago. I wanted it so that I can make my own tomato soup for my family. It works great for that and we have been enjoying the homemade soup. I have also found it to work great for smoothies. Previously I would use my blender to make the smoothies but it is a lot larger and more cumbersome. My Cuisinart HB-154PC is much easier to handle. I love how the handle attaches to the cup and chops everything up. I have not had any problems with it in any temperatures, not even the very hot soup. I can just put it in and in a short time everything is very well blended. There is also a wire whip that attaches to the end, making it handy to just whip up something small instead of having to get out my large counter-top mixer. I have found that it cleans quite easily. I just use the blender in some soapy water and then allow the various parts to air dry. The chopper attachment holds three cups and it has a sturdy metal blade. The blade on the blender is also a sturdy metal. I really like how everything comes easily apart so that I can store it in my kitchen drawer. I store the measuring cup and chopper separate from the blender and wire whip. I feel that the cord is long enough for me to use it easily. This is a very well made product and I feel that my money was well spent. I did a lot of research in advance, checking out reviews by others who had purchased it. I have not used it to chop ice since I don't know if it is made for that, but I have used it to chop up fruit. It is very easy to hold in my hand. I do not have any problems controlling it while using it.

Blending Power
It blends excellently. It only takes about two minutes to blend a large double batch of tomato soup. I remove the pot of soup from the stove and just put the blender right in. It is long enough to do a thorough job. When I have made smoothies with it and blends perfectly without any issues whatsoever. I have not tried to use it for ice since I am unsure about that and do not want to damage the blades or the chopper.

Versatility
It is very versatile. I find I can use it for smoothies, soup, and can use the wire whisk to make gravy and whipped cream. I have not tried it for other recipes yet but I feel I can use it for other things as well. Although I have only used it for tomato soup I plan to use it for other cream soups as well.

It washes up easily in a bit of soap and water. I just add some soap to my large measuring cup and blend it briefly, then rinse and allow to air dry.

It is easy to use. It is not too heavy to use and I have arthritis. All of the parts attach and remove easily. I store the cup and chopper by my mixing cups and the rest of the parts in a kitchen drawer. Everything comes apart so that it is not too long to easily fit in the drawer.

It is very well designed and has a great look. The metal color is sleek and attractive. It is very easy to hold and control.

This is very well made and of excellent materials. The metal blades are top quality and wash up really well. I have not had any problems with rust or anything else for that matter.

A Little Sad

I only use Cuisinart appliances, I've loved them for over 33 years. This handheld blender is a little disappointing. It's rechargeable and does not hold the charge for a long time. After one use, I'm un-attaching the charger unit and recharging it again. I wish they would have figured out a way to make the battery charge last a little longer.

Blending Power
When the hand held blender if fully charged, it has a lot a of power!! After a few minutes you can feel the power draining. It just doesn't go as fast as it should. I use mine with a lot of batters, IE pancakes..when it starts up, it's great...and then slowly goes down hill.

Versatility
The versatility is great! I can mix up pancake and crepe batter, rinse it off and blend soups. It has a chopper/grinder attachment that is pretty awesome. It gives a nice chop to onions, celery and peppers. It's much easier to use this, than to pull out a food processor. I'm extremely pleased with it's versatility!!

All you have to do is dip the blending end into hot soapy water and it's clean!! I only wipe off the handle with a warm sponge and disinfecting wipe. The chopper attachment is also easy to clean, since the blade portion is on the stick itself. You don't have to touch the blades!

My only gripe about this handheld blender is the battery!! My mother and daughter both have the identical handheld blender and have the same complaint about it. You don't have the cord to plug in. BUT, you do have align the charging unit with the stick portion of it. If it's not aligned perfectly...it won't do anything. Other than that, it's really easy to use!

I love the design. It's space saving and doesn't take up much room. The attachments for this hand held blender are another story! They are a little "bulky" and take up some serious space in my cabinet.

I've owned my hand held blender for over a year now. It replaced an older Cuisinart hand held blender, which I used daily for over 10 years. The only problem with the rechargeable hand held is if you drop it, the charging unit does come off of the handle. It's also a little heavier in weight than a plug in version.

Versatile but tough to clean!

from India

Pros

• Powerful
  • Stable

Cons

• Hard to Clean

• Drinks
  • Large Kitchen
  • Small Kitchen

Comments about Cuisinart HB-154PC Handheld Blender:

A great blender that blends any item at an amazing speed. it can make milk shakes, protein shakes, drinks in no time. it also does not produce too much noise when blending items.
Blending Power
It is extremely powerful and blends food at an amazing speed. Have not tried ice yet though but it has crushed almost every other item I put on the blender.
Versatility
Whether you want a milk shake or a warm soup, it can do everything.
Ease Of Cleaning
Cleaning below the blades is quite tough, apart from that everything is just fine.
It is very easy to use. It has a push button, just press the button after putting the items and the rest will take care by the blender.
I bought this a year ago and so far so good. have not had any significant problems with the blender.

It is a great choice

from St Barbara, CA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Powerful
  • Precise Control
  • Stable

• Cooking
    • Crushing Ice

It is a great choice

It is the best blender that exists throughout the market certainly provides an enviable quality, ensuring more than buy a lifetime investment, as it has finished truly art, made with highly durable materials and what is much better after using it, you will be amazed at the ease with which you can wash it. With this product you will get the perfect kitchen for you and your partner, you can make any kind of smoothies, juices, sauces, experiment and do everything you've always wanted to do in your kitchen.

So pamper the most important thing you have in your life, your family, your children, your siblings, your parents, your boyfriend, your girlfriend, your friends in order all your loved ones. It is a producer provides an enviable by all reliability and will make your life much more pleasant.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Mediocre blender

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Precise Control

Cons

• Not Powerful

Comments about Cuisinart HB-154PC Handheld Blender:

I only had this blender for a year before the motor died on me. Obviously I'm not very happy with how short it lasted. While I was able to use it, it worked pretty well. I really had to put some effort into using this handheld blender on lots of frozen fruits, and no matter what I was blending, I had to stop to stir it frequently. The container it comes with to blend in is pretty small, measuring only two cups. That ended up being just fine for what I was using it for, but if you ever wanted to blend a larger quantity of something, you would probably find it quite inconvenient to have to do multiple batches. It was, however, really easy to clean up, which is definitely a plus for me. And it did always get the job done, just perhaps a little slower and with a bit more effort than other blenders might. If it hadn't died, I'd have to say that I would not recommend this product, especially if you plan on using a blender often. It would be worth it to spend a little more to purchase something higher quality.

Handy little device!

from Troy NY

Comments about Cuisinart HB-154PC Handheld Blender:

My go-to immersion blender died, and when I saw the cost of a replacement unit, I shuddered. A friend recommended the Cuisinart HB-154PC Handheld Blender, and I'm glad she did.

It's a super effective, super versatile blender, AND it doesn't take up much space and can be easily store in a drawer.

All in all, it's a great blender for the price though!

Blending Power
      Great power - crushes ice and frozen fruits with ease!

Versatility
      The Cuisinart HB-154PC Handheld Blender is a great little device, it can blend just about anything. It makes chunky soups into smooth soups, turns ingredients into smoothies or milkshakes, and is absolutely wonderful for producing frozen drinks for a cocktail party.

The only downside is cleaning this little bugger. Getting up underneath the blades can be rather difficult, I ended up using one of the old brushes I used for the kids bottles, because it worked better than any other tool I had handy. But it's still kind of tough to tell if you got everything out of the blades after blending a soup or a smoothie.

Love this blender!

Comments about Cuisinart HB-154PC Handheld Blender:

I wanted a blender that could be used in a soup pot or cup without dumping it into my big blender so I picked up one of these and I a So happy I did! I have made milk shakes, blended soups and other drinks so far and its wonderful.

Blending Power
      So far so good with power. I haven't come across anything that it wouldn't work with. Haven't tried ice as we have a machine designed for that but I would assume it would work too, maybe with crushed ice though. It does make a smooth milk shake though and wonderful blended soups!

Versatility
      I love that this can go from a warm soup to an ice cream frozen drink without a problem! I also like the size because its smaller then my stand blender.

The only thing I dislike is cleaning it. Cleaning under the blades are really hard! I use a baby bottle brush because of the bent head to get it clean but honestly its hard to see if you miss something. I do wish it was easier cleaning.

This is a piece of cake to use! Push the button and your on your way.

The design is good beyond the cleaning portion of it.

So far so good and I have had it for a few years now. No problems yet.

A Little Sad

• Versatility:

My most used, favorite kitchen appliance!

from Beaverton, OR

Comments about Cuisinart HB-154PC Handheld Blender:

I have given away more kitchen appliances in my lifetime than most people have even used. There are many that I was glad to have ... but almost all of those appliances stay in the cupboard, these days. I now mix pancakes, cake, deviled eggs, fruit smoothies or iced mocha, or mash potatoes for three with only the stick ... chop onions and celery in seconds in the attachment ... and then 1-2-3 and it's clean and put away!

Versatility
      Whether I'm wanting a milk shake, needing to chop veggies, or suddenly realize I have lumps in my gravy, this is the only gadget I need. It even does fine in a hot pan of gravy.

Cleaning is a breeze! Just put soapy water into any container and use the Cuisinart on it! Then rinse it the same way.

This takes up just a tiny space in a drawer, and I use it for so many things that I have almost completely stopped using the many other appliances we own. We usually only cook for three, but recently I had company and made a huge bowl of mashed potatoes with it. In less than the time it takes to pull out my mixer, it was done AND the Cuisinart was washed and put away! All of the potatoes were completely mashed and creamy. I hadn't used it for mashing until that day. It was so easy that now we have mashed potatoes four or five times a week!

A Powerful Blender For Its Size

Comments about Cuisinart HB-154PC Handheld Blender:

This is a super little blender that works just as well as those non handheld blenders around. It is of a good size that it will fit into pitchers or even some tall glasses. And it has no problem fitting into bowls.

Blending Power
      Blends up all your foods and drinks quickly and thoroughly. You get smooth products and not something full of lumps.

Versatility
      This is a really great handheld blender for all your blending needs. It is great for mixing up drinks like smoothies. And I love how well it works for foods. I love making mashed potatoes in a bowl and using this blender makes very short work of those potatoes.

It is very easy to clean this little blender. I just rinse it in the kitchen sink and use a wet sponge to clean it off. And I just use my washcloth or paper towel to dry it off. It takes only a couple of minutes at most.

It's very easy to use this blender. Right out of the box you'll be able to use it it's so easy.

Cool design. Looks more modern than most handheld blenders.

Strong motor. I use it all the time and it's still as strong as day one.

Useful

Comments about Cuisinart HB-154PC Handheld Blender:

Very useful around the kitchen. Whenever I need to puree a soup or even a smoothie I always turn to this. Very good for people with limited space. You can also chop things and make very nice dressing. Overall I love this product.

Blending Power
      Good blending power, not as good as dedicated blenders or to crush ice but still very nice!

• Versatility:

Does its job well, except with ice

Comments about Cuisinart HB-154PC Handheld Blender:

I enjoy using this blender to make fruit smoothies in the morning for breakfast. The first time I tried it, I tried to use ice, which didn't go very well. The blender had a hard time crushing up the ice, so I ended up taking it out. It has no problem with frozen fruit, though, which makes the smoothie cold enough for me, and probably smoother. I have also used it to make some smooth soups, which came out nicely. If you are using it for that in a wide bowl or pot, I would suggest starting at a low speed and gradually dialing it up once the blades are submerged. That way, you are less likely to splash and make a mess. I haven't tried the whisk attachment yet, but I am sure it will make very fluffy eggs. I'm planning to use that feature to make waffles tomorrow morning. Overall, great blender.

Blending Power
      It's not so great with ice, but otherwise works great.

Versatility
      The handheld design makes it very easy to use for a variety of tasks.

The blade part pops right off and is quite easy to wash.

I have only had it for a month, but so far it has held up well.