Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:

Crock-Pot Little Dipper

Pros

Cons

• Cooking Performance:

Yes. I needed yet another crock pot - Little Dipper.

I keep telling myself that I have enough crock pots. Heck. I even have the double crock with lift outs to heat two dishes at once. Love that!

I wasn't...Read complete review

I wasn't going to get a mini crock. But, some items like a single piece of chicken (when I'm home alone) or dips look lost in a big crock pot. Also, crock pots cook better when at least half full.

So, yes, I ended up with a Little Dipper in my shopping basket. I could justify this for the above reasons and also since the little size is very inexpensive.

I'm glad I got the Little Dipper. It holds enough dip to take to Scout meetings and also for here at home with the boys and their friends.

It is really full to running over with Rotel dip, so I do wish it was just a tad bigger. I just heat part of the dip and add as needed.

The crock in this little size does not lift out. I hate the big ones with the crocks that do not lift out, but it works out OK with the mini crock pot. I just fill it with water and wipe it out. It's pretty stickproof and the temperature setting is good and prevents overheating and scorching.

I'm much more likely to make small amounts or dips now that I have the right size crock pot.

It would be perfect if the heat was adjustable.

My mom got a free **Crock-Pot Little Dipper Warmer **when she purchased a full-sized Crock-Pot.  She knew that she wouldn't use it, so she gave it to me.  I am a Tastefully Simple consultant, so I have taste-testing parties and open houses in my home, and that is where this product comes in handy.

The **Crock-Pot Little Dipper Warmer **is a very small warmer that just needs to be plugged in.  It has a capacity to hold 16 ounces of dips, sauces, appetizers or anything that needs to be kept warm.   It is really handy when you are entertaining, because you just have to plug it in wherever you want the food to be and people can help themselves.  The Little Dipper Warmer has a stainless steel finish and a black, plastic lid.

My only complaint about the **Crock-Pot Little Dipper Warmer**, is that you cannot adjust the heat setting like you can on a traditional Crock-Pot.  A regular Crock-Pot has temperature settings that vary from low, to medium to high.  The Little Dipper Warmer has only one temperature.  If you are constantly refilling the Little Dipper Warmer, that might be okay, but if you leave something to sit in there for several hours, the contents become way too hot and burn.

**The Scoop!**

If you entertain regularly at your home, this might come in handy.  If not, it probably won't do you very much good except take up precious cabinet space.  I am glad that my mom gave me hers, but if this one dies, I am not buying another one.

Heats up nicely, but no temperature settings

from Dallas,TX

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Compact Size
  • Easy to Operate

Cons

• No temperature settIng

• DIps, soups

Comments about Crock-Pot Little Dipper:

I received this Lititle dipper crackpot when I purchased a crockpot. It's small, cute and convenient when you host parties or events. It's actually pretty small so if you plan on cooking with it, it really isn't worth it. I used it to make chili, my dips and even beans. There are 2 things I'm not crazy about. One- it has no time settings or temperature settings. If you leave food in there too long it seems to get way too hot. You have to keep an eye on it as it can actually get extremely hot. Two- you don't have a removable pot. I don't like that. You have to wash it without trying to get water all over it. For entertaining, it's really convenient. My dip's or salsas really stay nice and warm. IThe cleans fairly easy and is pretty lightweight.

Great for any event.

Comments about Crock-Pot Little Dipper:

I bought this Crock-Pot Little Dipper last year before Thanksgiving. My plan was to use it to keep gravy warm while everything was being served. I really like it and have no complaints. It holds up to 16oz so it does hold a good amount. It is great for parties or whatever event when you need to keep anything from gravy to cheese dip warm. The only issue I have with this mini crock pot is that there is not a way to control the heat. I really dislike not being able to set it to at least high or low. I make it work though but I hope that they put out a warmer with a controllable temperature in the future. Some dips or sauces simply do not need to get as hot as this warmer heats it up to. I would recommend this product overall.

Time to Heat
It heats up pretty fast overall.

Cooking Performance
I use it to warm things up and it does a good job.

It is just the same as cleaning a regular crockpot. The advantage with cleaning this one is that it is a lot smaller so there is less to clean.

It is easy to use and very straightforward.

I like the design but not having a high or low setting really takes away from this product.

Great for making dips!

Comments about Crock-Pot Little Dipper:

This crock pot is a great resource for making dips or small dishes. We purchased ours for that exact reason. The price is great, so you don't spend much money on it. It is a great crock pot to have if you host a lot of parties. It can easily hold a dip and keep it warm throughout the entire party. We have also used ours to heat up chocolate and keep it melted for fondue purposes. It works like a normal crock pot, but is much smaller in size. The only things you would be able to do in this are really small dishes. However, if you tend to make dips, sauces, or desserts, this is a great thing for you to own. We have loved ours and use it frequently.

Time to Heat
Due to it being small in size, it does not take long to heat at all. Dishes cook faster in this one due to there not being as much space to heat up.

Cooking Performance
It has made excellent dips and desserts for me. It works as well as a big crock pot, just gives you a smaller portion size.

I hate cleaning any crock pot. However, due to the small size, it is not too bad to clean.

• Cooking Performance:

I love this little Crockpot!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Crock-Pot Little Dipper:

I bought this Little Dipper to make dips for parties and for events at work. I love the design, and my dips come out perfect every time! I would definitely recommend trying this out if you're looking for a handy machine.

Time to Heat
The Little Dipper Crockpot takes about two to three minutes to heat up completely. I would love if it heated up instantly, but this really is no issue to me at all.

Cooking Performance
My dips always came out perfect!

This machine is a little more difficult to clean than some of the other ones I have owned, but it is not a problem.

Like all Crockpots, this is very easy to use. Just dump your ingredients in, turn it on, and you're good to go!

The design of the Little Dipper is perfectly-sized for bringing dips to parties most of the time. However, I have had a few occasions where I could not fit all of the dip inside of it. I wish it was a tiny bit bigger. It is still an okay size though, and I love the simplistic design.

For a little machine, it is definitely quite durable! I have owned this for three years now, and it still works like a charm. I have not had any issues with it at all.

Watch out for the heat!

Comments about Crock-Pot Little Dipper:

If they would make a few improvements like heat control, this would be an awesome appliance.

Time to Heat
It heats up pretty fast but, then it can become and stay too hot!

Cooking Performance
Again, it heats well but, I found that it gets way too hot. Especially for things such as gravy. I still use this and it has been helpful numerous times, I just have to keep a much closer eye on it then I am use to with a crock pot.

This is very easy to clean just like other crock pots. This one being smaller makes it incredibly easy because, there is no heavy lifting!

There are no buttons or settings so, it is very easy to use. You just plug it in. This would probably be a nice gift for someone older. They could heat a small meal in it and they would only need to plug it in. It's also not near as heavy as some of the bigger ones.

I like that it is small and has room to pick up or move without burning yourself. I still however, keep this way out of reach of little hands.

This little thing is pretty tough. I see it lasting a long time.

• Cooking Performance:

Love this little pot for specific uses.

Profile Image

from Davis, CA

Comments about Crock-Pot Little Dipper:

I wanted this little crock pot for specific uses, like keeping fondue and other dipping sauces warm. It is perfect for these uses. It does not warm cold items or cook food that I've been able to discern. However, I have never had better results with keeping small amounts of food, especially non-solids warm.

Do be aware, though. This is a very small crock-pot. It really is made to keep sauces warm.

Time to Heat
It does take a few minutes to warm--about ten minutes. However, I always warm the contents prior to adding it to the crock-pot. This does help get it hotter quicker and helps keep it hotter longer.

Cooking Performance
It doesn't really "cook", although I have read of users cooking oatmeal in these pots. I've never tried cooking oatmeal in these, since the microwave does such a great job. Nevertheless, this crock-pot does a bang up job of keeping foods and sauces warm. I love using it for fondue.

It's not that easy to clean since the pot doesn't lift out of the unit like other larger crock-pots. It's all one unit. My work-around for this issue is to wipe the pot out. Then add very hot water to it and allow it to sit for a few minutes. Most often, the contents are easy to wash away with soap and water after soaking. Care must be given when rinsing though. One shouldn't get the cord too wet.

It really is easy. Heat the ingredients, pour them into the pot, and wait until the pot is warm. The only issue is that the contents have to be heated before pouring into the pot. But, this is minor.

It's cute and small. I would have liked a glass top though.

I've used mine for several years and have had no problems with it so far. It's been through a number of parties too!

Perfect for parties

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Crock-Pot Little Dipper:

I love making Buffalo Chicken Dip in my crock pot, but it ends up being too large to take unless I make large amounts of the dip. This little dipper is the perfect solution. You can make managable amounts of your favorite dip and easily have it out for your party or tote it to the place you are going.

Time to Heat
This heats fairly quickly (which I expected for a small unit) and keeps things evenly heated.

Cooking Performance
I use this mostly to "cook" various warm dips, but it works perfectly for them. It can be tough to get cream cheese to the right temperature and consistency to mix for dips, and this product does an excellent job and makes it so much easier for me to make the perfect buffalo chicken dip.

The only down side to this dipper is that it can be tough to clean. I would use crock pot liners, but they are too large for this smaller unit.

This is extremely easy to use

I like the design of this unit. It is a nice size and shape and is easy to store.

This holds up really well. I have transported it to various parties and am always putting in on and off our storage shelf

Little Dips & Dishes

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Crock-Pot Little Dipper:

I have always had giant crock pots that could fit entire roasts or chickens. This is great when I cooking large meals, but if I just want to soak and cook a small pot of beans or if I want to make some queso or dip for a party, my crockpot seemed like overkill.
The Crock-Pot Little Dipper has solved my problems. It's the perfect size for individual-sized meals or smaller side dishes. This also makes it much easier to transport to parties. When I'm hosting, I can leave my dish in the Little Dipper and set it right on the table without worrying about having enough room for everything else.
The only feature that I don't like about my Little Dipper is that the inner bowl does not come out. This makes it more challenging to clean especially if I can't get to it right away and the food has crusted to the sides.

I wish the inner bowl came out.

Perfect size for individual meals, sides, dips and small dishes

Great for Dips and Sauces and Even Small Meals

Profile Image

from North Hanover, NJ

Comments about Crock-Pot Little Dipper:

I have a regular size crock-pot which I love but I had to have this mini crock-pot when I saw it. Sometimes a large crock-pot is just too big for some items and that is when this one comes in handy. It is a wonderful size for dips or for sauces. It can also hold a piece or two of chicken or a very small roast. It is great for one person meals as well. I have used it for sweet potatoes, dips, sauces and appetizers. It is also great for making a small pot of soup. I just use some chicken broth and add fresh vegetables and let it cook away. The vegetables come out tender and delicious. It is easy to carry to a get together or family event. It heats up evenly and quickly and keeps the food hot. It does not have a removable insert so you have to carefully wash the pot but it cleans up very easily. It takes up very little room as well. It is very durable and I have not had any problems with it at all. I recommend this Little Dipper to anyone!

• Cooking Performance:

Love this for small items!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Crock-Pot Little Dipper:

I got this because I was sick of washing my big crock pot every time I was making something small. This is the perfect size if you are cooking for one or two people, it is very small in size and it takes up such a small space on your counter so if you have a small house or apartment, it is perfect. I like to use this to melt chocolate and cheese. Whenever I make nachos I use this for the cheese, I just put it in and turn it on and it is just the right size to melt all the cheese that I need without having to use a bigger appliance. It is great for chocolate too, I like to melt chocolate and let my kids dip their favorite snacks right into it, like strawberries and rice krispy treats. It heats up really fast since it is so small and also heats things up very evenly. It is very easy to clean and dishwasher safe so I just pull the tub out and put it in the dishwasher and things always wash off fast, it is non stick so I have never had a problem with getting anything to come off of it.