3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

Good coffee that stays hot!

This coffee maker really keeps the coffee HOT for hours.  Warm up the carafe with very hot water before you make the coffee and it keeps hot for 12 hours or longer. Coffee is very easy to make and tastes wonderful.  The coffeemaker as a whole is very tall.  This might present a problem if you want to store it under shorter cabinets.  If you are like me, make coffee for breakfast and just want to grab another cup at dinner rather than make a new pot and you want it HOT--this is the pot for you.

Cuisinart 12-cup Coffeemaker (DTC-975BKN) is reliable, but has s

The Cuisinart DTC-975BKN is a decent coffeemaker that will make a good cup of coffee. It features the ability to set a program so the coffee is made in the morning when you wake up. Load it with water and coffee the night before, set the timer, and when you wake up you will have a fresh hot pot of coffee ready for you. It has an insulated stainless steel carafe that makes twelve cups. The insulated carafe will keep the coffee hot for several hours - enough that you will still have fresh coffee by lunchtime if you make the coffee at 6AM. Unfortunately, there are a few drawbacks to this particular coffeemaker that would cause me to not recommend it given the choice of other coffeemakers out there. The first is that the labels on the buttons tend to wear off fairly easily, so you are left with buttons and have to guess at what they do - inconvenient if the power goes out and you have to reset the clock and timer. It also takes about 12 minutes to brew a full pot of coffee - not much of an issue if you remember to set the timer, but annoying if you forget and have to make it half-asleep. Another issue is that this coffee pot is quite difficult to clean. The opening in the top of the caraffe is not large enough to fit your hand into in order to clean it out, so you end up putting fresh coffee on top of sediment that has settled and stuck to the bottom from previous batches. I had to stuff a scouring pad inside of the carafe and use the handle of a wooden spoon to clean it and I was still unable to clear ALL of the sediment from the sides and bottom. You also have to be careful not to overfill it (especially with 1/2 inch of gunk at the bottom) or misalign the carafe or you could end up with coffee all over the counter. While it is an attractive-looking coffeemaker and does make a decent cup of coffee, there are better options out there for the price - including other Cuisinart units with a built-in coffee grinder. Overall, I rate it 2.5 out of 5.

Thermal canister is awesome!

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Thermal Coffee Maker:

Coffee stays hot for approximately 8 to 9 hours. If left overnight with a fair amount in the pot, it will still be warm the next morning. I have owned two of these over the past 8 years and will purchase another if anything happens to the current coffee maker. First replacement of the maker was due to human error (mine), not the design of the coffee pot. I tried a couple different brands in between (cheaper) and did not find one which would stand up to the performance of this one. Burners tend to burn the coffee and this one does not. No burner, fresher coffee!

Brew Performance
Makes an excellent cup of coffee

Cleaning would be easier if everything came apart, but then I would probably not be able to reassemble.

We use coffee beans and grind them ourselves. The maker was designed with easy access in mind for any type of coffee user. It is programmable and we love having our coffee waiting on us when we wake, rather than the other way around.

Will last years if taken care of properly. I have to admit I do clean the pot quite often but generally forget about running a clean cycle through and this coffee maker has outlasted any others owned in the past. And we are senior citizens so we had a few.

Must Have Item of the Day

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Thermal Coffee Maker:

I love this coffee maker, it does everything i need it to do plus it is very easy to clean. Overall i love this 12 cup programmable coffee maker.

Brew Performance
The brew performance was better than i had expected. i was able to customize my coffee just how i like it. not too strong and not too mild, plus the controls were easy to manage.

i can say that the cleaning of the coffee maker was not difficult at all. the thermal canister can go in the dishwasher.

simple drip design allows me to set up my coffee the night before and in the morning i wake to a full pot of coffee. the programming options are easy to use also.

I love the sleek and sophisticated design, my kitchen has silver and black accent pieces and my Cuisinart fits right into place with my design. love it!

Very durable, the thermal plating allows it to be dropped( not intentionally) and not break. I like the construction of the base, its sleek and doesn't take up a lot of room on the counter.

• Brew Performance:

We love this coffee pot!

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Thermal Coffee Maker:

Not sure where some people were when they wrote reviews, but this model does NOT have a coffee grinder, and I have never had a problem with it making a mess.
My husband drinks a TON of coffee, which is what drew me to this model. It makes 12 cups instead of the typical 10. The other thing I liked is that there is no hot plate warmer. Just one more thing to forget about then worry....
This is not as fast as a Bunn (what is?) but it makes a pot in about 12 minutes or so. If you set the timer for morning, it doesn't matter anyway. And, it does have coffee interuptus, so you can sneak a cup while it is still brewing.
This pot keeps the coffee hot for HOURS, helped along by the design of the lid. It is designed so you don't mess with the lid to pour your coffee. There are floating balls in there to stop the heat from escaping through the vent holes, but when you tip the pot to pour, the balls float back and allow air to enter the pot so you can pour. For that reason, it does pour a little slower than some pots, but it doesn't make a mess and the coffee stays hot without a warmer.
Make sure when you take the lid off, you do NOT turn it by the smaller part at the top of the lid. Not meant for that.
Overall, this pot was worth every penny and I would buy one again.

Brew Performance
Like I said, not as fast as a Bunn but not as slow as others I have used.

I rate this as good because the pot itself has a smaller opening, making it more of a challenge to clean. I just keep it rinsed with good hot water then throw it in the dishwasher once a week.

I rated this only as "good" just because of the small opening in the pot.

I rated this only as "good" because of the top part of the lid being a little flimsy.

not worth the money

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Thermal Coffee Maker:

I bought this coffee maker when my grind and brew died. I thought well I just want the regular thermal pot as my grind and brew was thermal and i loved that option, the thermal pot lasted for hours, and would still be warm at night when i reset the pot for the next day. But It had a clean button I thought how cool! well not cool, it goes off all the time flashing, I've cleaned and cleaned it but there must be a sensor in it that is malfunctioning, I've run straight vinegar through it 3 times and still says clean flashing light, It also is rusted at the base. My Grind and brew never had that problem, this one started rusting at the baseplate within 2 moths, I was very upset as i have never had problems before but the clean and the rusty plate were the only bad things about this pot, it still keeps coffee warm in the thermal pot and easy to clean. just wish that clean button would go aay

baseplate rusted out within 2 months

• Brew Performance:

Convenient programming, cold coffee.

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Thermal Coffee Maker:

I LOVE waking up to coffee already made, which is what this model will do. The settings to program the machine are very easy to navigate, with or without an owner's manual. The coffee maker looks good sitting on the counter, if that's important to you. The carafe design could use a complete overhaul. First off, it's next to impossible to get the plastic screw top to tighten to the tightest setting without some sort of hand tool. Seriously. Then if you do get it to fully tighten, good luck getting it off to get your coffee. Then there's the fact that once the coffee brews, if you don't have the strength or some amazing tool to tighten the lid, your coffee gets cold so quickly. Even a totally tightened lid won't buy you more than an hour of good hot coffee. We purchased this type specifically do we would have hot coffee for an hour or two that didn't taste burnt . On that task, it was a total fail. Also, brew time was significantly slower after 6 months but probably due to our hard water.

Brew Performance
Brew was a little weak and temperature a little low for a this type of maker.

Very easy to program!

Carafe lid has a barely functional design. Coffee maker does look good.

• Brew Performance:

Not the greatest but keeps warm forever!

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Thermal Coffee Maker:

Recieved for christmas to replace a cheapo coffee maker. Not a fan of the twist top to get the coffee out, I have smaller hands and in the morning, they are weak. Is pretty slow to brew and when it's finished it sounds a loud beeping noise, another thing I don't care to hear in the morning. The pros of this coffee maker is the coffee stay hot for hours after brewing and no need to keep plugged in after brewing, no hot plate since the pot is like a thermos

Good Coffee Maker

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Thermal Coffee Maker:

We have had our coffee maker for a few years now and we use it most every day. I love that it keeps the coffee hot for a long time and it also brews 12 cups of coffee. This is one of the few that actually brews 12 cups and has a thermal carafe. The carafe is very well insulated so it keeps the coffee hot for a long time. It is a much better design then having the coffee burning on a hot plate, which can cause your coffee to taste burned. And the hot plates also smell bad after coffee has burned on them. This is a great alternative to hot plate coffee makers. I do use the program feature which is nice and easy to use. Do remember that if you start the coffee pot manually it will shut off the auto start. So you will need to reset the auto start again before you leave it to auto brew. This unit does make a loud beep when the coffee is done brewing so if you don't like the loud beep, turn the pot off when you hear it bubbling. It has overflowed at times, probably because it was not set correctly, so be careful how you set the pot in the unit.

The best coffe maker!

from Campbellsville, KY

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Thermal Coffee Maker:

I absolutely love my Cuisinart 12 cup coffe maker! It comes in white or black, both with the stainless caraffe. I choose the white, although the black is probably easier to keep clean looking.

My favorite feature is the 12 cup caraffe. My husband and I get up several hours apart, he will make a pot of coffee and when I get up a few hours later it is still hot. And the coffee maker is only on long enough to brew the coffee and then it shuts off, this is great so you don't get that burnt,old tasting coffee after it has been sitting for a while. And we love that it is twelve cups, we each end up getting three mugfuls  apiece. Prior to this coffee maker we had a ten cup one and that just didn't make enough and we woul always have to make more.

Other features include a clock and a timer to set it for the time you would like it to start, but we do not use them, because we unplug our small appliances to save energy when not in use.

Ihave never had any problems with this coffee maker. While it is higher in price, I feel in the long run for my family it has paid for itself.

Cuisinart 12 cup Programmable Thermal Coffeemaker

from Mountain City, TN

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Thermal Coffee Maker:

The Cuisinart 12 cup Programmable Thermal Coffeemaker is a great product and I am very pleased with its performance. I was introduced to this product at work, where I was impressed at how long it kept the coffee warm, even after many hours. I was so impressed, that I purchased one for my home and I have not been disappointed. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a quality coffeemaker that keeps coffee warm for a while. I also like the look of the easy to clean and keep clean carafe. I have other Cuisinart products that I like very much so I expected great things from this coffeemaker and got them.  It brews a decent pot of coffee, is easy to use, keeps me from having to re-heat my coffee and looks nice on the kitchen counter. My only complaint is that the button identification words have come off during my wiping down of the unit. The manufacturer should endeavor to make them more permanent. That is the reason I didn't give 5 stars.

Makes good coffee when it doesn't overflow.

from Chester, NJ

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Thermal Coffee Maker:

This coffee maker requires a lot of supervision. After every few cups I would have to turn it off to let the filter drain so that it would not overflow all over my counter.  Each time it overflows it requires extensive cleanup, which is not easy to do.  The thermal carafe did keep the coffee very hot, although the narrow opening made it difficult to clean.