4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Output Volume:

Always puts a smile on the face of my sick child.

Every household needs a humidifier to help during the cough and stuffy nose season.  When our twin boys were born, we decided to get a special "kid" humidifier just for their bedroom, and this is the one we chose.  Our boys love to watch the mist come out of the elephants trunk.  Shortly after we began using this item, our older child decided that she needed a special one for her room, too - she picked out the duck.  Even though we typically only use these when someone isn't feeling well, the kids are ALWAYS excited to see them come out of the closet.  We have been using both humidifiers off-and-on for a little over a year now, and we have never had a problem with them.  They help get us through the little illnesses and give our children a more restful nights sleep.  The water reservoir is large,  there is a knob adjustment to regulate the amount of mist, and BEST OF ALL there is an automatic shut-off feature when the water level runs too low.  We purchased the special demineralization filters that are available, but it probably wasn't necessary.  It can be a little difficult to thoroughly clean and I would recommend using it on an elevated surface.  But overall, I think this was a very smart and fun purchase for our family, and I'm even contemplating buying the frog version for my own bedroom.  :)

Not a very efficient humidifier

I received the Crane Elephant Cool Mist Humidifier as a present for my son. I was happy to have it because I got it when my son was coming with his first cold so we used it around the clock for a couple of days. I was very unimpressed with this humidifier and actually returned it to the store for the following reasons:

1. This humidifier is hard to clean. The user guide recommends cleaning it every couple of times you fill the tank but its design makes it hard to clean and if you are like me you don't want mold or bacteria growing on it.

2. Water gets on surfaces around it. After running this humidifier for a couple of hours, there would almost be a puddle of water on the table where I had set it. I double checked to make sure the tank was installed properly but this seemed to happen every day.

3. Weird smell. We purchased the filter that goes with this humidifier but it made the water vapor have a distinctive smell. The manual said this would go away after a couple of uses but I had this for about a week and the smell was still there.

We ended up returning this item and spent more on a higher quality humidifier that is more silent, has an option for cool or warm mist, and has silver clean technology that prevents bacterial or mold growth in the tank.

Love this humidifier

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Crane Elephant Cool Mist Humidifier:

We got this humidifier a couple of years ago and we LOVE it. My daughter (now 3) struggled with some pretty bad allergies for her first year of life. She could hardly breathe at night. However, she was able to breathe when we ran this elephant humidifier near her crib. It's quiet, effective, and cute. It's easy to use, easy to clean, and holds plenty of water. The only problem is that you don't want to put it where your toddler can reach it or they will take the top off and try to dump the water out (been there). This is a very cute product and goes well in any nursery. Our kids even had a name for the elephant! It's so simple to use. I just filled it with water up to the water fill line, put the top on, plugged it in, and turned it on. I usually set it on a towel so the floor didn't get damp with humidity. I would recommend this for anyone even adults. The price is pretty good and I believe you can get them at Target.

• Output Volume:

Turned our small nursury into a rainforest

Comments about Crane Elephant Cool Mist Humidifier:

Our 3 month old came down with a cold so we rushed out an bought all the things we could to comfort her. This humidifier was what I found for the best price and with a reliable name. Set up was easy and it worked great, I think it really helped on the dry winter air.

Output Volume
The visible mist gets about two feet up from the spout. I feel like I wish it would preject a little higher but then I am sure it would not be in mist form.

It makes a slight water trickle sounds which I think is soothing so even after our baby was no longer sick we kept it running in her small nursury at night. One night after putting her to bed I left the door shut for about 2 hours and when I opened it the room was humidy, like a rainforest. It was just like showering with hot water and not turning the fan on. I thought I was going to have to wipe down the wall. I have not made that mistake again.

It does not have a filter so I clean it about once a week. It does have some small nooks and cranies which make it hard to clean but it does all come apart nicely and is easy to reassemble.

Well made with what appears to be solid and strong plastic.

The water container is able to be turned upside down and does not leak water all over the floor after filling it up.

Cute but not the best

Comments about Crane Elephant Cool Mist Humidifier:

This is a very cute looking humidifier, but honestly I would prefer one that works really well over looks fun.

Design: The design is super cute. Who doesn't love an elephant humidifier in their nursery. The idea to make the mist come from the trunk is adorable and generally functions well. However, the trunk makes filling the tank difficult.

Performance: I think this works well for an inexpensive humidifier. It is visible mist which I usually do not mind as it lets me see that it is really working. However, this one does tend to pool a bit more than other humidifiers. I have to keep a towel under and in front of it no matter how high up I put it in the room because a wet slick will form on the floor.

Cleaning: This is a problem with most inexpensive humidifiers. Cleaning is really almost impossible and after awhile I have been wondering if there is anything in the tank that could be causing more harm than good.

Great humidifier

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Crane Elephant Cool Mist Humidifier:

I bought this product when I was trying to find a reliable humidifier that would be durable and also quiet since my daughter is sick quite a bit. She is in daycare and seems to come home with every virus there is.
I fell in love with the style of this machine, it was so cute that I knew my daughter would love it. It was very quiet and the output of steam was great. I keep in on a low setting and it lasts all night, and gives out the right amount of steam.
This product is very easy to clean and I have had it for about six months now, and it has not given me one problem yet.
This is a must have for my daughter and I could not be happier with this product.

Output Volume
This humidifier is very quiet, you can hardly tell it is on.

This is a great humidifier, it works great and is very durable.

I have not had one issue with this machine and it works the same today as the day I purchased it.

Great design, and super cute! My daughter loves it! Perfect design for a child.

• Output Volume:

cute humidifier but leaves surface soaked

Comments about Crane Elephant Cool Mist Humidifier:

I give this product a 5 because I think it's cute and does a good of humidifying a room, however, it leaves the carpet and surrounding table totally wet. Even when we put a towel under the humidifier, the towel was soaked in the morning. When we set it at a lower output, it did a little better, but still left a a mist over the other furniture in the room.

Output Volume
It's easy to control the output with the dial. I'm not sure what setting to put it at to keep from over soaking the surrounding area.

This humidifier does a great job of keeping the air moist during dry winter days.

Easy to clean because it comes in two big parts.

We've been using it for a year now and it's still going strong!

Very cute design, we get tons of compliments on it and it looks great in our nursery. I believe there are multiple different types of animals, so it's great to match with any theme or color scheme for a baby boy or girl!

Cute product!

Comments about Crane Elephant Cool Mist Humidifier:

This is a great mist humidifier. It is great for kids. Not the best quality or the most expensive but it gets the job done. This is great for children. It adds a cute touch to the room with out it looking like an ugly machine.

Output Volume
It releases the right amount of steam. It also is not too loud it has a whisper sound.

It performs great. It works well. It has adjustable settings

It is hard to clean and needs to be cleaned often. I think all devices like this are a challenge to keep clean. I just wish it was easier.

It is fairly durable. It is not an expensive heavy machine. It is important to keep out of the reach of the kids. It can be moved easily and is very light. Just make sure you store it without water in the tank.

It is a very cute design and an addition to a child's room. They have other animals to choose from they are all very cute designs. It is a great way to add a humidifier and not have it look ugly.

Fun Crane Cool Mist Humidifier

Comments about Crane Elephant Cool Mist Humidifier:

The Crane Elephant Humidifier is on of two that I have at this time. We also have the owl humidifier for our daughters room. I love the fun shapes for the kids! My children are eight and one and they both love them. A lot of humidifiers that you buy now are only good for four hour output. We can run ours on medium all night without and trouble. The first one that we got was the frog and it lasted a year or so. I believe the only reason it stopped working was because we left it on carpet one night. Directions clearly state keep on hard surface. This was a mistake on our part. We have also tried to be better about the weekly cleaning with our last two. It was seem like a pain to worry about. It really helps though.

• Output Volume:

Great product, we got this as a gift for baby & it's great!

Comments about Crane Elephant Cool Mist Humidifier:

We received this humidifier as a gift our new baby. We waited to use it for a little while just because we didn’t realize just how useful it is. My daughter is only six months old and during her first cold this was a huge help! We live in an older home and the air gets very dry during the winter months and this helped her breathing by keeping the air moist with a warm vapor steam. The elephant design is super cute and it looks like it belongs in her nursery with our other whimsical decorations. I highly recommend this for new babies and it helped her to breath easier and sleep soundly so well worth the cost although we received this item as a gift from dear friends

• Output Volume:

Cute, works great, hard to clean

from Brookfield, WI

Comments about Crane Elephant Cool Mist Humidifier:

We bought this humidifier for my youngest sons elephant themed nursery 3 years ago. It is super cute And works great. I love how the mist comes out of an elephant trunk! It is a pain to clean, however. You have to use distiller or purified water in it, because if you use anything different, it will gum it up and cause a sludge inside the humidifier that you cannot clean. Also the black ring on the bottom started to chip and crust over after the first year, I called the company but they told me this was normal. I don't know about that. It sure looks gross. Overall for the amount of time we use this, I am happy with its performance.

• Output Volume:

Best of the crane animals

from Smyrna, GA

Comments about Crane Elephant Cool Mist Humidifier:

This humidifier is great for my sons room. By only is it super cute but it actually shoots the mist out instead of up. All of the other animals cause the most to come right back down onto the surface it is sitting. We also have the owl one and have that problem. The only thing I don't like is the cleaning. It's great to not have to buy filters but sanitizing it is no fun.