2.7

• Plan Options:
    • Features:
    • Customer Service:

The Best

I have had cricket for around 3 years and I love it. I can travel almost anywhere in the US and have service and not have to worry about the roaming fees and other nonsense. I pay 1 price about $63 including the taxes and insurance and get unlimited everything: local, long distance, text, no roaming, voicemail. I have found only 1 place where I don't pick up a signal where I live and that is a road that misses the signal for about 1 mile only. The only thing that I do not like about them is that like usual companies they are getting greedy and you better not be 1 day late in paying your bill hehehe.

I tell my friends what idiots they are because they have cell phone bills for around $150 or more a month and still don't have the features that I do. Or they use the phone with the calling cards and that adds up to a crazy amount of money.

Cricket Wireless

Cricket is another no contract cellular phone company. They have some very affordable unlimited plans, starting at $35 a month. They do have some of the newest smartphones available but since it is no contract you are stuck paying full price for the phones. They also have a good variety of basic phones if you are not a smartphone person. I signed up for this service since I could get unlimited talk, text, and data for very cheap. I am very happy this is no contract since I only kept it for a month. They told me I would get good service in my area but that was not the case. I dropped calls all the time and could barely use the internet on my phone unless I went off wi-fi. If your in a good coverage area this is a great option, unfortunately for me I was not in a good area.

Call Quality
I dropped calls a lot with this service.

Coverage
The customer service agent told me I was in a good area but I had horrible service. I could barely get the internet to work and dropped calls a lot.

Plan Options
They have a few options for unlimited usage that are all very affordable.

Features
Same as most phones, talk, text, and data.

Customer Service
They pretty much told me what they thought I wanted to hear just so I would sign up.

Hidden fees for "prepaid" wireless services?

from Idaho

Comments about Cricket Wireless:

I figured this was a normal NO CONTRACT type of prepaid wireless carrier with 0 zero hidden fees. bought my phone bought two months of service the service then expired so what. I go back in to switch to a lower priced plan and they want to charge me a third month of the same level plan I was originally on plus reconnect fees, let me switch the plan after they have the money and then credit the excess back towards a second month at the lower price. What the? I did not sign up for a contracted plan never did. What part of prepaid don't they get. Seriously thinking of switching carriers because this is assinine. Nice one Cricket NOT!!!

never again

from stroudsburg pa

Comments about Cricket Wireless:

worst service ever, Sim card doesn't work and no refunds on them. 3 hrs on the phone nothing but a run around. and my number got ported out so now 2 more hours with verizon to get back on. never again

Problems with my phone

from Kingsland Ga

Comments about Cricket Wireless:

The worst service every!!!!!! Can't make calls, text, or use the wed. Three days straight now. Paying for something I can't use. I'm very disappointed...

cricket sucks big time !

from Kansas City, MO

Do NOT use cricket !!!
I would give cricket less than 1 star if I could. I bought a phone through their online store, paid for 2nd day air, and received it in 4 days ?
Second, when I tried to activate it online, the online activation does not work; when I called their number, the Indian guy that could not understand English very well said it happens frequently, he could not activate it either - not a good start thinking of switching to them.
I went and bought a T-Mobile (should have stuck with them anyway, but they did not offer the same phone) sim card but the phone is locked.
cricket says you have to be with them for 6 months minimum before they will unlock it - I was never with them because they could not activate the phone. I called this store (another foreign lady that could not understand English hardly) and she ran me around the same thing including a catch-22: She said it I had came to the store, they could have activated it BUT they use the same phone number and website to communicate with ?? and she said not to use cricket (I don't capitalize their name because they don't deserve such) online store because they have problems with it - why have a cricket online if it is no good ??? and she can't fix anything or unlock anything because they use the same online website and phone numbers that could not fix the problem.
Go with anyone else - but do NOT use cricket - they ripped me off for 114+ dollars and I have a useless brick now and they do not care at all.

Horrible customer service

from Plymouth, Michigan

Comments about Cricket Wireless:

UPS lost the sim card for the phone I am trying to bring to Cricket and Cricket refuses to do anything until UPS says it is truly lost -- 10 business days. This is a 9.99 sim card. Been on the phone for 2 hours and have been given so much bad information. DO NOT GO THERE.

never deal with them!!!!

from tampa

Comments about Cricket Wireless:

cricket sucks, they sold me 3 defective lg phs in 8 mths.. do not give a care, hung up on me 5 times!!!!

Cricket Wireless Great Service unless you want to leave.

from Plano, Texas

Comments about Cricket Wireless:

I used this company with a Microsoft Lumia 640 for over a year, and when I went to switch to a cheaper company, they refused to release my phone. They said I could get the unlock code from them in about one to three months, or when they got around to it. The supervisor that I spoke with was Marge, her employee number is 613009. This is the best they can do???

readonable

from houston tx

Comments about Cricket Wireless:

I switched from at@t which was very expensive an doesn't have unlimited data. Which cricket does and it's a very reasonable price

You call this service?

from Michigan

Comments about Cricket Wireless:

This is the absolute worst service I have ever come across my entire time of owning a cellphone. It doesn't ever work when I am in my house and I don't have a house phone so that's kind of important in case of an emergency. It almost never seems to be able to connect to the data, send a text or be able to let a call go through with out dropping it especially in a car, when I need to use my GPS app or in a building when I need it to work the most is typically when it fails. Basically it sucks and I cannot wait to switch to a different company.

so so was frustrated activating

from Latrobe, PA

Comments about Cricket Wireless:

Customer service is horrible had so much trouble activating when I went to the store they told me they couldn't do anything. I was beyond frustrated at them. So i went home and activated it myself. They tried to make me pay for a sim card twice. Data connection is fast though calling is okay messaging i haven't have a problem with yet

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand