3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse

The first time I tried this mouthwash was when I had a coupon and the company had added an extra travel size with this bottle at time of purchase. I couldn't resist the savings. The shape of the bottle makes it easy for someone to hold while taking off the cap. The cap is pliable enough so squeezing the sides to activate the lock in the cap an easy task. The mouthwash itself is fantastic. The flavor is just the right intensity of mint, not too strong to be over powering and not too weak where you wouldn't know you had used it. It has a very pleasant after taste. In the past using some mouthwashes, the after taste was so strong I had to rinse my mouth with water after using their rinse. With this one, Crest Pro Health, I don't have to rinse afterwards with water. I use this mouthwash after brushing my teeth every day, but I also use it during the day when I need and want a quick refresher for my mouth and teeth. I have found when using this mouthwash that I don't need to use as much as some other brands to get the desired results I am looking for. Since using this mouthwash, I have had a healthier overall oral care experience.

Multi Protection- good; aftertaste- bad!

I am always buying and trying different types of toothpastes and mouthwashes. My family knows I am very stern and serious about good oral hygiene. It is so important to protect and promote healthy teeth and gums. Crest is a brand I have always trusted in. I am sticking to the toothpaste!

I bought Crest Pro Health Multi-Protection in Refreshing Clean Mint flavor. 550 ml, Alcohol free CPC Anti-gingivitis and anti-plaque on sale at my local drug store. It was a BOGO free sale. So I put one in each bathroom for my family to try and use.

The bottle claims to kill germs, prevent plaque, prevent Gingivitis, keep teeth cleaner longer, freshen breath and with no burn of alcohol. All sounds great.

All the benefits are wonderful if it does help but my family hates it. The kids will not use it again and for me and my husband we just cannot get over or past the bad aftertaste that it leaves in your mouth. I have had to rinse my mouth and use another mouthwash just because it bothered me so bad. It is a weird tingling and gross taste. We have these two bottles to use, maybe I will find an alternate way to use them for something else.

Does anyone know if it can be used to clean something besides teeth? HA HA HA

I

Ok for a good rinse.

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse - Refreshing Clean Mint:

I really liked what the bottle said about helping prevent plaque and protecting the gums and I really loved that it did not have alcohol in it. I hate the burning sensation caused by alcohol and it usually gives me sores or sensitivity in my mouth. So I was very happy that this one did not contain alcohol. I did feel like it cleaned my teeth well and left my mouth feeling fresh. My gums don't seem to bleed as often when I use this rinse and I feel like my teeth are smooth and without plaque, that is a great feeling. I was however very disappointed with the whitening. I did not notice any difference in the color of my teeth. I used the product as directed but really could not tell any change in the color of my teeth. I know that the health benefits are more important but it would be nice if it did help whiten teeth. I was not impressed at all with the whitening part of this product. So overall I feel it was a good investment in the health and longevity of my teeth but will need some other way to keep my teeth white. Like giving up coffee but having kids I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse - Tastes Nasty!

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse - Refreshing Clean Mint:

I believe Crest to be a super brand of dental hygiene in general, although my opinion was knocked considerably when I recently tried the Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste because it left a nasty taste in my mouth. I was hoping the Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse would be better - sadly not! I know it is generally recommended that you swish your mouthwash for a good 30 seconds, but I could not keep it in my mouth that long. It tasted nasty! It minded me of the same aftertaste as the toothpaste - medicinal chemicals and bandages. Generally I don't like the alchohol after burn mouthwashes usually give you, and as this product does not contain alcohol, you don't get that which is good. I loved the packaging it came in - I rather thought I was getting the very best oral rinse money could buy. However this particular bottle was a free sample given to me by my dentist. I trust my dentist and his team and it's on this basis that I have given the overall rating as high as 7, this and the fact that some people might like the clinical taste of this brand. It is my opinion only, but I would not pay for this product.

Watch out for brown stains!

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse - Refreshing Clean Mint:

I bought a bottle of Crest Pro-Health after having my teeth cleaned at the dentist because I wanted them to stay clean. The bottle claims that it kills germs, prevents plaque, prevents gingivitis, and keeps your breath fresh. It claimed to do a lot more than Listerine, which I had been using, and it was alcohol free. I used it everyday for about a week before I started noticing a couple of brown stains on my teeth. I then read the label more carefully and discovered that it can cause staining. It said that the dentist can remove the stains. I was not very happy to have stains on my freshly cleaned teeth, so I threw the bottle away. The dentist was able to remove the stains at my next cleaning, but I would not use that product again. I am currently trying Colgate Total Advanced Pro-Shield Mouthwash. I have noticed a reduction in plaque forming on my teeth since I began using it and have not seen any staining.

It is very minty!

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse - Refreshing Clean Mint:

After seeing many--and I mean many!-- commercials for mouthwash, I decided to buy some! I hadn't tried mouthwash before, so it would be my first time trying it! So now that I have tried it, I have mixed feeling about this mouthwash. Well, I thought it would taste a bit like toothpaste, It did.... sorta. It tasted like very strong mint, with a little added chemicals, and a lightly sweet taste. I can't really say if it was a pleasant taste. It is definitely not a taste kids would like, it says on the bottle that they can't even use it if they are under 12. But older kids that are twelve-thirteen, may have to get accustomed to the taste. I have since stopped using the mouthwash and it is currently sitting in my closet, waiting to be used, I do sometimes use it when I have morning breath, I gotta say it does help! I would recommend this to you if you have a taste for very strong mint or get morning breath. I don't recommend giving this to small children. Good luck!

Not my favorite mouthwash.

from Nazareth, pa

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse - Refreshing Clean Mint:

I have bought the Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse- Refreshing Clean Mint previously and was not overly excited about this product for the amount I paid for it. It does not seem to clean as well as the other mouthwashes I have bought. Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse is made without alcohol which is great but it does not seem to work nearly as well as the others that are made with it in it. This seems to be one of the more expensive mouthwashes that you can find and I do not feel its worth the money. My mouth does not feel as clean through out the day as it does when I use my Scope mouthwash. I do not like the flavors that the Crest Pro-Health come in. I also find this to be one of the harder brands to find everywhere. There are certain places I know I can always find it but I do not always go to those place. I can never find a deal on this mouthwash or coupons for this mouthwash to make me feel better about the purchase.

Great overall mouth rinse for daily use!

from Guilford, CT

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse - Refreshing Clean Mint:

I am not sure why there seems to be so many mixed reviews regarding the Crest Pro Health Multi-Protection Rinse Mouthwash in Clean Mint but I have changed from Listerine to this particular mouthwash for everyday use. I found the aftertaste of the Crest Pro Health Multi-Protection Rinse Mouthwash in Clean Mint is much lighter and not overpowering like the Listerine line. The packaging is typical of standard mouthwashes and easy to pour in the cap as with others. I personally use this mouthwash in addition to my fluoride rinse daily. I don't have anything negative to say about this product. I prefer to buy teh Crest Pro Health Multi-Protection Rinse Mouthwash in Clean Mint in bulk as in 3 packs though because one bottle lasts about a month between my husband and I in my household. I think it's a pretty good deal when you buy it that way and my husband also seems to prefer it over other mouthwashes we have tried in the past.

Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse - Refreshing Clean Mint:

Not a good choice for a mouthwash!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse - Refreshing Clean Mint:

I bought this just to try it out and I did not even finish using the bottle. I think I have the rest of it to my mother to use. The taste of this mouthwash is not good at all. When I use a mouthwash, I look for it to burn a little when I swish it around in my mouth. That is how I know the mouthwash is working to get my teeth and gums really clean. This mouthwash did not feel that way at all. Also, usually when I use a mouthwash, there is a minty fresh feeling that lasts a long time after I use it. This mouthwash did not give that feeling either. How am I supposed to know if it is working or not? Crest calls the flavor "Clean Mint", but I do not get that impression from this mouthwash at all! I paid more for this mouthwash because I thought it would work better, I definitely regretted that decision. This mouthwash is not worth the money that the company or store charges for it and I would not recommend it to anyone!

Crest Pro-Health Rinse does what it promises

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse - Refreshing Clean Mint:

I bought Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse because I had a coupon AND it was on sale. I usually buy store-brand Listerine-type products, but this offered 12 hour protection in addition to it's breath-freshening properties.

I was not disappointed. It has a pleasant taste without being burning or overpowering like other products I've tried. The flavor doesn't linger for very long, yet my mouth feels fresh for a much longer time than other products I've used in the past.

I use Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse both morning and before I go to bed and I wake up with a fresh mouth. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 was because it caused a few brownish-looking spots (which the folks at Crest say is normal) that disappeared after brushing with toothpaste. That can be kind of scary for some folks, but I think Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse does a lot more than I realize.

Not The Most Effective Product!

Comments about Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse - Refreshing Clean Mint:

I am a huge Crest fan, but must admit that this mouth wash is not nearly as effective as several other versions that I have tried. There is no alcohol and I think that is what throws many people off, including myself. I purchased a few bottles and after I rinse with this product, my teeth don't have that "I am clean as can be" feeling. This mouth rinse would be great for sensitive people who can't stand that alcohol type taste and who would be brushing their teeth with a stronger tooth paste afterwards. Overall, I think it taste more like water that is slightly flavored and I don't really see it as benefiting my teeth. The bottle does state that it kills germs, freshens breath, reduces plaque, and more. I really didn't see it doing any of that when I used the bottle for a few weeks. I also find it to be quite pricey as well and don't understand why as the cheaper mouth washes do much better job at a lower price.