Other Coffee Makers:

Cuisinart Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

Hard to Fill with water

This is my  third Coffee on Demand Coffee Maker.  My first one broke after a few months ..(coffee release lever stopped working) and was replaced free of charge.  After a year, the same thing happened but it was out of warrenty, so I bought a new one.

Coffee Maker makes good coffee and I love the no carafe feature.  However, it has a top fill and is hard to get the water in the proper place to keep it from leaking.  Everytime I fill it, I have a major leak.

There is a two hour and four hour shut-off timer, side view panel showing water level, gauge showing coffee level (although it's not exact) and adjustable knob for number of cups of coffee being brewed.

I do like this coffee maker.  Being able to fill different size cups from the pull-down lever is nice although overly tall cups don't fit.  The machine looks nice on the counter and is easy to clean both inside and out.  There is also a replaceable water filter inside the water container.

Except for the leaking when filling, I would rank this coffee maker 90% positive.  If the problem would be fixed, it would be 100%.

Cusinart 12 cup Coffee on Demand

Loved it for the first 2 months.  Unfortunately this coffee pot, stands in line with

the rest of the coffee pots that Cusinart develops, it all of a sudden just...Read complete review

the rest of the coffee pots that Cusinart develops, it all of a sudden just started to leak.

I quite honestly don't understand how they can continue to make this pots and for the

market to be ok with the "flaw" that Cusinart knows that it has.   I have had two different

coffee makers (one which I exchanged for another thinking it was not a common occurence)

both started leaking and causing coffee to run all over my counters as it is brewing.

I enjoyed the concept but that's about it.    I will never buy another Cusinart

Coffee Maker again.  Cusinart should really step up to the plate and figure it out, and quit

selling faulty product.  They seem to not really care about the consumer, just the buck.

Shame on you Cusinart..............

Best Coffee Maker Ever

Comments about Cuisinart Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Very easy and durable coffee maker to use. With the nice modern looks, and very easy removable and cleanable parts, it is the most bang for your buck.

Brew Performance
Very fast and efficient. Have been through many coffee makers, and this is the first that i have bought that doesn't get any nasty coffee grinds near the end of the batch. Doesn't burn the coffee when you keep it on. I use eight o clock coffee brand.

Comes with a permanent Filter. Spray all Three components off and wipe the bottom of the top lid with a paper towel after use. Even after keeping it on, there is no part that gets burnt, everything sprays away or wipes away clean.

Put the desired amount of ground coffee in and add water. You can program your settings, after the first use you pretty much just press a button, besides adding the water and coffee grinds, set up your coffee maker and your good to go.

Looks very modern. Love the stainless steal look. Looks well in any kitchen, especially if you have other stainless steel products. Has a nice convenient dial on the front, telling you approximitaly how much coffee you have left. Very accurate as well.

Have no had a problem with it since i bought it, neither has the production of the coffee downgraded. All the removable, cleanable parts are still in the same shape as when i bought it, although i do clean it everytime i use it.

• Brew Performance:

This coffee maker is fabulous!

from King George, VA

Comments about Cuisinart Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Super fast and no carafe to deal with.

Brew Performance
This coffee maker brews incredibly quick. You can also get your coffee before it is finished which is a huge perk for me.

The insert comes out and makes it easy to clean.

Super easy

I love that you can just put your coffee cup under and press the lever. You can also remove the drip tray temporarily if you have a taller coffee mug or you are filling a travel mug.

I have had my Cuisinart for 4 years now and haven't had any issues with any of the systems.

• Brew Performance:

Convenient for when you want to have your coffee over the day

Comments about Cuisinart Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I used to work from home, and this coffee maker was my trusty companion. The awesome design where the coffee is held inside in a warm container keeps the coffee warm without burning it like a standard heated carafe does. I would make a pot in the morning and drink it over the course of the morning. Whenever I wanted a cup, one was available.

The programming functions were easy to understand. Setting the coffee maker to start in the morning, a bit before I woke up, ensured that I would start my day with a smile.

I did spend a little extra and bought a reusable gold filter, which allowed me to save money on paper filters.

Another plus for the internal container was that the coffee was available as soon as enough was ready; I didn't have to wait for the pot to fill up.

Brew Performance
I don't know if the coffee was brewed more quickly than with a traditional coffee maker, but it seemed like it, since I could fill my cup as the coffee was brewed.

Cleaning was very easy. The different part of the brewing mechanism came out and could be run under water.

I appreciated that the bottom grate was removable. This way, I could fit a taller, travel mug under the spout.

I used this for a couple years, and it never broke.

• Brew Performance:

It is a good coffee maker that is fast

from Kalamazoo, MI

Comments about Cuisinart Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I received this as a birthday present from my daughter. I love the coffee that comes from it but for one thing. If you only want two cups the coffee tastes not as good as when you make 12 cups. It is definitely for a person or persons that drink more than two or three cups a day.

I love that it is programmable. That was a major selling point for me as my daughter knew. Plus it has an automatic turn off that you can set. Another good point.

Another reviewer stated that you could have fresh coffee all day. I tried making a pot of coffee to use all day (had family over) and it started tasting old and burnt in about 5 hours.

It does brew quickly, not as quickly as say a Bunn, but it does it well. Cleaning is done quickly and easily. There is a bucket and reusable coffee filter that you take out and wash.

My only dislike of the design is where you put the water can cause you too spill. It is in the back portion of the coffee maker and I resolved that issue by using a funnel. Other than that it is a good coffee maker.

Great All in One Coffee Maker

from Henderson, NC

Comments about Cuisinart Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I just purchased one of these coffee makers about 3 months ago and I absolutely LOVE it. The coffee brews about half the time of a drip coffee maker. It can be programmed to stay on for 4 hours after it is finished and still stays fresh! Even after the pot turns off, it stays hot for about an hour longer. It is simple to use and to clean.. The best money I have ever spent on a coffee maker. If it ever has to be replaced, I will make sure that it is replaced with the same. It is diffidently worth the money it cost. Even though I do not program the coffee maker at night a I wake up at different times in the morning, I get it ready at night and within minutes our coffee is ready for the first cup that we coffee drinkers need. I would highly recommend this coffee pot to anyone! Thinking of buying my daughter one for Christmas.. The only thing that I could say negative is that a tall travel mug will not fit under the dispenser. No big deal to me, just dispense into my morning mug and then into the travel one..

Brew Performance
Brews quickly.. Nice chime to let you know it is ready..

Has it on program to clean..

Everything you need is right there inside the coffee maker.. even a reusable filter.

Love the design, only drawback is that a tall travel cup will not fit under the dispenser.

• Brew Performance:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Cuisinart Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

The Cuisinart Coffee on Demand Model DCC-2000 is a very good coffee maker. Brewed coffee has a very good taste because the coffee does not evaporate when being made, only when pouring a cup on the tray. There is a LED light above the tray so it allows you to see where you are pouring.The con is the design that is not great for cleaning or adding water. Overall, I would recommend it for it's taste.

Cuisinart Coffee On Demand really delivers a great cup of coffee

from In Upstate, NY

Comments about Cuisinart Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I purchased this about a month ago for several reasons. I have a Keurig, but I find that it is much too expensive to serve K-cups when we have a lot of company. Also, it takes too much time with the Keurig for all our guests to have coffee together, when we have a lot of guests at once. By the time the last person makes his/her coffee, the first person is done! So, I decided to buy a coffee pot that could serve all our guests at once but still keep the coffee fresh and hot. I saw this for 75% off and that enticed me to choose it! I have only had this a month, as I stated, but, so far, I love it! It is very nice to be able to purchase regular coffee again, which is less expensive than the K-cups. The coffee ,honestly, stays hot and fresh,even after 4 hours. It can be programmed, which is very simple to do. It is attractive on the counter-top. It comes with a gold filter so that one does not have to buy paper ones. I am so glad that I bought it, and I do hope that it continues to work well. I have read some reviews that stated that it just stopped working for some people after about a year. I hope that is not the case for me, but if it does, at least I bought it for 75% off. I am keeping and still using my Keurig which my daughters use daily. They are on different schedules and the Keurig works best for them. Of course, the Keurig offers hot chocolate, cider, and teas as well. However, the Cuisinart Coffee On Demand definitely works better when we have a lot of company!

• Brew Performance:

good coffee without the burn taste after a couple hours

from Tunnel Hill, GA

Comments about Cuisinart Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I love this coffee maker.

Brew Performance
The coffee stays fresh tasting, and hot.

It isn't the easiest to clean, but worth the effort to do it right to keep your coffee fresh tasting.

Just put water in the tank and coffee to the filter basket and turn on.

Slides under my cabinets and is easy to slide out to fill with water.

This coffee maker has lasted longer than any other brand I have bought in the past.

Cuisinart Coffee Maker

from Duluth, GA

Comments about Cuisinart Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

The Cuisinart Programmable Coffee Maker is an awesome product which keeps the coffee fresh and hot all day long. One of the best things about this coffee maker is that it is programmable. You can set it the night before and have the coffee brewing as a wake up call the next morning! How awesome is that? The unit holds the coffee hot all day long and can make up to 12 cups at a time. The inside part that holds the coffee can be put in the dishwasher for easy washing and cleanup. It holds the standard size coffee filters so, it works well to hold the coffee grounds in place, so no remnants leak into the freshly brewed coffee. My favorite part of this coffee unit is that there is no glass pot to break!

• Brew Performance:

With the Cuisinart Coffee on Demand, no more carafe to pick up.

from Colona, IL

Comments about Cuisinart Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

The Cuisinart Coffe on Demand has changed my life. Injuries that have left life long damages have made it a very painful task to pick up a full carafe and pour myself a cup of coffe. But with this coffee maker that is no longer a problem. Yes it's a little bigger than most but the perks are worth it for me. The coffee stays hot and it automatically shuts off after a set time. You can change that. It's programable so it's ready when you wake up. And I love using the gold reusable filter. I think it makes a better cup of coffee. You can also put a water filter in it if you chose. It does comes with one when you originally buy it but those aren't in my budget right now to replace. It's a pricey coffee maker but it comes with a 3 year warrenty. Just run vinegar water mixture through to clean at least once a month. I had another brand like this one but alot cheaper. When the first one died, the company replaced at no charge. Then when it died, I bought another. Then when it died I decided it was time to try something new. I found the Cuisinart and decided to spend the extra money. That was 3 years ago. I'm very ahppy I did.

My only beef is, after running the vinegar/water through, you need to run plain water through a couple of times to rinse. It's easy to do but takes time.

Wish they could make this so it doesn't take up so much space on the counter.