Other Misc. Dentals:
Crest
Crest Glide Comfort Plus Mint Floss

Crest Glide Comfort Plus Mint Floss

Best floss ever!

Without a doubt, this is the best floss I've ever used! I LOVE the way this floss cleans, feels, and tastes! I especially like the wide width this floss comes in which enables me to thoroughly clean in between my teeth. Also, it is VERY durable--it does not break. Since my teeth are VERY close together, this is a HUGE plus for me! The name of the floss (Glide) says it all--it effortless glides in between my teeth without breakage. In the past, I NEVER could find a floss that wouldn't break and/or deteriorate. Also, the floss is soft and, thus, gentle on my senstive gums. Too, the width and softness of the floss enables me to grip it without hurting my fingers or cutting off my circulation! I even LOVE the color of the container that the floss comes in (soothing green)--versus the usual mundane white. The packaging enables me to quickly locate it in my 'busy' bathroom drawer. The only drawback I can think of regarding this product is the small size it comes in. I could sure use a super-sized container of this floss! Also, a bigger size would eliminate wasteful packaging materials. Also, I would like to see the container/packaging come in a #1 or #2 plastic for home recycling purposes. Overall, this is a GREAT product! Via my recommendation, my entire family now cherishes and uses this floss. :)

I do not like Crest Glide but my wife thinks it is the best.

I gave my crest glide to my wife since she seems to love using it a lot more than I did. I have just never liked regular dental floss and Crst Glide was no different to me. Crest Glide seemed to shred faster and waste more floss than just using one of those dental plucker things. That might not be what they are called but that is what I am calling them so if you ca not find a product using plucker than it was just me not knowing what they call those things. Also this stuff is expensive I get more floss in a bag of pluckers than this thing has and for a whole lot less money. Crest Glide is like Colgate Total in that I will not buy it for me but if I can find it on sale and or find a coupon I will get it for my wife since she seems to enjoy it so much. If I keep her happy she keeps me happy and I like being happy so I will keep her happy even if I have to buy the lame expensive floss to do so. Why couldn't she like hot sauce instead?

The Name "glide" describes it best!

Comments about Crest Glide Comfort Plus Mint Floss:

It is funny to think that there can be such a difference in floss right? Except for flavor you would think they are all the same, but they are not! My mouth is very "crowded" as my dentist tells me. Usually I prefer flossers as they are easier to manipulate in my tiny mouth. That being said, sometimes floss is more convenient (like traveling or when I keep some in my purse). This floss is my first choice! Crest Glide Comfort Plus Mint Floss really does glide between my tight teeth. There is nothing worse that having your sharp teeth rip apart floss and shred it like confetti, but I've never had that problem with this floss! Also, the fresh Crest Mint flavor is quite refreshing and enjoyable when I take a mid-day floss break. The one thing that keeps me from giving this a 10 is the price, but when a dental product works and is successful, sometimes it is worth paying a premium for.

A good floss but I am not sold on it.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Crest Glide Comfort Plus Mint Floss:

This floss was purchased by me while I was on vacation. I had forgotten my usual tooth floss and had to find a replacement. The store in the place where we were on vacation did not have the floss I usually use, so this was my purchase. It was an okay floss. The mint taste was a little weird for me. It had a sweet aftertaste and I did not like that very much. I did not like the taste left in my mouth. It stuck in my mouth for a long time after using this floss. The quality of the floss was good. It did not break while I was using it, but I did have to replace the floss at least once while I was flossing. It was a little expensive, so I would prefer each time I floss, that the strand last long enough to finish out the job. I do not floss overly hard or anything; I just floss normally. There is no reason that a strand could not last the whole time I need to use it. This was a good replacement, but in the long run, I will be sticking to my normal brand.

Good design to make flossing comfortable!!

Comments about Crest Glide Comfort Plus Mint Floss:

For most of my life my dentist told me that I should floss regularly and her advice went in one ear and out the other. I didn't like flossing. Flossing tasted bad and it was very uncomfortable. My gums were always left so sore afterwards. I just ignored my dentist and my teeth were fine. As I neared the age of 40, my age caught up with me and I started to have gum recession and some teeth decay. I HAD to start flossing! Upon her recommendation, I tried Crest Glide Comfort Plus. The first thing that I noticed about this floss is that it's designed with a wax coating on it so that you can get a good grip on the floss and it's not sliding all over the place. It slides so well on my teeth. My teeth that are more crowded together and usually held so much resistance to floss weren't a problem with this floss and my gums didn't get so irritated. What I liked the most is the pleasant mint flavor of the floss. I wasn't left with a gross after-taste in my mouth from flossing. I have found myself to become a much more regular flosser now that I have begun using this product.

They have changed the name.

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Crest Glide Comfort Plus Mint Floss:

But a Glide mint floss by any other name is just as sweet. This floss is now part of the Pro-Health lineup and has that name appended to it. If your teeth are close together (and if you wore braces as a child, they probably are) then the Glide floss made with the easy slide material is worth the extra buck. This stuff is proof that you don't have to yank the floss from between your teeth for it to work. I am always startled by what this floss gets out from between my teeth - startled because it was so comfortable it hardly felt like I had flossed at all.

The floss is made of a patented material that is billed to "slide up to 50 percent more easily in tight spaces." It's true. It slides easily between my teeth, in comparison to another flossing tape which always has to be yanked into and out of the gumline. It's hard to make a habit out of an activity that makes you feel like the 'before' person in an infomercial. Glide with the patented slippery stuff makes me feel like the 'after' person.

Finally! Gentle Floss

from TN

Comments about Crest Glide Comfort Plus Mint Floss:

Crest Glide Comfort Plus Mint Floss is the only kind of floss I can use. My teeth are pretty tight together and most other flosses I have tried in the past just ended up making my gums bleed. Crest Glide is not like that though, it has a thin wax coating which allows it slide more effortlessly between tight spaces. I recommend this to anyone who finds regular uncomfortable.

Doesn't last long

Comments about Crest Glide Comfort Plus Mint Floss:

I figured that the CREST Glide Comfort Plus Floss would be a great product but it came to be just average for me. I ended up giving it to my kids to use. I did not like this floss at all because I wasted so much of it due to it shredding or breaking on me without even using it roughly.

I do not like Crest Glide but my wife thinks it is the best.

from Suffolk, VA

Best floss ever!

from Xenia, OH

Glide Comfort - it really is

from Talihina, OK

Comments about Crest Glide Comfort Plus Mint Floss:

It almost seems silly to review dental floss.  I mean aren't they all the same?  NO!  They are not.  My teeth are very close together so for years I just didn't bother to floss.  It was too hard.  One day my dentist told me that my gums looked 10 years older than my actual age!  I had no idea that flossing was good for your gums, too.  Apparently it stimulates blood flow to your gums and keeps them healthy.  So I started trying to floss regularly.  The floss the dentist sent me home with was way too big.  Next time I went he gave me a different sample and that's when I discovered that all floss is NOT created equal.  Then I got a coupon for Crest Glide Comfort Plus Floss.  It's great!  It is nice and slick and thin and really does glide in and out between my teeth, even the ones that are so tightly packed together.  It also smells really good - kind of a mint/vanilla combination.  It isn't cheap, though.  It is kind of expensive compared to store brands.  My husband brought some of that home recently and I have tried to use it and it is dreadful compared to the Crest Glide.

Crest Glide Comfort floss is very thorough.

from Bucyrus, KS

Comments about Crest Glide Comfort Plus Mint Floss:

This floss not only has a great flavor, it is very thorough at getting all the gunk out from between your teeth. The wideness of the floss thread is easy to get in tight spaces and does not puncture the gum.