Other Toothpastes:
Crest Cavity Protection Regular Toothpaste

Crest Cavity Protection Regular Toothpaste

Pros

Cons

Crest toothbrushes are reliable toothbrushes.

I have sensitive gums, so I need softer toothbrushes, but I hate the look of bristles flattened in all directions.  In the past this has been a problem as I couldn't find a toothbrush that accommodated both of my needs.  When I was first married my husband voiced his preference for Crest toothbrushes and ever since I have begun using them too.  They allow me to have both things that I want - toothbrushes looking nice in their stand as well as being able to care for my teeth and gums without hurting my gums.  I couldn't believe that they were soft and could keep form!  Not only that, but they seem to last longer than other toothbrushes as we have never had any problems with toothbrushes breaking and they seem to stay clean longer. They also provide for all of our families' needs as they have so many different varieties.  Crest toothbrushes are all we use now and I love when they come on sale so I can stock up!

Crest Regular Paste Works Well for Kids With Sensitive Mouths

Crest is a favorite toothpaste of mine because according to the last time I checked, all of their toothpastes are gluten-free. My kids have multiple food sensitivities, and a small amount of gluten can cause some major abdominal pain in my children.

My two youngest daughters and I use this toothpaste, and I have been pretty happy with it.

What I like about Crest anti-cavity regular paste:

- It is easy to find (but it's getting harder because of all the specialty pastest that are out there now).

- It is reasonably priced - it is usually less than the fancier ones with all the special flavorings, etc.

- It seems to clean the teeth well and can leave them feeling smooth and fresh.

What I don't like about Crest anti-cavity regular paste:

- I believe they changed the ingredients in the last year - it has a stronger taste and I preferred the milder one.

- The screw-on lid can get lost (but I don't like the really large flip tops on some of the others).

- It contains sorbitol (which is a medicine that I've given to many patients who are constipated) and sodium saccharin, among other ingredients

- Children must be supervised when using this and other toothpastes and it's not recommended for kids under 2 years.

**My Vewpoint:**

I'd personally like to see the old regular Crest toothpaste come back. This one seems to be stronger and not as mild, and I really liked having the mild one for my kids who are so sensitive to everything. I do like the typically lower price and being able to find this in several different stores. I'd like to see a cap that can't be lost, but I'd like for it to be the size of the one that screws on it now. It seems to clean well, and Crest always puts an 800 number on their products and I've found them helpful when asking about gluten content - I just wish they would mark it as gluten-free on the package if it is. Overall, I give Crest regular anti-cavity toothpaste an average rating.

Works fine

Comments about Crest Cavity Protection Regular Toothpaste:

The Crest Original Toothpaste is a good toothpaste if you are just looking for the basics in keeping your teeth clean. I liked it when I was using it, and I only switched so that I could have a whitening toothpaste. It does little for teeth whitening or other features that you may look for in other specialized toothpastes, but it works fine for keeping your teeth clean and helping stave off cavities. If you have weak tooth enamel or any health conditions that may lead to more cavities, plaque, tarter build-up, et cetera, then you might want to look for a different toothpaste.

The flavor for the Crest Original Toothpaste is just fine. It lasts for a bit after you brush your teeth, but it eventually fades away, especially after you eat things. It does not taste good if you brush your teeth before you eat breakfast. I would suggest waiting to brush your teeth until after you've had your morning breakfast.

Great, cheap, effective toothpaste!

Comments about Crest Cavity Protection Regular Toothpaste:

I grew up using the original Crest toothpaste. When I moved out, I continued using original Crest toothpaste. But when money got tight, I started using coupons to make ends meet. I found that I could get a different toothpaste with coupons and sales cheaper so I turned away from Crest. Nothing wrong with Crest, but it was a bit more expensive. Crest original toothpaste cleaned my teeth well with just a pea-sized amount each time. No whiteners or anything fancy in it...just good old toothpaste. The texture can be a little bit dry and the flavor a little bit strong to someone who is used to a milder toothpaste. But the flavor isn't so overwhelming that you don't get used to it quickly. Original Crest is carried in most stores, but can sometimes be tricky to find since there are so many different varieties and flavors of toothpaste. The price isn't bad although unfortunately most Crest coupons aren't for the Original Crest.

A Good, Solid Toothpaste Choice!

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Crest Cavity Protection Regular Toothpaste:

The simpler the better! I've been seduced by all of the hype and newer formulations touting whitening and tartar control as their many benefits, but I've recently learned that the original formulas for most toothpastes are the best and that holds true for Crest. It has an RDA (relative dentin abrasiveness) of 95, which is considered about medium or moderate abrasiveness, which isn't ideal but it's not bad either. The taste, for me, isn't my favorite but aside from that it turns out that Crest Original Anticavity Toothpaste is a good and solid choice for most people, according to the professionals. It contains the same amount of fluoride as other standard OTC toothpastes without all of the fancy new additional "benefits" included in other formulations (especially whitening) typically add additional abrasiveness, which can be actually be detrimental to your teeth, not helpful! I guess the only other drawback I can think of is that I haven't come across Crest Original with a snap cap, screw off only - not to say it doesn't exist, but I've never found it. Other than that, I think Crest Original is a fine toothpaste.

Crest is a Trusted Brand

from MI

Comments about Crest Cavity Protection Regular Toothpaste:

I grew up in a household that always used Crest toothpaste. Now, as an adult, Crest is also my go-to toothpaste. We always have a tube of Crest on hand because, well, it's just great toothpaste. I am 30 years old and have never had a cavity - so that has to say something - and trust me, I'm no stranger to candy!

Crest does a great job of freshening your breath and making your teeth just feel clean. After a long day you can get that built up plaque-y feeling on your teeth, but Crest always does a great job of making them feel smooth, shiny and clean - every time.

Another great thing about Crest is that the minty flavor always seems to last a long time. With some toothpastes the freshness wears off quickly after brushing, but with Crest I feel like the fresh flavor sticks in my mouth for a very long time - which I love.

While I will admit from time to time I do use other brands - if I want a special whitening toothpaste or something like that - but when it comes to the brand I always choose over all the others, Crest is my staple, trusted, go-to brand and I love it.

Crest Cavity Toothpaste

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Crest Cavity Protection Regular Toothpaste:

Crest is my favorite toothpaste. It freshens your breath and it helps protect your teeth from cavities by fighting tartar buildup. It leaves my mouth feeling fresh and clean after use. It also helps whiten your teeth too. Crest is the only brand I use. I tried other toothpaste but none comes close to the way Crest makes my teeth feel after I use it. Since I use Crest toothpaste that protects your teeth from cavities, I really have no problems with cavities. My kids are ages 4 and 6 and they have never had any cavities or work done on their teeth, like most kids have had their age. The flavor of Crest Cavity Protection regular toothpaste isn't as bad as some other toothpaste I have tried. It actually has a pleasant taste to it. I would highly recommend Crest for Cavity protection. Crest is a brand I trust when it comes to my family and I oral hygiene. I believe Crest is the best toothpaste on the market today.

Crest: The Name to Trust for Dental Health

Comments about Crest Cavity Protection Regular Toothpaste:

Everyone needs to protect their teeth and gums from decay and disease. There are a million products out there these days so I use the brand that works and I trust it too. Crest toothpaste was always in the bathroom when I was a child. My dentist recommends it and even gives samples of it when you go in for a cleaning. I guess that is the true test if it works, if your dentist gives you a good report. I have always used it and have rarely had any problems. I raised 3 kids on it and they have never had a cavity. They love the taste and we also use the Crest whitening toothpaste which was recommended by our dentist after getting our teeth cleaned. It makes you feel good when your teeth are clean, you have fresher breath, and you feel more confident. Cost wise you just can't beat it for value and effectiveness.

A great original

Comments about Crest Cavity Protection Regular Toothpaste:

I can remember using the crest original toothpaste growing up because it was my parents favorite brand. every now and then I will purchase a tube and remember being a kid. this product cleans your teeth and mouth very well and will leave it fresh and no high costs.

Everything your teeth needs

Comments about Crest Cavity Protection Regular Toothpaste:

Crest Toothpaste is an amazing way to keep your teeth clean and your gums healthy. It keeps your breath fresh and protects you from cavities. Brushing with Crest twice a day makes you ready for any challenge that life has to present. It is the must-have for all your family's dental needs!

Crest Tarter Control Whitening Toothpaste is TOXIC

Comments about Crest Cavity Protection Regular Toothpaste:

My teeth were a bit yellow so I thought I would try Crest's Tartar Control Whitening toothpaste. After using it only a few days my lips started feeling chapped and turned red. I took me a few days to realize that it was the toothpaste. So I stopped using it and my lips very slowly got better. However, after 3 weeks they are still peeling some. This toothpaste must have some really bad stuff in it. I switched to a toothpaste I got at our local healthfood store. My lips are recovering but very slowly.

Really All You Need

from Broken Arrow, OK

Comments about Crest Cavity Protection Regular Toothpaste:

Well, of course you still have to floss every day. I have sensitive teeth and my hygenist told me to try this. She said whiting toothpaste only aggervates sensitivity. I am not a smoker, so I fortunately don't have to worry about nicotine stains. My dentist said that it takes a while for the stains to set in and I can prevent them by rincing with water after eating and drinking. How simple is that? Crest Original is effective and less expensive than many other toothpastes.