Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:

Crock-Pot Trio Cook & Serve Slow Cooker

Pros

Cons

• Cooking Performance:

It's a nice crock pot but it could use some improvements.

My grandmother bought this three crock cooker for me this past Christmas. I was excited to try it out because I have never had my own crockpot before. I'm 25 and lived in college dorms for four years and was not allowed to have any type of cooking appliance in my room other than a microwave.

So now I have my own place and my own crock! I was excited to try this out because I was instantly thinking of crockpot lasagna, crockpot spaghetti, little smoky sausages, and even homemade meatballs.

The crocks are all connected on one giant plate but each crock is it's own separate cooking compartment. Each one is a quart each so it's small but large enough for my two person home. What I like about this crock is that I can heat three separate items at three different temps for three different amounts of time. I can cook cheese sauce in one crock, barbeque weenies in another crock, and then in the third crock I can have a homemade tomato sauce going. It just depends on my mood.

What I do not like about this crock is the inability to separate the crocks. All crockpots are connected permanently. I cannot separate the crocks and the machine is a bit heavy. It's huge and hard to store so I usually leave it out on the counter. It takes up a ton of counter space. I also don't like the heating time. I feel as if the first two hours the crocks just are not hot enough. This isn't safe when I want to cook raw meats so I usually put my sauces in and let the crock heat up for an hour or two before putting in the meat I want to cook. Finally, my dislikes with this machine are that the stoneware crocks cannot be put in the fridge. The instructions specifically say not to put these in the fridge for any reason. I can understand not taking them directly from the fridge to the cooker or vice versa but I can't understand why I can't store my leftovers in the fridge in the crock. I have to dirty up more dishes.

I do like that the stoneware is easy to clean. The crock is low maintenance and I can cook food all day without worrying that I'll burn or over cook it. I think with some minor improvements, Crockpot could really have the monopoly on the multi-section cookers but I've notices a couple brands doing it better since I got my gift.

Time to Heat
It takes a long time to warm up to medium or hot. I have to wait an hour or more sometimes if I want to cook something from raw to finish.

Cooking Performance
Once it heats up, it does a great job.

The stoneware is so easy to clean. I remove the stone crock, wash and rinse, then return to the sectioned cooker.

It's so easy to use. Each crock has it's own temperature control. You can literally set it and forget so long as you're cooking at a low temp.

I like how each crock has it's own thermostat but the permanently connected crocks are a bit heavy for storing this machine and moving it around the kitchen.

I've only has this three months but so far, so good.

Handy but heavy

Overall this is a good set of crockpots, but this is so heavy and bulky...just hard to store. I like the idea and I love cooking with slow cookers, but I will ljust use three separate cookers so that I can manage them more easily.

Time to Heat
No problems here. Heats as expected with normal cook times.

Cooking Performance
Cooking performance was as expected.

Easy to clean pots and lids. Again, the base is just bulky and awkward to handle.

Easy to use. Works like most standard crockpots do so no surprises there.

As I said, the concept is great, but this is so large that storage is an issue and it is heavy. I had mine stored on a top shelf since it is not something I use very day, but it is was hard to get up and down that I had to move it. Also, the lids have a tendency to slide around a little. They could have a more secure fit.

I have not owned this ling enough to really judge the durability. It hasn't fallen apart, so that is a plus. I don't suspect I will have any issues with this. Seems like it is made well.

What was I waiting for?

Comments about Crock-Pot Trio Cook & Serve Slow Cooker:

I make and can a lot of apple butter and I tend to make it in slow cookers. I have dozens of different brands and use them all for various purposes. Someone bought me the Crock-Pot Trio Cook & Serve Slow Cooker about a year ago and I didn't even take it out of the box. Not because I wasn't appreciative but because I had many other slow cookers and it didn't seem needed.

This past Thanksgiving, I was cooking for a lot of people, Enough that getting out my larger crock pots wouldn't be practical nor did I have the space. This crock saved the day. I used it for hot chili dips, chocolate and warm cheese dips.

I wouldn't use this in everyday life as I find the 1.5 quarts impractical for meals that I cook, but on holidays to serve guests or to do a fondue type display, it's excellent.

Time to Heat
Heats as quickly as you'd expect a single crock pot. I especially love that there are three knobs so that you can set them individually. There are low, high, and warm settings.

Cooking Performance
I used this to melt chocolate, cook chili dip, and melt cheese. It did all three amazingly well without burning anything.

It is very simple to clean. After it cools, just lift the ceramic from the base, and clean with warm dish soap and water. Dry and put back.

All you do is put in your ingredients, turn the dial to where you want it, and you're good to go.

It has a very nice unimposing design. It doesn't take up too much space.

Very Handy for Serving Many

from Fairfield, VA

Comments about Crock-Pot Trio Cook & Serve Slow Cooker:

We bought the Crock Pot Trio Cook & Slow Serve Cooker for church gatherings on weekends-little dinners we frequently have of 20 people or so, and we've enjoyed it very much. If we could find one with a bit larger capacity I think we could easily use both.

Time to Heat
We are very impressed with how well and how fast it heats; in fact we have to pay attention to it and try to monitor the heat level, because it can get too hot to serve!

Cooking Performance
Its best of you use this Crock Pot when you have a lot of time to wait for it to cook-it cooks more evenly and thoroughly.

It isn't hard to clean, but as with other Crock Pots I advise getting it done fast before food cakes on. It doesn't have many frustrating nooks and crannies that caked on food gets stuck in, and that's a bonus.

It seems a monkey could use it-no complaints in this.

I wish there were multiple sizes available, but the overall design is very straightforward, intuitive, common sense.

I don't believe we have dropped it on the floor yet but so far there are no indications that it is breaking down in any way-it does have some scratches on it from steel wool cleaning.

Great for entertaining!

from Greensburg, PA

Comments about Crock-Pot Trio Cook & Serve Slow Cooker:

I bought this Crock-Pot Trio about two years ago around the holiday season. It has been perfect for entertaining and keeping food warm for casual parties. I was so excited to find it since in the past I have struggled to keep food warm/at a serving temperature during gatherings when you don't want to constantly be working in the oven/on a stove top. This crock pot has three small pots, each with a separate temperature control. There is also a feature that allows you to rest the lid while serving food which is very handy. I have found the temperature control to be accurate - although if you have something on a high setting next to something on a low setting, you will find some heat transfer (to be expected, really, due to the design). However, since the point of this particular crock pot is to keep multiple dishes warm at one time, it is rarely, if ever, an issue. I would absolutely recommend this Crock-Pot and I have actually purchased one as a gift for my sister, who also does a lot of casual entertaining.

• Cooking Performance:

Great product, especially if you do a lot of entertaining

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Crock-Pot Trio Cook & Serve Slow Cooker:

I really enjoy this product. It is especially useful when you are having guests for a holiday meal like Thanksgiving when there are a lot of hot food options. It is especially useful for things like warm dips and soups. I've also used it for mashed and sweet potatoes. It keeps things evenly heated without burning or drying things out.

Time to Heat
It does take longer than I would like to heat, but once it does get to the right temperature, it keeps everything evenly warms.

The only down side is that I do find it a bit difficult to keep this clean. It can take a while to wash and clean, especially if stuff gets dribbled on it during use.

It doesn't get much easier than just plugging in the unit and putting the food in there.

I like the sleek design and color of this unit.

This product is not something that you keep out all the time, so it needs to hold up to packing and unpacking, putting on shelves, etc. For the most part, this holds up really well. I've used it many times without any issues indicating that it was suffering from wear and tear. The box it was in also fell off our storage shelf and I was worried that the unit would be damaged, but thankfully, even after a fall from a shelf, it held up very well.

Crock pot trio

Comments about Crock-Pot Trio Cook & Serve Slow Cooker:

I bought this last fall to use for the holidays. I make several dips and warm appetizers that I need to keep warm for hours at a time. This neat little piece of equipment came in handy! Each separate crock pot has it's own heat setting so perfect if your stuff needs to be on different settings. Each one has it's own glass lid as well. I think they are each one or two quart, while not large, they are big enough for dips and smaller food items. The outside housing unit stayed pretty cool so leaving out on the table was not a problem. They pots are dishwasher safe too.

Time to Heat
Took about five minutes or so to get warm.

Cooking Performance
Cooked wonderfully and evenly. I had no hot spots or cold spots in my food.

The three pots are dishwasher safe.

Put your food in and turn it on! Easy as that.

It is small enough to leave out on the table while eating and not get in the way.

I had fifteen people, including kids, eating out of this and it did not have one scratch on it from the spoons scraping in the pots.

Great Crock-pot for Entertaining or Everyday Use

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Crock-Pot Trio Cook & Serve Slow Cooker:

I bought this crock-pot trio about a year ago when we had a large family party coming. Usually we have two or three crock pots of food going at one time and they are scattered through out the kitchen to reach the electrical outlets. This trio crock-pot has a nice long electrical cord. I thought that this one would be a nice one to get after reading the reviews on it and the fact that there would be three crock-pots in one. It heats the food up quickly and stays hot. It worked out great for me because we had one for chili, one for sausage and peppers and one for meatballs. Each crock-pot has it's own temperature control so you can either set it on warm or as hot as you want it to be. the pots are very easy to clean up as well. The cooking performance is wonderful, just put in your ingredients, turn it on and let it cook all day. It is more expensive than a regular crock pot but is certainly worth the money. It is simple to use, has a nice design and so far is very durable. I definitely recommend this crock-pot.

• Cooking Performance:

Perfect For Holiday Parties!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Crock-Pot Trio Cook & Serve Slow Cooker:

I never, ever thought I'd have need for a slow cooker trio, but I broke down and purchased one for the holidays and I haven't looked back since!

The first time I used this I actually used it to serve warm beverages at a party. I filled each of the cookers with a beverage (hot buttered rum, mulled cider, and hot chocolate) and kept it on low and everything was the perfect temperature when everyone arrived and stayed at the perfect temperature throughout the party.

This was also amazing for Thanksgiving. I was able to use each cooker for a different side dish and use the adjustable controls to keep each one at the correct temperature. It kept everything perfect during the entire meal and each veggie was the ideal temperature for those who wanted seconds.

Of course, three separate cookers means three times the dish washing, but it's totally worth it for the convenience of being able to make side dishes ahead of time and get them out of the way yet have them at the perfect serving temperature when I needed them.

This is a big bulky so you have to have the room to put it - preferably somewhere out of the way while you are working on other things.

Overall, I definitely recommend this unique, high quality, cooker set.

• Cooking Performance:

Great for entertaining or large families

from Statesboro, GA

Comments about Crock-Pot Trio Cook & Serve Slow Cooker:

Having a slow cooker that has three separate compartments can be a good thing and a bad thing. As far as each compartment heating up equally I have found that the heating is very equal through all three. It is a very self-explanatory machine to use with no major bells and whistles. It comes with instruction manual that is also very helpful. I love to entertain so I constantly get this out to make separate dips all in one setting. I also come from a large family so when we get together for Thanksgiving and Christmas this is a great thing to use when you have people that like different things. I also had to use it when I'm trying out different kinds of chili because chili is a great thing to make in a crockpot.

Although I like how the three compartments are all together it is a little big and bulky and hard to find room to put it underneath the cabinets.

I have on this product for a little over year and still going strong I'm not sure after a few years if it would hold up however.

Crock Pot Trio

Comments about Crock-Pot Trio Cook & Serve Slow Cooker:

This is a great product if you have a lot of parties or large dinner parties. There are 3 crockpots that you can put different dips, soups, dinner sides, or whatever else you want to keep warm for awhile. It is very easy to use and also to clean. You just have to take the individual pots out and either hand wash them or put them in the dishwasher to clean. I usually take Lysol wipes or a wet dish cloth or sponge to wipe the base unit if any food gets on it or it gets dirty. I usually use my crock pot trio for holiday dinners and special occasion parties that we have several times a year. The only issue I have with this product is that the crockpots are pretty small, but you can just refill them when the food gets low. I usually turn mine on and add the food about 20 to 30 minutes before I plan on serving the food, so that way everything is warm enough. I would highly recommend this product to anyone.

• Cooking Performance:

Who knew I would use this trio crock-pot so often? Love it!!

Comments about Crock-Pot Trio Cook & Serve Slow Cooker:

I have always owned and used a crock pot. My first was purchased back in the 80's, it was one of the metal rectangle pots that sat on the griddle type heating source. I used it for years. :)

I am now and have been for almost 11 years, a full-time RV'er. Living in a RV poses many challenges, one of which is storage. This Crock-Pot Trio Cooker was a prize that I won and since I have used it I have found it a storage spot and will keep it forever!! I love the convenience and versatility it provides me. I can cook or keep warm an entire meal, meat, vegetable or potato, and even desert at the same time!!

Each pot has a separate control, so each can be set to the desired temperature for the food being cooked or warmed. I have seen that the individual size of the crocks can vary based on brand and model, I have the one with 1 1/2 qt crocks. It is perfect for me because I am usually only cooking for two. Anyone with a family may want to shop for the model with the three 3 qt. crocks.

Time to Heat
It does take a while to warm, but keeping in mind the heat needs to penetrate through the crock, it isn't an unusually long time.

Cooking Performance
Great job of cooking anything I have tried. Everything from stew, chuck roast, chicken to scalloped potatoes, vegetables, and even bread pudding!

Clean up is very easy. Each crock can be put into a dishwasher, but I hand mine to my dishwasher :) Here's a tip that I use, crock pot liners!!! They make clean-up even easier!!

Can't get much easier than placing food in crock, turning on the heat and walking away!

The size and design is perfect for me. With the three individual crocks having individual controls it has all I need.

I am pleased so far. Have used it many times since I got it at Christmas (5 months ago), and have not had any problems.