3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

Works well!

I was really excited to try the Crest WhiteStrips Classic for my wedding.  To my surprise, they worked wonders on my teeth.  I am a big coffee drinker so I had discoloration on my teeth.  There are two strips, one for the upper and one for the lower set of teeth.  You peel off the backing of the strip and then place them firmly on your teeth.  This step was slightly messy.  Some of the product got on my fingers when I was applying it.  You are supposed to have them on your teeth for 30 minutes twice daily.  I found it hard to concentrate on other things when I was wearing these.  The strips were secure but sometimes felt like they were going to fall off.  When I removed them, it left a gross residue on my teeth that I had to rinse and/or brush off.  Despite the residue and slightly unpleasant taste, these white strips worked really well.  My husband thought that they would not work as well as they did!  If you are looking for a cheaper version of the Crest WhiteStrips collection, I would recommend these.

These whitening strips work pretty well

If you are going to whiten your teeth and want the most "bang for your buck" these are probably a really good choice. They certainly **do** whiten teeth quite a bit. They work well and fairly quickly (considering the treatment is at home) and are not too overly expensive when compared to teeth whitening at a dentist (or some "higher end" products like the Rembrandt system). That being said, I personally won't use them again.

There are several reasons for this. Let's go with the factual stuff first, then I'll go with an observation that I, personally, believe is true about them. First off, they are messy. They're easy to use, sure. You peel off the backing and fit them to your teeth and they mostly stay in place. Easy. However, they are messy, **very** messy. They put what seems like a "little" bit of gel on the strips but when they are actually in your mouth, it feels like gallons. The gel would cause the whitening strips to move around on my teeth more than was comfortable for me and cause some of the gel to, inevitably, get onto my gums or in my mouth. It does *not* taste good! (Obviously it isn't intended to be 'eaten' but it's difficult to avoid tasting a bit of it, albeit on accident.) When you take them out, they are a gooey mess and my teeth always felt kind-of "filmy" even after brushing, for the first hour or two after using them.

Now here's the thing that I just kind-of felt like affected me, but isn't necessarily based in fact (meaning I don't think there's any proof that the product causes this or that studies have been done, maybe it's coincidence but it happened nonetheless). I used these quite a few times back when I was dating. You want to have nice, white teeth, right? I didn't do it every single day for weeks on end, but I would probably do it once every few months, sometimes a bit longer depending on how my teeth looked. After about a year and a half of this, my teeth were starting to become much more sensitive to heat, cold, etc. I have never really had a problem with that in the past and the timing could have been coincidence, but it happened right after I had been using them for awhile on a relatively consistent basis (I would consider every several months for teeth whitening consistent). I'm not sure if there are studies on long-term problems with teeth whitening or if there are any, but the timing always seemed conspicuous to me. Though, I believe this would likely be the case with continued use of **any** teeth whitening method, not just Crest Whitestrips, but I figured I should put it in there anyway since it was my experience with them.

All in all, if you are insisitent on whitening your teeth and want a quick, easy, relatively inexpensive method (for what it does), I would recommend these. However, if you just want to try it out and aren't that adamant about needing whiter teeth, I'd skip it. In my personal opinion, it's better for your teeth in the long run!

Works well, but does make my teeth more sensitive

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Crest Whitestrips Classic:

I have used these multiple times in the past. They have definitely brightened and whitened my teeth quite a bit, but they did make my teeth very sensitive for awhile. The do take a small chuck of time, but I found that it was worth it. Just put the strips on when you are watching tv or something. The gel on the strips sometimes has a weird taste, but it feels like its getting between the tooth also and not just the fronts so I like that. I would recommend these. I know they have ones now that take half the time, but I'm not sure what those are like. These work as long as you stick with doing it for two weeks. I would use them again, but at the same time might look into the 7 day ones. These are cheaper though.

I think that they worked pretty well. I noticed a difference and they stayed white after.

Convenience
There is the matter of making time for it every day, but they are also in small packages that can fit in your purse if you need to travel or just do them at while you are out.

Minimal Side Effects
They did make my teeth very sensitive. That bothered me a little. Other than that there weren't many other side effects.

• Minimal Side Effects:

good product but with side effects

Comments about Crest Whitestrips Classic:

These whitestrips are effective at whitening your teeth several shades over about 2 weeks. I'm not a coffee drinker or smoker so my teeth weren't overly yellow, just regular yellowing over time. I was pleased with the results once I had used up all the strips. They are fairly easy to apply. There is a thin layer of "goo" that keeps the strips stuck to your teeth for the half hour they need to stay there. Though the directions were to use them twice daily, I found that the strips made my teeth very sensitive after a few days so I reduced the uses to once daily. It took longer to use them up but it helped with the sensitivity. I'd say the biggest downfall of these is how sensitive they make your teeth. It affects your teeth while your using the strips and for a little while after. Eventually your teeth feel the same way they did before whitening, but it does take a little time. I'd use them again but maybe use a sensitivity toothpaste also and only use the strips once a day.

• Minimal Side Effects:

The first whitening product I had ever used

Comments about Crest Whitestrips Classic:

I only give this product an eight because I'm comparing it to the new and advanced crest products that are now available on the market. I'm really not even sure if they sell these anymore but I remember buying my very first box of crest white strips original. They worked wonderfully. What I love about this product is the fact that it was extremely effective. This product is also very convenient you can buy it from any local grocery or pharmacy for a very affordable price. Not to mention you can usually find a high-value coupon in the Sunday newspaper. I would recommend this product to anyone that wants a whiter more confident smile. This product definitely makes me feel confident. Also when I used this product and went to the dentist afterward he thought that I had my teeth professionally whitened so not even a professional could tell the difference.

This is definitely a highly effective product. My teeth where four shades whiter than they were before I started.

Just plain 'Yes'!

Comments about Crest Whitestrips Classic:

YES! If you are looking for whitening strips, buy Crest Whitestrips Classic.

I have tried a few teeth whitening products over the years, but I have to say that Crest Whitestrips Classic is still by far the best in my opinion. For starters, it is more effective than its 'supped' counterparts. It may take a longer period of time to get results (14 days as opposed to 7 or less like other brands), but in the end these results are better. For instance, I actually received compliments from other people about how pearly white my teeth were after using Crest Classic. And these individuals did not know I was using teeth whitening strips.

In addition to being more effective, Crest Whitestrips Classic is also the least irritating on teeth and especially on gums. I do not know whether it is because it has less additives, is less concentrated or what, but for some reason Crest Classic is quite gentle to use. And for me and my family, at least, this quality makes or break whether we use one brand over another.

On these grounds, I would certain say try Crest Whitestrips Classic (if you can find them)!

Crest Whitestrips Classic Is A Version I Will Not Use Again

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Crest Whitestrips Classic:

I was surprised to hear that this is the number one recommended brand. I do not think that this version works well. They are a hassle to use and they do not stay put. I drink a lot of tea and rarely drink coffee. I would like to use these when I drink tea, but they fall off too often. I think they might work if they stayed on. They move around too much, and they are sticky. When I place them on my teeth, it is a hassle as well. I have to leave them on my teeth for 30 minutes each time. I like to put the strips on my upper and lower teeth at the same time. The taste is overwhelming, which is a drawback. They are too strong. I prefer a much more subtle taste. You get a two weeks supply, which is 14 strips. I don’t like using these twice a day either, because they run out fast. I like the strips that I only have to wear once a day. These strips are not very effective, in my opinion. The results are minimal. They cost way too much for the way they work. I only tried this type of whitestrips by Crest once. I do not think I will try this version from them again in the future.

Pay a Little More and Get the Better Strips

Comments about Crest Whitestrips Classic:

First and foremost, these Crest Whitestrips Classics do work. You can definitely tell they are working after a week or so, and they do give you a brightened smile and whitened teeth. However, I also have a few problems with these whitening strips as well.

I have the same kind of problems with these whitening strips as I did with the early at home whitening strips. I kind of feel like this particular line never fixed those early problems. One of the problems is how messy they are. They tend to be messy and so they do not "stick" to your teeth very well and can slide all over the place. They are also not great for people who might have sensitive teeth or sensitive gums.

Overall, I would spend the little bit extra to get the 3D Vivid or 3D professional line. They are more expensive, but they work much better and don't have any of these problems. They may also not be great for people who are sensitive, but they are not as bad.

• Minimal Side Effects:

GREAT whitening, great price!

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Crest Whitestrips Classic:

These original Crest Whitestrips were the very first teeth whitening product I ever used (except for common whitening toothpastes, of course.) I was in college and although I have always taken great care of my teeth, I like iced tea, wine, blueberries, and other teeth-staining foods and drinks. So, I had slightly dingy, slightly yellowed teeth. I will agree with the other reviews that these strips were kind of tricky to use. Once you get the hang of them, they are very easy. But peeling off the strip, applying correctly, and making sure they are stuck to your teeth is a bit hard the first few times you use them. I also notice that the upper strip only covered my front 6 teeth, not the back ones. The lower strips were a bit too big, so I actually started cutting them in half. You leave them on for a half hour, use 2 strips per day, and in 2 weeks you will have results. I was able to drink water, tea, beer, etc... just fine with the strips on, but you shouldn't try to eat of course. When you peel them off, you'll need to brush or swish water in your mouth to get the sticky residue off. You will probably notice that your teeth will be pretty sensitive for awhile (mine became VERY sensitive after 3 days but this decreased 2 weeks after use.) I continued to use the product because after 3 days I noticed that my teeth were getting really white! At the end of the box, I had teeth that were as white as a celebrity's! They looked AMAZING. Everyone noticed, too. I would often have complete strangers tell me how white my teeth were. I ended up using these strips about once every year or year and a half. They are now very cheap (if you can find them for sale) due to all the new ones Crest has come out with.

• Minimal Side Effects:

This product did not work for me.

Comments about Crest Whitestrips Classic:

I hate the dentist and would do anything I can so I don't have to go see one, not even for my 6 month routinely cleaning. A few years ago when Crest first came out with their whitening strips, I went to the local pharmacy and purchased Crest Whitestrips Classic.
It says on the box that using them twice a day, in the morning and at night, you will have noticeably whiter teeth in 14 days. I began using them and followed the exact directions. I would put the strips on my top set of teeth, and bottom set as well once in the morning before I go to school, and once at night before I go to bed. At first, the strips would bother me a lot because the sticky stuff that is on them would get on my tongue and I would taste it. I got used to it after using them for a few days though. I would leave them on my teeth for 15 minutes longer than the recommended time. After 14 days, I did not notice any difference in the color of my teeth. They were not any whiter what so ever. The only thing I did notice was that they became more sensitive to cold beverages or foods.
I feel like I wasted my time and money on this product. I also brought major pain to my teeth from using it.

Crest whitestrips are okay

Comments about Crest Whitestrips Classic:

I tried Crest White strips a few years ago. getting your teeth professionally whitened cost a lot of money, which I did not have or want to spend, to get my teeth whitened. So I turned to Crest White strips original to do the job. Even after use I hardly could tell the difference. Even though I myself couldn't tell the difference, others did tell me that my teeth look whiter. Even though there was only a slight difference, I guess it was better then before. The white strips are designed to remove stains from your teeth to make them whiter. I thought the crest white strips were a little difficult to get and stay on. I also hated the taste they left in my mouth. I would recommend buying and trying a different whitening system.

The original Crest white strips did not work as well as I would have hoped for. After all said and done my teeth only got slightly whiter. I am a little disappointed with the results.

• Minimal Side Effects:

Whiter Teeth, but Eating Ice Cream Hurts Now!

from San Antonio, Texas

Comments about Crest Whitestrips Classic:

I drink coffee every day, a habit since I was nineteen. Consequently, my teeth are not at all like they used to be, and I've had several teeth that are noticeably stained more than others. Like many who have bought Crest Whitestrips Classic, I did not want to spend a lot of money getting my teeth professionally whitened, so I felt this was a feasible and rather inexpensive solution.

I was diligent when applying the product, so I did see noticeable results. My teeth got whiter, although the shading wasn't exactly uniform (understandably because several teeth are more stained than others). The product didn't taste too bad, and upon application, it doesn't cause too much discomfort. However, my teeth did get noticeably more sensitive after finishing the treatment. Drinking cold drinks, ice cream, and coming into contact with ice are painful, and were not problems for me before using this product. I'm hoping the sensitivity lessens with time, although I am worried about how my teeth will fare later.

This product did the job, but others may see more optimal results if their teeth are not as stained.

Convenience
You can purchase this product at the store, and not have to go through the trouble of scheduling and paying for professional whitening services at your dentist's office.

Minimal Side Effects
My teeth grew unusually sensitive after finishing this product.