Other Lawn Mowers:

Craftsman Torque 5.5 Torque 21 '' 3-in-1 Push Lawn Mower

Pros

Cons

Craftsman Torque 3-in-1 Mower - What Power

The Craftsman Torque 3-in-1 Mower  is full of power. I have really enjoyed mowing my lawn with this. It has front wheel drive and is self-propelled. Much better than my previous mower. This lawn power practically pulls me along instead of being pushed. Of course, the last time I mowed my lawn with my old mower I was 7 months pregnant, so it might seem easier than it really is. It cuts well and the wheels are very easy to adjust the height of the cut. Our lawn is full of divets (not from golfing though) and this lawn mower pulls right through the divets and hills. Now, if I could only get my trees pruned as easily. I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 because it is hard to start. Also, there is a "grass extender", the little black plastic piece that holds the door up, so the grass will shoot out when the bag is off, and it falls of easily.

Works well until it dies...

This Craftsman mower works well... until it dies.  From the beginning, the engine seemed to want to increase power, then decrease, constantly.  On the fourth use, it started to spit and sputter, then shut off.  I thought it was out of gas, but when I went to refill it, there was still over a third of a tank.  Trying to start it, it seems to burn off the fuel that I put in when I primed it, but then would shut off immediately.  The problem seemed to be that it was no longer getting fuel.  When I spoke with a friend, she stated that she bought the same mower since it was on sale, and had the same problems.  Had to get 4 mowers until she found one that worked.

Not the kind of quality that I look for in Craftsman products.

Not sturdy enough for uneven/treed lawns

from Greensburg, PA

Comments about Craftsman Torque 5.5 Torque 21 '' 3-in-1 Push Lawn Mower:

We owned this lawnmower for roughly six months before we threw it out with the garbage. My husband and I own a 5.5 acre yard with our home. It is in Pennsylvania, so the terrain tends to be hilly. Our yard is not especially steep but is sloped in areas. We also have about a dozen large mature oak and maple trees in the yard, which do have extensive root systems which frequently protrude out of the yard. We bought this lawn mower to do trim and touch up work for the yard, as well as the primary mower on occasion to mow our front yard, which is level and about one acre. However, this mower just cannot handle anything that is not level. Any stick bigger than about a quarter inch in diameter is too much for it to handle/mulch. The shear pin would fail constantly (about four times in a season before we said enough is enough). The vibration in the mower tended to be quite high - my hands would ache after about twenty minutes of use. It was not especially difficult to start - I could usually do it in about two pulls (I am a young woman, but in better than average shape). Bottom line, this mower may be a good candidate for level, small suburban lawns that are less than half an acre but cannot handle anything more rigorous than that. We were very disappointed and will never buy this brand again.

Easy Mower For Little Lawns

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Craftsman Torque 5.5 Torque 21 '' 3-in-1 Push Lawn Mower:

The Craftsman 5.5 3-in-1 mower is one of the easiest mowers you can get for a small lawn. A 21" blade is really what most small lawns can use. Some mowers may have larger blades and more torque, but that's a waste of power and space. This Craftsman is a perfect fit.

This has an easy start with push button priming and a good pull. I've never had a problem getting this mower going. Just maintain it with frequent oil changes and filter cleaning.

Handling
It's only a 21" blade, so handling is easy. The wheels adjust well for thicker lawns.

I've had my Craftsman for seven months now and have had no problems. Any time I get a hint of sputtering, I just check the filter and change the oil. That's the downfall of most mowers: lack of maintenance. This Craftsman 3-in-1 makes it easy to use with good maintenance.

Safety
It's a safe mower, with a nice safety flap to keep rocks from kicking up to your shins. The mulching option also reduces dangerous projectiles.

Engine Power
The 5.5 torque is good enough for this size of a mower. If you have to cut a golf course, don't go this route. Stick to smaller lawns for this engine size.

mulch option is great

from Coronado, CA

Love this Craftsman Torque 5.5..it's a 3 in 1
with a mulch option! These is a great family mower and can be used easily by even he beginner lawn care enthusiasts. Is by a well known company that I have had trust in for years Craftsman. Has a very easy push and pull and is awesome for all lengths of grass.

Fantastic performance push and pulls with ease

Handling
Great for the not so brawny build

Awesome should last years and years

Safety
As safe as the person who's using it like all machinery
has a few safety features that assist in safe handling.

Simple and easy can be used by a beginner with proper reading of enclosed guide. Can be emptied easily and stored with ease. Moves easily across all types of yards...

Awesome has 3 options including mulching
works on all lengths of grass. Hills, slopes, bends and turns. Long grass, short grass, all sizes of lawns... great power which allows it to move quickly and efficiently.

• Engine Power:

Bag it, mulch it, or discharge it...YOU choose!

from Flint, MI

Comments about Craftsman Torque 5.5 Torque 21 '' 3-in-1 Push Lawn Mower:

Craftsman mowers have been around for a long time. I rate this 3-in-1 push mower a 9 of 10 because you have 3 options on what to do with your cut grass. I like having multiple options because one isn't always enough to get the job done correctly.

The performance Craftsman provides is very good. This particular model is great because it performs a variety of functions with little effort on the part of the consumer.

Handling
This Craftsman mower gives you excellent handling. You can cut sharp turns and easily manuever it to tight areas that you just cant get to with other mowers.

I've been a user of Craftsman mowers for a long time. I like the brand specifically because they are low maintenance and functional for many years. I've had some for 10+ years.

This Craftsman mower is extremely easy to use. Traditional pull start. Bag easily attached and detatchable, very time effective.

Engine Power
The engine power is great. I cut everything from tall field grass to the thick, damp grass in the ditches. With its 3 methods of cutting and disposal you can select which option gives you the best performance depending on the job at hand.

Decent for the price

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about Craftsman Torque 5.5 Torque 21 '' 3-in-1 Push Lawn Mower:

The Craftsman Torque 3-in-1 Mower is a decent mower for the price. I didn't actually buy mine, it was given to me by a neighbor who decided to have a lawn company cut his grass. I've owned several mowers and can repair about anything. This one is one easy machine to use and repair. It's easy to start, usually on the first try, and easy to use. My eight year old can use it with ease (supervised of course!). The self-propelled mower makes for easy grass cutting and the grass collection bag is not hard to remove.I give this mower a B+ for over all quality. If you have to push-cut your lawn, at least buy one of these to make it easy on your self!

Lawn Mower perfect fit for a Lady!

from Wisconsin

Comments about Craftsman Torque 5.5 Torque 21 '' 3-in-1 Push Lawn Mower:

Nowadays it is up to the girls in the house to do the "manly work," and one of those is mowing the lawn. Boy, if your yard is huge you are going to sweat forever! But if you were to own this lawn mower, it will be a breeze to do the job. First of all it is very easy to start up the lawn mower's engine, which cuts back the frustration and work of pulling the trigger continuously with other mowers. Second, there is a basket attach to the behind of the lawn mower, which helps with cleaning up the trimming of the grass as you mow the lawn! Finally you can adjust the height of the lawn mower to match the length of your grass height or perhaps just the the length you would want it. Moreover, this lawn mower is easy and fast to use even for a lady. Trust me I know how it is like since I am a lady who has the responsibility to mow the lawn.

I'm hard to please and this one did the job! :-)

from Berwick, PA

Comments about Craftsman Torque 5.5 Torque 21 '' 3-in-1 Push Lawn Mower:

**We bought this mower alittle over a year ago and i love it! It's easy to push and gets the job done. We live in town but have a pretty large yard to mow it can take 2hours to complete and it just keeps on chugging along. I personally don't use the bag because with my yard i would have to stop and dump it way too many times. My husband mantains it and makes sure the spark plugs etc are clean. I am very picky on mowers. Our previous one was a piece of you know what. I am 5'6 and with this mower it doesn't hurt my back while mowing. I hate when you have to bend down to mow the grass or so it seems that way. This mower is easy to start, easy to use and was affordable for my family of 5. I would gladly recommend this to any family member, friend or stranger on the street! **

Good mower makes the cut

from Dayton, NJ

Comments about Craftsman Torque 5.5 Torque 21 '' 3-in-1 Push Lawn Mower:

Very dependable mower that does a good job. Had it over a year and just had to change the oil and clean the filter. Put gas and fuel stabilizer and it started right up. Gives a nice cut and can easily change cutting height. Check to make sure your blade is not dull to ensure nice clean cut. Only negative is that it is somewhat awkward for me to remove the grass catcher bag to empty. My previous model was so much easier with a better handle. Only a minor inconvenience.

awsome lawn mower

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Craftsman Torque 5.5 Torque 21 '' 3-in-1 Push Lawn Mower:

This is an easy to use lawn mower .For busy single moms like me that , want the job done right and fast . is like pushing a stroller. And leaves no mess behind. This is one lawn mower that you will not want to replace.

craftsman lawn mower- dependable

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Craftsman Torque 5.5 Torque 21 '' 3-in-1 Push Lawn Mower:

very reliable and gets the job done.I rarely need to check if clippings come loose from the bag. I like the different speeds and my neighbors are impressed. The power makes mowing fast,especially in the hot Arizona sun. The price is well worth it.You get what you pay for.