2.6

• Plan Options:
    • Features:
    • Customer Service:

The Best

I have had cricket for around 3 years and I love it. I can travel almost anywhere in the US and have service and not have to worry about the roaming fees and other nonsense. I pay 1 price about $63 including the taxes and insurance and get unlimited everything: local, long distance, text, no roaming, voicemail. I have found only 1 place where I don't pick up a signal where I live and that is a road that misses the signal for about 1 mile only. The only thing that I do not like about them is that like usual companies they are getting greedy and you better not be 1 day late in paying your bill hehehe.

I tell my friends what idiots they are because they have cell phone bills for around $150 or more a month and still don't have the features that I do. Or they use the phone with the calling cards and that adds up to a crazy amount of money.

Cricket Wireless

Cricket is another no contract cellular phone company. They have some very affordable unlimited plans, starting at $35 a month. They do have some of the newest smartphones available but since it is no contract you are stuck paying full price for the phones. They also have a good variety of basic phones if you are not a smartphone person. I signed up for this service since I could get unlimited talk, text, and data for very cheap. I am very happy this is no contract since I only kept it for a month. They told me I would get good service in my area but that was not the case. I dropped calls all the time and could barely use the internet on my phone unless I went off wi-fi. If your in a good coverage area this is a great option, unfortunately for me I was not in a good area.

Call Quality
I dropped calls a lot with this service.

Coverage
The customer service agent told me I was in a good area but I had horrible service. I could barely get the internet to work and dropped calls a lot.

Plan Options
They have a few options for unlimited usage that are all very affordable.

Features
Same as most phones, talk, text, and data.

Customer Service
They pretty much told me what they thought I wanted to hear just so I would sign up.

AWEFUL

from Scranton, PA

Comments about Cricket Wireless:

Very, Very, Very Unhappy. Bought 4 phones in March 2017. One phone is not charging at all, tried 3 different charges. Called warranty department. Was instructed to take the back on the phone off and check the expiration date of the battery. It is 2017-11-07. Which is my math is correct is 4 months prior to the purchase date of the phones. Went back to Cricket Dealer on Route 6, Scranton, they stated there was nothing they could do, that I had to call LG warranty department. The manager on duty even denied the fact that batteries have expiration dates, that I had to call LG. Check 2 of the other phones, they also had either a Nov. or Dec. expiration date. (My brother-in-law has the 4th phone so I could not check that expiration date). Called customer service, all they would do is file a complaint against the store. Asked for a refund for the line I cannot use, was informed that service in nonrefundable. Went on line to cricket customer service chat, was informed that this is an issue with the store there is nothing they could do to help. So, in short, bought 4 phones, with at least 3 of the phones having expired batteries months before purchase and the store has refused to help.

Horrible customer service

from Tampa, fla

Comments about Cricket Wireless:

The customer service is horrible and degrading! I called in and asked for a bridge pay payment, the person I spoke with set it up which was $20 and then an hour later I get a text message stating my card was charged the full payment which was $62, I immediately called to see why and the guy tells me that because my bill was due the same day I wasn't able to do the bridge pay,(understandable) the first girl I talked to set it up should have told me that instead of taking the payment, so now I've been charged $82 for both and I asked if it can be reversed due to the fact that my account would be overdrawn...he pretty much told me no and oh well that's on you not me....The representatives on the phone act like they are reading off of a screen once you say something. I will never recommend this company to anyone

Excellent prepaid service plans. Never had any issues...

from Richmond, VA

Comments about Cricket Wireless:

I have used Cricket service for years and I never had any problems like the ones that other reviewers have posted. I think that a small amount of the issues that they are describing could have possibly been at some of the third-party locations. The poor quality of cellular service and dropped calls can also be related to the distance of phone to the service tower. That is why it is important to always update the phone by using the *228 feature often, so that the user can get a better signal and service wherever they are in relation to the closest service tower.

Loyal Customer!

from Tucson Arizona

Comments about Cricket Wireless:

I've been using this cell service for over 15 yrs. I love the plans they offer. Very affordable so I can keep my whole family grouped together so we can all stay connected.

Best pay as you go!

from Florida

Comments about Cricket Wireless:

I have used cricket for 4 years with very very few problems that were solved with a simple phone call or ride up to the store I recommend 10 fold

Terrible customer service policies

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Cricket Wireless:

I was happy with Cricket until I added a second line. I got a 2nd line for my husband and ordered a phone for him. The phone wouldn't work. I had already activated it which cut ties with the prior company. All the warrenty department said was that I had to return the phone after the 7th day to get a new one under warranty. Otherwise I could go to a store and buy another one and return this one or send this one back then order a new one. The stores were out of this phone which is why I ordered it online. Plus buying a new one would cost a new activation fee. So now my husband is out a phone for a week. After being on the phone with 3 customer reps to get this solved and a wasted hour and half, I am really mad and upset with Cricket.

DO NOT USE CRICKET UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

LIARS LIARS LIARS

Cricket is Worthless

from Palatka Florida

Comments about Cricket Wireless:

I paid over 250.00 to get service with Cricket only to have absolutely no service at my home. I can not make phone calls unless I am outside standing basically in the street. I never receive inside calls.. We are switching back to our old service.. Cricket may be cheaper but you get what you pay for.. This is a worthless company..

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

CRICKET wireless needs to go out of business

from Terrell Tx

Comments about Cricket Wireless:

Cricket NEEDS TO BE REPORTED AND OUT OF BUSINESS. THEY ARE IN THE BUSINESS OF SCAMMING PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR HARD WORKING MONEY. INCOMPETENT HATEFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ATTACKS SOMEONE'S character if there's a neg post in the reviews of your experience.
CUSTOMER SERVICE is verbally abusive on the phone and condescending and incompetent. They r misleading and fail to stand by there word. Unlimited data is a scam and not UNLIMITED.. THEY R THE IRS SCAMMERS ..

Unethical service provider

from Des Moines, Iowa

Comments about Cricket Wireless:

My husband and I live in an area that is rather hilly, so adequate cell phone coverage can be difficult to find. We asked two different Cricket representatives (one on the phone and one in person, in the store) if we would be able to receive coverage in our hometown (even giving the location). We were assured that we would receive "excellent" coverage. So we paid $130 for service fees and activation fees and headed home, only to realize we had absolutely NO coverage in our entire town. When we talked to representatives on the phone they noted that the coverage in our area was weak, and the towers were some distance away. They have refused to refund our money. It is my understanding that it is unethical to lie to customers, and require money for a service which you do not provide. Will not use them or ever recommend them again. We had a similar situation with another cell phone company and that company promptly refunded our money.