View more crock pots slow cookers

4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

This was the best crock- pot I have owned

I really love this crock-pot! It has lasted me so many years and without fail, is still working just as great as it did when I first purchased it. It cooks everything perfectly and such a sturdy crock-pot.

Time to Heat
It heats up pretty quick. What I really liked is the fact that it would get hot, but I could still touch it. I had other crock-pits that would get so hot that it felt like it burned if I accidentally touched it.

Cooking Performance
This is what I love the most about it. You place the lid on and it cooks perfectly. You do not need to do anything else. I had another crock-pot that I had to tie it with this band to secure the top on and keep the heat in. That was pretty annoying. It is too bad it is discontinued because I definitely love this crock-pot.

Clean up is pretty simple. Just wipe it down on the outside. The inside was pretty simple as well. I used to make a lot of pinto beans and I would just throw a little Clorox in it and it was like brand new

It is so simple to use that my kids would turn it on for me. You basically put your meal in, choose the temperature option at the touch of a button, and put the top on. That's it. No hard work and not rocket science

I love the fact that I can choose the temperature settings. You can cook it on low or high and you can choose how long you want it to cook for. I also love the warming feature. After it is done cooking, it automatically goes to warm mode so, your food stays warm even after it is done cooking

it is very sturdy. I think it is good quality. Heavy enough to withstand a falling, but not too heavy to pick up

Not the holy grail I was looking for

This is a good crockpot, but not great. We've had it for a few years, and use it maybe 3-4 times a year, so it's still in great shape. However, if the meals were better, we might use it more often. For some reason, the lid does not seem to fit perfectly onto the crockpot itself, which may be the reason why our food will occasionally come out dry, even with shorter cooking times. I've also noticed that our crockpot seems to have hot spots, and some of the food will be overdone while the rest of it seems fine.

Time to Heat
The crockpot seems to heat up just fine, though we do place it on a wooden cutting board to avoid any potential damage to our countertops from the unit overheating

The stoneware insert is VERY heavy and can be slippery when wet or soapy.

The glass lid doesn't seem to fit tightly onto the crockpot, which may account for some of our meals turning out dry. Also, the crockpot is VERY large and takes up a good deal of storage space. There's also no good way to store or contain the cord

We've had this crockpot for several years and it seems to be holding up fine, but we don't use it that often.

This was the best crock- pot I have owned

from Dallas,TX

• Cooking Performance:

It's like one of the family!

Comments about Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

This product really does feel like a part of our family. I love to cook, but stay on the go and have different family members at much different ages and this crock pot allows us to have a meal and meet our schedules. We love roast and potatoes, deer roast, chicken and chicken dumplings and this crock pot allows all those things to happen while nobody is at home. It has four different times on the timer but I always use the ten hour because I put it on early in the morning and then go off to work. What else can you leave in charge of the house and come home and dinner is ready? See, this crock pot is one of the family and it doesn't talk back. Plus, I hate to clean up behind cooking and there is nothing in the world easier to clean up than this crock pot. I don't know if all brands are this good or not because this is the only one I have ever owned. It has lasted for years. Also, if you like to cook soups and have a limited amount of time, simply cook your chicken overnight in the crock pot and the next morning it is done and you are hours ahead of schedule. In today's world, we all need something to save us time and this crock pot is exactly that! Best member of my family, and it doesn't talk back!

Wonderful Crock Pot!!!

Comments about Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

I own four crock pots, all crock pot brand, and this one by far is my absolute favorite. I really enjoy that I can set it in the morning before I go to work and food will cook and then the crock pot automatically turns itself to a warm setting to keep the food warm until I am home and my family is ready to eat dinner. The digital feature is, in my opinion, very worth the extra cost. With my other crock pots I would have to rush home to turn the crock pot to warm or worry that whatever I had cooking would end up overcooked.

Time to Heat
It doesn't take the crock pot very long at all to heat up. It holds the heat well.

Cooking Performance
I love the automatic settings and the fact that once the cook time is done the crock pot automatically turns itself to warm.

I just put the crock and the lid in the dishwasher and it comes clean every time!

This crock pot is super easy to use! I wouldn't trade it for any other!

Good design. No complaints.

I have had mine for four or five years at least and nothing has chipped, cracked, or broken.

I love my crockpot!

from Dallas, GA

Comments about Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

The Crock Pot 5.5 Quart oval slow cooker is so awesome! I have used it for years and it makes things that are so yummy! I use it to cook a pork shoulder or port butt and it makes it tender and so delicious! I clean out all the fat and am left with yummy, moist, delicious pork that I shred and put barbeque sauce on. It's so tasty.
This little machine can take different kinds of food and make it moist and tender because it cooks it extremely slow. You basically just set it and then check on it later. So easy! I have a different brand that is smaller and I don't like it. This one works great. I think some of them tend to get too hot too quickly (even on the lowest setting). You can fit a lot of meat in here too! I can easily cook an 8 pound pork shoulder in here.
I really like that it has different temperatures you can cook on and best of all, it has a setting to keep food warm once it's done. I use it for dips mostly or when there is something you want to stay hot during a party. I would highly recommend this crock-pot to anyone looking for one.

Great Crock Pot

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

This crock pot is a great option for the money. It features a one year manufacturer warranty but I never needed mine. It works great and has since its first use. I use it to make roasts, pulled pork and little barbecue smokies for parties and get togethers. I have signed up for a couple recipe websites to try out some more recipes using my slow cooker. This one is very easy when it comes time to clean up. The interior pot that cooks everything is removable and dishwasher safe, as well as the lid. I love anything dishwasher safe. The controls are very user friendly and simple. You can choose a high or low temperature setting. It also has a warm setting that comes on automatically once the food is done cooking in case you are not ready to eat or serve what you have cooked. It also features a programmable timer setting so that you can turn it on in the morning before work then come home to a fully cooked meal with no hassle. Mine came with a basic recipe book as well but I have not tried any out of it yet.

Awesome Product

from Red Hill, PA

Comments about Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

I cook with a crock pot once per week. I put the food in slightly thawed by a microwave. With this crock pot, I can put the meat in frozen and the food will still turn our perfect. I love the different settings. It comes in handy especially if I wait too late to start the meal and I need it to cook quick OR if I have to start the meal early and then it can just cook all day. The size of the crock pot is another awesome bonus! I can fit soooo much in it. With a family of six, that is really important to me. I have no problem fitting a whole chicken in it or a family size of pork chops or chicken. The food cooks evenly and pulls right off the bone when finished. Cleaning up is easy too. I just pull it out of the unit, soak it and throw it in the dishwasher. Easy, peasy. There is a downfall though. The handle on the lid broke. I think since I use it so much and with the constant heat, the handle has reached it's limit. I'd really like to see a handle that could last longer.

The Crockpot I have been waiting for

Comments about Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

I really love Crockpots and I have only really like the ones with the Crockpot name. I use this product several times a week. It is very inexpensive, especially when compared with other small kitchen appliances. And if you look at the cost/use, it is really inexpensive. I make homemade yogurt, slow cook meats, and make all sorts of other things in my Crockpot. Nothing is easier than putting something in, in the morning, and having dinner ready at five. Plus, it fills the house with the aroma all day long.

Time to Heat
Quick heating up to high temp, if needed.

Cooking Performance
Has even heating and true to temperature heating.

While the bowl is very heavy, it has not leaked inside before. The outside of the machine is easy to wipe clean.

It really can't get much easier, plus they've added a timer if you like switching from high to low during the day when you are not there to change it.

It is a great addition to any kitchen decor, not an eyesore.

Mine has lasted for years.

• Cooking Performance:

Yay! I'm not a slave to the kitchen!

from Pleasant Hill, CA

Comments about Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

One of my favorite things about the crock pot is that you dump stuff in, leave the house then several hours later you arrive home to dinner waiting for you. I've made tons of stuff in the crock pot. Applesauce, roast chicken, beef stew, you name it! I love taking the crock our for cleaning. I also have an old-timey crock pot (you know, the one from the dark ages where it's one big unit and the crock doesn't remove for cleaning?) and this newer one is a thing of beauty. As long as I remember to spray a little cooking spray (Pam, etc) into the crock before firing it up, it cleans fairly easily. Also great for feeding a crowd. You can make some killer chili in this thing. I also like to throw in a bunch of frozen chicken drumsticks with some barbeque sauce and let it rip! Dinner time...voila...chicken is served! Great gift for the newlyweds or even for someone moving into their first place. As a busy working wife and mom, I don't know what I'd do without my crock pot!

Best crock pot EVER!!!

Comments about Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

I love this crock pot because it has a few choices for time settings. I can choose from high or low and set a number of hours for it to be on. I also like that it has a warm setting. The crock pot is easy to clean as well. The lid fits perfectly so food cooks perfectly.

• Cooking Performance:

I like this crock pot. ...

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

I like this crock pot. For all the obvious reasons (an easy dinner, a ton of recipes out there!) a crock pot is an essential kitchen appliance. This one is simple, easy and has held up over time

Time to Heat
I find this crock pot cooks food perfectly. It gets warm but not too warm.

Cooking Performance
I love most things I make in this crock pot (minus a few kitchen mishaps--blame it on teh recipe!). The chicken comes out moist and tender -perfect

The base is easy to wipe down and the inside fits in our dishwasher! Totally easy to clean

This crock pot has only 4 settings so its pretty simple to pick either 4 , 6 , 8 or 10 hours of cook time!

I think this size crock pot is large for most kitchens and can be difficult to store. But the overall design is fine!

This has lasted me several years and shows no signs of wear!