3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Great for small spaces

It's a cute little mixer. I hardly use mine any more as most of the time I find it easier to use my stand mixer instead as this little guys doesn't pack too much of a punch. Although having two beaters is helpful when having two kids to lick them after you've made frosting. If you live in a small space or don't cook or bake anything terribly complicated, it's a good product. If you love to bake, I'd get a stand mixer with multiple beater options and spend the money on that and skip this little guy.

Blending Power
It does the job it's supposed to do.

Versatility
I've used this product for making mashed potatoes and icing mostly. I really can't think of anything else I've ever used it for. I do prefer mixers that can handle a lot more like cookie dough without making the bowl go spinning.

Beaters pop off, easy to clean.

It's easy to use, I just don't like the fact that if you're dealing with a stiffer dough or whatever, you have to hold the bowl with one hand and the mixer with the other. Kind of awkward at times.

So far so good, but I don't use mine very often.

7 Speeds But Too Flimsy For Hard Core Food Prep

I received this mixer a couple of years ago as a Christmas present; I was stoked that it had seven speeds to it and hoped that it would be something that I could use to break down boiled potatoes to make mashed potatoes, blend pudding, make royal icing and cake frosting as well as mixing cake batter.

This is something that I would recommend to those who are casual bakers and cooks. If you use your hand held mixer a couple times a week then this might be something that will last several years but if you use it every day then there's a good chance that it's going to develop cracks in the side of the box or the beaters are going to fall out of their slots while the mixer is on.

Most of the other mixers that I have had have had thick beaters; the two that come with this are more like a whisk than a beater that you would use for blending and combining. To most people that won't be a big deal but if you are looking for something that is going to have a solid design that is going to force ingredients together, you might be a little disappointed with how this performs.

This isn't what I would consider light weight for a hand held mixer. It's a little over three pounds so if you need to use it to mix several things or are doing batches of cake mix or frosting there's a good chance your hands or arms are going to get tired. I'd recommend this to people who don't need a stand mixer or are casual cooks but if you need one of these more than a couple times a week look for something with thicker beaters.

7 Speeds But Too Flimsy For Hard Core Food Prep

from Pittsburgh, PA

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean

Cons

• Not Powerful

• Cooking

Designed well!

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Cuisinart CHM-7 7-Speed Handheld Blender:

I'm overjoyed with this little hand mixer, but I should explain that before buying it (just this past Black Friday with deep discounts, I might add!), I was mixing my cookie and cupcake batters with my own arm - unless, of course, my boyfriend was around - then I'd make him tire out his! I suppose it's not saying a lot that this hand mixer is way better than mixing by hand, but that's not the end of the story. It is well designed in that it has generous cable that swivels so that you don't get caught up with it, which I think was quite genius. Also, it's design is such that it's little propeller looking motor stays away and out of the food, making it much easier to clean. Two more things I really like are that the mixing arms are dishwasher safe, but also shaped in a way that reduces the amount that can get stuck. Last, it comes with an accompanying silicone spatula, which I was super psyched to find being that I was coincidentally in need of a new one!

Messy! Messy! Meesy!

from Merced, CA

Comments about Cuisinart CHM-7 7-Speed Handheld Blender:

When I bought the Cuisinart seven-speed handheld blender, it seemed like a smart purchase at the time. However, I have regretted this purchase ever since. For starters, the higher speed settings create such a splash and mess that they are practically useless and really not worth the time and trouble cleaning up afterwards. The lower speed settings are sometimes too low to get the job done. For people with arthritis and/or carpal tunnel kind of health issues, this blender is quite a monster to be tamed by hand! Also, if you are new to this handheld blender, be sure to clean up the rotating blades immediately after use. If food sits on these blades and gets dried and stuck on, a regular wash cycle through a dishwasher is not enough to clean them. More than one I have had to scrape the blades with a bottle brush after they came out of the dishwasher. I would recommend this product only to someone with lots of energy and even more time on their hands to clean up after their blender!

Fast and Lightweight

Comments about Cuisinart CHM-7 7-Speed Handheld Blender:

The beaters are an unusual style. Which I don't know if that makes a difference, but it seems to make my food even better.

Blending Power
Even its low settings are very powerful.

I feel like the unique beaters make it easier to clean them and get everything out of them.

Very lightweight

Works like a charm

Comments about Cuisinart CHM-7 7-Speed Handheld Blender:

If you are a baker like I am, a good mixer is a necessity. This is a good little handheld mixer for the price and size. It doesn't pack a lot of power, but it works well for what you need it for in the kitchen. A lot of people have steered away from using handheld blenders, but I like that you can control where you mix and making sure you get every bit of ingredients mixed together. All in all, pretty good product.

I have only had my blender for about 5 months, and I have read some reviews about having to replace the beaters. I haven't had any problems so far with the beaters. The one thing that I would change is the air intake in the front. If you add ingredients while mixing, any one of those ingredients could fall into or get sucked into the machine.

I have made cakes, puddings, muffins, frosting and more with this blender. It is my lifeline in the kitchen. You would do well with this one.

• Versatility:

Feel the power in your hands!

Comments about Cuisinart CHM-7 7-Speed Handheld Blender:

I bought this to make baking easier. I have tendonitis so doing things by hand can cause a pain flair up. I love the vibration of the mixing. I have used it to make cupcake batter. It left the mix nice and fluffy without any lumping.

I use it also to mix pudding for my kids to put in lunches. Pudding is a tricky texture to mix and it makes it look easy.

Cake mix works the same way as cupcake mix. No problems.

I used it the other day to mix scrambled eggs with seasoning, tomato chunks and cheese. It turned out to be the best omelette ever because the distribution of the ingredients was perfect.

Cookies are the hardest to work with. If you mix too little, then the cookies burn or taste awful. If you mix too much then the cookies turn out to be too cake-like instead of gooey and chewy. This hand blender keeps the chocolate chips intact, but well blended into the batter.

If you're into baking as a hobby, this will make your life easier.

• Versatility:

Amazing purchase I have ever made in cuisinart

Comments about Cuisinart CHM-7 7-Speed Handheld Blender:

This is one of the best purchase that I have ever done in Cuisinart. I got this blender in an amazing deal for a very reasonable price. I have a GE blender, but still I always love to use this one for anything and everything.

It works great for pan cakes, smoothies even some dry mixes or powders that I use for my indian cooking. I usually hate to clean the blenders as the food particles will get struck in between the blades. However for this blender, I just need to show it in running water and the blades are cleaned already. Cleaning is made easy because of the nice finish of the blades.

The Eject button lets you do the cleaning so easily. You don't have to worry about the storage as I usually dismantle the blades and keep them in the drawer itself. It doesnt need a huge storage space in the cabinets like other blenders.

The various levels in the blender makes you decide the consistency.

Great for small spaces

from Richardson, TX

Blending Power
It does the job it's supposed to do.

Versatility

Beaters pop off, easy to clean.

So far so good, but I don't use mine very often.

The cuisinart 7 speed handheld blender is not too speedy

from Simpsonville, SC

Comments about Cuisinart CHM-7 7-Speed Handheld Blender:

I got this handheld blender over christmas break as a gift. I make alot of cakes and I thought this would be nice to use with my cake mixes. I was wrong. The speeds are not at all what they should be. When you push the higher speed, it wants to lag with you in your hand and slip and bop around. At first, I thought the two mixer blades were not in good but after close inspection, neither of them were in good and that was just the way it was made. I tried using this handheld blender for making cookie dough and it had a hard time doing some of the more dense cookie doughs. I wouldnt suggest anyone getting this handheld mixer unless they just want to use it sparingly for small jobs.

Nice for small cooking

Comments about Cuisinart CHM-7 7-Speed Handheld Blender:

I bought this because I hardly bake, but when I do I like to do a good job. This is a basic blender for small cooking that makes my cakes and pancakes turn out soft and smooth. I wouldn't buy it for everyday use as it feels not strong enough for it, but does the job well.

Blending Power
Not the strongest, only for basic stuff

It's good

Very easy, as the small parts comes off and not much little buttons to clean after the mess

Very easy to use as it's very basic, too