Other Teeth Whiteners:
SUPREME
Crest Whitestrips

Crest Whitestrips

Works good, but not as good as I'd hoped

I read tons of reviews on Crest Whitestrips Supreme Professional Strength before I purchased them from Amazon.  I read, literally, hundreds of reviews on this product because I have tried SO many over the counter teeth whitening products, and I am searching for something that REALLY works.

I have been using Crest Whitestrips Supreme for just over 2 weeks, and I will give you my scoop.  To begin, be careful of tooth sensitivity, but do not let reviews that claim horrible pain stop you!  These strips do not bother me any more than any other strips I've tried.  I bought a tube of toothpaste for sensitive teeth to prepare myself.  I started using it about a week before using the strips, and have continued to use it while using the strips.  I have little to no discomfort.  First, I was using them once a day (30 minutes) because I read they are so strong.  That did not bother my teeth.  The first day I had minor, generalized tooth sensitivity, but that went away.  After a few days, I decided to try it twice a day, just to see what it would do.  The first time I used it twice a day, I did it once in the morning and once in the evening.  I eventually upgraded to using it twice in a row (for an hour) which does cause me tooth sensitivity, but it is bearable.  I don't use it twice in a row everyday.  I took everyone's advice and I do not brush my teeth before using the strips.  Brushing my teeth after works just fine for me.  When I feel like I need to get any build-up/grime off my teeth before I use the strips, I take a q-tip and dampen it and just gently rub that over my teeth.  That works to get them clean without causing any irritation, and it does not make them sensitive to the strips.

As for sickness from the strips, I do not swallow when I have the strips in.  It's a pain (annoying), but it works as I don't swallow any of the peroxide.  When too much saliva builds up, I gently drain it from my mouth over the sink (yuck! but it works).  As for saliva build up making it difficult to keep the strips in place, this is true.  That can become a challenge.

Now to the real deal!! Do they work? Yes, they do work.  It took me about 3-4 days to see a difference (I honestly forget exactly how long).  The results were slower and not as good as I was hoping for.  After reading so many great reviews, I was hoping to use half the strips and save the other half, because my teeth would be so white I would be able to save them.  I have been using them for 15 days, and there **really are** noticeable results, but I am about to start the second half of the strips because my teeth are not to my desired whiteness.

To conclude, be careful about tooth sensitivity but don't let that scare you away from trying this.  Just use sensitive teeth toothpaste, and brush your teeth after using the strips.  Don't swallow the peroxide!  Last but not least, these DO produce results!!!  These do work better than any other whitening strips I've tried.  I just wish they would apply Advance Seal technology to these, that would be fantastic.  I will update my review when I am finished using the strips to let you know if I've reached my desired whiteness.

Update 12/2/10:  I just finished off the box of whitening strips this morning.  My teeth are more white than they were when I wrote my previous review.  I'm more pleased with the whitening now, but I am still sad to say that I didn't quite reach my desired whiteness.  However, I am a daily coffee drinker, so if someone doesn't smoke or drink coffee, etc., these may be more effective.  Although I didn't reach my desired shade, these strips do work better than any other whitening strips I've tried (and that's quite a few!).  I do recommend these strips even though they are pricey.

bright, white teeth in a box

I have found that Crest Whitestrips were very effective at whitening my teeth.  I could see the strips working as I used them and it was very exciting.  The strips were easy to place on teeth, although taking the backing off could be a bit frustrating.  They were not terribly annoying on my teeth and I wore them as I watched tv. I found myself forgetting that they were even on my teeth.  I was very pleased with the difference in color I saw with my teeth.  The downside for me was that my teeth were extremely sensitive to the strips.  It did not bother me much when they were on but for the rest of the day my teeth were sore and sensitive.  I did not notice the sensitivity every day but it was a bit painful at times.  I ws pleased with the whitening but the teeth sensitivity issues I had almost made it not worth it for me to wear them.  I would probably use them again but maybe not as often and stretch them over a longer period of time to help my sensitivity.

Love it

from Davison, mi

About Me Parent

Pros

• Cleans My Teeth
  • Great Taste
  • Leaves My Breath Feeling Fresh
  • Protects Against Stains
  • Whitens My Teeth

• Everyday Whitening

Love this product!

wow

from tx

About Me Casual User

Pros

• Cleans My Teeth
    • Whitens My Teeth

Cons

• Pricey

works

A sense of belonging

from Nairobi, Kenya

About Me Frequent User, My best choice

Pros

• Cleans Hard To Reach Spots
      • Clean Teeth
      • Durable
      • Easy To Use
      • Gentle On Gums

Cons

• N/A, simply the best

• Bad Breath
      • Daily Use
      • Improves your self esteem
      • Prevent Cavities
      • Travel
      • Whitening

Comments about Crest Whitestrips:

My teeth were a nuisance, I remember one occasion when I was competing for Mr.United States International University, I used it and my breath was sweet,all over sudden every student asked me what's the formula and I shared with them after using the whitener my image transformed like a flash of lightening.

Wonderful Product

from palm springs, ca

About Me Casual User

Pros

• Cleans Hard To Reach Spots
      • Clean Teeth
      • Durable
      • Easy To Use
      • Gentle On Gums

• Whitening

Comments about Crest Whitestrips:

I purchased this product because I wanted to whiten my teeth and a friend told me to try these. I was a little apprehensive because of the price and I had tried other teeth whitening products that didn't work. I was surprised how easy the strips were to apply. I really could tell the difference after a couple of weeks. My teeth looked a couple shades lighter already! Love it. My teeth feel fresh and clean. I recommend this product to everyone looking for a easy way to whiten your teeth with great results.

Sensitive teeth

Comments about Crest Whitestrips:

My teeth are really sensitive, so this particular Crest Whitestrips product made my gums and teeth really sore. This is a shame because I find that Crest Whitestrip products really do have fast and clean results. If your teeth aren't super sensitive like mine are, then definitely go for it!

• Minimal Side Effects:

The product that makes you smile with confidence

Comments about Crest Whitestrips:

The first time I used this product was from a free sample I got from the mail. I used this product for about a month, then I ran out of stock. I then decided to buy a new pack because of the scent and its effectiveness in keeping my teeth white and clean. You need patience and consistency in using this product before you can see some good results. I use to suffer from some dental problems before using this product, but now my teeth looks and feel healthy. For some time now my dentist has been satisfy with the looks of my teeth. I do not have to go for regular dental check ups like I use to go. My only concern is the price, I wish it could be cheaper than what it cost.

I have tried several teeth whitening products, but so farvthis isvthe best in have used.

Minimal Side Effects
        So far I have not experinced any side effect, but you never can tell. I use to have a lot of problems with my teeth, but for quite a while now my dentist visits have been ok.

• Minimal Side Effects:

Looking for the perfect whitener strips

Comments about Crest Whitestrips:

I've been looking for a while for the perfect whitener, I find this very hard to do. I guess you could say I'm a perfectionist about my teeth.I brush them constantly and always looking for new and safe products to try out. I was excited to try out this whitener strips when I first heard about them and after brushing my teeth and using them I felt satisfied. After a few weeks waitting for the full results and change of the tint in my teeth I got to say it wasn't what I expected but my teeth do look really great. So I do recommend this product to people who want to whiten their teeth, I will continue my search though for the perfect whitener. I hope you guys like this product and comes out perfect with your teeth :D

The effectiveness was alright for me, to others it may just be perfect, but in the mean time ill look out for my perfect whitener.

Convenience
        Very easy to use.

Minimal Side Effects
        No side effects for me.

See results within days!

from Beaver, PA

Comments about Crest Whitestrips:

My mom is a dental hygenist and has been obsessed with us having white teeth for as long as I can remember. She brings the crest supreme whitestrips home for me and my brother to use all the time. They work so well that I have even sold them to a couple of my friends and my boyfriend. One of my friends complained of horrible pain from them, but she also is a smoker and complains her teeth always hurt her due to her having sensitve teeth.

Other then that, I have never heard of anyone complain about this product. If you suffer from sensite teeth my mom suggests brushing with a floride toothpaste before applying the white strips.

I think this product is great! You see such a big difference within days!

Works good, but not as good as I'd hoped

from Steubenville, OH

Comments about Crest Whitestrips:

Crest Whitestrips are a good product for home use

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Crest Whitestrips:

I would recommend Crest Whitestrips if you're looking for an inexpensive way to whiten your teeth, while avoiding the dentist's office.  It is not going to be with those nice custom trays like the dentist makes you that fit your teeth exactly and keep all the nasty gel off of your gums.  The bleaching gel is an acid and is not good for your gums.  This also makes it hard to get the strip to bleach the area of the tooth closest to the gum, which happens to be the most yellow part of my teeth.

I had some mild sensitivity, but this can be remedied by using some Sensodyne toothpaste while you are bleaching.  Also, I don't recommend drinking coffee during or for 2 weeks after using the whitestrips.  Your teeth will look whiter at first, but they are just dehydrated and will start to darken after a few weeks. I also didn't like, how I felt like I was swallowing the bleaching material. But these are definitely stronger and work better than the regular whitestrips.

I would recommend to someone looking for a semi low cost option at whitening at home.