3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

My morning savior!

If you like freshly ground coffee in the morning with no effort involved other than waking up, this is the horse right here.  You load it up with beans in the grinder apparatus, pour in the water, insert the filter, turn on the timer, and voila!  Freshly ground coffee upon awakening.  It's a solidly made coffee maker/grinder from Cuisinart, and sports a stainless steel carafe that if preheated, will keep your coffee hot all day long without the use of a underneath the pot type heating element.  Ground coffee may also be utilized should you wish, by pouring the grind into the filter basket, and turning off the grinding mechanism, which is quite simple.

This machine takes a small bit more effort on the cleaning front as there are more parts than a traditional coffee maker, but cleaning can be accomplished in under 60 seconds, and the small amount of effort it takes by cleaning the surfaces for the reward of freshly ground coffee in the morning, I find to be insignificant.

A great coffee maker that makes delicious coffee and utilizes less electricity due to no lower heater equals ***5 stars*** in my book.

Worth it if you received as a gift!

I received this product as a gift from a coffee snob. He had it an insisted that I have the same one. The previous reviews have covered the hassle of cleaning and completely drying the components you can get to, the ear shattering grinder, the leaky carafe and the necessity of either purchasing water filters or cleaning monthly with vinegar. Mine is now four years old, which is why I gave it a satisfactory rating. Four years is a darn good life for a coffee pot that's used multiple times per day. What hasn't been mentioned yet is the printing on the front of the machine. I've never used anything to clean it with except the soapy dishcloth. No chemicals and no paper products. Here I am four years down the road and none of the buttons are labeled anymore. The printing is gone! If I didn't know what each button was for from constant use, I'd never be able to use this machine again. I will continue to use until it dies, but I will not replace it with another.

Brew Performance
As long as you completely clean and dry all components and make sure everything is snapped closed tightly and that the machine either has water filter or been cleaned recently with vinegar, you will have a beautiful cup of coffee. If you're not careful with these things, you will have coffee and grounds all over the countertop and very little in your carafe.

Components are a pain to clean and dry but not out of realm of acceptability. The area where the coffee filters go for pre-ground coffee is almost inaccessible. Grounds get in there and you can't get your fingers and a washcloth in the small area to clean them out. Of course they end up dropping down into your carafe and you get them in your cup.

Once you learn how to use it, it's very easy.

Leaky carafe, small water receptacle that's impossible to see into to measure amount of water, next to impossible to dry grinder area, very limited access to area behind basket. However, i do like the fact that you can store extra cord length inside the machine.

Mechanically, this things a workhorse. Mine is going into it's fifth year of twice daily use. I gave "good" rating instead of "very good" because all of the printing is gone under the control buttons. I'm the only one who can make coffee because no one else knows what buttons to push!

Great coffee if you don't mind LOUD

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

We have had this coffee maker for a few months. It takes more than average time to prep, but it also keeps it clean and pretty residue-free which can be a con of other coffee makers with quicker prep times. It is so nice putting whole coffee beans in the night before knowing you will wake up to fresh coffee. And you WILL wake up. It is LOUD! The loud is all of the grinding, though. Drinking fresh coffee, priceless.

Brew Performance
Coffee brews very fresh and I have never had grounds in my coffee.

I gave this the lowest rating simply because you have to clean the non paper filter along with cleaning the actual container that houses and grinds the beans. This is all in addition to cleaning out the pot. It is a few extra steps than normal but we have found that it stays really clean since you are constantly having to clean it out. Also, when we ground our beans separately we had some coffee bean residue on the counter and we don't ever have that anymore.

A few extra steps with the whole beans but worth it.

• Brew Performance:

Cuisinart brew station great but short lived

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

I bought this coffeemaker to go with my stainless kitchen and I loved Cuisinart products. I loved fresh ground coffee. So it seemed like a good fit!.
I had this coffee pot for 2 years, I loved it for about 1 year. Then I started having problems with it, The basket spring would spring out in the middle of a brew and bam huge coffee and grounds mess everywhere!. It got into the programing and would fog up the digital display where you couldn't see it. I would have to totally dismantle the pot and clean it out, I also found that the grinder didn't hold enough coffee if you liked a medium strength coffee so you had to grind then add more and grind again, I finally just decided grinding in the coffeepot was a hassle and stopped doing it.I did love the pot for the first year though, and I went to buy another when it stopped working all together

was great for awhile

hard to clean if you ever have an accident

easy to use

the design is nice but theres not enough room if you need a stronger blend

• Brew Performance:

Makes a satisfying cup of joe

from Ventura, CA

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

This is a great machine that brews very delicious tasting coffee. The design is excellent and looks very sleek and modern on your counter. It is very convenient to have the grinder built in but there have been a few, quickly fixed, issues or hiccups. It makes a very smooth and strong cup of coffee but it has not been complete "smooth sailing." The problems with the grinding and brewing were easily fixed but still had to be overcome.

Brew Performance
Makes delicious tasting coffee.

Obviously having a built in grinder makes it a little harder to clean than a machine without the grinder.

Extremely easy to set up and operate.

Love it, very sleek and modern

A few issues encountered, but easily fixed.

Great coffeemaker for entertaining

from Frisco, TX

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

This is a great coffee maker for entertaining. It makes a large pot of coffee and allows the user to choose between ground coffee or coffee beans. The timer is wonderful! I set ir before bed and awake to fresh, hot coffee every morning. My favorite feature is the thermal carafe. I can pour a hot cup of coffee 6 hours after brewing it! My only complaint is that it is difficult to clean.

My coffee maker is 7 years old and still functions like new.

• Brew Performance:

Nighe thought, but lacks in execution

from Trinity, NC

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

Over all this is a good product, but it has issues with the flow of grounds getting backed up after being ground and getting stuck in the tube leading down to the filter basket. Also, there does not seem to be any way to know how many beans are needed for less then a full pot, so if you are making a 1/2 pot, use pre-ground beans... I had a previous model and the grinder just stopped working, so I had to buy a burr grinder. Ends up that a burr grinder gives you more choices anyways!

• Brew Performance:

Worth it if you received as a gift!

from Joliet, IL

Brew Performance

Once you learn how to use it, it's very easy.

• Brew Performance:

Grind and Brew-too many parts to clean

from Portland, OR

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

The Cuisinart Grind and Brew thermal is great in theory. I do love my coffeemaker but I hate cleaning all the parts everyday. There are several parts that have to get cleaned after each use, somedays it is just too much. I do like the grinding of beans each time I make coffee, great sound in the morning, but it does require a bit of time comitment each time for cleaning.

The thermal carafe does not keep the coffee hot as long as I would have hoped. It usually stays warm for a couple hours. Since the carafe is stainless, it does stain from the coffee. To keep it clean I use some liquid dishwasher detergent and let it soak for several hours. It does seem to remove quite a bit of the staining.

This is a good coffee maker, but may not be worth the price.

• Brew Performance:

The grind and brew is so easy to use.

from Navarre, FL

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

The coffee maker comes in white or black with a glass pot, and black and chrome with a thermal pot. I have the glass.

While the white looks good on the counter at first, over time the face yellows from the steam coming out of the basket area, and nothing takes that out, leaving it to look dirty. Get the black one.

It has it all 1-4 cup selection, 12 cup pot, time and timer, and you can turn the ginder off.

Keeping in mind I've never ground coffee before this, I found the grinding compartment items very hard to clean. The basket compartment that pops out with the touch of a button, breaks down easy enough and cleans like all the others.

The programable clock and timer was easy to set, I didn't even have to get my kid to do it.

The pot has issues. It stains that yellow almost over night and soaking doesn't even remove it. Again to be expected from fresh ground I guess. Pouring water into the well without the water running down the pot, and on to the counter is impossible. At least for the three adults in the house, so it's not just me!

Over all it's quick, even ginding the beans, and makes a great cup of coffee.

Takes a bit to get use to.

• Brew Performance:

Good coffee if you don't mind the mess and clean up.

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

We are on our second Cuisinart Grind and Brew because our first one randomly up and quit on us. The second one has been equally challenging to clean. It seems to take up too much time in the morning and at the end of the day. At first (five years ago) I didn't mind it because it was a fun novelty, the coffee was good, and it seemed worth the extra effort. Now I just don't know if all the extra work is justifiable. The bean grinder is a bear to clean. Regardless if you use the grinder or not, you have to clean it every single time because of the way the moisture rises during brewing. The pour spout is erratic at best. After each cup pour, you have to wipe down your counter space-more waisted morning time. I'm glad this Cuisinart was a wedding present because it's way too much money to spend on your daily cup of joe. Overall, the coffee is good, but it is just not worth the time and aggravation. You can get more for less with Cuisinart or other brand coffee makers.

This Cuisinart Coffee Maker isn't for the weak.

from MISSOULA, MT

Comments about Cuisinart Grind & Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker:

Upon first glance, the Cuisinart 10-cup coffee maker is stylish and compact for its type. This beautiful machine will grind the beans fresh for a luxurious cup of coffee. However, if you are using regular grounds it is a bit more tricky and can be quite irritating to function this machine, especially in the early morning. It is programmable and that seems easy enough. I found however, that the pot itself is a leaker. The seals aren't as well made as the rest of the machine lending to a drippy morning. This sweet machine assumes you always want to grind beans, so unless you remember to tell it don't grind...you will have a huge mess. Warning: do not let company or guests operate this machine, they will inevitably put grinds where the beans should go and it ain't espresso, baby. Big time mess. I think this coffee maker could be easier to operate, but Cuisinart is a sturdy machine, that is worth noting.