Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:

Crock-Pot 6-Quart Oval Smart-Pot Slow Cooker

Pros

Cons

• Cooking Performance:

Great product for busy people

I am the kind of person who could not live without a slow cooker.  I enjoy being able to put beef stew on before I go to work and know that it will be ready to eat when I get home.  When I found the Rival 38651-C 6-Quart Slow Cooker, I knew it was the one for me.  I like the fact that I can set the slow cooker to low for 8 hours and then the slow cooker will be set to warm afterwards so that my food does not overcook.  This is a great product for people who are busy.  One of my favorite features is the travel cover that came with my slow cooker.  The potluck crowd is always envious!

The main downside to this slow cooker is that I only have 4 timing options.  I can either put it on low for 8 or 10 hours or on high for 4 or 6 hours.  When I have a recipe that tells me to cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 6 hours, I have no setting for that.  However, overall, I am satisfied with this Rival Slow Cooker, and I would recommend it to others.

Love my Crock Pot, but...

I bought this upgrading from my antique Crock Pot and love it.  The timer, auto-warm, hinged-lid...I was in awe.  I have also gotten a years worth of dependable service from it.  Then the hinge broke on the lid.  Now, removing the lid is awkward because there is no handle in the middle and it is not secure when you move it.  I went to the web site and they don't have any parts available for it.  Why not?  They still sell it.  I have sent an email to customer service and I will be back to let everyone know how it goes...

Rocks my world

from Lynn, MA

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Oval Smart-Pot Slow Cooker:

Actually prepared a bone-in turkey breast in this beast today. I'd be lost without it during warm weather, as well as when I need the full-size oven for all those side dishes. The cooking vessel removes easily for clean-up and is attractive enough to serve from at the table. The "cabinet" wipes down beautifully, and the indicator lights saves a lot of steps to see whether the dish has completed cooking.

Works great

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Oval Smart-Pot Slow Cooker:

We loved this crock pot. One of the best parts was that it is 6 quarts. That extra quart really makes a big difference when making chili's and stews (as compared to a 5 quart). We liked the controls on this pot. There we more options than the standard low-high-off since it is programmable. It is nice to truly set it and forget it. It recently died, but considering how much use we got out of it over the years, it was inevitable.

The inside cleaned up pretty well. On occasion a bit of cooked on food would linger in the corners of the pot and require a little bit of extra elbow grease. The outside's stainless steel look was a bit harder to tackle, because we have a tendency to overfill pots. It was a bit tougher to get the drip marks off than the kind of crock pot with the plastic-style design.

It lasted for a number of years before the heating element started getting finicky. One day it was just done.

Fabulous slow cooker

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Oval Smart-Pot Slow Cooker:

You can not go wrong with a product made by the original Crock Pot brand. It's spacious 6 quart size ensures you can cook a 5 pound chicken or 3.5 pound roast with vegetables. Perfect for making soups, stews, and even the more non-traditional slow cooker dishes like lava cakes and pasta casseroles. Also, this is an incredibly affordable slow cooker. You won't break the bank, and it cooks perfectly! You will not be disappointed in the quality of this product.

Time to Heat
It takes only a little time to heat up the cooker, and once it has warmed up, it cooks slowly and evenly.

Cooking Performance
I am so pleased with the cooking performance of this Crock Pot. It cooks slowly enough that it does not destroy any of the nutritional value of the meats or vegetables etc.

Dishwasher safe stoneware and lid.

Set the temperature, set the time, and you are good to go! It is as easy as that.

Nice pretty sleek design, and for the six quart capacity, it is surprisingly small. Does not take up too much counter space.

This crock pot lasts!!

• Cooking Performance:

Very energy conscience slow cooker

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Oval Smart-Pot Slow Cooker:

I found this particular slow cooker by accident as I was in the market for a newer one, since my old one sometimes worked, most times it did not. i found this one and decided to give it a try as the fact that the description said it was a 'smart' pot. I just had to get it to see what that was about.

Time to Heat
This slow cooker heats to temperature very, very quickly. Not only that, once it gets to temperature it stays at the temperature until you manually change it. There is absolutely no fluctuation in the temperature. This explains the 'smart' description, as there is no uneven heating or cooking, therefore saving you money on the use of the unit.

Cooking Performance
This slow cooker is the best in how great it cooks foods, and the time it takes to cook foods.

This unit is very easy to clean

Very easy to use this unit.

I like the design of this unit as it fits with the design of my kitchen very well.

I use it fairly often and it has withstood my family's use also.

• Cooking Performance:

One of my favorite and most used kitchen appliances

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Oval Smart-Pot Slow Cooker:

One of my best purchases ever! I use my crockpot weekly as it is the easiest thing to use to make weekday meals. There are a ton of great recipes for the crockpot so there will never be a shortage of foods to try out. And you do not have to worry about the crock pot burning the house down: the wattage is too low to cause a fire and I have left it on numerous times throughout the whole day without incidence.

Cooking Performance
Almost all of the dishes and recipes that I have tried have come out well. I even made a lasagna in it! It came out decent but baking is better as the edges of the noodles were crunchy. You have to be careful not to add too much water or your stews and chilis will come out watery.

You can use PAM prior to adding your food to make sure that the food does not leave a crust on the pot.

Overall I love my crockpot. Super easy to use and the settings are very user-friendly. The only thing I wish that it had was a timer to start the crockpot. Sometimes I want to cook a dish for only 5 hours but don't want the dish to sit on the heating setting until I arrive home. It would be nice to be able to start the cooking in the afternoon when I am not home.

So far I have had my crock pot for close to 10 years and it is still working good as new.

Helps make life easier

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Oval Smart-Pot Slow Cooker:

This is an excellent cooking tool for a busy family. The only thing I would add to this would be a shorter cooking cycle at the low setting. It has an 8 hour and a 10 hour. I would like a 6 hour as well.

Time to Heat
This heats up quickly to begin the cooking cycle, whether set on high or set on low.

Cooking Performance
The internal temperatures for high, low and warm are perfect for the cooking cycles needed for various recipes.

It is so easy to wash the dishwasher. Inner cooking pot pops right out! A quick wipe down of the outer heating unit is all that is needed as well.

So easy to mix in the bowl, program, and then step away. Dinner is ready with very little effort.

Sleek design. Does not present as clutter on the kitchen counter. It is large enough to cook a family meal (with leftovers) but is not too heavy, even when full, for transport.

I have taken this to many events away from my home and it is very sturdy. As with any appliance, be careful that the cord is not twisted or bent inappropriately.

• Cooking Performance:

Quality product with ample room for large quantity slow cooking.

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Oval Smart-Pot Slow Cooker:

I have had this product for almost a year and have enjoyed using it. The programmable features make it perfect for leaving on when I am out, it automatically keeps it warm when time is up. Have cooked large strips of baby back ribs and they fit well in the oval shape. Recently cooked all the bones of a large turkey with vegetables to make an awesome bone broth ... cooked it for 15 hours with no problem!

Time to Heat
With a large quantity of soup it takes a while to get heated up but then keeps a steady heat throughout the cooking even on low.

Excellent!

Cleans very well although some marks from the cooking have taken some inside shine away.

With the removable inside it makes it so much easier to clean and even to serve if I need to pour the contents into other containers such as preserving jars or soup bowls.

Love the pullout handles, larger and easier to grab than the little round side ones other have.

So far so good, except for the loss of shine...

Crock Pot Brand 6 Quart Oval Slow Cooker

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Oval Smart-Pot Slow Cooker:

I love this crock pot. I picked it up at an estate sale and have been using it quite regularly ever since. This is a decent sized crock pot and will easily fit a pork loin or a chuck roast. The fact that it is oval is great because most large cuts of meat are not round. It is digital and has four settings. You can set it to four hour, six hour, 8 hour, or warm. This is convenient for me because sometimes I need it to turn off before I get home from work. The others that just turn on high, medium, and low will cook off all of the juice and burn when left unattended. This feature also makes me feel better about leaving it home cooking while I go back to work. The crock pot has large handles for easy transport and a large, sturdy glass lid. The lid is all one piece so you don't have to clean around a knob. The glass of the lid is very thick too so it won't break when you wash it. The crock pot itself gets very hot, but the handles stay cool. The whole ceramic interior basin comes right out to be washed separately from the mechanical housing. This is a great feature! I use my crock pot with reynolds slow cook liners. They do not melt no matter how hot the crock gets and they peel out for easy clean up. The cord could be longer though. It is not a huge problem, but if you are taking it to a pot luck or party you will be stuck close to the outlet unless there is an extension cord. My cooks evenly and thoroughly. It is great for stews and dips too. Crock pot recipes have come a long way and you can make almost anything in a crock pot now. The ceramic interior is pretty stout. This makes it a great and effective slow cooker but also makes it just plain heavy when it is full. I love mine though. Couldn't live without it.

Simple, delicious cooking

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Oval Smart-Pot Slow Cooker:

This product makes cooking easy and delicious!

Time to Heat
You should always follow the guidelines in the recipes, but I tend to leave meals in for a bit longer, as I'd rather food be slightly over-cooked than under.

Cooking Performance
Cooks great all around, as long as you follow time guidelines.

Not as hard to clean as I'd expected.

Easy!

Comparable, But Not My Favorite

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Oval Smart-Pot Slow Cooker:

I received this crock pot as a present a little while ago and I have used it quite a few times now. I used to have a Rival and I used it for years until I finally wore it out. I received this Crock Pot and have enjoyed it's use, but it gets extremely hot on the outside of the container and has melted a few items sitting too close on my counter. My other ones in the past of other brands got hot, but not too hot for my concern. This crock pot container on the inside is also not easily cleaned and seems to keep a film even after you scrub it. I still use it and the food comes out cooked and just fine. I enjoy the digital timer and the digital features, but I feel like I would not purchase this one again. I will continue to use this brand for now, but I would recommend another one. If the price is a good deal, this will do the job for you. If you have little hands around your kitchen I would be careful though.

Time to Heat
Heats rather quickly compared to others I have had.