3.6

3.6

Great Coffee Maker & Grinder

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I'm not one for fancy coffee makers, nor for brewing 1 cup at a time. I like my big pot of coffee! I'm impressed with the Grind & Brew. I never ground my own beans before, and the included instructions were very helpful. I like that I can use fresh ground beans or pre-ground beans. Besides it being a good coffeemaker, here are some things I don't like: cleaning up after grinding beans is not fun, at least for me, the grinder cap sticks and I have to do some rigorous pulling to take it off and wash it. Also, the water tank isn't as wide as my previous machine, so to me it's a bit harder to clean out as well. I haven't used the timer function yet, so I can't comment on whether it actually brews me goodness at 6am of it's own volition. But if you're looking for a stylish coffeemaker and grinder, this one is great.

Brew Performance
Makes coffee quickly.

The grinder just does not want to be cleaned!

Pour water in, put the coffee in, press a few buttons, yeah it's pretty easy.

It looks gorgeous in my kitchen

No issues thus far, I've had it about a year

• Brew Performance:

Great Coffee Maker

from Elyria, OH

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I have had this coffee maker from Cuisinart for about six months.  I have been a fan of this brand for many years and have the best tasting coffee on the block!  The coffee brews at the optimal temperature and has a great taste.  I am not a fan of the grinder feature, but that's because I have to clean it after every use and it builds up moisture making it even more of a hassle.  I just use a separate grinder to for my beans.

The flavor is fantastic and the adjustable temperature on the heating element is a nice feature.  It looks like a nice piece of artwork on your counter tops with it's sleek stainless steel body and Italian styling.  It would look good in any kitchen with a modern style or even a traditional one.  I also like the beeps to tell you when the coffee is done and when it turns off, which is also adjustable.

I really like this coffee maker, but not a fan of the non adjustable grinder.

Good features,tho worked less than a year. Difficult to clean.

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I have had two of the Cuisinart coffee/brewers in less than a year. The first one was given to me last year as a Christmas gift.  I was having problems with it as it wasn't grinding the coffee properly. After about a month, I exchanged it for another one.  The second one did the same thing which was spraying  some of the grounds on my counter top as it was grinding the coffee. About a month ago I had to replace it for a new one as the heading element went out and it would not grind the coffee.  I replaced it with a different brand. It was a little hard to clean, and now I am enjoying the Krups coffee/brewer that I replaced my Cuisinart coffeebrewer with. I have used other Cuisinart products in the past and have liked them, so I was disappointed with the two I had.  I believe Cuisinart has good products, but I would not recommend the coffee/brewer system I had.  The system made good coffee, but also made a mess.

Grinds and brews in one machine.

from West Jordan, UT

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I don't have lots of space on my counters.  I like using whole beans and this machine will grind it as well as brew it.  It will also brew ground coffee.  You don't have to buy filters since it comes with a basket that can be washed out and reused.  I've been using the same one for three months and I anticipate using it for quite some time.  The stainless steel carafe keeps the coffee hot which is a real plus since I can make coffee for me and hours later my husband can also enjoy a hot cup.  There are five pieces that need to be cleaned and dried after each use.

Great taste...starts to fall apart after five years

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

This coffee pot started off very strong however after 5 years there is some general wear and tear.  I have the white version of the coffee pot and it appears a little stained.  Also, if you turn the grinder off and use a coffee scoop to brew 12 cups of coffee, the grains overload the system and the coffee starts coming out of the bottom.  It was the strangest thing I have ever seen.

My biggest headache with this coffee pot is two fold: First, to clean it is a mess.  There are seven removable pieces that must be taken out and cleaned (and appear stained no matter what you do), and second: The canister that holds the grains pops out now even if you have firmly affixed it into place.  This is frustrating because the grains can then drain into the coffee pot OR not at all, leaving you with extremely watered down coffee!

All in all I really enjoy being able to put whole beans in the top, grind them, and have them come out at the bottom.  But because of the cleaning factor I have stopped using the grind feature anyway.