Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:

Pros

Cons

A must have product!

Comments about Crock-Pot Programmable Oval Slow Cooker:

I started out with only a 3 quart circular slow cooker. That's not much room to do anything. I got this for Christmas a few years ago, and WOW. It is so useful. I use it at least weekly. And for more than just roasts! To be honest, I rarely cook roasts in there, because a) I don't cook many roasts and b) It's took busy cooking other things! I make chicken stock, yogurt, cook dried beans, bread, a whole chicken, and so much more in this thing. You can even make soap in it!
The lid has a locking mechanism so that it can't accidentally fall off. You also know that it has a good seal and no heat is escaping.
It has a timer, high temperature for 4 or 6 hours and low temperature for 8 or 10 hours. Once it times out, it automatically switches to warm. This can be good or bad, depending on what you want it to do, which is why I only gave it 9 stars. If you are going to be gone all day and don't want to overcook your food, this is perfect. But if you are making something like chicken stock and want it to simmer for at least 24 hours, it can be a little annoying to have to remember to reset the timer; it only goes up to 10 hours. Other than that, this thing is incredible. It cooks evenly and is just awesome!

• Cooking Performance:

Makes great soups and stews but hard to clean.

Comments about Crock-Pot Programmable Oval Slow Cooker:

I've been using this while visiting my daughter. She leads a busy life and of course it's great to have the convenience of a crock pot. I've made chicken soup, beef stew and even braised oxtails. Only complaint - stuff sticks to the removable pot and is hard to remove even with scrubbing. Otherwise, great item!

Time to Heat
High setting and low setting seem to operate at the same speed. Can't save time with the high setting.

Cooking Performance
Excellent. Cooks evenly and keeps things hot without overcooking.

I won't give it a 1 because the pot is removable. But it's almost impossible to remove stuck on foods even with scrubbing. I'm comparing to my dutch oven which comes clean with just rinsing.

I don't think crock pots can be beautiful, but maybe...

Don't know. The one I'm using is new.

• Cooking Performance:

Works great for my family.

from Voorhees, NJ

Comments about Crock-Pot Programmable Oval Slow Cooker:

I got this crock-pot about two years ago and have used it at least weekly since then. My most common use is for cooking dried beans, which we eat at least 2 pounds of a week. For that purpose, it's so simple, I just dump in the beans and water, turn it to high, and let it go for about five or six hours. I've never needed to soak my beans using this crock pot, they come out fine without.

This slow cooker definitely got a good workout while I was on maternity leave. Even though I was home all day, I had complications that made it impossible to stand or do more than fifteen minutes of light tasks at a time. Every day I made a new recipe out of my slow cooker cookbook because I could just throw in all the ingredients in the morning and let it cook all day. It worked perfectly for every single recipe I tried in it, definitely no complaints!

I know some reviewers have remarked that this machine runs hot. I never have an issue with it, but we also don't eat meat, so perhaps the temperature is more of an issue when cooking animals.

I do have a few minor complaints with this slow cooker. The stainless steel gets very hot, cooking on any stains. The lid handle is made of cheap plastic and easily collects a large amount of water underneath it. I am very careful not to drop the lid because the handle would break easily. Finally, I wish that this machine had the ability to set a delayed start time. The timer works well but if you aren't going to be home all day it can make it difficult to make something with a relatively short cook time.

Cooks Way Too Hot

Comments about Crock-Pot Programmable Oval Slow Cooker:

I have used crock pots for years. I enjoy their ease of use. However, I am not in love with this model. This crock pot model cooks way too hot. I have been using it for a few months now and I still cannot get the timing perfect. If a recipe says 8 hours on low then you really only need to cook it for 5 hours for most dishes. If a recipe says 4 hours on high then you really only need 2 hours and sometimes that is either too much or not enough. I had a dish last week that I turned off because it was done an hour early. We weren't ready to eat so we waited an hour. The pot was so hot it kept cooking and the dish ended up scorching on the sides. Also, if you are cooking anything with a sticky sauce like teriyaki, the sauce will typically burn all around the sides of the pot. My chicken typically comes out dry unless I fuss with it all day and keep turning it. The purpose of the crock pot is to dump your ingredients and walk away. I don't like the fact I have to keep fussing with this pot. It shouldn't be this much trouble.

Fantastic little machine

Comments about Crock-Pot Programmable Oval Slow Cooker:

I have always loved my crock pots, and this one was a gift last Christmas since my original pot was starting to malfunction. I do not use the programable part, since I am a stay at home mom, but I am sure that would come in handy so your food does not end up overcooked. The locking handles on the side are fantastic for making sure your lid is on tight enough, since some crock pots you can walk away without a proper seal, letting out the steam you need to cook your food.

Time to Heat
I always put my food in and turn it on as I am adding the ingredients for whichever recipe I am using. By the time I am done, it is hot to the touch and ready to do its magic.

Cooking Performance
Very rarely will I have something overcook, and I cannot rule out that it might have been my own error for the well done nature of whatever I am putting in the pot.

Cleaning of the ceramic bowl can be a little troubling at times if something splashes up the side where the majority of the liquid is not there.

Nothing is easier than a crockpot!

It looks sleek, but the size can make it difficult to place.

I have had this crockpot for about 2 years now, and it is still working just as well as when I took it out of the box.

Cooks too hot

Comments about Crock-Pot Programmable Oval Slow Cooker:

I must have received a defective product. Cooking temperatures are very erratic. The "Warm" setting produces a rapid boil. It is impossible to cook long and slow. There are three temperature settings and all three cook like the High setting.
I also don't like that there is a space beneath the handle on the lid where water, steam and even food can get trapped with no way to really clean it out.

Varies

Best crock-pot I've ever used

from Davis, CA

Comments about Crock-Pot Programmable Oval Slow Cooker:

I've very busy with running my small home-based business, but love to cook. So, many times I would find myself in the kitchen much longer than I should--I really need to tend to business. Since I purchased the Crock-Pot Programmable Oval Slow Cooker SCCPVL610, I don't have as many issues. I can do most of the prep the night before and then plunk it all in the pot in the morning. Because it includes a programmable feature, I can have dinner finished by the time I'm ready to call it a day.

I love it! I've used it for dishes I'd usually put in the oven, like roasts. I've even used it for coq au vin.

I've never had an issue with it scorching or my dishes drying out. It's the perfect fit for me.

Time to Heat
The Crock-Pot Programmable Oval Slow Cooker SCCPVL610 takes very little time to heat up and will stay at the temperature chosen.

Cooking Performance
The Crock-Pot Programmable Oval Slow Cooker SCCPVL610 cooks everything perfectly when following directions and using common sense. Common sense would tell most than if adding carrots to a dish in the morning, they would be -- most likely -- mushy by the evening. So, follow the directions and use common sense when using this or any crock-pot.

Love the Crock-Pot Programmable Oval Slow Cooker SCCPVL610 when it comes to cleaning! The removable stoneware pot washes easily with soap and water. If it is extremely dirty, I will use a soft scrub sponge and it come clean. The exterior wipes clean with a soft cloth.

I rarely use the programming feature of the Crock-Pot Programmable Oval Slow Cooker SCCPVL610, but when I do most everything cooks perfectly. But, since I'm home most days, I can set it and then check on it occasionally. Once the meal is cooked, I can choose the "warm" setting and dinner stays warm without drying or overcooking for more than an hour.

Since the Crock-Pot Programmable Oval Slow Cooker SCCPVL610 is oval, it stores nicely and I can add very large items to the pot. I've even added a whole chicken to the pot.

I've -- most likely -- used this pot over 50 times and it works perfectly. I imagine that it will last me for years to come.

I love this Crock Pot Slow Cooker

from West Orange, NJ

Comments about Crock-Pot Programmable Oval Slow Cooker:

This Crock Pot Brand Slow Cooker is fantastic. I wanted a programmable Slow Cooker that I could be able to control how long I want to set it for. This one allows me to program a time from 30 minutes to 20 hours. It also automatically goes to the warm mode when cooking is completed. Most slow cookers don't have this feature. It also is large enough (6 quarts) to cook for a larger crowd. I like to use for parties at work so this is perfect because it locks the cover tight and makes transporting easy. The removeable stoneware insert is easy to clean and the stylish oval shape allows me to serve it right on the dinner/party table. The price is fantastic and the name Crock Pot is a brand I trust.

Great for families

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Crock-Pot Programmable Oval Slow Cooker:

Love this slow cooker. It keeps food warm after cooking and really holds a lot of food! Great for starting a mean after lunch then it is hot and ready to eat after soccer practice. Love that I can program it. It is easy to clean up, just put in dishwasher. Great to make healthy homemade meals even on busy nights. I've even put frozen meals in it and they have cooked up very well. I received it as a gift and am very satisfied. A small "dipper" came with it that I have not used, though I bet the kids would love it too. The stainless look is very nice. Mine has seem lots of use and is still working very well, I've had no problems with it. Of course it is a little bulky for storage, but that would be the case with any slow cooker. I would certainly recommend it to others looking for a slow cooker. Especially during the upcoming holidays it really comes in handy and I've been so glad to have it.