Other Toothpastes:
Crest

Pros

Cons

I have a very dry mouth, ...

I have a very dry mouth, so I have to use Biotene toothpaste and other Biotene products in order to help my mouth create more saliva, which helps keep my teeth more healthy and less likely to decay. I use it every morning and I have sprays and gels for when my mouth begins to feel dry. But when I saw an ad in a magazine for** Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste**, I knew I had to try it. It claimed to do so many things, I wasn't sure I believed it could possibly do them all, but I was going to find out.

I bought a 4.oz tube of **Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste**about two weeks ago, and started brushing my teeth with my Biotene in the morning, and with the **Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste **before bed. What have I learned about **Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste**? Well, I have found that it's THE BEST toothpaste I have ever used.

Not only is my mouth dry, but I have very sensitive teeth. That's not a problem with this toothpaste. It doesn't bother me at all. In fact, What it does do is make my teeth and mouth feel very clean. It's a little different feeling than most toothpastes. It's a little gritty. I love that about it. Somehow, that grittiness seems to clean my teeth better.

**Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste **is a "*Flouride Toothpaste for Anticavity, Antigingivitis, and Sensitive Teeth*." It fights cavities and gingivitis, helps control tartar, whitens your teeth, and freshens your breath. It has a very refreshing, clean tasting mint flavor, too. There's nothing this toothpaste doesn't do except brush your teeth for you.

**Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste **provides everything that dentists recommend. It's accepted by The American Dental Association as providing everything it says it provides when used as directed. It makes your mouth more clean in the morning than other toothpastes, when you brush with it at night. When you wake up you certainly don't want to go breath on anyone! Let's be real...no toothpaste or mouthwash works THAT well. But my mouth really does feel cleaner than it used to in the morning since I started brushing with **Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste **before I go to bed.

***Proctor & Gamble**,*who make and distribute this toothpaste say, "***Crest Pro-Health**uses a Polyfluorite System consisting of antibacterial fluoride and ActivClean Crystals. Wake up with a cleaner mouth in the morning with Crest Pro-Health.  Effective day or night, Crest Pro-Health Night is formulated with a unique nighttime flavor. With regular twice a day brushing, Crest Pro-Health provides these benefits:*

- *Fights Cavities *

- *Fights Plaque *

- *Fights Gingivitis *

- *Builds Increasing Protection Against Painful Sensitivity *

- *Fights Tartar *

- *Whitens Teeth by Removing Surface Stains *

- *Freshens Breath*"

Some people think the mint taste in ***Crest Pro-Health ***could be stronger, but people like me with sensitive teeth are used to much milder tasting toothpastes, so this is a huge improvement. It's much more minty than Sensodyne or any of the leading brand's "sensitive formula" toothpastes. It's very refreshing, in my opinion.

**Indications:** *"Aids in the prevention of cavities.  Helps prevent gingivitis.  Helps interfere with the harmful effects of plaque associated with gingivitis.  Helps control plaque bacteria that contribute to the development of gingivitis.  Builds increasing protection against painful sensitivity of the teeth to cold, heat, acids, sweets or contact."*

**Warnings: ***"When using this product** **do not use for sensitivity longer than four weeks unless recommended by a dentist.  Stop use and ask a dentist if** **the sensitivity problem persists or worsens.  Sensitive teeth may indicate a serious problem that may need prompt care. Keep out of reach of children.  If more than used for brushing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away."*

**Active Ingredients: ***Stannous Fluoride (0.454%) and (0.16% w/v fluoride ion)***Inactive Ingredients: ***Glycerin, Hydrated Silica, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Propylene Glycol, PEG 6, Water, Zinc Lactate, Trisodium Phosphate, Flavor, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Gluconate, Carrageenan, Sodium Saccharin, Polyethylene, Xanthan Gum, Titanium Dioxide, and Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).*

**Directions:** *"Do not swallow. Adults and children 12 years & older:**  **apply at least a 1-inch strip of the product onto a soft bristled toothbrush.  Brush teeth thoroughly for a least 1 minute twice a day (morning and evening) or as recommended by a dentist.  Make sure to brush all sensitive areas of the teeth. Children under 12 years:** **ask a dentist. Products containing stannous fluoride may product surface staining of the teeth. Adequate toothbrushing may prevent these stains which are not harmful or permanent and may be removed by your dentist.  This Crest is specially formulated to help prevent staining.For complete oral care, brush twice a day, floss daily and visit your dentist regularly."*

I wish I could use ***Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste ***morning, noon, and night. I would if I didn't have the stubborn dry mouth problem that Biotene Toothpaste helps so much. I'll continue to use ***Crest Pro-Health ***every night, though. I love the protection it provides for my teeth, the fact that it helps whiten my teeth, the way it helps kill bacteria that causes bad breath, the fact that it doesn't bother my sensitive mouth, and the way it makes my teeth and mouth feel so clean and fresh. I had my doubts about this toothpaste, but it proved me wrong. I like being wrong in cases like this.* *

Is Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste safe to use?

I've never been in the market for a specially formulated toothpaste for nighttime and didn't even know that one existed until I stumbled across **Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste**.  At first glance, it sounded like a great toothpaste that would benefit someone like me, who has suffered from various problems with my teeth since childhood.  However, after using this product and reading the label more clearly, I truly wonder if this is safe to use.

Let's start with the good stuff.  This toothpaste claims to help prevent cavities and gingivitis, fight plaque, build protection against tooth sensitivity, freshen breath, and to whiten my teeth by removing surface stains.  Sounds great right?

Now comes the wary stuff.  **Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste **is only for adults and children older than 12 years old.  It contains stannous fluoride, which may produce surface staining on teeth.  *Crest* claims that these stains are not harmful or permanent and that they can be removed by my dentist.  I don't understand how a product that claims to whiten teeth by removing surface stains can also cause surface stains?

No matter what the claims are about this toothpaste, I will not purchase it again.  There are other toothpastes available that can do pretty much the same things without the possibility of staining my teeth.  Also, the taste of this toothpaste isn't very strong and while my teeth feel clean after I use it, I don't feel that my breath is minty enough.

I do not recommend purchasing **Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste**.

Too tingly

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste:

I have previously purchased and tried this Crest Pro Health Night Time Toothpaste and I was not really impressed with it. One thing that I do know about is teeth products and this one was not really that good. The first thing I did not like about this crest Pro Health Bight Toothpaste was that it left my mouth feeling kind of numb and tingly but tingly in a bad way. It made my mouth feel like it was asleep and that pins and needles were sticking me in my mouth and gums. I also felt that this toothpaste did not have a minty enough flavor as it tasted more mediciney and not enough like toothpaste. I do believe that this Crest Pro Health Night Toothpaste did get my teeth clean enough it did not give me the nice clean and minty feeling when I was done. Also if you catch this toothpaste on sale it is a pretty reasonable price otherwise it can be kind of expensive for a toothpaste.

Night Toothpaste

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste:

Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste provides great all night protection. Unlike the name of this product from crest I actually use it both in the morning and at night before I go to bed. I guess it works on your mouth while you sleep offering all night protection.

Great Toothpaste

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste:

I recently switched from Colgate to rest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste, and I love it. It has the perfect flavor and a really enjoyable taste. It's a great helper on fighting cavities. And helps me to maintain my gums healthy.

Crest Pro-Health user for years.

from Brooklyn, MI

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste:

I've been using Crest Pro-Health for years now. I'm getting old, and I've spent a lot of money on trying out various different brands of toothpaste. I've been through all of the baking soda brands and the fruit-flavored brands (can't stand those), but Crest Pro-Health stands head and shoulders above the rest. It's the only toothpaste that tastes good enough to me to want to brush my teeth twice a day. It's not super high in fluoride which I love, as I've read online that it can be quite bad for you in the long run. It's got some fairly rough bubble/crystal type objects in it, almost like sand, that do a great job at scrubbing away all of the silt and sludge from your teeth. Like I said, I'm getting old; cleaning my teeth well is necessary if I want to keep 'em for much longer. Oh, one last thing...if anyone is looking to buy Crest Pro-Health, make sure you get the 'Night' variety. The 'Day' variety just doesn't seem to taste or work quite as well.

Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste is morning time freshness

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste:

I love this toothpaste. I hate waking up to a morning mouth so over the years have tried lots of brands of toothpaste to keep my teeth not only healthy and less avoid dental problems but was alway looking for something that would not leave my mouth do dry when I woke up. My friend suggested that I try Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste. She said she like the feel of cleaness that this toothpaste offerered not only when she brushed but lasted all night and she woke up to a clean feel in the mornings. I had a hard time believing this toothpaste would be different but decided to give it a try. I have to admit that it did refresh my mouth and I loved that just cleaned at the dental office feel that I had after just one brushing. And what was really great, my sensitive teeth weren't sensitive like they normally were. The blue color of the toothpase is like a clean flowing lake and I give it a thumbs up. Crest has always make trusted products but this one is fantanstic.

Do something for your teeth while you sleep

from Tustin, CA

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste:

I love this Crest Pro-Health Night time toothpaste. I enjoy having separate nighttime toothpaste and a daytime toothpaste. I believe that it makes a difference in how diseases are fought at night and that I'm doing something positive for my health. I really like the flavor - mint - it's classic and refreshing. I wish it came in a bigger bottle because it felt like I went through it quickly. I like the little mint beads in the paste (gives it a gritty texture) and like the feeling of them breaking up when I'm brushing revealing a refreshing taste.

I found that my breath is more refreshing in the morning after using this toothpaste and that my breath isn't so bad. I wish it came in other flavors though.

Crest Pro-Health is a great line of toothpastes

from Bradenton, FL

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste:

I really didn't give much thought to toothpastes until I happened upon a Crest Pro-Health toothpaste about a year ago. I bought it on sale just because the price was good, but I discovered that this toothpaste really made a difference in how clean my mouth felt. Since then, I've tried several toothpastes in the Pro-Health line and I can honestly say that I've loved them all. I especially love this nighttime toothpaste because I feel like I wake up with better breath than before and my teeth don't feel quite as gross. I like the taste of the toothpaste, too, and it has made a difference in my dental checkups. I noticed that my hygenist spent less time scraping plaque off of my teeth during this dental visit; I attribute that largely to the Crest Pro-Health line. Thanks!

from Panama City, FL

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste:

I wasn't really a fan of the regular Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste because it always left a bad taste in my mouth. However, I feel the opposite about the Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste because it leaves my mouth with a light taste after brushing them and it's still the same way when I wake up in the morning. I like that it only takes a little bit of this toothpaste to get the job done. Sometimes I have to brush my teeth twice with other toothpastes in order to get that clean feeling that this toothpaste gives me after only one round of brushing my teeth. What I was most impressed with is that this toothpaste has made my teeth whiter. Not only have I seen a difference, other people have also committed on my teeth being whiter. This had led to me feeling more confident and laughing more than usual, it feels great. This is a product that I recommend that everyone and anyone use because of the whitening results only after two weeks of use.

Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste measures up!

from Naples, FL

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste:

I have been having problems with sensitive teeth and I went to the dentis and she recommended that I try Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste for a few weeks to see the difference. I found the tooth past to be a bit pricy compared to my regular brand but if it came recommended by my dentist I would give it a try. I like that I don't have to use a lot of toothpaste on my toothbrush and it foams in my mouth and I get a very nice clean breath. I used Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste faithfully for two weeks and now I am a convert. I have noticed a huge change on my sensitivity and my teeth have become whiter with the use. My dentist also noticed a change when I went for a cleaning this last time. She didn't have to scrape like she normally does. I find that when I use the toothpaste at night my mouth aslo feels cleaner in the morning. I would recommend this toothpaste to anyone who is looking for fresh breath and whiter teeth!

good value

from Atwater, OH

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Night Toothpaste:

I bought the Crest Pro-Health night toothpaste simply because it was on sale one week, and really for no other reason other than that. I didn't know much about it, other than it was from the trusted Crest brand name. My goodness, I am so glad I tried it! It does not have a super strong mint flavor, which I prefer, and it sounds so cheesy, but it really does leave my teeth feeling squeaky clean. I can't stop running my tongue over my teeth because they are just so clean feeling. When I brush with it, it feels better than it does when I leave the dentist...it's that good! I also have discovered that it helps take care of those sensitive teeth that react to cold or hot items. Since I've been using Pro-Health, I haven't had much of a problem with the cold sensitivities I did at one time. Furthermore, you can't beat the price for the results that you end up with. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to experience very clean teeth, for the cost of any regular tube of toothpaste.