Other Mixers:

Cuisinart 12-Speed Stand Mixer

Pros

Cons

• Mixing Performance:

This is the best stand mixer I have ever used.

I had a Kitchenaid mixer that I had used moderately for over 17 years.  I had never attempted bread as it sometimes labored doing stiff cookie dough.  One day I turned it on and it made a very bad, grinding noise.  Would not mix consistently so decided it was time for a new Kitchenaid.  I truly thought that this would last a lifetime as I had been given good comments about the powerful Kitchenaid.  I decided to do some research on stand mixers and found out I am not the only one that destroyed one.  Every site I checked on line recommended the Cuisinart especially if you do breads, which I do.  I ordered one and cannot say enough positive about it.  It kneads and never drags.  Cookies, meringues, cakes are nothing to this machine.  I like the looks as it is much more sleek.  Granted, it does not come in a million colors, but I buy for quality, not colors.  And don't forget that wonderful timer.  No more guessing how long you are mixing or beating things, just set the timer and it stops when finished.  I couldn't be more excited about a stand mixer.  This is a keeper.

Major disappointment

I bought the cuisinart stand mixer to replace my 6qt kitchenaid. After I went through two worm gears on my newer model kitchenaid, I knew it was not the mixer for me (or my bread-making)! I scoured reviews and decided to go with this machine. Upon its arrival, I realized so much of the darn thing was made out of plastic! You can imagine my frustration, as I was trying to buy something more durable. The plastic piece that covers the attachment in the front did night align properly, so it would not even close! Since I was replacing my kitchenaid for a better kneading machine, the first thing I used it for was a small batch of bagel dough. At first, it seemed to do all right, aside from it being extremely loud. Then, it started to wobble and jostle and I feared it would bounce right off the edge of the counter!!! It looked like something off of a cartoon, my mixer was dancing all over the place. After several minutes, it overheated and shut off entirely. I tried several recipes that came with the machine and had the same bad luck. Apparently there are quite a few bad batches of these and I was one of the unfortunate recipients. The company was very frustrating to deal with and would not take responsibility for the malfunctioning machine; they believed it was damaged during shipping. Upon further research, I read many reviews that had precisely the same experience I did. Such a bummer. Bring back metal machines, America!!

Like I mentioned, plastic parts everywhere! Poorly made pieces that don't fit together quite right.

An expensive piece of JUNK! Save your money and buy a Bosch universal or a Blendtec mixer/blender.

very easy and convenient to use

from algeria

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Bread
    • Cakes & Cookies
    • Candy
    • Meringue
    • Pies

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Speed Stand Mixer:

Love this product. I have been using it for past 5 years. No complaints. So easy to use and clean. Kneeds dough in minutes. Happy to have it in my life. Its super easy to use.to kneed just put water and flour in appropriate ratio and done. Its different speeds give easy kneeding. Even easy
    to use for men too. One time investment for years. Looks wise is also very attractive. I got this product on thanksgivinf first but thought it might be messy to returned it. Then my husband got me this as valentines gift. I opened it thinkingif i don't like will return it. Believe me once i opened and used it never even kept in its box. Its lying on my kitchen shelf and has become a part of my life. I kneed almost 3-4 times in a week as we prefer eating flour tortillas and i prefer fresh dough for making them. Love it. I guarantee you just buy it and see the results. Kitchen aid is the best brand in these mixers I have seen so far. I would recommend this product

Excellent product with high energy!

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Speed Stand Mixer:

This product will accomplish anything you really want it to! It has enough power to handle dough, as well at the stamina to whip egg whites or whipped cream quickly! On the downside, it can have trouble scraping up the bottom of the bowl, but using a spatula intermittently can help with that (this seems to be a problem with most mixers). The timer function is wonderful for exacting recipes, and the dial knob is easy to use. The mixer comes with a dough attachment, as well as a whisk and a standard beater attachment, all of which are well-made and sturdy. The optional features, such as the food processor and pasta maker are alright, but I have found they are more user-friendly on the Kitchen-Aid mixer (the pasta maker on the Cuisinart seems to cause the pasta to fall down in one large clump, instead of sheets!). Overall, and excellent product, lots of power, and the ability to handle many kitchen tasks!

Cuisineart Mixer

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Speed Stand Mixer:

I have used and tried this mixer several times for baking goods. I have used it for everything from cookies to brownies and cakes and pies, basically all sorts of baked goods. I have basically only used it for sweets and such so I can only really review on how the machine handled with these but as a whole I have never been let down by this mixer. It is really powerful and for the price was above and beyond in regards to my expectations.

Mixing Performance
    It is a standard and up to parr mixer. I haven't yet tried it really on dinners but as for desserts I am really happy with it, I kind of wish that it wasn't plastic though. But it is to be expected for the price I would say.

All the plastic parts wipe off and wash down pretty easily by hand or you can even throw them into the dishwasher if preferred.

It is a pretty simple and basic design but it works overall for what it is.

Nothing as of yet has broken off or come loose for me which is a nice plus.

Great Mixer!

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Speed Stand Mixer:

I did my research before spending money on a stand mixer. I wanted something equally proficient for thin batters as well as thick bread dough. The deep bowl and powerful motor makes it almost unnecessary to scrape down the sides of the bowl. The slow-start feature mixes new ingredients without splashing them. The splatter guard keeps mess in the bowl while also allowing me to add ingredients without taking everything apart. It has a timer that counts down and turns itself off, which is great for those times I have my hands full when time is up. Every piece is easy to clean. It is a total workhorse that looks beautiful in my kitchen

Mixing Performance
    I made wheat bread using this mixer last night. It handed the beginning stage of mixing the yeast, molasses, and white flour very well. When it was time to add additional flour and other ingredients, I used the handy spout and continued mixing. Once the dough became stiff it was easy to tilt the head and switch to the dough hook. Kneading 4 minutes with the dough hook was so much easier than doing it by hand 5 to 8 minutes. It was my first time using an appliance to make bread, and I was totally pleased. I have whipped egg whites using the whisk and added granulated sugar. The result was a light and fluffy meringue with little effort.

The splash guard keeps ingredients from splashing all over the mixer and the rest of my kitchen. Afterward, the mixer itself was still clean. The splash guard comes off easily for washing. The dough hook and mixing paddle are non-stick so washed up quickly and easily. Although the bowl locks in place during use, it releases easily.

This is a no-brainer to use. Everything is labeled well. The count-down timer makes it easier than ever to keep track of mixing time while I am off working with another dish.

It's a beautiful machine for a modern kitchen, but I do wish it would have a larger selection of colors.

I haven't had it very long but I do expect it to last a very long time, based on the great warranty offered by the company.

Major disappointment

Work Horse Appliance

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Speed Stand Mixer:

I love this mixer! I bought it to mix bread dough and it easily can handle a recipe for 2 loaves. Love the timer and fold function comes in handy when you need to mix for a specific time and the fold was great for mixing in nuts or chocolate chips into cookies and the like. Highly recommend!

• Mixing Performance:

Cuisinart kills it with this stand mixer!

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Speed Stand Mixer:

This is the most powerful not to mention attractive stand mixer we have ever owned. It replaced a top of the line Kitchenaid mixer and outperforms on all levels. Easy to clean - very durable and totally what you would expect for the money from Cuisinart!

Mixing Performance
    Top of the line, no joke.

Piece of cake!

Very easy to use and maintain.

Superior design from performance area all the way to attractiveness on your counter!

No issue yet - built like a tank!

• Mixing Performance:

Cuisinart Helped Me Savor the Good Life.

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Speed Stand Mixer:

After I retired, I wanted to indulge myself by broadening my baking and cooking skills. When I lucked upon a sale of kitchen appliances, I was thrilled to acquire the Cuisinart 12-Speed Stand Mixer SM-55. The stand mixer comes equipped with: a chef's whisk for whipping potatoes or egg whites; a flat mixing paddle for cookie and cake batters; a dough hook for kneading doughs for breads; and a splashguard with pour spout. Subsequently, I purchased the Blender and Food Processor attachments to prepare vegetables, and the Citrus Juicer attachment to whip up juices and shakes. I prefer stainless steel cooking equipment, such as the Cuisinart mixing bowl. The study bowl with handles is shiny, easy to clean, and makes me feel like a professional chef. The depth of the bowl eliminates splatter, and it's big enough to hold large combinations of ingredients. The speed control knob allows me to combine the ingredients gently at first, then advance to higher speeds. I highly recommend the Cuisinart line of mixers and attachments, especially the SM-55. As Cuisinart's logo supports, using the Stand Mixer SM-55 has allowed me to savor culinary experiences more. Shhh! Don't tell my daughters they will be receiving theirs soon under the tree.

• Mixing Performance:

Great product for those who bake a lot and like to double recipe

from Lansdale, PA

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Speed Stand Mixer:

Worked great for us and we have had this one over 2 years. You can easily double and triple a recipe. I make for 6-12 people at a time. I use ours at least 2 times a week.

Mixing Performance
    It can handle large loads of dough.

If you use the shield things stay much cleaner. However you will occasionally get dough where you don't want it and then it is a pain to clean.

Easy operation, the speeds make it where you don't have to use the shield very often, just start on a lower speed and gradually move things along. This is even with the bowl full of dry ingredients.

Bowl is big enough to handle large batches of cookies, breads. You have a stir option which will allow you to stir things like chocolate chips in without crushing them.

• Mixing Performance:

Can you be in love with a Mixer??

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Speed Stand Mixer:

My husband got me this mixer as a gift because my old hand mixer was starting to bother my wrist. Say goodbye to wrist pain! I love that I can set the time that I want it to mix for. It makes baking cakes so much easier because the mixer does all the work!