4.9
SCVT650-PS
Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker

Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker

4.9

Pros

• Easy to operate (4)
  • Compact (3)
  • Dishwasher safe (3)

• Meats (4)
  • Veggies (4)
  • Rice (3)

Great product

from Wilmington,nc

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Compact Size
  • Dishwasher Safe
  • Easy to Operate

Comments about Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker:

I love this product, it's very easy to use!

I would buy this product again and again !

from Hanahan, SC

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Compact Size
    • Dishwasher Safe
    • Easy to Operate
    • Variety of Uses

Comments about Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker:

Easy peasy! Makes cooking fun!

By far the best Crock-pot I've ever owned

from LJ Millz

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy to Operate

Comments about Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker:

I love this product! The other crock-pots that I have had in the past have always been too hot and overcooked my food. This is perfect. It gives you the perfect 'warm' setting.

This product is well worth the five-star

from This product is well worth the five-star

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Compact Size
        • Dishwasher Safe
        • Easy to Operate
        • Variety of Uses

Cons

• Capacity
        • Inconsistent Results
        • Plastic Deteriorates
        • Slow

This product is well worth the five-star

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

This pot can be programmed for a full 24-hours.

from Princeton, WV

Comments about Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker:

This is a rather large crock pot. It holds 6.5 quarts but reasonably you can put about six quarts of food inside. I think it's perfect for nearly anything I would want to cook. It makes a wonderful chicken and dumplings, meatballs, and crock-pot lasagna or spaghetti. The main feature I really like is the timer. I can program the timer for a full 24 hours and not have to worry about overnight cooking. The pot turns off automatically once it has reached a certain time. I can set this for 9 hours, go to work, come home, and a few minutes after I get home my food will be turned off and ready to serve for dinner.

Time to Heat
        I feel like this particular pot takes a little longer than others to heat up. My usual pot was at full heat within an hour but this one seems to take two or three before I feel it is as hot as it is going to get for that particular temperature setting. Overall, a great pot but sometimes the heating is slow. It can take a while to heat up and melt chocolate or cheeses.

Cooking Performance
        This cooks well. It can take a little while to get to full heating but it is worth the extra money for the added peace of mind that it will shut off automatically.

It's easy to clean this pot. It wipes and rinses out so easily. The material is designed so that food doesn't stick so much to the pot and it works out great for me.

This is simple to use. I set the timer, set the heat, and forget it. The only real cons of this are that when I have gloves on in the kitchen, the digital reader doesn't always register my finger tips but as long as my hands are dry and bare, it does just fine. It's so simple to set and forget this pot. It times for a full 24 hours so I don't have to worry about an 8 hour shut off like my old pot.

The design is great for me. The only thing I would change on the design is perhaps adding in a removable piece of stoneware so that the pot is even more simple to clean.

I've had this several months and it's holding up just fine.

Awesome!

Comments about Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker:

The Crock-Pot Six and a Half Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker is really a very satisfying purchase. I love crock pots in general because it is so great to be able to put dinner on and just leave it without having to worry about it anymore. I love the digital controls on this crock pot. I can easily set the crock pot to however long I need it on in thirty minute increments. Also it is really easy to set it to high, low, or even keep warm. We love to eat deer roast around here, and the six and a half quart capacity of this touch screen crock pot is absolutely perfect for them. I fix everything in it. From vegetable soup, to roasts, to slow cooked chicken and broccoli pastas the Crock-Pot Six and a Half Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker is truly amazing. It is so convenient! It heats up very fast so you do not have to wait before you begin cooking in it. It is great weather you are a beginner or a professional chef!

• Cooking Performance:

Good for someone who doesn't like to be in the kitchen

from Eustis, FL

Comments about Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker:

As someone who doesn't like to be in the kitchen hovering over the stove for a long period of time, I must say I enjoy using this Crockpot. I feel as though it's almost fool proof because not only does it come with a touch screen rather than the knobs that the conventional crock pots come with but I like that it comes with a timer. For me that means that I am able to follow a recipe to a tee and I have yet to burn or overcook my food. It is definitely worth the money. As a parent who almost never has time to stay in the kitchen cooking for an hour I can just dump my ingredients in this crock pot and keep it moving. I also love that it is so easy to clean as the pot portion in the center is removable and I don't have to worry about accidentally messing up the plug and electrical portions trying to clean the inside out. I also love that it heats up quickly and I don't have to worry about the heat not getting to certain parts of whatever it is I'm cooking.

Exceptional Slow-Cooker

from Lafayette, LA

Comments about Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker:

I recently used the Crock-Pot Programmable Touch Screen Slow-Cooker and I was thoroughly impressed. I did not know a slow cooker could be so high tech, but apparently that is the case now. With this crock pot, you can program the slow cooker to a certain temperature and set the time you want it to cook. This makes slow cooking even EASIER than before. I love how I can set the cooker to cook for exactly 6 hours and then stay on warm. I do not have to worry about rushing home after work to turn off my slow cooker. The design of this newer model is also very sleek and makes your kitchen look fancy. The size is perfect and easy to store in the pantry. The cost is more than a regular crock pot, but you do get what you pay for. These crock-pots are durable and will last you for many years. It is definitely a great investment. If you are new to cooking or an advanced cook, everyone can appreciate what this cooker has to offer. It's a must by for the kitchen.

• Cooking Performance:

Mother of all slow cookers!

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker:

I purchased this slow cooker when my other one stopped heating like it was supposed to. I have used slow cookers for years and was banned when my old one went out. I decided to do a major upgrade and go with the 6.5 quart with touch screen. I can not believe what I have been missing out on. First of all, it is huge. If you have a large family, this is definitely the slow cooker to go with. Secondly, it is programmable. I never thought I would really need this function until I actually used it for the first time. It is so nice to have so many settings and timers. It heats quickly and evenly and is very easy to use. It is all around an amazing slow cooker. I love it.

Very easy to clean. It is very large, so you can forget sticking the bowl in the dishwasher but it is simple to just remove it and wash it in the sink. Food does not stick to the bowl easily so it just rinses right out.

The stainless steel design makes this a very nice looking slow cooker. Matches all my other appliance.

• Cooking Performance:

Makes working parents lives so much easier

Comments about Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker:

There are so many reasons why I like this crock pot. I mean crock pots in general have made my life so much easier because I can set them up before I leave for work in the morning and when I get home there is a yummy dinner waiting for me and my family. But this specific crock pot is fantastic. The touch screen lets me set the perfect temperature and to set a timer to change it from cook to warm so the food does not get over done.

Time to Heat
        One of the fastest I have ever seen. The crock pot gets to the ideal temperature in adequate time to not worry about it.

Cooking Performance
        Every thing is done to perfection every time I have used it.

The removable parts make cleaning this a dream come true.

Nothing could be easier. We have become a crock pot family because all you need to do is plug it in add the food and press a few buttons and viola when I get home supper is ready.

Very attractive and fits well with the decor of my kitchen.

I use it ever single work day and have for over 6 months. Yes I would say this is can take a beating and work at optimum performance.