Other Toasters:
CPT-70
Cuisinart 2-Slice Classic Chrome Toaster

Cuisinart 2-Slice Classic Chrome Toaster

Great Toaster.

I love my Cuisinart Chrome Classic Toaster, and I don't love too many of my kitchen appliances. But then again, this may just be a long term relationship.

I have had...Read complete review

I have had this toaster for 2+ years and that alone can be pretty rare in "toaster years" especially since it is in use nearly everyday.

This really does have a classic look with its chrome finish and black trim. It will go with any decor in your kitchen.

The slots are roomy enough for larger slices of bread like bagels, while they can still secure a thin slice sandwich bread, cooking either evenly.

Other features of this toaster include a defrost function (love those waffles) and a cancel button. Cancel button? Yes, push it when you would ordinarily be lifting up on the handle to get the toast out early. Speaking of the handle, once the toast pops up, you can gently lift the handle a bit to bring the toast up a little higher, making it much easier to remove (this has come in handy with more than a few of those tiny English muffin slices).

Decent, but broke after 2 years

My husband and I received this toaster as wedding gift. We decided to register for it because it's the toaster my parents own, plus we liked the stainless exterior. It's got a variety of settings, something none of our other toasters had. You have the option of "toasting", "defrosting" and "reheating". As well as having a dial that controls how long your bread toasts for. We simply used the toaster to toast, we never used it to defrost or reheat. In fact, those settings seem a little ridiculous on a toaster. The numbers on the dial that controlled how long your bread toasts for, rubbed off soon after we took it out of the box, so that function never got used, as well. After a couple years of use, it recently stopped working. First, it started toasting only one side of each piece of bread. Toasting took twice as long. Then, a couple days later the entire thing quit working. I'm not too happy about having to replace it only after 2 years of use. I think our next toaster will be a different brand. I won't recommend this to a friend.

Nice Toaster

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Cuisinart 2-Slice Classic Chrome Toaster:

I have had this classic toaster for several years now and I like it alot. It toasts very well and it is adjustable. You can thaw frozen breads in there with the thaw mode and you can toast many different sizes of bread. I like how it is easy to clean with a pull out crumb tray. I also can shine up the exterior with rubbing alcohol. It helps to remove grease and residue if you clean this unit with rubbing alcohol. You can also shine it with used drier sheets. This toaster is easy to adjust for darker toast. I have burned some toast in it, but that was my fault for toasting too long. I like how you can put larger things such as thick bagels and they fit nicely in the toaster. You can also put pan bread in it and it fits well. It matches my kitchen too.

• Safety:
  • Toasting Evenness:

Cuisinart Chrome Classic Toaster - Perfect Toast!

from Royersford, PA

Comments about Cuisinart 2-Slice Classic Chrome Toaster:

My Cuisinart Chrome Classic Toaster came to me after my mom bought it, and then found another one that she liked better. Lucky for me! This toaster makes perfect toast everytime - golden brown, crisp, and delicious - everything toast should be. The wide slots make it easy to toast bagels, which come out at just the right level of toastiness, as well. The crumb tray underneath is easy to empty, making the gross burnt crumbs that get stuck in other toasters a thing of the past. The dial that adjusts the level of toasting works great. One of my favorite features of the Cuisinart Chrome Classic Toaster is that the toast pops up when it's done, just like it should. This toaster is an essential for every kitchen, and will look great in almost every ktichen, too!

A Classic for a Reason

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about Cuisinart 2-Slice Classic Chrome Toaster:

I just love my Cuisinart Chrome Classic Toaster! It might be one of the most used items in our kitchen, so luckily it is attractive to leave it sitting out on the counter because it's too useful to get hidden away in the cupboards. THe Suisinart Chrome Classic Toaster has the classic vintagey look of an old style toaster, but it is completely modern. It has a defrost feature, which is really nice because it first warms the interior of your items before toasting the outside, keeping you from being disappointed by a frozen middle, burnt outside product. The Cuisinart Chrome Classic Toaster also has nice wide slots, which come in handy with today's gigantic bagels and English muffins that are always getting stuck in other toasters. Give this toaster a try, you may never buy another one!

Great little toaster

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Cuisinart 2-Slice Classic Chrome Toaster:

We love our Chrome Cuisinart Classic toaster.  There are a few different settings for the length of time to toast and it’s prefect.  We only adjust it if we are putting in one piece as opposed to one.  The chrome color goes with everything and looks great on our countertop.  As other reviewers have pointed out, you have to keep it clean because fingerprints do show up.  We decided to go with the two-slice version because 4-slice seems like it would take up too much space on our countertop.  I originally had wanted a toaster oven, but we were convinced to get this because we make so much toast and this toasts perfectly.  I am glad we did because the toast turns out really great.  The tray is pretty easy to remove to clean.  I have noticed that some crumbs and pieces do get stuck inside the machine.  It is pretty affordable and we have never had any problems with it working well. The Chrome Cuisinart toaster is a great buy.

This is a great toaster

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Cuisinart 2-Slice Classic Chrome Toaster:

I have had this toaster for almost 3 years and have had no problems.  It is fast and reliable the only complaint that I have is that it does tend to toast one side of the bread a little bit more than the other.  It has many different settings that I use because sometimes I freeze my bread and toasting frozen bread takes a little bit longer than room temperature bread.  It has a cancel button that I use frequently which I like because you dont have to pop the toaster lever up you just hit cancel and it comes right up.  It looks really nice on the counter top left out we never put ours away its not to big or too small just the perfect size.  I dont know what the warranty is on this product because I have never had any problems I have not paid any attention to that detail.  All and all I think this is a very good product if it toasted more evenly I would have giving it 5 stars.  I will recomment this product to any of my friends.

Makes Great Toast!

from Rochester, MN

Comments about Cuisinart 2-Slice Classic Chrome Toaster:

I liked the exterior with of this toaster and it goes with my black, silver, chrome theme in my kitchen. It is a sleek, classic design and looks much nicer than just a typical toaster. I am actually proud to display this toaster in my kitchen. I leave it out on the counter for convienence and it gets used about four or five times a week if not more. The big slots are nice so that if the bread is thicker- it will still fit. I really like the "reheat" button on the toaster. When I step away and my toast is no longer hot, I can hit the reheat button to make it hot but not toast it anymore. It is nice to also have the "cancel" button that I can easily hit to make it stop toasting. The crumb tray is easy to remove and to clean out. It makes good toast and I have not had any problems with it in the past two years I have had it. It's classic look compliments my decor and it also is a quality product.

hate it!

from Leesburg, VA

Comments about Cuisinart 2-Slice Classic Chrome Toaster:

I hate the cuisinart chrome toaster. We have had it for about four years and the toaster does not work anymore! The handle has fallen off so we have to use our hand to pull down the lever. Also, it only toasts one side of the bread so halfway through we have to flip over the bread to toast the other side. I am not happy with it and are getting ready to replace it. I would not by a cuisinart one again. I would like one that has four slots! It is a nice looking toaster that is small so if storage is a problem it would be great for you. The trap that holds the crumbs keeps opening so there are always crumbs on the counter when you are finished using it. I am not happy with the toaster. I would not recommend this toaster. I think that a toaster should last more than four years. It was only used one to two times per week. I would hope that the next toaster we purchase lasts longer and toasts both sides of the bread!

Great Toaster.

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Cuisinart 2-Slice Classic Chrome Toaster:

Good looks, toasts the toast.

from Bellingham, WA

Comments about Cuisinart 2-Slice Classic Chrome Toaster:

Our old toaster was simultaneously setting off the smoke detector and not getting the toast done. Time for a new one! The Cuisinart name got me to buy this one. I like the way it looks, that it has a small footprint, and slots big enough for bagels. I feel I have to turn it to a higher setting than I'd expect to get that toast toasted, but the smoke detector doesn't go off.

Even Toasting, but use lower seetting than you think.

from Oakland, CA

Comments about Cuisinart 2-Slice Classic Chrome Toaster:

Good toaster with wide slots to fit bagels.  Fast even toasting, but I find it toasts darker than my old one, so I have to get used to using lower settings.  But other than that, it does a great job.  Also has a convenient crumb tray to make cleaning easy.