Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:
Crock-Pot Cook & Carry 6-Quart Slow Cooker
Rca_2013_normal

Crock-Pot Cook & Carry 6-Quart Slow Cooker

a really convenient product

I recently bought this crock pot because I felt that the smaller crock pot that I owned for many years, would not be large enough for last year's Thanksgiving dinner. I have always enjoyed using my crock pot every now and then, especially when time is tight and I am in a hurry. Crock pot's are so handy, simple to use, and makes it easy to get a nice hot dinner on the table when you have so much else to do. I love to cook, but having had five children, whom are all now grown up with families of their own, I have had to learn how to balance my time between the day's ins and outs of daily business. So, last year, I was starting to get into that holiday spirit, that special time of year when you are anxiously awaiting to spend precious and quality time with your loved one. I then started looking online for different recipes on Pinterest, the food channel website and several others to find something really good to add to our Thanksgiving turkey and dressing dinner. Now, I occasionally add a nice ham to our meal, but the year before last, I made a ham in the oven, but it took up a lot of space and I was not able to get all the other sides done at the same time. Green bean casserole, candied yams and stuffing all need space in the oven and I didn't like having to bake something up early and set aside so that I could make space for the ham. Having a ham and a turkey with dressing in the oven is quite a lot of food to have in the oven all at one time. So, one day, while looking at different options, I happened to find this really nice sized crock pot. I liked how it had a removable stoneware pot which would make it so much easier to wash. I was also happy with the fact that it had a keep warm option. My older and smaller crock pot did not have a keep warm option so this made it a plus for sure. It was large enough to hold a large ham and I felt like it was the one to buy, but I didn't buy it right then and there...instead, I went home after looking at the other models on the shelf and began to do some research on it. I wanted to buy something that would have good reviews on it. I was curious to see if other people liked this model or if they were leaning towards a different model. As I looked at different opinions online, I discovered that there were many people who liked this model and gave it some rave reviews, compared to the other models. I decided to go back to the store and buy it, BUT, I also wanted to go to other stores to check the pricing on it as well. After all was said and done, I ended up buying this particular crock pot at my local Walmart. It had a decent price, it was exactly what I wanted and so I felt that I had made a great purchase. Then, Thanksgiving day finally came and all of my children and grandchildren came for dinner. The ham that I cooked turned out to be such a great success. I feel like I have found a crock pot that made it easy to handle a large ham with all the trimmings, and easy to set up and get cooking. This was wonderful because I didn't have to worry about taking up all that room in my oven, after all, I had a large turkey in the oven as well. The crock pot cooked my ham exactly how I expected it to, and I and my family were very pleased with how it came out. It was great to be able to put it on the "keep warm" selection while everyone was getting their food. Family was able to come back for seconds, knowing that the ham was still warm. What a wonderful crock pot. I am very happy about this purchase. If I had to buy something all over again, I would purchase this particular model because it is exactly what I was searching for. I wonder how easy it would be to use this for Christmas dinner as well? I think that by the time that Christmas comes around, I will not wanting to be cooking turkey, but maybe another ham? I think that it would be best if I get online and start looking for more recipes to put into my crockpot.

I don't love this particular crock pot but it's a good idea.

I got this crock pot because I thought I would use the removable bowl part in the oven, and then take it with me and use the crock pot part as a heating element to keep it warm.  I paid a lot extra for this feature, and so it is the only crock pot I own, so I also try to use it for slow cooker cooking at least once a week.  The trouble is that this one gets too hot -- everything gets over done or cooks too fast in this thing.  It has a high/low/warm setting but even the warm setting will cause my soup to lose all of its liquid in just 4 hours' time.  I get a lot of compliments on this crock pot and it looks very nice.  It's also nice that the removable crock is easy to clean, but the heating unit itself (mine is stainless steel) has gotten burnt from overcooked food, so it is hard to clean and doesn't look nice at all.  I would recommend that someone look for a removable crock but maybe in another brand or a different style.

Convenient for taking to potlucks

from SD

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy to Operate
  • Lid latches
  • Safe to carry

• Cider
    • Meats
    • Soup
    • Veggies

Comments about Crock-Pot Cook & Carry 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

This slow cooker has been a great addition to my kitchen over the past two years. I also have a 4 quart crock pot, which feeds my family very well, but wanted a bigger one for potlucks. This was the perfect size. I do find that it gets VERY hot compared to my 4 quart one. The smaller one that I own has a different "High" temp and "Low" temp. I have to watch this 6 quart one closely. However, I gave it four stars because it's "warm" setting is really the "low" setting of my other one (and I've adjusted and learned to use this setting most often). So it had a learning curve, but I've gotten it down now! Also, I really like that the lid latches on. This is such a wonderful safety feature for bringing food to potlucks! Before, I had to keep the food in a different container while we traveled, but with this crock pot, I can keep the food IN the crock pot, latch the lid, and travel, without worrying about burning myself with hot liquid, nor spilling all over.

great for potlucks

from IN

Comments about Crock-Pot Cook & Carry 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

The Crock-Pot Cook & Carry 6-Quart Slow Cooker is a great addition to any home! This crock pot offers high/low and warm settings. I have found the high is very hot, I almost always use low, as I usually put my ingredients in the crock pot in the morning to be served as dinner. The warm setting is perfect to use after the food is cooked, or for keeping something warm for an extended period. I like to make hot nacho cheese dip for family parties, I can turn the Crock-Pot Cook & Carry 6-Quart Slow Cooker on warm and the dip stays at the perfect temperature for several hours. I also like to make a large pot of meatballs for potlucks and bring along the bonus 16-ounce Little Dipper Food Warmer to serve extra sauce if desired. The lock and seal handle system is perfect for transportation, ensuring no accidental spilling will occur. I like that the stoneware cooking vessel is removable for easy cleaning. I always spray my crock with non-stick spray before using and have never had any trouble with clean up. The Crock-Pot Cook & Carry 6-Quart Slow Cooker is perfect for any household, and makes a great gift!

Cook in half the time

from Vincennes,IN

Pros

• Easy to Operate

Comments about Crock-Pot Cook & Carry 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

Crock-pot cook and carry six quart slow cooker cooks my dinners in half the time my old crock-pot did. I cooked a five pound pot roast in eight hours when the recipe called for twenty-four hours. This was cooking it on low heat! I started cooking it on high heat and I had to turn it down, because the water came to a heavy boil. When I had to clean the crock pot it was very easy and I had to do very little scrubbing. The bigger crock pot holds a lot. I have tried several recipes and from experience I have found that it cooks meat the best on low heat without drying the meat out. I have used the small crock pot and it is similar and it perfect for cooking or heating dips or even a meal for one. I am pleased with this product and I am happy with the price also. Vegetables and rice cook best on the slow heat as well. I really only use the high heat if I am in a hurry for a meal quickly as it cooks super fast on this heat setting. I love this crock pot and I would recommend this crock pot to anyone who does not have a lot of time to mess with a meal. There is also a heat button that works to keep meals warm until you are ready to serve. The heat button does not keep cooking whatever is in the crock pot, either. I was concerned when I had to wait six hours until dinner time to serve my family. I thought it might overcook the dinner, but it did not. By far this is the best and most efficient crock pot slow cooker I have ever owned and I absolutely love it!!

Crock-Pot Cook & Carry 6-Quart Slow Cook

from Modesto, CA

Comments about Crock-Pot Cook & Carry 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I like to cook, but I find myself not having enough time to make meals. The Crock-Pot Cook and Carry 6-Quart Sow Cooker makes it really easy to make meals. I normally put the food in the crock-pot in the morning and it's ready in about eight hours.It is really easy to clean. You can take the cooking dish out of the crock-pot and put it in the dishwasher.

This is a restaurant quality cooker

Comments about Crock-Pot Cook & Carry 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I love this slow cooker so much. I bought it specifically because it is larger than other slow cookers on the market at the moment. I have lots of family and friends that come over for meals so this slow cooker can accommodate large groups of us.

Time to Heat
        I've had a couple of other slow cookers and this one cooks meals in just about the same amount of time. But the good thing about that is that this slow cooker is bigger than the other ones I have owned, so it is working faster really.

Cooking Performance
        I always get a thorough cooking with this slow cooker. Meals are always nice and hot by the time they are finished.

It's really easy to clean. I just use a wet sponge or paper towel to clean it out.

It's easy to use this slow cooker. I like how the knob is really easy to understand.

I love the design of this slow cooker because it is a stainless steel look which goes great with my other appliances.

I haven't had any problems with durability yet and I use this a lot.

Great for every day use

from Lagrange, OH

Comments about Crock-Pot Cook & Carry 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I just purchased this Crockpot about a week ago, and I have used it a few times and love it! I love the oval size. It is much easier to fit in roasts or meatloafs than in a traditional round size. The lid fits on well, and it has the great feature of being able to be locked for transport or carry. It is very easy to clean, and since it has a dark color, I do not anticipate it getting stained. The programmable feature is a little different than I expected. I had hoped to be able to set a time for it to turn on, which you cannot do, but it still has nice options for cook times and warming time. It also came with a Little Dipper which I owned and sold before. It just wasn't practical for me and it was too hard to clean, but we will try it a second time to see if I like it any better. Overall, this was a really good purchase and a great value for me. I will use this very often, and I highly recommend this crockpot.

Buy it!

Comments about Crock-Pot Cook & Carry 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

My overall opinion of this crockpot is that anyone who would cook with it should definitely buy this specific slow cooker set. The larger slow cooker of the two has many great features that really get the job done. I have cooked small chickens, game hen, pot roast, stew, chili, soup, pretty much anything you can think of to be cooked in a crockpot, I have cooked in this one. My favorite part about this slow cooker set is that both of them are really safe. I have a one and a half year old daughter who loves to get into everything and I rarely use my oven because she opens it and would burn herself. With this crockpot set I have no worries with her because it goes on the counter where I can push it back way out of her reach. Also, even if she did reach it, even when it is on its highest setting, the crockpot lid and sides are never hot enough to burn even my daughter's sensitive hands. As for the little crockpot though, I would suggest strongly using that for children's food. You can cook their vegetables, small amount of meat, and smaller servings of food. It is also great for melting down chocolate and great for melting cheese without it sticking to the insides.

• Cooking Performance:

Love the ease and good quality of this slow cooker

Comments about Crock-Pot Cook & Carry 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

The slow cooker does what it's name suggests. It slow cooks the food. It's not overly fancy as it just has low high and warm settings, but really, that's all I need and my good comes out perfect each and every time. And cleaning is a breeze as well.

Time to Heat
        Depending on whether you choose high or low setting, it will heat according to that setting. It doesn't take long but I know that I can leave food cooking on the low setting for 10 hrs and not have a problem with burning, dryness or stickiness.

Cooking Performance
        All the food I have cooked in my crock pot has come out great. I've cooked a variety of different foods including desserts, appetizers, soups or main meals and each time, no matter how long I have had it cooking, it comes out great. With meats, even though you don't have to, I like to cook them in the oven or sear them on the stove to get the brown hard shell that you won't get from the crock pot. But that's a preference of mine and not a deficiency with the product.

It is very easy to clean. You can leave it soaking in the sink with dish detergent if you cooked somethjng that caked on to the sides of the product or rinse and toss it in the dishwasher. The nice part is that it can go in the dishwasher if that's something you use. I will say that when mine goes into the dishwasher, the pot comes out with white streaks-- it's perfectly clean and the streaks are just there. You can't wash it or scrape it off. I don't know if that's what happens with all products or just mine. But I have had it happen to two crockpots.

It couldn't be any simpler considering there are only a few settings to choose from. Low high or warm. So the ease of use is great and the warm setting is perfect if you want to keep it warm before serving or while serving for an extended amount of time.

It's just like a pot. I don't think you could really improve on the design. It fits nicely for storage and it's big enough to make a huge meal for a party or to have left overs.

I didn't go with a 10 because my first crock pot cracked during the middle of cooking. It was a very small crack that you could barely see but enough for my soup to seep through the crack while it was cooking and into the mechanical device. I'm not sure what caused the crack if it was because I brought it from the fridge and it heated to quickly or that it just wasn't sturdy enough, but when I called to complain to crock pot they replaced it with a new one with no hassle and it was great customer service. The replacement they sent, which was the same that I had, has been working great since!

Great for Travelling

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Crock-Pot Cook & Carry 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I really enjoy using this crock pot for the various work get together's that my husband's workplace hosts. They are typically potluck style so we bring something almost every time we go. I have made all types of dishes using this crock pot from pulled pork, meatballs, spicy cheese dip and BBQ smokies to name a few. I love the convenience of using a crock pot because I can throw together my ingredients and let it cook while I get ready then unplug and take it with us when we are ready to leave. This crock pot features latches on the top at the sides to keep your lid securely in place while in transit. They work very well and we have yet to have any spills during our drives, knock on wood. Clean up with this crock pot is also very easy. Both the lid and cooking bowl are dishwasher safe, key feature for me since I hate washing dishes by hand. I have yet to try it yet but the users manual included says the cooking bowl can also be used in the oven as well if your situation calls for it.

• Cooking Performance:

Great for large roasts, large dishes and family gatherings.

Comments about Crock-Pot Cook & Carry 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

We host a lot of family dinners and when we looked for the perfect slow cooker, this one jumped out at us. We use it a lot for large beef, pork, chicken, turkey and corned beef roasts. With this unit, there is room for the extras like potatoes, carrots, onions and other mainstays of the great roast dinners we all love. It's so easy to clean we even use it for a small roast just for the two of us when we're busy.

Time to Heat
        I usually start the unit on high and let it go for 1 hour then turn it to low if that's what the recipe calls for.

Cooking Performance
        High really does a meal quick like the oven. Low gives you a great temp for breaking down meats like brisket, butt and other meats that need that low and slow cooking.

A little heavy for my wife but a piece of cake for me.

High, Low, Warm. What could be easier?

The long oval shape allows for a long 6 or 7 pound Boston Butt or a Pork Loin to fit nicely.

We use ours 3 or 4 times a week and have had it for about 3 years. Still works like a charm.