3.5

Pros

Cons

Adorable Junk

Comments about Crane Gallon Pig Humidifier:

The old saying, "you get what you pay for" is clearly true when it comes to the Crane Pig Humidifier. I just HAD to get this for my new grand baby, the minute I saw it. I researched it, the reviews were good, the price was great and it is just so adorable! Within a month of light to moderate use, it no longer worked. Spend a little more money and get a quality humidifier.

Output Volume
The output volume was weak and inconsistent. The first week it seemed fine for a small nursery, the 2nd week it seemed to fluctuate somewhat, the 3rd week it was mostly unreliable and by the 4th week it no longer worked.

For the time that it worked, it operated like a low end humidifier. It was not "whisper quiet" as advertised. It actually sounded wet and wheezy as if it was trying to spit the water into the air, instead of adding moisture to the air. I had already purchased a new one when it completely stopped working.

It was easy to clean. A quick wipe down and refill it.

Within one month of fairly light use, the Crane Pig Humidifier was useless. Maybe we just got a defective unit, but I wasn't going to give it a 2nd chance.

Where the Crane Pig Humidifier is absolutely adorable, it has nothing else going for it. The design is clearly based upon the look, not the performance or quality of the product.

Works good looks cute.

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Crane Gallon Pig Humidifier:

I love this line of humidifiers that are shaped like animals. I looked at each one they had in the store. The pig was really cute but I ended up with the Owl. They are all made the same, just different colored units with a topper that gives the animal its face. If you didn't have the 'face' topper on the unit it would still work. The mist hole at the top of the unit blows out of the resoviour and through slits on the topper. So just in case you get this for your child and the face freaks them out you can still use this unit.

Output Volume
This unit has great output controls. During the winter I crank up the output to combat the dry air. In the summer sometime I need to turn it on, but not as high. The control knob adjusts the output great.

The directions say you should dump out any excess water every day and clean with vinegar every week. This is very important and should be done with diligence. Mold is not good to breathe!! Do not let your humidifer get gross because it is harder to clean then if you just keep up with wiping it out each week.

The animal shapes are so cute.

Cutie humidifier!

Comments about Crane Gallon Pig Humidifier:

Okay, I got this little humidifier for my son who was feeling a little congested. Nothing researched, just a quick pick up at the local drugstore. It works good but as it says, it is a one gallon humidifier! It takes special water, not just tap water or regular bottled water either. I think that is a con because the distilled water it calls for can be expensive. It also uses water quite quickly, adding to the expense. BUT, it did work wonders and my son was up and feeling better just with a few hours of use. So, definitely worth it. I also like using this humidifier in place of those artificial cough medicines. My daughter really loved this piggy shape, so now our family has two of them! Children will love them and hopefully parents will be satisfied with their usage. Highly recommended!

• Output Volume:

Crane one gallon pink pig humidifier

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about Crane Gallon Pig Humidifier:

I have had the pink pig humidifier for about 2 years now. The knob to adjust the mist flow spins without stopping and no longer adjusts the flow. The flow of mist only trickles out at best.

Output Volume
No longer sends out a strong mist flow

Worked great for about a year now so so at best

Ok

The lack component that helps generate the mist has bubbled off

Cute

Good Kid's Humidifier

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Crane Gallon Pig Humidifier:

I've got one of these in each of my kid's rooms. For the price point, I think its a very good humidifier. It releases cool mist only, so if you need warm mist, look elsewhere. My kid's love the animal designs that match their rooms. The output volume of mist is very good. I notice a difference with how my kids sleep though the night when they are using this humidifier. I also like that there is no filter to mess with. The water tray does get moldy, but this is to be expected and not overly difficult to clean.

cute pig humidifier

from Houston, TX

Comments about Crane Gallon Pig Humidifier:

This humidifier is absolutely wonderful! The animal designs are adorable, which makes me want to actually use the product rather than just think about how much I ought to use it. This humidifier produces quite a bit of steam, which is cool to the touch and, in the case of the pig, come out of the ears. A knob on the front of the humidifier allows you to easily adjust how much moisture is produced. This humidifier is pretty quiet, though it does make some noise (considerably less than a bedside fan does). The gallon tank holds enough water to last all night, even on the highest humidity setting. A handle on the tank allows for easy transport to and from the sink. The whole thing fits together very easily. This humidifier is invaluable during dry winters and keeps my nose from getting dry and from bleeding in the mornings. The only down-side to this machine is that it needs to be cleaned frequently (though I suppose you probably ought to clean any humidifier that you use regularly).

Cute humidifier that works well

from Ann Arbor, MI

Comments about Crane Gallon Pig Humidifier:

I bought the Crane pig humidifier a few years ago to use in my son's bedroom and have been very pleased with it.  The humidifier looks cute in my son's room and really does a great job of reducing his congestion.  I run it every night throughout the winter and he always sleeps very well and doesn't wake up coughing and congested like he used to.  It makes a quiet humming noise, and occassionally a bubbling sound, but it never disturbs my son's sleep.

Like other Crane humidifiers I've owned, I find that if the humidifier is set for the maximum amount of mist the area surrounding the humidifier ends up drenched with water.  I use a fairly low setting for the mist output and the water lasts a few days before needing to be refilled.

I find this humidifier to be a bit difficult to get clean.  It seems to get a lot of build up of residue and even with a lot of scrubbing it's hard to get the residue off.  This has been true of all three of the Crane humidifiers I've owned.  I don't know if it's just difficult to keep humidifiers clean in general or if it's specific to this brand.

Does the job while looking cute!

from Dulles, VA

Comments about Crane Gallon Pig Humidifier:

I bought this pig crane humidifier after I lost a part for my cow one.  The pig, for some reason, was on sale for a much better price.  It is basically the same as the cow.  Some of the "adorable" humidifiers deliver water differently due to design (ie the elephant has a trunk with one place for water to come out instead of two like the pig head) and may differ, but I don't see this one as being different except, of course, what it looks like.  I have basically the same comments about it as I do about the cow one (see other review I wrote).  I have noticed that I have some fine dustlike powder on the furniture near the pig humidifier, but I believe that is because we live in a different house and it is most likely the result of different water.  Crane does sell optional filters to help with that, you can use distilled water, or, you can do what I do, and just wipe up the excess residue. I don't think that this house here is as dry as our previous home was, and I have noted that sometimes I do have to adjust the knob on the front of the pig to get the mist to an appropriate level.  Once again, these are due to conditions I believe and not the product itself.  Fairly quiet and my kids love it.  If you aren't picky about design, compare prices of the various animals and save yourself some money while getting a good product.