3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Toasting Evenness:

This toaster works great & is real durable.

Our Cuisinart CPT-120 Toaster was able to make it thorugh our house fire in the same great working order it was in before the fire. It has been almost 3 years since the fire happen but have never had any problems with this toaster. It still gives a nice even toast even though we thought to get rid of it because we did know if it had water damage but it is safe to say it had none because it still works fine all this time later. I usually only put bread in it but it works good on english muffins, bagels, and pop tarts as well. If this this ever does break I would want to get another just like it. Hey it survived a fire and three teenagers using it so it is worth buying again in my book. Now if I only could use it to toast habaneros which I did try once but it did not work out well and luckily did no damage to the toaster, don't tell the wife she does not know I did this, honey if you re4ad this I am sorry there was no fire involved and there was no lingering habanero flavor.

Nice for the price

Just bought this toaster to replace our old one that finally gave out. Chose the 2 slice because we wanted it to take up less room on the counter than did our old 4 slice. Choose the white color to match other appliances in kitchen. Overall, we're pretty happy with the product, but I do think that we expected a little more from Cuisinart in evenly toasting bread. I like the varied settings that are available on this toaster. It has everything from bagels to plain toast. The slots are extra wide so I have no problem making most things I want to toast fit just fine. It also has a neat device that lets you raise the item being toasted higher when toasting cycle is completed so that you can remove item without getting burned. This toaster is easy to clean as the crumb tray is simple to remove. It appears to be very durable as I haven't broken any thing on it as yet. A feature that we found a little confusing at the beginning was that unless the toaster is plugged in, it will not do anything. I mean, the lever won't even stay down. One thing that we're not crazy about is that sometimes the item being toasted will be darker/lighter on one side than on the other. It also doesn't do a fantastic job when toasting one piece of toast.

It works but not as well as it should.

Comments about Cuisinart 2-Slice Toaster:

I bought this toaster on amazon and I figured that any toaster would be fine, but this one sucks. The slots are too small to fit a bagel without smushing it as flat as possible. Also, the part of the toaster that lifts the toast and such up and down is only a very thin bar, so every piece of toast, poptart, toaster strudel, toaster waffle, and other thinner toastables slip underneath the thin bar and get jammed in the toaster. Another problem with the toaster is that the toasting levels go from zero to seven, when on two, the toast barely gets toasted if at all, and if I turn it up half a number to two and a half then the toast is burnt. It is very touchy and sensitive every time and if you don't stand there and watch what ever you are toasting it will most likely get burnt. So all in all, if you are looking for just a cheap toaster that you don't mind watching every second of usage, then this toaster is fine. It toasts and that is what it is meant to do, but it could work a lot better.

• Toasting Evenness:

Great, and does what it's supposed to.

Comments about Cuisinart 2-Slice Toaster:

Gets the job done, but toasting can be a little uneven. I use it for bagels and they taste great, never burned, just like I like them. I use the bagel button mostly, and this does a great job of toasting only the inside of the bagel so that the flavor is great.

Toasting Evenness
Can be uneven, but not too bad. Mostly on bagels, the bagel is uneven so some parts are closer to the heating element than others. This is kind of unavoidable.

Safety
Cool to the touch, never smokes or catches on fire. Easy to reach cancel button, just in case.

Nice crumb tray, though crumbs sometimes get stuck in the metal grates inside and need to be fished or shaken out.

No problems yet, seems durable. However, I've only had it for a couple of months. We'll see how it holds up.

Easy to use and looks great on my counter. I love the white color and the compact shape. Takes up very little space and leaves plenty of room for other appliances. Especially important since my counter space is limited.

trusty little toaster!

Comments about Cuisinart 2-Slice Toaster:

This has been a great little toaster! The first toaster when we got married didn't last long, maybe a few years. We got this one about 4-5 years ago for a Christmas gift. It has been great. It toasts as promised and is quite powerful. We keep it at the lowest setting most of the time and it does the job well. Crumb tray for easy clean up, but that is typical on most. Also use the bagel setting frequently for bagels and english muffins. It is small for on the counter or to put away in cabinet when not in use. We use it freqently for toast, bagels and english muffins. No complaints here, I think lasts longer than most toasters.

Toasting Evenness
Even yes. Easy to over toast or burn, have to keep on level one or two. Bagel setting allows it to toast more on one side over the other.

pull out tray, which is common in most. Easy to wipe down. Don't have to worry about fingerprints since it isn't stainless steel.

Has lasted longer than most toasters I've had/used over the years

basic/simple design

Nice for the price

from Medon, TN

• Toasting Evenness:

Works great for a year only.

Comments about Cuisinart 2-Slice Toaster:

I've had two of these and both crapped out after a little more than a year of use. With only two people in my family, they were not overused. The center heating element died in both of them, so the toast was only toasted on one side. I will never buy one of these again! I'm out today looking for another brand.

Toasting Evenness
Only one side toasts. My frozen waffle was soggy on one side and toasted hard on the other.

difficult to clean out the crumbs on the bottom

Last a little more than a year only

It's small and doesn't take up much space

• Toasting Evenness:

It's one hearty little toaster

from Madison, WI

Comments about Cuisinart 2-Slice Toaster:

I purchased this toaster during the day after Thanksgiving sales, mainly because they come in a bright orange color which matches my kitchen coloring. This toaster is very sturdy, has nice shelf appeal, and performs all the functions of a toaster I would like. I also enjoy that it cooks things rather evenly, which was lacking in my previous toaster (it would have one dark patch in the middle, and cold on the outsides). I haven't tried all of the functions, but the bagel one works well for both bagels, and toaster strudels. I enjoy the dial that has a number display because I can memorize which number works well for what I'm trying to toast.

I believe this toaster will last, and any of the additional functions that I try later will just expand on how great it works for me right now.

Toasters are almost always awkward to clean, but the plastic outside makes it easy to wipe off.

The color ranges make this very appealing for multiple kitchens.

simple, well-made toaster

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about Cuisinart 2-Slice Toaster:

I got this toaster a couple of years ago. We were looking for something not too expensive that would do a decent job and that wouldn't fall apart after a year. This toaster definitely meets those requirements. It's simple to use. You put the bread in, select the level of toasting with a dial and then push down the leaver. I usually toast my bread on 4 and it turns out great. After about two and a half years, our toaster is going strong, and we haven't had any problems with it. This toaster doesn't have any special features, but it does a great job toasting bread, bagels, etc. which is all I need from a toaster. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a quality, basic toaster.

Minimalist design, fast toaster

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Cuisinart 2-Slice Toaster:

This Cuisinart CPT-120 Toaster has a minimalist design, which I like. It should look good in most kitchens. It is also lightweight compared to a previous Oster toaster that served us for nearing twenty years before it died. I am hoping for the same longevity with this Cuisinart toaster.

The toaster toasts bread really quickly when compared to my previous Oster toaster. It browns whole grain/whole wheat bread fairly evenly. I use the setting between 2 and 4 generally. When set at 2, the bread gets toasty crisp with no brown. At setting 4, the bread has a nice brown color.

The numbers are not actual LED numbers. It is backlit, so it appears the numbers are LED numbers.

Love it!

from Carol Stream, IL

Comments about Cuisinart 2-Slice Toaster:

I really like this toaster! It a great value for the price you pay. I love the defrost feature it offers too especially since I keep my bread in the freezer most of the time! It does toast slightly uneven but who cares...it's just for at home use not a fancy restaurant!

A nice toaster

Comments about Cuisinart 2-Slice Toaster:

The main reason I like this toaster is because the slots to place the toast in are the widest I have seen. It can even fit entire rolls (depending on the size of course). It has levels that allow you to adjust the toast time but I find that useless. It can be a little erratic at times and burn my toast but overall it is a good product and I would recommend it. Just want to add that the slot underneath that slides out to clean out crumbs is convenient.