Other Coffee Makers:

Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

Cuisinart at its finest time of the day

My husband was never much of a coffee drinker before I bought the Cuisinart Coffee maker. He loves it. I love that you can set your coffee up the night before and  program it to go off in the morning and brew your coffee. Since it sounds like a jet plane taking off when the grinder goes off it doubles as an alarm clock and you will surely wake up to the smell of fresh ground coffee. After you pick yourself up off of the floor from where you fell out of bed because the sound of the plane crashing into your house awoke you, you can stumble into the kitchen and poor yourself a wonderfully brewed cup of coffee. It has a filter in the system, so that the water is pure to make a pure cup of coffee. The only downfall we have had is that the ants seem to like to gather in the reservoir when they are out scouting for water. It is not very pleasant to pour yourself a cup of ants in the morning. I would suggest to everyone to check the filter and reservoir for ants periodically.

Cuisinart Coffeemaker--Be careful what you wish for

I should start this by saying that normally I am a BIG fan of Cuisinart. They have a great reputation for making appliances using cutting edge technology and I really appreciate their products. I have several other appliances made by them and have always enjoyed their use.

I saw the coffeemaker in the store. It was bold and shiny and beautiful, matching my stainless steel decor. It had a pre=programmable function that allowed you to put beans in the top the night before, along with some water and get fresh-brewed coffee the next day. This means I do not have to get up, grind the beans, put the grounds in the coffeemaker and wait for fresh coffee. It would add an extra five minutes to my morning for (checking Facebook) making my kids' lunches for school. It has a carafe to keep your coffee hot for the morning, and a feature to allow you to grab a cup of coffee while the pot is still brewing.

I took the machine home, put in the Fair Trade coffee beans I had purchased at the store, set the timer, excitedly went to sleep and woke up to my alarm the next day. I heard the grinder start and went to grab a cup before I got in the shower to start my day. And, ofcourse, to admire my new appliance and my good fortune at having bought such a nifty machine. However, as it began to brew, the filter door opened up. Coffee ran everywhere. I closed, and it stayed shut. ANd I spent my extra five minutes (that I had cunning derived by buying this new gadget) cleaning up coffee and grounds from the counter. This machine was too expensive to throw away, and it was only once... So, I cleaned the area around the button that held the filter door closed, checked that it worked, and it seemed to hold.

And, I had uninterrupted peace with my coffee machine for almost one month before the unthinkable happened again. But, because I had built a trusting relationship with this coffeemaker and it was a day when I was running late (too many snooze alarm hits) I did not check my coffeemaker and on this particular morning, it decided to spew coffee along the kitchen counter, and because I was not there to catch it, it managed to get coffee on the floor and all over the kitchen. And, I (who was already running late) spent a good deal of time tossing towels on coffee. Then, I ran off to work, only to return approximately 8 hours later to clean dried coffee.

But, I decided to give it one more chance, blaming it on operator error. I got up as soon as I heard the bean grinder get started, and ran out to check on the filter door. It worked well, and kept me from being late for work AND, I was there to catch the door when it opened.

So, I had to realize that this error in the machine was perplexing. I had tried everything I could think of, I even asked a friend who is an engineer to check it out, and he could recommend no quick fix. So, I called the company and asked what they recommended for this issue. They immediately sent me a new machine. I used the box from the new one to mail back the old one, postage paid by Cuisinart.

And, I began the process all over. I cleaned it, put the beans in, set the timer, and went excitedly to bed, dreaming of coffee from my new machine. And, I hurriedly awoke to the bean grinder, ran out to check on the coffeemaker, and the door stayed shut this time. For a few weeks I repeated this process, running out, checking the filter door, and it stayed shut. And, one day, I decided to chance it, having built up such a relationship of trust. I heard the bean grinder start and I decided to get in the shower first. Wen I went to the kitchen, all was as it should be, with no mess!!

Since then, I have returned to my snooze alarm ways. I am back to rushing out the door, late to work...

Maybe they still have my first machine. My boss would appreciate them sending it back!

Several family

Cuisinart Grind & Brew

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

Coffee is a big deal with me. I even roast my own coffee beans, and take great care to brew coffee to bring out it's best qualities. This Cuisinart is hands-down the best automated coffee maker I have found, and short of the more labor-intensive Chemex (and other pour methods) produces the best, most reliable cup of coffee. If mine ever wears out, I will buy another

Brew Performance
Produces an excellent cup of coffee dependably. I am speaking as a coffee geek, who purchases roasts green coffee beans, and roasts them myself.

Humidity gets into the coffee grinding area, making this a little cumbersome to clean. Using a soft-bristle brush makes this much easier to accomplish.

Couldn't be easier: add whole beans, water, hit button, come back in 10 minutes, pour a cup of delicious coffee. The thermal carafe keeps coffee warm for at least four hours

One limitation - minimum brew is four cups. Not a problem for me.

I have had this coffee maker for almost 10 years. and it has performed flawlessly - if it ever wears out, I will not hesitate to buy another.

Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12 cup Coffee Maker to much trouble

from Texas

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

This is a really good coffee maker but for me I found that I didn't like grinding coffee. Silly but seemed every time I ground the coffee, I ended up with a mess to clean up. Yes, it does make a good cup of coffee but I just found the machine to much effort and energy to use.

Brew Performance
The actual brewing time is about the same as any other coffee pot. The thing that I found rather odd was there seemed to be something magical about grinding the coffee because as it seemed every time that I would start the grinding, everyone would just relax and we would have a wonderful evening of visiting with each other.

The pot is easy enough to clean although it does have some sots that was hard to get to. I don't like to keep appliance out on the counter and this coffee unit is tall enough that it was a challenge to find a cabinet that it would fit in. Now this pot is in storage and I pull it out only when I want to make a larger number of cups of coffee.

I found that if I got everything ready to make the coffee except for the grinding and pushing a button before dinner it was a whole lot easier to use.

I have a friend who loves the machine and I am thinking that it would be good to pass it on to her. It will have a good home and someone who appreciates it.

The brand is quality and this machine is made well so there is no reason not to expect it to last. If you like the aroma of coffee brewing, this would be a great machine to have.

• Brew Performance:

Fresh ground coffee, but tough to clean up!

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I cannot go 5 minutes in the morning without coffee. Stumbling to the kitchen and making it every morning used to really stink. When shopping for coffee makers, I didn't know that they made ones that would ground the coffee and brew also, so the idea of having fresh ground coffee make itself for me before I even wake up is amazing! I found this Cuisinart, and fell in love with it, even though the previous coffee maker I owned was the same brand, and I wasn't a huge fan of it. My expectations were met as far as having freshly ground coffee (which is so much better than the already ground kind, no matter the brand of coffee). One problem though: It is so LOUD! This is only a problem though because now I have a baby! When shopping for it, a baby in the house was just a thought in our minds. The loudness of the grinding actually was a sort of alarm clock for me, and a great one at that! I could pre-set the time and wake up and have that coffee in hand in LESS than five minutes. Now, however, I cannot use it in the morning at all. So, I would say it's more for people without babies

This is my only other gripe. They advertise the ease of cleaning, which in an of itself is true; you can remove most parts and they are dishwasher safe. My issue is that you have to clean the filter by hand, and tediously, because the coffee grounds hide in there and over time, it becomes more built-up, then delivers those into your fresh cup of coffee. Yuck.

The design is sleek and looks very professional! It looks very nice in my kitchen.

Over time, the pieces have gotten harder to clean. Other than that, it had lasted me around 3 years and still works, I just don't use it as much now due to the clean-up.

• Brew Performance:

Great Coffee Maker For More Then One.

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

This was one of our first coffee makers but there is only one real coffee drinker on our house so making 4 cups every morning and dumping ~2 cups was a waste. So we used this one for a few years but then switched to a K-cup machine which was better for our family. But when we have company this machine is back to work again!

Brew Performance
3 words, freshly ground beans. Can you smell it yet? I don't care how vacuumed sealed a bag of ground coffee is, it will never beat the smell of freshly ground beans! As for the brew after smelling the beans it takes alittle time to make the pot but it is programmable so we did ours as we were waking up and the pot was done and hot when we were ready to fill the travel mug. Tastes Great!

Ok being honest here cleaning it was more of a pain then anything. Lots of little parts to clean and sometimes it got stuck on and you needed a brush to work it out. We used an old baby bottle brush though which worked well. Luckily most of the parts could be taken out though to wash which was nice.

Fairly simple to set up and go. The water reservoir was easy to fill and see where you were at water wise and the beans were easy to put in but you did have to put them and water in every time.

It was a nice compact machine that worked well. I think a stainless carafe would be better to hold the heat longer. I know they make those as well.

Can't complain. It's worked well for us for many years . We put it away about 3 years ago but still break it out when company comes to make those bigger pots of coffee. Still works like day one too. My guess is we had it for at least 6 years before we got a single cup one.

• Brew Performance:

A great all-in-one grinder/coffee maker

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I really like this coffee maker. It's great to not have a separate grinder sitting out on my kitchen counter. I love the fact that I can set the timer the night before and it will automatically grind the whole bean coffee before I get up. The one down side is that the grinder is quite loud. My bedroom is next to my kitchen so it's kind of like an airplane taking off! If you weren't awake before, you will be once it starts grinding!

I love that you can put all of the components that need cleaning in the dishwasher. The bottom of the grinder sometimes takes a little more effort when washing by hand. The downside is you have to clean it each time you use it because the heat from the coffee maker causes any coffee bits left to become wet and stick in the grinder.

Looks pretty, doesn't take up more space than the average coffee maker.

After a while, the spring that holds the filter holder causes the face to pop open while brewing. It just gets dirty with coffee dust, and all you need is some pressurized air spray can to spray the coffee dust out of the crevices.

• Brew Performance:

Fresh ground coffee programmed to a tee!

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

There is nothing like waking up in the morning to the aroma of coffee- better than any alarm clock. This machine grinds, brews and has coffee ready by the time I'm downstairs- all programmable the night before.

Brew Performance
Have the option of grinding or if you get a bag of ground coffee, no problem. Turn it off or on. Brew quality and temperature of coffee is excellent.

There is a cleaning function on the machine and if you use a small brush to clean out the holes where water drips, that helps.

Not hard to use once you read the directions, set the clock up and the brewing.

It is a big machine, but the stainless front and the stainless carafe fit nicely into any kitchen decor.

Works great, Hot fresh coffee

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I never thought I would like to grind my own beans. I've always been a fan of Maxwell House and never imagined anything as good, but this product changed my mind. Not only does the coffee taste better, it stays hotter. The coffee smells amazing as well. Clean up is ez pz. Has attractive design. Highly recommended!

Brew Performance
Brews quick and delivers great tasting coffee.

Clean up is easy and user friendly. Just a little soap and water is all that is needed.

If I can operate it, anyone can. Even my husband (who doesn't drink coffee) can operate it without instructions. lol

Very attractive design that adds a little something extra to my kitchen decor. Looks like a professional coffee pot.

Has lasted much longer than any other coffee maker I've owned. I wasn't sure about spending this much on a coffee pot because I never have luck with them lasting very long but it has proven me wrong. You DO get what you pay for.

• Brew Performance:

Great coffee maker, parts get stuck over time

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

Up until recently, I have really loved this coffee maker. It is super easy to use. Putting whole beans in the top and having them ground automatically makes for a really good cup of coffee. I've had this machine for a couple years now, and recently the compartment in the top where the beans go has been getting stuck and is very difficult to remove. At first it was just on and off, but now it gets stuck after every use, which makes cleaning it pretty difficult. From what I've read, this is a pretty common problem. If I could consistently take it out to clean it, I would give this product a 10.

Very easy to clean when pieces don't get stuck, but over time compartment for beans gets stuck and becomes very difficult to remove, making cleaning quite hard.

Design could be improved to prevent bean compartment from sticking with extended use.

Still brews well after a couple years, but dis-assembly for cleaning becomes an issue.

• Brew Performance:

Makes a great cup of coffee.

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

Very good coffee maker. I've had it for over a year and its still chugging a long.

Brew Performance
Very tasty cup of coffee.

It can be tedious to clean. Make sure you run a pot of vinegar through it every now and then. I didn't and it was being weird. The vinegar fixed it right up.

Pretty simple to use.

It won't fit under my counter. Have to put it on a separate table.

Never had a problem.

Just what I need.

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

Love this coffeemaker! I love the brew 1-4 cups option, since I am the only one at home that drinks hot coffee. And its so fast!

I don't usually use the grinder, but when I do, cleaning is not very easy.

Cup measurement in the water well is hard to read.

Stainless steel looks great in my modern kitchen.

We've had ours for years, and it works the same as it always has.