Other Toasters:

Cuisinart Compact 4-Slice Toaster

Pros

Cons

• Toasting Evenness:

Cuisinart Compact 4-Slice Toaster is amazing & delightful.

Cuisinart Compact 4-Slice Toaster is amazing and "Oh, so delightful". I couldn't fit that into the title, even though I really wanted to. I really, really like this toaster. I wanted to give it "5 stars". I couldn't because, once in awhile, this toaster toasts unevenly and it can sometimes burn your bread. Despite that, this toaster works pretty great. Whenever I use it my toasts comes out "crisp and toasty". I love the way the bread, waffles etc. that I might put in it comes out as well. I love the different settings because they are super simple. I like the number system they have as well for telling the toaster how long to toast. For example, "level 1-9". You don't want to use "9" too often, or you'll burn your toast. It also has "bagel and defrost" features too, which makes this toaster all the more awesome. I think this toaster is "super cute and stylish". The one I've tried comes in a brilliant "black" color. I think it looks a little space-aged as well. The size of it is perfect because it's not too big and it's not too small. The price is fair as well, especially if you can get it on sale. I'd have to give "Cuisinart Compact 4-Slice Toaster" an "8" on a scale of "1-10", if I were to rate it. Try it, you just might like it a lot.

Cuisinart Compact 4-Slice Toaster is a nice size, but average

I've had my Cuisinart compact 4-slice toaster for a few years and it's still working well. I like that it has 2 knobs with infinite levels rather than finite levels. The toaster never burns my bread and even at a level of 2 out of 6, my bread is already pretty well toasted. There are 3 buttons for bagels, defrost and reheat, none of which I've ever used, but I'm sure they could be useful, esp if you eat bagels a lot. The two crumb trays at the bottom slide out really easily to clean out crumbs. The only difficulty I've had with the toaster, which would probably be an issue with most toasters, is when I'm toasting garlic bread (the kind with the whole cloves of garlic embedded in the loaf). Sometimes the pieces of garlic get stuck in the grates and if I don't notice, the pieces will burn the next time I toast something and stink up the kitchen.

Great Toaster

Comments about Cuisinart Compact 4-Slice Toaster:

I love the ability to toast two sets of bread at once. It is nice if I want to eat toast and my daughter wants a bagel. It toasts both items to the correct temperature setting. The toaster is twice the size of a regular toaster, so be prepared for the counter space. However, it is well worth it particularly when we have company and need to toast buns or bread at once.

• Toasting Evenness:

Works well but very hard to clean!

from Dunnellon, FL

Comments about Cuisinart Compact 4-Slice Toaster:

We have had many many toasters over the years but this in in particular is VERY hard to clean! The bread that falls off inside sticks to the inside metal things and sticks so bad that I have to scrape it off with a butter knife and even that sometimes does not always work. It is very annoying and time consuming but the toast does toast evenly and it is overall a good toaster. It is also nice to have have the 4 slice slots since we have a lot of people in the family who love their toast so it saves times being able to make double batches of toast at one time. Cuisinart itself has very nice products and I can't blame the bread sticking to the toaster on the quality because the quality itself is very nice. I recommend this toaster despite that issue and just based on the brand and the price alone which is a nice deal and we have had this one for about 7 months now and still going strong.

Don't waste your money.

Comments about Cuisinart Compact 4-Slice Toaster:

I should have known better. I've never had a good experience with Cuisinart. And this toaster is no exception. All I want is a 4 slice toaster that evenly toasts BOTH sides of the slice. This one doesn't. One side is toasted while the other side of the slice is white. I wouldn't recommend this toaster.

• Toasting Evenness:

Wonderful toaster that does its job quite well

Comments about Cuisinart Compact 4-Slice Toaster:

First of all, I am so glad that I finally got a four slice toaster. I have been using two slice toasters all my life in order to toaste four slices. So I have wasted quite a lot of time all these years. Now that I have finally gotten a four slice toaster, I believe I made a great decision by choosing Cuisinart's Compact toaster. I do not know much about what makes a toaster good or bad or average, but this toaster is great for toasting bread, garlic bread, BAGELS, waffles, and whatever else you might want to toast.
Though it's kind of expensive, I think buying this toaster is definitely worth it, because it seems like a pretty durable toaster, although I'll have to wait and see whether that is actually true or not.

It's a toaster... :)

from Summerville, SC

Comments about Cuisinart Compact 4-Slice Toaster:

It's a toaster and toasts well. :) My only complain is that it took several tries to get the controls set to the setting that we wanted for the "optimal" toasted bread and bagels. lol If you're looking for an affordable 4 slice toaster, this is a great choice.

Toasting Evenness
Once you get the settings where you want them.

Safety
No concerns about safety. Not too hot to the touch.

It has the crumb trays, but they're kind of a pain.

Seems to be well made.

Design is subjective, but I like it.

Convenience for Morning Breakfast

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Cuisinart Compact 4-Slice Toaster:

This is great if you have a family bigger than two--makes toasting for the family a snap! I love that you can change the setting for each side to accomodate different tastes. The only issue I have is that the right side tends to pop up with a bit too much force. Startling at first, but not a big problem.

very even

Safety
a bit forceful in the pop up

Haven't done this yet :)

very sturdy

simple but nice

• Toasting Evenness:

Great toaster that doesn't take up a lot of room!

Comments about Cuisinart Compact 4-Slice Toaster:

I love this toaster. It toast quickly and evenly. Unlike other toasters I have had in the past this is the only one that I haven't had to manually stop the toasting process eventually.The only toaster that seems to make pop tarts perfect!

Good Toaster

Comments about Cuisinart Compact 4-Slice Toaster:

In general, I'm very satisfied with this toaster. Being able to make 4 slices of toast or heat up two english muffins at a time is very helpful. Easy to use and intuitively designed. I have had an issue where the panel on the right front describing the buttons falls off and needs to be pushed back on. Not major, but it does keep me from giving 5 stars.

Safety
The crumb trays are in the back - remember to empty after every use.

Watch the dial

from Libertyville, IL

Comments about Cuisinart Compact 4-Slice Toaster:

The 4-slice option is very nice, especially if you need to feed many people at once. My only recommendation would be to watch the toaster dial. It cooks the toast very unevenly and will often burn it quickly if you aren't keeping an eye on it.

• Toasting Evenness:

Great for large families!

from Cullman, AL

Comments about Cuisinart Compact 4-Slice Toaster:

We use this most every day for toast, bagels, and such! The extra wide slots allow for chunky bagels and longer slices of bread. Purchased for my family of 9 and it has served us well for a full year now.

Toasting Evenness
Dial allows you to adjust for each person's taste.

No concerns at all.

My children can even clean this one!

Been using ours for a year now and it works like new!

Looks nice sitting out on the counter!