Other Riding Mowers & Tractors:

Craftsman TL2000 Lawn Tractor

Great mower!

from Vine Grove, KY

Comments about Craftsman TL2000 Lawn Tractor:

I have had my craftsman riding tractor for 5 years now and it's been great! We've had to do very little maintenance on this mower and it is still working like a champ. As long as regular oil changes, air & fuel filters, spark plugs etc. are kept up, this mower should be fine. I have just over an acre to mow and during the summer, it can sometimes need to be done twice a week, so I have gotten a lot of use out of the mower. I would recommend this product to everyone.

The Craftsman TL2000 is a good price, but not value.

from Carriere, MS

Comments about Craftsman TL2000 Lawn Tractor:

The Craftsman TL2000 is a good price, but not the best value for the money. In the past, I have been a Craftsman product advocate. This time, however, I was sorely disappointed in my purchase.

As far as riding lawnmowers go, the TL2000 is not bad when you look at what you get for the price--17.5 HP engine, 42" cutting deck, decent warranty (1yr). I was even stoked about the purchase since I was replacing a similar model that had been in the family for seven years. This new model turned out to be nothing like its predecessor.

After only four months of use, roughly 45 hours, the PTO belt kept jumping off the deck pully's. Then, the PTO cable snapped exactly 1 yer and 2 days after the purchase date (not warranted).

I did experience some buyers remorse about two months after purchase when I encountered a few other lawn tractor models of similar price with either better warrantees or more amenities for the price. With the reputation Craftsman puts out to the public for having "tough" products that are reliable, I was sorely disappointed.

My next purchase for a lawn tractor will NOT be a Craftsman.