Other Arts & Crafts Supplies:

Crayola Model Magic

Great fun for all

from Cedar Rapids, IA

Comments about Crayola Model Magic:

Have you ever spent time making the perfect playdough creation and wished you could keep it?  Here is the best product, I work with kids of all ages and this is alway a great hit with all.  Especially older kids that are able to spend time planing out and designing their creation.  It promotes creative thinking and problem solving when things don't quite turn out.  I have had several kids that can spend hours playing with this model magic and creating just the perfect design.  I know for the younger kids that I work with they really can't tell the difference between this and playdough, and don't necessarily spend the time creating.  But for older kids this has been a lifesaver when kids need a fun activity.  It also does not require much cleanup and is less messy than playdough.  only downsize is that you do not get much in the little packages.  With this product kids can spend the time to create and then let dry to keep its shape.

This is as much fun for me as it was for my son!

from Fountainville, PA

Comments about Crayola Model Magic:

This past summer I went to the Crayola Factory with my family.  While we were there we were given coins to use for items such as crayons, markers and model magic.  I was so sad that we had used up most of our coins on markers and crayons, because when we finally got to the model magic area, we could only get 2 samples.

Needless to say, I had such a great time with it.  I was initially inspired when I saw another mother sitting at a table close to us creating a bunny rabit out of the clay (It was almost Easter).  I copied and also made a rabbit for my son.  Although my rabbit looked more like a cartoon character, and hers looked like it could be part of a glass menagerie.

The model magic comes in all different colors, but we received samples of it in white.  You can use markers to color on it, so it is like a 3D coloring tablet.  There are endless possibilities of what can be created with this wonderful craft material, and they sell it in kits with different colors and suggestions.  The clay hardens as it dries, and does not need to be heated.

I loved this so much, that this ended up in my Easter Basket on Easter morning :)

Model Magic is my friend!

from Rochester, NY

Comments about Crayola Model Magic:

It is easy to use, mess-free, and doesn't stick to my hands when i work with it. it sticks to most surfaces, which is nice since i use a variety of materials in my work. It can be "dyed" different colors with markers and/or paint, i have not tried paint before, but it doesn't take the color too well. I.e. i need to use a lot of marker to make a semi-pastel color from white.

it comes in many colors, but by far, white is the best to work with simply because you can change the color and it comes in large tubs for less. Not that it is too expensive to begin with.

it dries to the texture of dense foam, and it may become brittle ( small protruding bits may break) so finished products shouldn't be roughhoused too much if it has parts that extend ( a horn, perhaps) the cool thing is, if you put another piece of model magic on top of your base while they are still wet, pushing down so they stick together will make it so that when your piece dries it won't fall off.

the clay itself won't dry out too fast, but its best to keep unused bits as covered as possible.

The besy "clay" I have ever used!

from Towson, MD

Comments about Crayola Model Magic:

This product is great! It isn't messy like other clay products and it air dries overnight so those last minute projects can get done and be ready for school in the morning. I have used this since I saw it and loved it since. It works better than clay when combing colors and molding products.

Model Magic makes a great addition to play time and school!

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Crayola Model Magic:

Crayola Model Magic is a great accessory to play time and lessons! It can be used for so many things including: modeling characters or parts of a story, initiating conversation, relieving stress, 3D visualization, or just having fun and using your imagination. Unlike Playdough, Model Magic will not leave your hands smelling gross and salty and they won't be covered in it, with pieces stuck to your skin and your clothes, either. It's safe and non-toxic so it can be used both at school and at home with children of all ages. It is very easy to use and when Model Magic dries, it is still very light-weight. It doesn't become hard as a rock the way some playdough does. The great thing about Model Magic is that once it's dry, it can be colored on with Crayola markers or paints. The only drawback to Model Magic is that it may take up to 24 hours to dry, which can be an incredibly long time to an impatient child!

Wow how long has this been around

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Crayola Model Magic:

Well I don't know how long it has been around I bought it about 2 years ago for the first time. It is like playdoh but with extras. It dries and is very lightweight you can make tons of fun stuff. It is fun for everyone it is hard to find that for all ages of kids to sit down together.

wow it was actually worth the money

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Crayola Model Magic:

Well I bought some for a stocking stuffer. I did not pay much for it so I was thrilled when I saw how much the kids enjoyed it. I run a childcare from my home and am always looking for arts and craft projects and we madel jewelry beads and much more with the limited amount that we had the colors mix well and we spent a few hours making things which for a couple bucks was well worth the money good for ages 1-100