4.9
Other Vacuums:
Craftsman
12007
Craftsman XSP 16 Gallon 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac

Summary

More Suction Power than Shop-Vac and Ridgid*

This Craftsman XSP 16 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac offers innovative cleaning power technology designed to tackle the toughest cleanup projects at the jobsite, shop, garage or home.  Vacuuming wood chunks, metal shards, nails or sawdust in the shop, clearing drywall chunks, broken glass and screws at the job site, liquid pickup in a flooded basement and lastly removing leaves and other debris from gutters (gutter kit sold seperately) are just a few of the projects XSP can handle.  Innovative top-tray storage allows you to conveniently store items such as mechanics tools, power drills, screws or necessities on top of the vacuum so they are easily accessible when needed.  On-board hose, accessory and power cord organizers eliminates unneeded hassle and reduces overall storage space. Equipped with an extra-large drain, it quickly empties the tank of liquids.  An over 27 Foot cleaning reach (7’ Hose, 20’ Power Cord + Extension Wands) allows you to reach larger areas without unplugging the unit.  The 2-1/2” diameter secure fit hose system keeps the hose in place during use.  Heavy duty 360° swivel casters offer enhanced mobility on most surfaces, integrated ergonomic top handle provides comfort and easy transport.  Quickly control the power with the large dust sealed on/off switch.

The Craftsman XSP 16 Gallon 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac also quickly converts to a blower.  Cleaning up at a messy jobsite, blasting dirt from the shop floor or fall leaves off the driveway can be done in a snap. It also includes a 9 Pc accessory set for nearly any situation.

Craftsman XSP 16 Gallon 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac

4.9

Pros

Cons

Garage Essential

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Craftsman XSP 16 Gallon 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac:

Craftsman tools populate my garage, from a leaf blower to lawnmower, I love this brand. My Craftsman EXP 16 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac is no exception. It performs like a shop vac should. I keep it in my garage so that I don't have to mess with hauling a vacuum from inside. And I wouldn't want my indoor vacuum getting clogged with my outdoor mess. I have used it on wood shavings from sanding projects, glass shards from accidents during projects and general garage dirt and grit. It also came in handy during some minor flooding disasters.
This vacuum is easy to maneuver and handle. There is even a convenient storage tray that I use to contain all the loose screws and nails I find on the floor when vacuuming. Between the power cord, base and hose, the reach of cleaning is fantastic. I can get basically everywhere I need to go inside my garage. Everything wraps up neatly and stores right there on the base, making it take up far less space in my already cluttered garage.

This Mom Loves This Shop Vac

from Virginia

Comments about Craftsman XSP 16 Gallon 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac:

I have walked by our Craftsman 16 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac over a hundred times, going in and out of my husband's shop. It never occurred to me to use it inside our home, because I already own a vacuum. When my toddler spilt a cup of juice on the carpet it dawned on me to bring the shop vacuum indoors and see if I could get the liquid up before it stained. I had never used this particular wet/dry vac, my husband bought it after his first Craftsman bit the dust, which had lasted him over 15 years. I was impressed with the long cord, and how flexible the hose felt. When I turned it on I thought wow it's very quiet to be so powerful. I was able to lift the juice before it seeped through the carpet, and before it stained. I knew after using it one time I would be keeping it inside to tackle the distruction of 2 playful toddlers. I'm able to clean food, wet messes, dry messes, nails, inside of car, wood chips, and so much more! My husband has had to come in and get it but it never stays out in his shop long, because I find it nice to have inside.

• Versatility:

Excellent for indoor and outdoor projects

Comments about Craftsman XSP 16 Gallon 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac:

The Craftsman XSP 16 gallon 6.5 peak HP wet/dry vacuum is an excellent choice for large or small clean up projects. I have used mine for a variety of cleanup including indoor and outdoor projects. I even used it to clean up a small flood in the basement and it did an excellent job sucking up the water. I have yet to find a clean up project that my Craftsman wet dry vac could not tackle. It is an excellent vacuum.

Maneuverability
I guess my one complaint would be the weight of this vacuum. It is a bit heavy and a little bit difficult to maneuver around - especially in a small area. It seems to get tangled around cords and its own hose- so I spend some time moving that stuff around and creating paths for my vacuum.

Ease of Maintenance
This is VERY easy to clean. I can have my kids do it for me. I don't typically fill the entire this up- as it starts to get heavy.

Suction Performance
This has the ultimate suction performance. I have yet to find a job the vacuum could not clean up. It has been a dream.

Versatility
I have used my vacuum for a variety of jobs and it works for everything.

Good design.

This is heavy duty- I love our vacuum.

• Versatility:

Good vaccumn but have to say it's big

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Craftsman XSP 16 Gallon 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac:

This is a really good wet and dry vacuum but it is way to much vacuum when it comes to storage and when it is filled it is way to heavy to move around.

Maneuverability
The vacuum itself is easy to move about, however once you have started filling the tank, it becomes so heavy that it is impossible to move,

Ease of Maintenance
The vacuum becomes quite heavy when filled (especially if you are using the machine outdoors or picking up water) The plastic tub of the vacuum helps to make it lighter and it doesn't rust.

Suction Performance
This is a powerful vacuum and I don't think it could be any better. The suction power alone keeps me from getting rid of it as storing it is a challenge. The tools that comes with it are fine but they are not made to use on carpeting.

Versatility
It is a vacuum that I would recommend for picking up water and to use around the patio but it is to big to use to clean the inside of the car so I now have this big boy and a smaller version.

Overall good design just wish it was smaller.

I have had this vacuum for some time now and have no issues with the unit itself. Storing it is a challenge because of its size and the size makes it a challenge to move around.

Works Great

from TX

Comments about Craftsman XSP 16 Gallon 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac:

We have this wet/dry vacuum at work because one day we had a water heater go out and leak all over the floor. It cleaned up the mess in minutes. I love this product and have even taken it home a few times to do odd jobs around the house. The suction that this vacuum has is much stronger than my household vacuum and is not as heavy as it may look. After sanding our hard wood floors at home one day, this vacuum was able to pick up the huge mess quickly and allowed me to save money with our DIY job. It is very easy to use and clean. It can be a little loud, but the suction that I get from this vacuum is better than any other I have used.

Maneuverability
It can be a little hard to move around on its wheels, but I have used many times and enjoy using it.

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy to maintain and clean with little effort

Suction Performance
Great suction - This vacuum was able to clean up small particle of dirt after I re-sanded our hard wood floors.

Versatility
This product can be used on all sorts of jobs

Simple design

Very durable - Stands up great against higher end products

Awesome!

from Central Jersey

Comments about Craftsman XSP 16 Gallon 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac:

We have owned this Craftsman XSP 16 gallon 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac for about seven months now. We purchased this when we started our latest, major home renovation project. It has definitely come in handy. And has also lived up to the Craftsman name. Craftsman is a brand that I know and I trust. There is a reason that it has lasted for so many years. This vacuum is easy to use and does the job correctly. It has excellent suction and the attachments are quite easy to switch out. Also comes with a handy extender so you're not constantly bending over if you have a large area to clean up. It's a simple one touch button, on and off, that's it. You can add a bag inside for ease your disposal of your debris. Even though we have owned it for seven months, I have not used it for any wet item. But it has done an excellent job with cleaning up sawdust and sheet rock dust. I would highly recommend this vacuum to anyone in need of a shop vac. They come in handy for so many different occasions, it is a good idea to have one in the house. It was also reasonably priced, which is always a great selling point. It has lived up to my expectations as well as all of the other Craftsman products that we own.

• Versatility:

wet or dry it's makes no difference

from Demotte, IN

Comments about Craftsman XSP 16 Gallon 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac:

I truly enjoy my wet/dry vac from craftman. It has come in handy more times than I could count. It always does the job from anything that got wet to anything that is dry. this is such a GREAT INVESTMENT. I only use it from housecleaning to yard work to water leakage to dry oatmeal spills.

Maneuverability
This is a little cumbersum to move around especially if you are doing stairs. On flat surfaces it's fine

Ease of Maintenance
I tend to clean it out right after I am done using it. I have done no other maintance to it.

Suction Performance
It has a powerful suction. I have had no problems with it picking up anything.

Versatility
Why have two different vaccums when you can have one that does it all?? I truly enjoy being able to use it either for wet spills or for dry vaccuming.

The design is simple and practical. Not fancy that it can not be in the garage for a man to use nor is it too manly that a woman feels like ti will over come her to use.

I have had no problems with mine. It is built soundly & does a GREAT JOB. It has been knocked over & continues to work.

• Versatility:

A good choice for heavy duty cleanup.

Comments about Craftsman XSP 16 Gallon 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac:

This is a top of the line vac with power and ease of maintenance that makes it a worthwhile purchase. Thee balance is excellent. I can handle it with no fear of a turn over.

Maneuverability
Not a bad thing. There are no easily maneuverable wet/dry vacs. They are designed for utility not speedy cleaning tricks.

Ease of Maintenance
No problems at all. General filter cleaning is simple but necessary. Does a great job seeking out my dog's summer coat hiding under furniture.

Suction Performance
I do believe this would do the bowling ball pickup. It finds what needs to be cleaned up and does it well. Also, it has the tools to go where I need it to go.

Versatility
Disasters are easily dealt with and clean up is much easier than my previous shop vac. Better design and although loud, it is actually quieter than others.

Getting better all the time and simple to use and understand operation.

i expect this Craftsman to last forever. My last one, 12 years old, did not die. It was working well, a little battered, when it was stolen out of my truck.