4.8

Cons

Easy, simple crock pot

About Me Avid Cook

Comments about Crock-Pot 5-Quart Original Slow Cooker:

This is the only slow cooker I've ever had, and I love it. I've never had any trouble with my food cooking too quickly or too slowly in it - my dinners always turn out great in my crock pot. It came with a strap to keep the lid on for traveling purposes, which has really come in handy. It doesn't have any fancy settings that some slow cookers have these days, but I like it just the same. Simple, easy and reliable.

Heating time true to recipes

Comments about Crock-Pot 5-Quart Original Slow Cooker:

I love this crock pot. I use it all the time. I bought another one that was fancier and digital and I keep coming back to this one. This is the most simplest crock pot with no bells and whistles but it get the job done. I love that it cooks my food evenly. I also appreciate that the temperature is true and the timing on recipes stay pretty accurate in this crock pot. This crock pot doesn't scorch my food or over cook it. My chicken stays moist and my potatoes and veggies cook great. My food does not come out soggy or overly dry with this crock pot. As with all crock pots its heavy and cumbersome to clean but it is only one pot versus many pots and pans you would have to wash if you were cooking the conventional way. I like that I can put all my ingredients in a recipe in this pot and walk away. The convenience is terrific. I definitely recommend that everyone get a crock pot and this model is great.

• Cooking Performance:

Not fancy, but it does the job!

Comments about Crock-Pot 5-Quart Original Slow Cooker:

I was in the market for one of the fancy programable slow cookers when someone gave me their used Crockpot. My previous slow cooker cooked very hot and left everthing overcooked. It also didn't have a removable insert, which was a huge pain to clean. I've been so happy with this one that was given me, I'm willing to wait on the programable features. The low setting is just right and things cook in the time frame that recipes say they will. Mine has a blue insert that is pretty enough to put on the table to serve in. This Crockpot gets a lot of use and I'm very happy with it.

Must have appliance!

from Piketon, OH

Comments about Crock-Pot 5-Quart Original Slow Cooker:

They sure don't make like this anymore! I love the "old fashioned" look of the original Crock Pot. We absolutely would be lost without ours and use it at least once a week for the best pot roast we have ever had! I love being able to put my ingredients in, set it where I need it, then just letting it do its thing! It makes everything tender, moist, and melt in your mouth! It is extremely easy to clean which is always good in the kitchen! I think every household is should own at least one (we have 2!) because it just makes cooking so much simpler and easier!

• Cooking Performance:

love the big size and sooo easy to use

from Warsaw, IN

Comments about Crock-Pot 5-Quart Original Slow Cooker:

I just got this crockpot for Christmas and I love it!  I have had a smaller crockpot for 10 years and needed to upgrade to the larger one now that I have 3 kiddos.  I love how easy it is to use and especially how easy it is to clean.  The ceramic bowl inside is removable so it cleans very easily.  Also it has 3 heat levels, low, high and warm.  Warm would be wonderful to use when serving food from the crockpot buffet style or taking it to someone elses home for a party.  The black and stainless steel coloring is also very sleek and modern looking, definately elegant enough to use for special occasions.  I've already used mine and am planning many more meals to make in it on all those busy days I have as a wife and mom of three.  I would recommend this to anyone who likes to make great homemade meals for their family but doesn't always have the time, or who has an unpredictable schedule.  I think it will also help us to save a lot of money by cutting out the evening rush to the fast food lane.