4.9

4.9

Pros

Cons

This product is well worth the five-star

from This product is well worth the five-star

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Compact Size
  • Dishwasher Safe
  • Easy to Operate
  • Variety of Uses

Cons

• Capacity
  • Inconsistent Results
  • Plastic Deteriorates
  • Slow

• Meats
  • Rice
  • Veggies

This product is well worth the five-star

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

This pot can be programmed for a full 24-hours.

from West Virginia

Comments about Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker:

This is a rather large crock pot. It holds 6.5 quarts but reasonably you can put about six quarts of food inside. I think it's perfect for nearly anything I would want to cook. It makes a wonderful chicken and dumplings, meatballs, and crock-pot lasagna or spaghetti. The main feature I really like is the timer. I can program the timer for a full 24 hours and not have to worry about overnight cooking. The pot turns off automatically once it has reached a certain time. I can set this for 9 hours, go to work, come home, and a few minutes after I get home my food will be turned off and ready to serve for dinner.

Time to Heat
I feel like this particular pot takes a little longer than others to heat up. My usual pot was at full heat within an hour but this one seems to take two or three before I feel it is as hot as it is going to get for that particular temperature setting. Overall, a great pot but sometimes the heating is slow. It can take a while to heat up and melt chocolate or cheeses.

Cooking Performance
This cooks well. It can take a little while to get to full heating but it is worth the extra money for the added peace of mind that it will shut off automatically.

It's easy to clean this pot. It wipes and rinses out so easily. The material is designed so that food doesn't stick so much to the pot and it works out great for me.

This is simple to use. I set the timer, set the heat, and forget it. The only real cons of this are that when I have gloves on in the kitchen, the digital reader doesn't always register my finger tips but as long as my hands are dry and bare, it does just fine. It's so simple to set and forget this pot. It times for a full 24 hours so I don't have to worry about an 8 hour shut off like my old pot.

The design is great for me. The only thing I would change on the design is perhaps adding in a removable piece of stoneware so that the pot is even more simple to clean.

I've had this several months and it's holding up just fine.

Awesome!

Comments about Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker:

The Crock-Pot Six and a Half Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker is really a very satisfying purchase. I love crock pots in general because it is so great to be able to put dinner on and just leave it without having to worry about it anymore. I love the digital controls on this crock pot. I can easily set the crock pot to however long I need it on in thirty minute increments. Also it is really easy to set it to high, low, or even keep warm. We love to eat deer roast around here, and the six and a half quart capacity of this touch screen crock pot is absolutely perfect for them. I fix everything in it. From vegetable soup, to roasts, to slow cooked chicken and broccoli pastas the Crock-Pot Six and a Half Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker is truly amazing. It is so convenient! It heats up very fast so you do not have to wait before you begin cooking in it. It is great weather you are a beginner or a professional chef!

• Cooking Performance:

Good for someone who doesn't like to be in the kitchen

from Eustis, FL

Comments about Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker:

As someone who doesn't like to be in the kitchen hovering over the stove for a long period of time, I must say I enjoy using this Crockpot. I feel as though it's almost fool proof because not only does it come with a touch screen rather than the knobs that the conventional crock pots come with but I like that it comes with a timer. For me that means that I am able to follow a recipe to a tee and I have yet to burn or overcook my food. It is definitely worth the money. As a parent who almost never has time to stay in the kitchen cooking for an hour I can just dump my ingredients in this crock pot and keep it moving. I also love that it is so easy to clean as the pot portion in the center is removable and I don't have to worry about accidentally messing up the plug and electrical portions trying to clean the inside out. I also love that it heats up quickly and I don't have to worry about the heat not getting to certain parts of whatever it is I'm cooking.

Exceptional Slow-Cooker

from Louisiana

Comments about Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker:

I recently used the Crock-Pot Programmable Touch Screen Slow-Cooker and I was thoroughly impressed. I did not know a slow cooker could be so high tech, but apparently that is the case now. With this crock pot, you can program the slow cooker to a certain temperature and set the time you want it to cook. This makes slow cooking even EASIER than before. I love how I can set the cooker to cook for exactly 6 hours and then stay on warm. I do not have to worry about rushing home after work to turn off my slow cooker. The design of this newer model is also very sleek and makes your kitchen look fancy. The size is perfect and easy to store in the pantry. The cost is more than a regular crock pot, but you do get what you pay for. These crock-pots are durable and will last you for many years. It is definitely a great investment. If you are new to cooking or an advanced cook, everyone can appreciate what this cooker has to offer. It's a must by for the kitchen.

• Cooking Performance:

Mother of all slow cookers!

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker:

I purchased this slow cooker when my other one stopped heating like it was supposed to. I have used slow cookers for years and was banned when my old one went out. I decided to do a major upgrade and go with the 6.5 quart with touch screen. I can not believe what I have been missing out on. First of all, it is huge. If you have a large family, this is definitely the slow cooker to go with. Secondly, it is programmable. I never thought I would really need this function until I actually used it for the first time. It is so nice to have so many settings and timers. It heats quickly and evenly and is very easy to use. It is all around an amazing slow cooker. I love it.

Very easy to clean. It is very large, so you can forget sticking the bowl in the dishwasher but it is simple to just remove it and wash it in the sink. Food does not stick to the bowl easily so it just rinses right out.

The stainless steel design makes this a very nice looking slow cooker. Matches all my other appliance.

• Cooking Performance:

Makes working parents lives so much easier

Comments about Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker:

There are so many reasons why I like this crock pot. I mean crock pots in general have made my life so much easier because I can set them up before I leave for work in the morning and when I get home there is a yummy dinner waiting for me and my family. But this specific crock pot is fantastic. The touch screen lets me set the perfect temperature and to set a timer to change it from cook to warm so the food does not get over done.

Time to Heat
One of the fastest I have ever seen. The crock pot gets to the ideal temperature in adequate time to not worry about it.

Cooking Performance
Every thing is done to perfection every time I have used it.

The removable parts make cleaning this a dream come true.

Nothing could be easier. We have become a crock pot family because all you need to do is plug it in add the food and press a few buttons and viola when I get home supper is ready.

Very attractive and fits well with the decor of my kitchen.

I use it ever single work day and have for over 6 months. Yes I would say this is can take a beating and work at optimum performance.

Slow Cooked Meals to Perfection

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker:

Very pleased with this slow cooker.
Hastons of really cool features. This is my first 'high tech' cooker, so I am still impressed with all of the things this machine can do.
I love how fast it heats food and how amazing they taste when they're done. Although clean up is easy, I still recommend using bags...it just makes sense.
The slow cooker is large, so that is another perk. You can easily make a meal for a family of four or more with ease.
The screen on the slow cooker displays your settings and the amount of time left. I like this digital feature quite well, and this is the first cooker I have owned with such a feature on it.
The slow cooker is dishwasher safe so that i a bonus. And, it is designed with stainless steel for an awesomely sophisticated look. It is strong and durable and helps you prepare so many awesome meals. I love it, and a definite bargain for the kitchen all cooks must own.

• Cooking Performance:

Great slow cooker that fits a lot

Comments about Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker:

I like the ability to program this crock pot. It also keeps my food on 'warm' when I can't make it home in time. This crock pot also holds a lot of food, which allow us to cook alot and freeze meals for later.

Time to Heat
It heats up evenly and quickly so I'm not worried about having raw meat sitting out.

Cooking Performance
This cooks evenly with the exception of the corner where the plug is usually gets a little hotter than the rest. Other than that it cooks throughout on both the low and high settings.

Doesn't really fit into the dishwasher that easily as it is rather large. But with a little rearranging it can work. We usually have to pre-wash it as it gets some stuck on food, but overall it cleans up easily.

Very easy to set and once the cooking time is over it will automatically switch to 'warm' to keep your food warm if you cant get to it right away.

Looks good on our countertop and blends in with the rest of our appliances.

We have owned this for 2 years and it has help up really well and we have had no issues with it.

great touch screen

from Hartman, AR

Comments about Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker:

This crock pot 6.5 quart programmable touch screen slow cooker, has a removable stone pot. It is easy to remove for clean up and putting in the fridge. the lid fits on it perfectly and you can see threw the lid to see what your food is doing. It is great at cooking anything you want to cook. It has a touch screen programmable cook time so you can set it for the amount of time you need it to cook.

Cooking Performance
Cooks roast, soup and everything you want to cook in a crock pot. It will cook anything you can cook in a crock pot and you will want to use it all the time.

Easy to clean as you can take the pot out and wash it buy hand or in the dish washer.

Easy to use, easy to program.

It is designed to stay put and not slide on the countertop. It has wraps on the handles so that you can touch the wrapped part of the handle and it will be cool and not hot. So you can move it around, with out getting burnt.

This will last for years to come.