Other Misc. Babies:
Crayola
Crayola Bathtub Tints

Crayola Bathtub Tints

Taming Tub Time

**What's in My Water?**My daughter had taken to refusing her baths, and I was in need of bath time redemption, **Crayola Bathtub Tints** were just the thing! Found at www.crayolastore.com, and several chain stores, tub tabs can be purchased in single jars, mini-triple packs, and jumbo tubs. I purchased the mini-set. Each pack includes three jars, each jar has 30 tabs (a piece) for a total of 90 water tints. The plastic tubs are small, non-breakable, foil sealed, and have re-sealable lids.**Crayola "Meltdowns": **Green = Light Teal Yellow = YellowBlue = Baby Blue Red = Pink (Our favorite) The foil seals keep the packs fresh, but once detached, the screw top lids are VERY easy to remove. These color tabs look EXACTLY like candy, so if your little one loves opening things and eating lots of sweets, be sure to stash these safely. Crayola tabs *are* Non-Toxic, but I wouldn't take any chances.

**Bring on the Bath**The most complicated thing about using this product, is deciding which color to try first!We've tried every **Crayola Bathtub Tint **color, we've even tried mixing a few (which I DON'T recommend) it's ugly! But, DO try two or three of the same tabs. I'm glad we decided to "take the plunge", in the end, we discovered a pleasant surprise. My tub, my towels **and** my toddler are squeaky clean (No tie-dye). **Product is non toxic and non-staining, though Crayola recommends testing tub surfaces for colorfastness. Not recommended for old, unfinished , or scratched/marred tub surfaces**

Nothing to Write Home about

These bathtub tints were a gift.  They were not something I spent money on.  And for that I am grateful.  It's not that they are awful, but I really don't understand the allure.  My kids used them a few times, and they smiled, but that's where the excitement ended.

These tints do color the water, which is novel and exciting initally.  I've found bubbles to be much more interesting.  They lived up to the claims for the most part.  The red did leave a bit of a ring on the tub (which the jar states it will not).  It came off fairly easily with a lightly abbrasive cleanser, so no harm was done.

I definitely wouldn't buy these though.  I also had concerns about the potential irritation of using coloring in the tub.  Two of my kids have sensitive skin, and I was concerned that they would develop irritation, so I limited their use of the tints.

Overall, they were unique and fun, but only moderately so.

Cool product

Comments about Crayola Bathtub Tints:

My son loves to take baths, so why not take it up a notch and add some color? He loves these bathtub tints. I've been using them for years! They never stain the tub, or my son. I feel safe using these with him and it's just all fun. I've always loved these, and even believe my mother used them (or something similar) when I was young. These never get old.

very neat product

Comments about Crayola Bathtub Tints:

Having three little boys, now at the age where baths aren't as much fun, I had to come up with a more creative way to get them excited to bathe. I picked up a container of these bath color tablets and ever since, I have purchased them on a regular basis.

They come in blue, red, green and yellow (don't think I am forgetting any colors). The cool part for kids who are a bit older is mixing them to see what colors are made when mixed.

I was skeptical at first, as I figured it would either stain their skin or the tub, but they do not. I have noticed zero difference on their skin and the white tub has never changed colors or become stained at all.

One of my children has extra sensitive skin and any product I buy I have to be careful. This did not irritate the skin.

Lastly, they are cheap! It will make bathing fun and like I said, a good learning experience when they can experiment with combining colors.

Fun!

Comments about Crayola Bathtub Tints:

Crayola Bathrub Tints are definitely a fun addition to bath time. The kids have a tendency to add 3 or 4 to the bathtub to see what color combinations they can create. There is a slight discoloration to the tub after use, but it is worth it if the kids actually get bathed without a screaming fit! Definitely a fun addition to our home.

Making Bathtub More Fun

from Florida

Comments about Crayola Bathtub Tints:

I picked up a couple tubs of Crayola Bathtub Tints to take with me before nannying all weekend. I had had some trouble with getting the toddler to take baths before, and thought that if I could make the whole idea of taking a bath more appealing for him he would be more apt to jump in the tub and get cleaned up.

I let him put the tub tints in by himself and watched as he marveled as the water changed colors. He got a couple red ones and a couple blue ones, and I showed him how that when you mixed the two colors, the water turned purple. He was excited about his purple bath, and since that weekend he has been way more eager to take baths.

The only downside I have found to this product is that the color stays in the tub, the dreaded ring around the tub has happened a couple times after bath time ran a little longer. In the grand scheme of things this isn't a huge deal, but it was a little annoying to have to clean the bathtub after giving him baths. I still am a huge fan of the success of getting bath time accomplished with no fight with this product, and will continue to use it.

My grandson will NOT take a bath without these now.

from Tom Bean, Texas

Comments about Crayola Bathtub Tints:

I discovered these about 5 months ago and since that time, we have bought over 7 pots of these color tabs. My grandson loves to drop them in and watch them spread in the water. He really loves it when we add 2 different colors and watch them combine together to create an new color. It's a great learning tool for a 2 year old.

Now onto the more serious aspects of staining and such. I haven't had any problems with the color remaining on his fingers or toes and he doesn't drink the water so i don't worry about poisoning from them. He loves them and so do I.

Crayola has created yet another fun product to enjoy with small children. I will continue to buy them until he gets too old to enjoy the fun.

Kids love 'em!

from Iron Station, NC

Comments about Crayola Bathtub Tints:

My children love the Crayola bathtub tints. They want to use this product at every bath time. They greatly enjoy watching the water change colors. The only drawback with the bathtub tits is that they leave a scummy residue in the bathtub which I have found to be difficult to wash off.

My 10 year old Grandaughter loves this sort of thing

from Welling, OK

Comments about Crayola Bathtub Tints:

My Grand-daughter is very feminine.  She likes long hot baths with lots of bubbles. She also likes the Disney Princesses.  But she also likes Snakes, Spiders, Bugs, Rocks and dirt.  She is very much a girl but she is also a tomboy.  She loves horses and she loves spiders.  I think this product would very much appeal to her.

They make bath time lot of fun

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Crayola Bathtub Tints:

My son went through a faze where he would cry everytime we put him in the tub. I found these tabs and bought them. I let him put them in the tub and from then on he crys TO take a bath. They make bath time fun for kids and are educational. My son now knows his colors.

Calling All Kids for Bath TIme!

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Crayola Bathtub Tints:

These tablets are the best for getting my toddlers to take a bath.  They enjoy turning the bath water red, blue, yellow, purple, green or orange.  You just need one tablet to color the water, but to make the non primary colors you need to use two different ones. The tablets are not exactly true to the color that they dissolve into, but any colored bath water is still loads of fun!

Fun and a neceeity together in one

from Council Bluffs, IA

Comments about Crayola Bathtub Tints:

Gotta love what they can do...gets the kids in the tub and they have fun while getting clean! My kids will actually ask to make different colors. However, the colors are not very bright and several tablets need to be used per bath. None the less, it is a creativity starter as the kids then want to learn about colors, make drawings, etc.