Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:

Cuisinart 3.5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker

Pros

Cons

Perfectly Small Programmable Slow Cooker

I have been looking for a small, programmable slow cooker for quite some time. Being that I am cooking usually for 1-3 people, buying a large crock pot didn't seem practical. I received the Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker as a gift, and it has been a life saver for cooking! It features a digital timer which allows you to set it at Simmer, Low, or High for 24 hours. After the cooking time is completed, the crock pot automatically switches the temp to warm, before switching itself to "off" after 8 additional hours. The Cuisinart PSC-350 has never over cooked my food, and I really haven't had any problems with it. The stainless steal exterior is beautiful, and it feels like it is built very solid. However it does take up some storage space, even though it's a 3.5 qt. Overall, I have been very pleased with this slow cooker and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a small, yet programmable slow cooker.

It's fine

This thing works as advertised. We have used it for many dishes. Stews, soups, sauces, roasts, etc. It is very easy to use. Put the food in, put the lid on, turn it on, leave it for 10 hours, come back, turn it off, take the lid off, eat the food. It's pretty easy to clean - soak it for a while and then scrub it out. I don't think it works any better or worse than any other crock pot I've ever owned. They all basically do the same thing, so I think a less expensive model would also work fine. But I don't have any specific complaints about this crock pot. Like I said, it's fine and does everything you want it to do. There is a timer function which is completely unnecessary for me but which might help you out if you have to be somewhere else and want it to turn off at a set time. None of my crock pot recipes are so precise that I need it to shut off at a certain time. I have recently started just using the stovetop or the oven instead of the crockpot, and that works just as well. It's not really a necessary kitchen tool, and it takes up a fair amount of storage space, but this model works fine.

Excellant product!

Comments about Cuisinart 3.5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

I purchased this slow cooker one month ago and have used it several times. It is by far the best slow cooker I have owned. The 3.5 is the perfect size for the 2 of us, plus left overs. The function that sold me this cooker it has 4 heat settings - simmer, low, high and warm.

removal crock is very easy to clean

Stainless Steel exterior matches my kitchen

I have only had it a month but have no reson to believe it will last a while.

Cuisinart slow cooker

Comments about Cuisinart 3.5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

This has been one of the best purchases my husband I have bought so far. With both of us working full time jobs in the city, the last thing we want to do is come home to spend time gathering ingredients for a meal then sitting over it to make sure nothing burns. With this slow cooker we are able to throw meals or any size into the pot and not have to worry. It is a medium size pot so if you are looking to put the average roast or chicken then you will not have a single issue. On the other hand, if you may need to cook more than one meat at a time this may not work. So for a small to average size family I would say this slow cooker is the one for you but if you are typically cooking for parties or large crowds then you may need to go with the double pot cooker. Now lets get to the matter of timing. I have had croc pots before that would only have hour increments of time. What I love most about this is the fact that not all meals fall on that perfect hour mark so you am either add that extra 30 minutes and allow it to stay cool after or even stop it short if that extra 30 that may overbook your meal. It is also a cinch to clean. Just take the pot out and clean the ceramic bowl. We have not had an issue with cleaning yet. I think it is even dishwasher safe.

best I've used

Comments about Cuisinart 3.5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

Heats evenly, doesn't scorch food. Warm really means warm, not simmer

Time to Heat
it heats fast, but not so fast as to burn

Cooking Performance
cooks evenly, maintains a steady temp. Doesn't scorch on the bottom, and keeps food warm instead of simmering it when I set it to the lowest setting. It does tend to stick right around where the heating element is, but it never leaves the food tasting burnt.

it does stick sometimes, but a short soak seems to be all it takes to get food unstuck from the bottom. It isn't immersible, so it's a little hard to keep the outside clean, but that's pretty typical of most slow cookers.

plug in, turn on! A little heavy if you want to pour something out of it instead of spooning it.. like soup into a serving bowl.

easy to access switch, cord. easy to wipe off the exterior. Good looking, blends with most kitchens

better than others! doesn't crack or age. I have dropped mine twice, and it still works fin. Landed in a sink full of water, I let it dry for about three days, no ill effects.

great slow cooker

from Hartman, AR

Comments about Cuisinart 3.5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

This Cuisinart 3.5 quart programmable slower cooker is great for cooking anything you want. Easy to use, easy to program. You can cook anything in this slow cooker that you cook in any other slow cooker. It will make your roast taste like you have been hard at work cooking it all day long. the touch pad is easy to use. It has a 24 hour count down Lcd timer. It has four cooking modes. High, low, warm and simmer. You can put it on warm to keep food warm until you are ready to eat after you have cooked it. So easy to program you will want to use this everyday. They inside is removable so it's easy to store food and clean.

Cooking Performance
It cooks anything you can cook in a slow cooker.

So easy to clean the ceramic pot lifts out so you can clean it very easily.

So easy to use, you will want to cook in it all the time.

It is designed to stay put on the counter, it has non slip rubber feet and the handles will stay cool. So you can touch the handles to move it or hold to get the food out.

This will last for years.

• Cooking Performance:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Ambridge, PA

Comments about Cuisinart 3.5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

I wasn't actively looking for a new slow cooker, but when I spotted this on a sale shelf I had to buy it. Finally, I own a slow cooker with a timer function. My favorite feature is that I can set this to cook for a specific number of hours at low or high heat. At the end of this time, the unit switches to keep the food warm. I have owned many crockpots, but this is by far the best. If I had to replace it, I wouldn't hesitate to pay full price.

Cooking Performance
This cooked my food perfectly. One thing I haven't liked about using my slow cookers is that it seemed like all meat tasted the same. No so with this unit. I don't know why, perhaps because the warm hold feature keeps the food from overcooking to mush.

Crock is separate from the heating unit, so it is simple to pull out and wash. Washed up easily, cooked on food came right off.

Push the button for temp, set the number of hours to cook and you are done. Love this!

With the black crock and stainless steel finish, this looks great in my kitchen. I love the clear top, and the oval design makes it easy to cooks whole chicken or a nice roast.

I expect this to last a long time. It seems to be a solid appliance.

Maybe I got a lemon...

from Auburn, WA

Comments about Cuisinart 3.5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

I'm not really a fan. Pretty much every single recipe I put in my crock pot turns to mush and uneven cooking. It seems like even when I follow the directions to a "T" my meat gets burned and stuck to one edge (maybe there's an uneven heating coil?) while the rest of the meat is a little on the tough side, since I had to take it out early. On the rare occasion that I leave the meat in for the complete time duration, it has actually burnt.

• Cooking Performance:

Reliable and so easy to use and clean

Comments about Cuisinart 3.5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

I love this slow cooker and use it about once a week because it is so well performing. I enjoy putting the meats/veggies in, setting it for the desired heat and time, and POW it's all done and I've barely made any mess and the food comes out mouthwatering!

Time to Heat
I can set it on low and feel the heat coming off of it in literally a minute or so.

Cooking Performance
I've always had meats cooked thoroughly without being dry- the warming setting after it is done cooking is great for this too!

You literally put the "pot" out and rinse it with soap and water- so easy.

I can trust my niece to set the timer for me, it is that easy. You select the heat level, plug in the time and it is set.

Very sleek metal outside is nice in the kitchen, however the sides do get very warm so be careful of grazing it or of little hands that may grab it.

I use this weekly and have never had an issue in the 2 years that I have owned it.

Awesome

from Winston Salem, NC

Comments about Cuisinart 3.5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

I had been given lots of crock pots over the years and never used them but I finally learned to cook and I went out and bought this one by cuisinart and it is wonderful!! You basically just prepare everything you want to include in the pot and throw it in there with some chicken or beef stock and set the temperature and it makes the meal for you and everything turns out delicious!!! Even if you are clueless about cooking a crockpot will turn you in to a great cook! The best thing is the meals you can prepare are healthy and wholesome. Clean-up is very simple and very easy. The only complaint that I have about the product is the size of it, I have a small kitchen and it takes up alot of space on my countertops.

Cuisinart Slow Cooker, a cute little piece of heaven!

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Cuisinart 3.5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

This little crockpot is truly a must have for every kitchen. I could actually justify buying a few. But that is just me :)

Slow cooking is great for all busy families, busy newlymarrieds, and budget conscious people, too. You just throw it in in the morning and it cooks until you get home. You can leave it running without worry because the low and slow concept. It's not like leaving a burner on all night or while you are gone (eek).

There are so many things you can actually do with a slow cooker. I know frugal families who do nothing but slow cook and save so much money and eat healthy. It cooks veggies and meats so well. I would recommend getting a slow cooker cook book for this to truly be able to appreciate what the slow cooker can do.

todays crockpot

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Cuisinart 3.5-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker:

All i can say is that this crockpot is the perfect one for my family. In todays world there is so much going on that to have your dinner ready when you get home is perfect. Definitly would suggest purchasing.