Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:

Crock-Pot 4-Quart Round Slow Cooker

Pros

Cons

• Cooking Performance:

Best deal for a small household

I've had this crock pot since 2002 and it's moved with me all over the country. It's gone through two recalls - first the crock and lid were replaced, then the unit itself. I use it at least once a week, and my recipes are perfect every time. I love using this for a small pork or beef roast to shred for taco night!!! The downside of this crock pot is because it's small you are limited to small roasts and recipes. I often have to cut meats into sections in order to fit everything in the pot. But if you have a small houshold with 1-3 people, buy this one! When I need fast cleanup I use a reynolds slow cooker liner. Overall the crock, lid and unit are very easy to clean and I usually don't even need to put it in the dishwasher. I will soon upgrade to a larger crock because I want a "warm" feature and a timer but will keep this on hand for smaller recipes. This crock pot is worth every penny.

Cooking Slow and Easy

When cooking for a family of four, I enjoy seeking out new and exciting recipes. When a recipe calls for the use of a slow cooker? I'm drawn even closer to attempting the recipe! Sometimes, people don't have the time to cook a full meal for themselves or their family and turn to processed packaged foods to save time. Other times, families just enjoy cooking an easy yet, scrumptious meal that doesn't consume your life in the kitchen.

I love my Rival 3040-VG 4-Quart Slow Cooker! I'd like to upgrade to a slow cooker with a timer but, this will do for now and perfect for the budget. The silver and black color design matches most contemporary and modern appliances and the pieces remove easily. However, I do have some minor complaints.

*Spills inside and outside of the cooker does happen, they are very difficult to clean...if they can even be cleaned.

*The handle on the lid broke off a few months after purchase, I had to replace the handle with one of my pot handles. The strange part was the screw broke in half as well, please be aware of this and check your food carefully if the handle should break during use.

*The bowl although black, does start to stain and can be difficult to clean.

Other than those complaints, my food cooks evenly! You do need to adjust cooking times as a majority of the time, my food cooks quicker than expected.

Great Crock Pot

from Denham Springs, LA

Comments about Crock-Pot 4-Quart Round Slow Cooker:

I ordered this slow cooker when it was on sale to use along side my other larger slow cooker. At first glance I was doubtful this would be large enough for my family of four, including two growing boys. I quickly discovered this slow cooker easily prepared chicken fajitas, spaghetti sauce, and taco soup. It allowed for enough room to feed the family and two meals worth of left overs. My family has complimented several times about how nice looking the slow cooker is as well.

Time to Heat
This 4 quart slow cooker heats well, evenly, and quickly.

This crock pot is easy to cook because the pot comes out of the heating element. I am able to put it in the dishwasher or let it soak over night.

This slow cooker is super simple to use. It comes with a basic cook book on using slow cookers that will help any beginning slow cooker user.

Very simple design goes with any kitchen decoration. It looks sleek and fits under the cabinet well.

my favorite kitchen appliance

Comments about Crock-Pot 4-Quart Round Slow Cooker:

This crockpot is by far my favorite kitchen appliance and I use it at least once a week. I've had a few different crockpots but this one heats up the fastest and has the most even cooking. It is very simple to use just plug it in and turn the knob to the heat setting you want. The outside doesn't get very hot which is nice because I am prone to burning myself in the kitchen. I have used it to make soups stews roasts and tomato sauce and I was always extremely happy with the results. I've never had anything burn even when I forgot to turn it off. The only partial negative is that if you dont clean it right away you havre to let it soak to remove the mess but I recently started using liners for easy clean up. The lid seals nicely so it keeps in the heat and doesnt make a mess of dripping condensation on the counter. The price was excellent and I've had it a few months now. I havent had any problems and there hasnt been any degredation in its efficiency. I recommend this crockpot to everyone I know!

• Cooking Performance:

Most used appliance in my home!

Comments about Crock-Pot 4-Quart Round Slow Cooker:

I love this crock pot!! It is literally one of the most used appliances in my house. I love that you can use it during any season. This crock pot is so easy to clean too. The actual crock is removable and is handwashing and dishwasher safe. I have used it so much in the years that we have had it and you would never know because of how clean it is! Love! It's a perfect wedding or new house gift for any couple or single person!

Time to Heat
It doesn't take long at all to heat up. Usually I turn it on and then start added all of my ingredients. By the time I'm ready to "set it and forget it" the crock is warm/hot to the touch.

Cooking Performance
If a recipe ever doesn't turn out like I had hoped, it is totally the cooks fault, not the appliances' fault. This is the most wonderful crock pot out there. I can not say enough about how great it is! I can use this for chicken, beef, soup or hearty thick meals.

I don't think it can be easier to clean. The actual crock is removable and is handwash and dishwasher safe. After use I usually soak it over night in warm soapy water and spray it clean the next morning then continue with the normal washing. It still looks close to brand new even though it is years old.

The "set it and forget it" philosophy is alive and well in this appliance. It is the easiet thing to use. The recipes I have actually tell you what time and temp to set it at and the crock pot does all of the rest for you. It's fantastic!

It's not too big, not too small, not too heavy. It's just right! I like that our's is darker so even if there were signs of wear they would be harder to see.

Our crock pot is used very often and hasn't shown any signs of stopping. We have used it for years and it keeps cooking our food fantastically. I love this crock pot!

Crock Pot slow cooker

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Crock-Pot 4-Quart Round Slow Cooker:

When my first slow cooker died, I purchased the Crock-Pot 4 Quart Slow Cooker and I absolutely love it! It has 3 heat settings: low, high, and warm. It's very easy to set up, it only has 3 parts and it's very easy to use. You just add all of your ingredients, plug it in and set the desired temperature and it cooks everything thoroughly, no stirring required!
I cook everything in this slow cooker including soups, chicken, pork chops, chicken Alfredo, steak, dips, and so much more! It's very versatile and my meats always come out thoroughly cooked and so tender! I also love that it holds 4 entire quarts of food so I can serve larger groups of people with one dish.
Cleaning this crock pot is also very easy. The part that holds the food is removable and dishwasher safe and it also wipes clean easily.
This is the best slow cooker I have ever owned and the price was so low! I use my Crock-Pot slow cooker at least once a week for the three years I have owned it and it still looks and cooks like it's brand new! Overall, it is a great investment and a real time saver!

A Crock Pot to Remember!

Comments about Crock-Pot 4-Quart Round Slow Cooker:

I was very intent on cooking everything at home but did not know how to balance the cooking with a full-time job. One day at work, I wondered out loud how people with children are able to make dinner and work full time. Apparently, I was the last person in the office building to hear of a crock-pot.

Fortunately, one of my friends gave me the 4-Quart Crock-Pot Slow Cooker as a gift. She also included a booklet of recipes she used with her crock-pot. That was five years ago and my 4-Quart Crock-Pot Slow Cooker is still going strong!

It is a very simple machine to use. It only has two settings and the off switch. I find most of my recipes online and adapt them to the size of the 4-quart. Many recipes are for 6-8 quart machines but I only cook for myself so a larger machine and larger recipes would mean a freezer filled with meals that never get eaten. The 4-quart Crock-Pot Slow Cooker is the perfect size for me. It yield enough for a few meals at a time.

I have used the 4-Quart Crock-Pot Slow Cooker for soups, stir fry, seitan, desserts and more. Clean up is fairly quick and painless. Just use a sponge and a good rinse and your 4-Quart Crock-Pot Slow Cooker is ready to be used for the next meal again!

Great Crock Pot for such a great price

Comments about Crock-Pot 4-Quart Round Slow Cooker:

My husband and I received this Crock Pot as a wedding gift and even though I have not used it as much as I would like, I love it. This is a pretty basic model and has only three settings, but really that is all you need. The handful of times I have used it, our meal has come out perfectly. We do intend on using it a lot more, especially since times have gotten tough and crock pot meals are pretty inexpensive and easy to make. Just throw all the ingredients in, set it and by the time you come home you have a nice warm cooked meal. Can't beat that.

Good Crock Pot, bad lid handle

Comments about Crock-Pot 4-Quart Round Slow Cooker:

I have owned this lovely Crock pot for about 5-6 years. Within the first year the handle broke off the lid, but i still used the lid just had to use thongs to put it up. I have used it to make soup, chicken for freezing for later, desserts and apple cider. Cooking times are pretty much what recipes say, so does what it is supposed to do. Last year i found out if you call the company with the model number and serial number they will send out a new lid at no cost to me. It took about a week to get to me. Works great! I just wish i knew that company was that great. I would have called when it first happened and avoided steam burns.

Time to Heat
Starts to get hot as soon as i turn it on.Cooks at great speed. I have never had a problem with having to cook longer then any of my recipes. Love the warm setting, keeps dinner warm without drying it out.

Cooking Performance
Great cooking performance. I have never had a problem with cook time. I have never had a problem with dry food. It keeps meals moist and fresh tasting.

Cleaning is pretty easy. Only had to use the bags maybe once for BBQ items. I just didn't want to clean out sticky stuff. I use soap water and a sponge for other foods.

Easy to use. Don't have to worry if food is cooked to right temp by checking and rechecking after hours of cooking.

Love the look, very easy to use and store. Doesn't take up much room when on the counter top.

Other then the handle breaking on the lid. I would give it a good grade for durability and they did send me a new lid for free.

Love this crock pot

Comments about Crock-Pot 4-Quart Round Slow Cooker:

I have had this for about a year and it is still working great. I love being able to put everything in it and not worry about it till dinnertime. Soups turn out great and I love making shredded chicken in this thing. The size of this is a really nice in between size. The smaller one is too tiny and the larger would take up way too much space in my small kitchen, so this is perfect. But it still holds plenty of food and I have fed 6 people out of it before! I like that it is super basic, just a simple knob that can be turned to high, low, warm, or off. While it may not be as fancy as some, it gets the job done and keeps the price super low and affordable. The instructions even say the pot part can go through the dishwasher, although I still always hand wash for some reason. But even hand washing it cleans up really well and easily! I use it at least once a week and it is still going strong after one year.

Works Great!

Comments about Crock-Pot 4-Quart Round Slow Cooker:

I bought this Crock-Pot 4-quart slow cooker online on black Friday sales. I used to have a huge 10 quart slow cooker but it ended up being way to big and took forever to finish cooking. This 4-quart cooker ended up being perfect for the size of my family. I have made soup beans, roast, beef stew, ribs, vegetable soup and sloppy Joes in this cooker. It didn't nearly take as long to finish cooking as the bigger crock pot. I have a family of four. So if you cook for a bigger family of four, then if I was you I would go get a bigger a bigger slow cooker. For it just being a 4-quart cooker it is kinda small. But for me and the rest of the families who only cook for a family of 4 or less, it will be perfect.

Time to Heat
It really don't take too awful long to heat up. When I make soup it takes probably about 4 hours to heat.

Cooking Performance
Heats fast and cooks your food thoroughly.

Doesn't take too long too clean. You can either wash it by hand or use a dishwasher.

I can have Decent Food in my Dorm

Comments about Crock-Pot 4-Quart Round Slow Cooker:

I bought this whenever I moved into a dorm my freshmen year at college. Any college student can tell you about the typical cafeteria meal, so being able to fix my own food made me feel a bit more at home and boosted my morale. It is simple to use and doesn't take up that much space. All I would have to do is just throw in some tomato soup, broth, and veggies in the morning and by the early afternoon, I would have a wonderful vegetable soup. I even bought a cook book to be able to fix more intricate meals. Now in my sophomore year, I still use my Crock-Pot. If you use this in a dorm, beware; your room mate or neighbors might want to steal your food!