3.5

Cons

Low quality

from SalemNY

Comments about Crane Drop Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier:

I bought the Crane Drop Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier in orange. It holds 0.9 Gallons of water. I used it for about two weeks before it stoooed working. While it did work, it was very quiet and not noisy like some other humidifiers can be. I used it on a medium setting and the water would not be used up too fast which was what I wanted. My daughter gets irritated easily by the dry air in our home so we bought this to use in her room at night when it bothers her the most. Instead of waking up with a dry nose and sore throat from dry air, she was happy and didn't have any complaints. The design is kind of cool and the color was why we chose it. The mist also didn't cause the air to be too damp as humidifiers can do. Overall, we were pleased with this humidifier until almost exactly two weeks after purchasing, it stoooed working. There was a crack in the bottom base piece that had allowed water into where the motor goes and it finally stopped working. Im sure it was just a defective item and the others are fine, but this could have cause bigger problems had I kept on using it.

Good Affordable Humidifier

Comments about Crane Drop Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier:

We have been using this Orange Crane Humidifier for approximately 2 weeks. It is very easy to fill and use. Basically, you just open the box, fill the tank, and plug it in. The directions recommend you use distilled or filtered water to prevent white powder from forming in the bottom compartment of the humidifier. There is no filter needed for this humidifier which I find a plus since most of the time the cost/inconvenience of the filters make it so they don't get replaced often enough. The directions do recommend emptying the humidifier weekly and cleaning it with white vinegar(much cheaper than a filter).

You do need to be careful and not pickup the water tank by the handle when it is filled with water. Make sure you have a hand under it as the handle feels like it's not sturdy enough to support that much weight.

The cone that you put on top of the humidifier allows you to easily direction it anyway you would like.

Overall, this is a great one-room humidifier and I would recommend it. Hopefully it will have a long life if we remember to clean it with the white vinegar.

Output Volume
Good humidifier for a medium room.

• Output Volume:

How did I ever live without this thing?!

Comments about Crane Drop Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier:

I just got this humidifier a few days ago and am totally obsessed, in love with it. I had originally purchased a Vicks Starry Night Humidifier when I had my baby, but never saw a difference. I didn't see any mist, mold grew in it within a couple of weeks, and I had to buy replacement filters for it every month. I was completely dissatisfied and ultimately returned that one. I figured maybe we just don't need a humidifier. Fast forward to a few weeks ago abd I realize I was wrong. My poor baby has been so congested from the weather changes that she could hardly sleep at night. I did some research and found that the Crane humidifier had some great reviews, so I purchased it a few days ago. Instantly I could feel a difference! You can actually see the mist coming out of it immediately. My daughter slept all through the night and my allergies weren't bothering me the whole next day. I can't believe I lived without this thing for 30 years! I can't live without it now!

Does a good job!

Comments about Crane Drop Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier:

I bought this humidifier for my baby's room. It works pretty well. When I switch it on to the setting I want, it responds really quick and water vapor instantly comes out in the desired capacity. On the highest setting it can get pretty wet after a while, so I just leave it on a mediumish setting. It really helps in winter and any time a year when someone has a cold. I don't know how I ever lived without it!

It works well and if it accidentally runs out of water, it kicks off instead of running empty which would probably damage it.

It's sleak and a nice color, fit in well with my nursery decor. I like that the bottom is bigger than the top because its less likely to tip if I bump it on one of my middle of the night nursery visits.

Disappointed

Comments about Crane Drop Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier:

Our family was disappointed with this humidifier which was supposed to help our newborn during the dry winter. I liked the design of the humidifier, but ultimately threw it away because I had a hard time cleaning it. Our water eventually tinted the inside pink because of deposits and I had a very difficult time cleaning the humidifier properly to remove the pink. I also found that filling the tank with water was messy. The design is also nice because it looks sleek and is not that big. The dial is a nice feature because it gives you a lot of control over the amount of output instead of having just a few 'high,' 'medium' and 'low' settings.

Well designed humidifier

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Crane Drop Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier:

We just got this humidifier because of dry skin from the winter air. It's easy to fill this and it's a nice contemporary design. It's relatively quiet, but has a large base so you need a big space to place this on. When you refill the water tank there can be a bit of leakage, so the unit needs its own space.