Other Coffee Makers:

Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

Great coffeemaker for the price

I bought this coffee maker for an unbelievable price on Amazon.com. I read the reviews and I thought it would be a good coffeemaker for me. I like that fact that it has a gold tone filter for coffee grounds and a charcoal water filter. It heats up the coffee nice and hot, with no grounds in the carafe. It is a 12 cup coffee maker, but you can program it to make 1 to four cups, which is nice when it is just for me. It is very easy to clean, and if you want a cup before it is finished brewing it will stop when you remove the carafe from the coffee maker. I really have no complaints about it. It is nice and stylish, not an overly big appliance. It does not take up alot of space on your countertop either. A great budget buy.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

I have never liked this coffee maker since we bought it. It works ok. I find it a little difficult to set.

Its 12 cup, wich is...Read complete review

Brew Performance
Its 12 cup, wich is pretty standard. you can set how long you want it to keep the warmer on, and beeps when its done brewing.

This is where it starts to bother me. The lid on the caraffe does not come up or off very easy. (there is no way to lift up the lid with out pulling it off).... making it very hard to dump out old coffee and clean it.

Its easy enough to put the coffee in, and fill up the water resevoir, but as far as setting the clock, or the program feature the button is hard to push in, (maybe its just my machine) but its been hard from the start, and oh brother if the power goes out or it gets unplugged mistakenly because it is a real hastle to have to re-set it!

I hate the knob for setting the clock and programing. Ours does not turn very well and almost impossible to push in the button for programing.
The worst part is the lid on the caraffe, like I mentioned it can't flip up like most coffe caraffes, you have to yank off the lid to empty out the coffee and to clean it. and on top of this every day no matter how slow or careful you poor your coffee you get a surge of coffee which makes it spill over the cup to which I am pooring into, causing coffee to either burn me or get all over my counter......... its very frustrating and dangerous and I would never have gotten this model if I saw a review as this before I got it. And the smaller but still a bothersome thing to me is that the clock has no back light, so you can't even find your way to the coffee maker at 4:30 in the morning when I wake up to get coffee for my husband.

Great for the price

from New York, NY

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

My mom has this at her house and we use it for family gatherings since it can serve up to 12. Overall this is a pretty good coffee maker. It makes a great cup of coffee and has several features that cheaper models don't and that more expensive models do. You can program exactly how many cups you want. You can stop it mid stream which is nice to make two cups of coffee and not use the carafe. If people sleep over we program it the night before as you can do so up to 24 hours in advance. It has a filter so you don't need to use paper; although you still can for easier cleaning. It looks better than the cheap coffee makers especially since its rectangular. But I do think it's rather large for a pot that isn't a grind and brew. Make sure you have a good amount of counter space. Also, I don't like how the lid is attached to the carafe. My breville allows you to take the lid off completely for better cleaning. Most importantly, she has had it for some time without any technical or mechanical problems.

Really big for not being a grind and brew.

decent coffee maker

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

my monster-in-law, err mother in law bought this when she "temporarily" moved in with us. has a lot more functions than our previous coffee maker. I like the auto shut-off. it came with a permanent filter. I use it when I forget to buy the cone filters at the store. we use it 2-3 times a day. I brew ice tea in it with no complaints. throw the gallon tea bag in the top, fill the reservoir all the way, brew it. let it sit for a few minutes. throw 5/8 cup of sugar into my gallon jug, pour hot tea in to, stir to dissolve the sugar then fill the carafe up again with cold water in to tea jug. that way you don't have t rinse the carafe before your coffee. i'd look into a keruig, but I don't like the price of the brewer or the k-cups.

Brew Performance
I like the filter in it. I usually forget to take it out when I run vinegar thru it to clean though.

I usually forget to take out the filter cartridge before running vinegar thru it a time or two... And don't forget to hit the clean button before running the vinegar thru. you get so much more crud out of it.

you can operate it without reading the directions. but to set it up for timers and such, read it.
I've never set it up to brew on a timer. I don't want my grounds setting out overnight and getting stale. the last time I tried my husband didn't replace the grounds for me and it made me sad.

the carafe drips a lot. I don't now what other designs would make it drip less.

my carafe just broke, but that's not necessarily a mfg design flaw. the warmer surface is a little nasty and peeling, however it gets used 2-3 brew cycles a day. (my husband & I get up a few hours apart and I make a gallon of tea at least once a day. see directions above)

• Brew Performance:

Fast and easy coffee maker

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I'm extremely impressed with the Cuisinart 12 cup programmable coffee maker. I absolutely adore having this particular coffee maker in my kitchen. I love that you can program exactly what time you want the coffee to be made and it automatically makes it for you. This coffeemaker is extremely easy and convenient to use. When I have to wake up very early in the morning it's so nice to know that my cup of coffee will be hot and ready just waiting for me. This saves a lot of time and energy in the morning. I would highly recommend this particular coffee maker for anyone that is on the go. The coffee is made instantly and it's very easy to make and take care of.

Brew Performance
I'm extremely impressed with the brew performance of this particular coffee maker. I never find coffee grounds in my cup and it always puts out a perfect cup of coffee.

It is so easy to clean. Just use soap and water and change the filter every time you make a new pot of coffee.

Extremely easy to use. Just pour water into the back. Then you want to add a coffee filter and fill with your favorite brand of coffee. You can also set the timer if you want your coffee made at a certain time.

A sleek design that looks excellent on my kitchen counter.

I have had this coffeemaker for almost a year and it works great. I would say it's very durable.

• Brew Performance:

My all time favorite coffee maker

from Saint Petersburg, FL

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I cried when it died on me.

Brew Performance
delicious, full bodied coffee, clean & clear.

nothing is easy to clean if you hate cleaning, and I do. However, it's no more difficult than any other drip coffee maker.

Not quite a 'point & shoot', but it's not difficult to use.

good, especially since it has a water filter.

I used it daily for 5 years, and I got it second hand from my brothers (who didn't believe in cleaning a coffee pot).

• Brew Performance:

Replaced the carafe and love it!

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I didn't think this was the most attractive unit, but for the price, we're happy with it. It brews a good pot of coffee. Initially though, we had trouble with the carafe leaking but Cuisinart took care of that with a replacement and we've had no problems since.

Great Coffee Maker for a Multi-Cup

from Clarksville, TN

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This was one of my birthday presents last year & was very excited about it. Mine is the pink Breast Cancer Awareness model. For the most part I have seriously enjoyed this coffee pot! It comes with one of the gold cone coffee filters, so you just pop that in the D/W a few times a week, no hassles. There are many settings, which makes it super convenient - brew pause, clock display, clean setting, 1-4cup setting, program set, audible tone, auto on/off, plus it has it's own filtering system. The only issues I've had are the cleaning of tight spaces, see below. Everything else has been & worked perfectly. I've enjoyed it!

Brew Performance
Literally set it & forget it. Everything works perfectly.

This is probably the main reason so many have switched to one cup brewers or carafe-less coffee pots. For the most part its a simple system & even has a cleaning program. Unfortunately, there's certain tiny spots that are so unbelievably hard to clean that it can make use of this one short lived or unhealthy. Especially the lid on the carafe, where the coffee drips into, this can trap so much coffee grime & residue. If you can't find something super small to slide into it to clean it, you'll end up looking for a new lid or carafe all together.

Nice Coffee Maker

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I bought this coffee maker several years ago and have been so pleased with it. It makes great coffee and I like the way it looks on my counter top. It is a simple coffee maker, but it is perfect for what my family needs. I usually set everything up the night before and then plug it in and turn it on right when I wake up. The coffee always tastes great and is still fresh tasting by the time my husband has his first cup. My family has gotten a lot of use out of the coffee maker and we look forward to many more years of use. I would highly recommend this coffee maker.

Brew Performance
This makes a great cup of coffee.

This is pretty simple to clean. There are a few spots that are hard to clean, but nothing major.

Very simple to use. I do not pre-program anything because I do not like to keep the coffee maker plugged in when it is not being used.

I like the design, simple and clean looking.

Very durable, we have used this a lot with no issues.

Perfect

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I absolutely love this coffee maker. I only had to set it up once and it remembers everything! My last coffee maker had to be set up every single day but not this one. I absolutely adore it. It's perfect. I'd recommend this product to anyone in a hurry in the mornings. Also, it makes a lot more coffee than my old coffee maker did. We're a house of three young adults, so we need our coffee, and we each get about 4 cups of coffee which is amazing!!!!

Brew Performance
Perfect. It creates smooth, hot coffee and makes it easily

Not the best, but still amazing! Wish appliances could self clean ;)

So so so easy!

Maybe it could add a bit more color, but it looks elegant and fits in to any home. Maybe add a small design (like a flower for girls or a football for guys) to make it unique and make everyone ah in envy!

I've had this for about a year and it's still in perfect condition. I use it every single day (Once or twice depending on how tired my roomates are) and it still looks brand new.

• Brew Performance:

Best Coffeemaker I have owned...

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I am a coffeeaholic. A Caffeine addict. So I have owned alot of coffeemakers, and killed alot of coffeemakers.
But this one... is the best coffeemaker I have owned. I prefer it over my Kuerig programmable coffeemaker, so much so, that I boxed the Kuerig up and put it away when I got this one as a gift and started using it. It holds a good amount of coffee, brews quickly, and is a breeze to clean the carafe and the coffeemaker itself. Consistantly good coffee, regardless of the brand, this coffeemaker does not overheat and burn your coffee. The programmable features it has are great, including the timed brewing, so I can have coffee ready when I wake up. The cleaning feature works really well, and the carafe keeps coffee hot for hours. (As if it would ever last that long at my house...lol!) The only drawback to this coffeemaker is the replaceable water filter, which lasts for 3 months (longer if you take it out and soak it in white vinegar and rinse it thoroughly). The filters are a wee bit pricey in my opinion to replace, and can be difficult to find at times in my area. If not for the filter, I would give this a 10, but the difficulty I have finding the filters (often sold out... alot of folks like and use this coffeemaker...) takes 1 off, giving it a total of 9.

Brew Performance
Consistently good coffee regardless of brand used!

Only issue here is pouring water in... the lid does not open wide enough to allow pouring from the carafe into the water reservoir without some water running over the top. Smaller containers, such as a plastic pouring measuring container solved this issue.

I drink and make alot of coffee, and this maker gets HEAVY use in my household. I have dropped the carafe many times, and no breakage or damage EVER! I have dropped the maker itself, and unlike other makers I have owned, the plastic parts did not break, it just bounced and has never damaged in any way.

Love it!!

Comments about Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

We use this coffee maker daily. And we have for four years. We actually got this as a wedding gift 5.5 years ago and the first machine had an issue, but we were easily able to contact the company and they sent us a totally new machine. It was a slight disappointment, but it was the quickest “fix” I’ve experienced. This “new” machine has seen us through a lot…we have kids now, so we drink more coffee than ever! I like that I take a minute at night to set it and I wake up to amazing coffee. The water filters are available for cheap on amazon, but they don’t need to be changed that often. The gold-tone filter still works great and just needs a quick rinse each day. I love that it has the availability to sneak-a-cup before the whole pot is done, because let’s face it, who doesn’t love to sneak a cup early now and then? The warmer stays on and it’s easy to rewarm later in the day, if there is any left. It this machine broke, I would actually purchase this exact machine again. I think that says something!