3.9
Crest
Crest Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Toothpaste Fresh Mint

Crest Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Toothpaste Fresh Mint

3.9

I haven't used any other toothpaste in years!!!!

I have used this toothpaste for years, and I'm not exagerating when I tell you that, atleast 2 to 5 times a month, SOMEONE comments on my white smile.  I have whitened my teeth in the past, but it's been probably a year since the last time I whitened(used Crest Whitestrips Advanced Seal) my teeth.  I was with some family members last weekend, and two of them asked me how I keep my teeth so white.  And of course I told them about this toothpaste!!  I am also a coffee and tea drinker, so it does work.  I have been using this toothpaste for.........hmmm, just a guess....about 4-5 years???  Maybe longer.  GO AND BUY SOME, YOU'LL LOVE IT!!

Crest Baking Soda And Peroxide - A painful experience

I think I might have an overly sensitive mouth. I absolutely cannot use Listerine, no matter how good my dentist says it is, because it feels like its burning the inside of my mouth. Similarly, I've been having a hard time trying to use Crest Baking Soda And Peroxide Whitening Toothpaste. It really irritates the inside of my mouth, to the point that brushing my teeth is practically painful!

I have to say that my husband loves this stuff, and uses it every day without complaint, so obviously not all people are going to have my reaction to this toothpaste. In theory, it seems like a great toothpaste: it whitens with baking soda and peroxide, which are time-proven ingredients, it of course protects against cavities, and it includes tartar protection. It does it all! The problem is, it doesn't do much for me because I avoid brushing my teeth just to avoid having this toothpaste in my mouth. When brushing, I find its gritty texture unpleasant and its minty flavor way, way too strong. The longer I brush, the more I feel like the inside of my mouth is being burned, especially my tongue. Maybe I'm just a wimp or a weirdo, but I'm going to have to stick to a simpler, milder toothpaste.

It's not my first pick, but not too bad.

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Crest Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Toothpaste Fresh Mint:

This particular brand of Crest toothpaste wouldn't go into my books as being my favorite. With that being said I can't say that it's the worst toothpaste out there either. I have tried many kinds and this one is kind of in the middle. This toothpaste is good because it does whiten naturally with the baking soda and peroxide. I can't say that it whitens your teeth that much. I didn't notice any major differences. The thing that I do and don't like about this toothpaste is the gritty texture. I like it because it feels like it's cleaning your teeth in a scrubbing manor. It feels like it's getting them more clean. I don't like the texture at the same time because it is a weird feeling in your mouth. Maybe I'm just used to the smooth toothpaste feeling. Usually toothpaste with baking soda in it doesn't have the best taste. This one wasn't too bad though. It has a soft mint taste to it. I would say to give it a try for yourself and see what you think. It also is a pretty good price which is nice, especially when trying something for the first time.

Was my favorite but doesn't whiten as well as other pastes!

Comments about Crest Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Toothpaste Fresh Mint:

For years I had been a loyal user of Crest Baking Soda and Peroxide Whitening Toothpaste. Some of the qualities that appealed to me were the Crest name brand. I feel that overall Crest makes top quality dental products that I'm comfortable using. Also, the baking soda and peroxide offered such a great cleaning. When you put it in your mouth and start to brush with the combination, it begins to bubble and almost fizz. You can really tell it's working. This combination can taste bad but Crest offers the Fresh Mint flavor that I absolutely love. It's refreshingly pleasant and not overwhelming minty. I felt like this toothpaste offered nice tartar control and for several years my teeth seemed to benefit from it. Unfortunately, overtime I noticed that my teeth didn't seem as white as they once did. I began trying other toothpastes and came to realize that this Crest paste just doesn't offer the whitening benefit that the newer Crest whitening products can offer. I had to make the change to a new paste.

Crest toothpaste with Baking Soda and Peroxide

Comments about Crest Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Toothpaste Fresh Mint:

I bought Crest Baking Soda and Peroxide Whitening Toothpaste because I used to brush my teeth with pure baking soda every few months to help whiten my teeth and I hated the taste. Well I saw that they had Crest with baking soda and thought to give it a try. The taste of the toothpaste wasn't as bad as brushing your teeth with just baking soda. The mint flavor with the baking soda and peroxide had a descent taste to it, I wouldn't say a fantastic taste but a descent taste. After a couple weeks of use I notice my teeth starting to whiten some. So it does work. It not only helps whiten your teeth but also helps prevent tartar build up which protects against cavities. The baking soda and peroxide helps get rid of bad breath which is awesome if you have really bad morning breath. It leaves my mouth feeling clean and fresh after each use. I highly recommend you trying this toothpaste, I doubt you will be disappointed with the results.

Great whitening power of peroxide without a bad taste.

from Leola, PA

Comments about Crest Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Toothpaste Fresh Mint:

I am a fan of Crest because I have always had a good experience with all of their products. I have found that I particularly like this toothpaste because of it's whitening power through the use of natural ingredients (baking soda and peroxide). Usually these products (baking soda and peroxide) will cause a toothpaste to not taste so good, but that is not the case with this toothpaste. It has a fresh minty taste without even a hint of peroxide or baking soda taste. As I already said, it has great whitening power and keeps my teeth feeling and looking clean and white. I highly recommend this toothpaste. Look for it in a double pack to get a better deal.

Great for Chanker Sore Sufferers

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about Crest Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Toothpaste Fresh Mint:

I have been using this baking soda and peroxide Crest toothpaste for several years.  I work in the dental field, so I know Crest is a great product - I never use another brand.  I selected this toothpaste for myself because I am prone to chanker sores (for me they are often by stress, trauma [biting the cheek] too little iron in the system, not drinking enough water, or too much citrus or acidic foods in the diet).  I still get the sores, but this toothpaste does help.  Many people know that treating chanker sores with baking soda neutralizes that ulcer, therefore the small amount of baking soda in the toothpaste does help.  The peroxide factor, of course, helps the teeth to become whiter... both pluses for me!  I am picky about the flavor of toothpaste products, and in my opinion, this one is fine.  Like anything, a new product, especially toothpaste, may take some time to get used to, but it is great for me!

Love Crest, but this variation is just OK.

from Floyds Knobs, IN

Comments about Crest Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Toothpaste Fresh Mint:

I'll begin by saying I grew up using Crest and now it's all I buy for my family (with the exception of Sensodyne for one family member). So Crest is definitely a preferred brand in our house. However, this version of Crest leaves a bit to be desired. While I love the taste of this toothpaste and also the really cool, fresh feeling it leaves in my mouth after brushing, its name implies that it is a whitening toothpaste, and we have not noticed a difference in the whiteness of our teeth since using it. (Not that there was room for major improvement, but we saw no difference whatsoever.) It costs a bit more than some of the other types of Crest and doesn't quite live up to its name as a whitener. That said, I recommend sticking with the less expensive versions of Crest (they all taste great, will get your teeth clean and leave your breath smelling fresh) unless you really just need the whitener. And in that case, I recommend trying a different product.

I haven't used any other toothpaste in years!!!!

from Brandenburg, KY

Crest Baking Soda And Peroxide - A painful experience

from Mundelein, IL

Won't ever change from Crest

from Spring, TX

Comments about Crest Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Toothpaste Fresh Mint:

I love love love this toothpast.  I refuse to try another one.  I have been using it forever.  It really makes my mouth feel clean and I can't start or end my day without brushing.  The baking soda helps the paste to really scrub your teeth.

Crest Baking Soda Toothpaste-Leaves your mouth feeling fresh

from Collinsville, IL

Comments about Crest Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Toothpaste Fresh Mint:

At first, I will admit, when my husband brought this toothpaste home, i was almost tempted not to try it cause it was really blue. I mean like ocean blue with sparkles. I finally mustered up the guts to try it and I must say, it really works well. It has a fresh mint taste and it does its job as far as the whitening and keeping your breath fresh is concerned. I normally use Aim, or Colgate, something that is cheap and affordable because of the economy nowadays. The one thing i didnt like about this toothpaste is the little crystals in it that look like sparkles. It does say that it has baking soda in it, and baking soda has a gritty texture. I didnt like this too much due to it felt like i was brushing my teeth with sand. I would rinse and rinse to make sure all of that was out of my mouth. I give this product thumbs up for the taste, but as far as the feel, i would have to say thumbs down because of the gritty feeling of it.