2.1

2.1

Pros

Cons

• Available Rates:

Helped us repair our credit score and buy a house!

We signed up for this credit card with hesitation, because we were trying to improve our credit and get out of debt, not accumulate more! However, we applied and were approved for a small limit. Every month, we charged our gas for our vehicles on the card and then paid them in full. Well, after doing this for 6 months our credit score rose 70 points! That is a huge difference, especially for one little credit card! We didn't pay finance charges since we paid in full each month. We did pay a monthly fee of $6. Worth it for all of the help it gave us. It helped us raise our score enough so that we were able to buy a house! Now that we have had the card for a year, creditone raised our limit without us even having to ask. We are very pleased with this card, and it is the only card that we plan to have.

Credit One charges fee to maintain a closed account with balance

When I called to close my account and pay off my balance, the CSR spoke broken english and I had difficulty understanding her.  What I thought I heard was that there would be a fee to close the account.  I finally asked to speak to someone who spoke better english.  When i spoke to a supervisor, he told me that there is a closed account maintenance fee as long as there was a balance on the account.  I told him that I was paying off the account, but I was doing so through my personal checking account because Credit One charges a fee of $7.95 to make a payment through them directly (even though when making a payment through my bank, the payment is processed as an ACH).  He told me that I would be charged that fee, plus interest on the account that had accumulated between the date of the billing statement and the time that the account would be paid off.  So basically, the account would NEVER be paid off because there will always be interest charges due to the billing date and the time the bill is received, payment is made and processed.  Then there would therefore always be a closed account maintenance fee.  I argued my case, so he agreed that if payment was received within 3 days by ACH through my bank account, he would waive the charges.

I looked up my account today, and the charges were, in fact, on my statement, but they were then reversed, so the supervisor kept his word & removed the charges.

I was pleased with the account when it was open, but due to new credit card regulations, I decided to eliminate some of my credit cards, and this was one I decided to cancel.  I did not like the procedure to close the account and the fact that there is a closed account maintenance fee, and a fee to make a payment online through their website.

Credit One Bank gave me a chance

from Moreno Valley, CA

Comments about Credit One Bank - Platinum Visa Card:

I got an offer in the mail for Credit One Bank and usually I throw away such offers but this time I read it and I decided to give Credit One Bank a try. I was accepted and got a $200.00 credit limit. After only a few months I got a credit increase.

Customer Service
I have only had to contact customer service two times but each time the person on the other end was kind and courteous and very helpful.

Available Rates
One downfall is that Credit One does charge a monthly fee but there are other cards out there that also do this.

Credit One is The Best Credit Card To Have

from Carlsbad, NM

Comments about Credit One Bank - Platinum Visa Card:

I happen to be an account holder of several credit cards, and of all of them Credit One is my favorite account to use. I generally hold this card back for special occasions, because it is a special card. The yearly fee is way below average, and they do not charge a high interest fee on this specific card. I've been happy with Credit One since I became a customer.

Customer Service
I have only had to contact Customer Service at Credit One, once. Actually, it was my fault because I was paying the bill on-line and I had accidentally typed in 50 cents instead of $50. The representative that I spoke to was more than willing to fix my error and she had a cheerful demeanor, not like other representatives that I have spoken to that treat you as if you want them to pay your bill. Credit One never treats me like I am trying to get one over on them.

Available Rates
The rates fluctuate from card to card, the account I have now is 9%, which to me is a fair amount these days. This was very surprising to me when I opened the account because my credit was not in excellent shape, as a matter or fact, it was just a step above poor. Credit One still give me great rates and a good allotment of credit to begin with. They never mentioned a "secured card," as many credit card company's do.

Credit One Bank- Platinum Visa Card

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Credit One Bank - Platinum Visa Card:

I just got this card. It was a big mistake. I got the offer through the mail and it looked great. I've been around a while so I figured why not? Big mistake. They sent me a card and stupidly I activated it. Once alll the disclaimers and fine print was read I decided not to use it. It's totally my fault for not checking evry disclaimer they sent but it's also very deceptive to print matter I can't read with a magnifying glass. I have three other credit cards which the companies have been very transparent. This one hasn't been at all transparent.

Customer Service
I talked with customer service and I'm stuck with the activation fee. There's no way around it. It's certainly not the customer service agent that's at fault. They were very nice. It's my fault but Credit One Bank has lost me forever due to what I believe to be deceptive advertising.

Available Rates
The rates are quite high compared to my other cards but it wion't be an issue as I am canceling the card.

Horrible Credit Card!

from Kansas City, Missouri

Comments about Credit One Bank - Platinum Visa Card:

Like most credit cards these days, this card has an extremely HIGH interest rate. After having bad credit for a while and no one would give me, they were the first too, and there is a reason why!! They start you off with a low limit (in my case $300), but there was annual fee and another activation fee so between both I already put $100 dollars on the card once it activated. I'm in the process now of paying this card off and will hopefully never look back! My payment is due the 15th of every month and this past month I paid it on the 15th and still was charged a late fee....of $25.00!!! So I essentially paid this months bill, but got the late fee so my amount has not changed at all. I know how difficult it can be sometimes for people these days and they don't always have the extra money they need, but DON'T get this credit card! It really is NOT worth it.

Customer Service
Customer is not very helpful, I got transferred to someone who you could clearly tell English was not their first language and was EXTREMELY hard to understand, and I told her about the issue I was basically answered with, "That's what happens when" instead of giving me advice so it wouldn't happen again in the future. I ended up hanging up on the woman because she was not helpful.

• Available Rates:

I thought it was good, but ended poorly

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Credit One Bank - Platinum Visa Card:

I thought this credit would be good to rebuild our credit. We were told that it was important to get a credit card and keep a low balance and then pay it off every month. We applied for this card and were approved for a very small limit. I wasn't aware of the annual fee that is charged to the card immediately. I received the first statement and the minimum due was the $70.00 annual fee. I thought it was steep to make the first payment so high. I paid the bill and used it for a tank of gas. The second statement came and they charged me a $7.00 monthly fee. I called customer service and they said that the terms of the credit card are clearly stated. I quickly cancelled the card and made arrangements to pay the balance owed while on the phone. I paid extra for the online payment and just wanted the card closed. I received my next statement and it had another $7.00 monthly charge. I called and they explained that since I had the account during the billing cycle so I had to pay the fee. Its like a never ending cycle with this card.

Don't get this card

Comments about Credit One Bank - Platinum Visa Card:

I kept getting approval letters in the mail and kept throwing them away. Well one day I decided why not. I would not suggest getting this card, the interest rate is very high along with their fees. They start you out with a very small credit limit and it is not worth it. I have only used this card for emergencies and the interest charges alone are outrageous. I have been paying it off now each time I use and still get charged a monthly fee of $4.00. These fees can add up over time and really make the card not worth using at all.

A positive is that it is very easy to change your due date and you can pay online without any hassle.

Customer Service
I have only dealt with customer service in regards to changing my due date and that was very easy.

Available Rates
Their interest rates are very high no matter what your credit limit is. If you have bad credit expect the interest rate to at least be through the roof.

WORST CREDIT CARD EVER.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Credit One Bank - Platinum Visa Card:

I had to type the title in all capital letters, just to get across how terrible this card is. I got this card to try and rebuild some of my bad credit and I really wish I had not done so now. The fees alone could break anyone, not to mention the rates are ridiculous. They will charge you a fee to pay your bill, to have the card, if you are one minute late to pay your bill, and for just about anything they can charge a fee for. The rates will rocket your bill to the moon and back. That means that once you get the bill, the fees will cause to be several times more than what you actually used the card for. I paid this card off as soon as I could, because of how horrible it was. Do not get this card. If I could go back and change the past, I would have told myself to look for another card to help my credit. There are other cards out there that are better and that will help you rebuild your credit and get back on track.

• Available Rates:

Run from this card and don't look back...

Comments about Credit One Bank - Platinum Visa Card:

I opened a credit one bank credit card with hopes of help repairing my credit. That was a huge mistake on my part. I should have know better from the start. I was pre approved for a credit card, so I proceeded through the process to obtain an account. It took almost 3 months to receive an account after pre approval. I actually received a bill in the mail before I was even notified by mail that I was accepted. And if that was not bad enough, the bill was already late and they charged me with late fees for an account I could not even use at the time. You also have to be very careful for the various fees that are applied to your account. My intent was to repair my credit by using this card to pay bills online. However I can't afford to since they charge me almost $8 per online bill pay transaction. Their customer service department leaves much to be desired. They are rude and uncooperative. I will be canceling this card in the very near future. Definately stay away from credit one bank credit cards.

• Available Rates:

This is the worst credit card out there.

Comments about Credit One Bank - Platinum Visa Card:

From the beginning when I first got the card, I was given a 300 dollar limit. Being young, I did not read the small print because if I did I would have know that my credit limit was actually 220 dollars after they take out all their lovely membership fees.

Customer Service
If you are even a day late on a payment get ready for your phone to drive you crazy with harassing phone calls from credit one bank. They will even call your job if they can, and it seems none of these representatives are English speaking. I couldn't hardly understand them when I did decide to answer the phone on occasion.

Available Rates
They charge a ridiculous amount on everything. I got very far behind on my payments and my last bill I received was almost 600 dollars. The card is a joke and a serious rip off.

• Available Rates:

Be afraid, be very afraid!

from Olive Branch, MS

Comments about Credit One Bank - Platinum Visa Card:

To reestalish my credit I applied for a CreditOne credit card after receiving an offer in the mail with a "preapproval." although the fees were excessive as mentioned in the terms and agreement I was willing to take the risk because I needed to rebuild my credit. I applied online and was approved instantly like the letter stated, but with the lowest credit limit offered by the financial institution. And to make matters worst, I was hit with a one time annual fee which reduced the credit limit more. I knew I was making a very bad decision, but I struggled with not having any credit versus paying a fee to get credit. I decided to keep the card. When my card arrived in the mail, my hesitation grew more. Reading the verbiage in the terms and agreement read more like I was signing my life away. Missing or making a late payments meant I would pay for it dearly. After much deliberation, I clawed I to cancel the credit card. The customer service representative did not want to cancel it without a fight, although he never offered to waive the initial setup fees. I am so glad I used my better judgment before actually charging anything on the card. It is just not worth oweing money to CreditOne without even charging anything just because they do not think I am credit worthy.