Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:
Crock-Pot
SCR500 GF
Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker, White SCR500-GF

Summary

This 5-quart Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker has 3 heat settings, including keep Warm, and features a fun flower print that will fit in perfectly with your serving peices or dishware! The removable round stoneware is dishwasher safe and has a Rinse Clean¿ stick-resistant coating.

Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker, White SCR500-GF

Basic, but functional

Comments about Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker, White SCR500-GF:

For what this is, a basic slow cooker, it is great. If you are new to using a slow cooker, or use one only occasionally, this is perfect. The price is reasonable, and it does what it needs to, cooks slowly through the day so you can come home to a hot meal.

There are no fancy timers, auto shut-off, or auto switching to warm mode, but if you don't want/need that, then this a great slow cooker. I started off with this model, and quickly fell in love with slow cooking and it's many advantages. I quickly discovered that I needed one with a bit more versatility (switching to warm mode automatically) to fit my needs and schedule. That was the only reason for upgrading my model to one with automatic features.

You would think one slow cooker is like another, and I might be inclined to agree, but having used another brand previously, I find that Crock Pot seems to provide a more even heating surface. This means I can let the food cook like it is supposed to, not opening the lid and letting it cook all day. With the other brand, I would have to lift the lid and give everything a stir to ensure everything cooked evenly, thus prolonging the cooking time because the temp drops every time you lift the lid.

I have been very satisfied with my Crock Pot experience, and although I have upgraded to a more digital model for most of my slow cooking, I still retain the basic white model as a backup, or to use in tandem when cooking party and holiday meals. I love them both, and recommend the basic white model to all my friends who are new to slow cooking.

Cooking Performance
This is a basic model, and keeping that in mind, it cooks great!

• Time to Heat:
  • Cooking Performance:

Lasted me 10 years

Comments about Crock-Pot 5-Quart Slow Cooker, White SCR500-GF:

I bought this as my first Crock Pot ever when I moved out on my own. It was a great price and I needed one. I used it for 10 years before I replaced it. It still worked great when I got my new one, however, I accidentally left it on all night and the knob on the front melted off. The handle on the top of the lid was also broken off at one point. All in all I would say this is a great purchase to have for a long time.

Time to Heat
I never had any problem with it heating up quickly. All my recipes turned out great

Cooking Performance
Everything I made came out just as it was supposed to.

The insert you can put in the dishwasher. I also put the lid in there. Then you just damp wipe clean the outside

Turn a knob and you are ready to cook!

A little heavy bulky but its a good size so I am not sure how it could be any less

Lasted me 10 years cooking, with only minor issues on other parts (knob and lid handle) mainly because of my own faults

• Time to Heat: