Other Lawn Mowers:

Craftsman Lawn Mowers

Pros

Cons

• Engine Power:

great, but hold on to key

I purchased the 650 series, power propelled electric start, 22". model # 917.376742. works great but the key keeps falling out while mowing. I actually lost it and spent all night looking for it with flashlights not wanting to run over it. couldn't finish mowing until next day after finding the key. Also a key to remember is clean off grass underneath or it will turn moldy.It is not hard to push. The bag does fill up rather quickly. It mulches very well and I did not need the bag if i put in on the highest level of cut. I do have to soak the bag every so often as the holes in the bag get cloggd and the mower won't cut right.

Very sure starting machine

Over my years I have purchased many a new mower. I have bought many brands including Murry, Briggs and Stratton, Toro, Snapper, John Deere, Yardman and Craftsman. When comparing all of these with regard to price, reliability of service, ease of usage, my ability to work on it, cost of repair and years of service obtained from the different brands, I find Craftsman to be right at the top with all things considered, Craftsman is a bit more costly and cost a little more to repair than Murry and Briggs and Stratton but offered more reliability, ease of usage and years of service. Craftsman price range was in line with Yardman and offered about the same quality of service but it was a bit harder for me to obtain parts for the Yardman. Toro, Snapper and John Deere were more costly and provided excellent reliability of service but the reliability did not out weight the cost factor for me. As tou can see, I do not particularily  have a loyally to a brand but my recent experience has me leaning towards a return purchase of Craftsman but hopefully no time soon as I hope this one last forever or at lease a very long time.

Sears Riding Mower YT3000

from Montpelier, Vermont

About Me Do-It-Yourself

Pros

Cons

• Cuts Unevenly
    • Noisy
    • Requires Constant Maintenance

• Small Lawns

Comments about Craftsman Lawn Mowers:

I bought this mower new one year ago and have been fixing it ever since. First the link arm lift breaks in two and now today the keeper belt . How can metal pieces just shear in two, awful craftman ship. The assembly of the belts etc make it hard to clean keep the grass cleaned out on top of the deck and the mower has no power. I cannot go up the slightest grade without having to stop and back down. Will never buy craftsman again.

Great mower

Comments about Craftsman Lawn Mowers:

I really like this lawn mower and I have gotten many years of use out of it. I used it to start my business where I often times cut grass all throughout the summer. It will run very efficiently on one tank of gas. Even though I am not very strong, I can easily pull the string and the mower starts quickly. The handle you hold down to keep the mower going does not cause cramps in my hand even after mowing more than an acre of grass. This mower can easily go up and down hills and still keeps the same great perpulsion. I really like the rear wheels being larger than the front wheels because it makes it so much easier to push. The Craftsman lawn mower seems to be better quality than most because the starter pull cord has never broken and that seems to be something that breaks easily on other mowers. I really like this lawn mower and it is very easy to learn to operate. I definitely recommend this mower!

• Engine Power:

A reliable and affordable mower

Comments about Craftsman Lawn Mowers:

The great thing about this mower is the brand. I just really respect Craftsman and all of the quality products that they produce. I really love to use my craftsman lawn mower. We have had it for years and it was a big purchase for us when we were a younger couple. I have had it for over eight years and it works incredibly well still to this day. I really love the great insurance options that this company has as well. I know that I have ten years with this mower and if it dies before that ten years they will return it or get me a new one at no additional cost. If you are looking into investing in a lawn mower I would highly reccomend Craftsman.

The performance is absolutely incredible. It always does a great job of cutting the grass and the lawn is always nice and even.

Handling
    I feel that this particular lawn mower does and excellent job at handling. Its not too heavy which makes it easy to operate.

The durability is wonderful. Like I had said before, it has lasted a very long time for our family.

Safety
    It has great safety features.

This lawn mower is very easy to use.

Engine Power
    Great engine power.

Very Powerful

Comments about Craftsman Lawn Mowers:

I bought a Craftmans lawn mower when I first purchased my house, and it is by far one of the best mowers I have ever used. Craftsman has been around for many years, and they are famous for building very professional products. Their mowers are no different. The one I have looks nearly identical to the one pictured. It comes with a gas powered Honda engine, and has never failed to start in the two years I have owned it. Maintenance is pretty straight forward, and most parts are easy to get to and replace. The mower itself not only cuts grass, but does a fantastic job of mulching it as well. If you prefer to bag your clippings, there is a port to hook a bag to. My mower did not come with the bag, but it can be purchased separately for a fairly cheap price. There are differently settings for grass height, and it is a snap to change the height.
    Overall I could not be more happy with my Craftsman mower. It was priced very comparable to other mowers of its quality. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is shopping for a quality mower.

The best

Comments about Craftsman Lawn Mowers:

We do not have a very big yard so we just have a regular push mower, and through the years we have owned several different brands of push mowers and have run into trouble with all of them. We bought our Craftsman push mower a couple of years ago and have never had any sort of problem or issue with it since then, and it still runs like a champ. I love the craftsman brand in general because their products are made sturdy and strong. Craftsman products are reliable and dependable and they always stand up to the test of time. I love that Craftsman offers warranties with their product and you can easily buy replacement parts if something goes wrong, but as I said, we have not even had to do this because our craftsman mower still runs great.

Good "get up and go," and cuts evenly.

Handling
    Handles great. Does not bog down as long as the grass hasn't turned into a forest.

Three years of summer mowing and my mower is still going strong. Have not run into a single problem with it.

No safety issues.

Good Mower for Our Lawn

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Craftsman Lawn Mowers:

We have a smaller size lawn to maintain so we did not need anything huge in size or a riding style. This push mower is perfect for our needs. It cuts the grass to a perfect length in one pass over without having to go back and forth over the same areas multiple times as we have had with other mowers in the past. This is a gas mower which can be a little pain if you run out of gas while cutting the grass and do not have more on hand to refill the tank. It also may be more expensive to use overall when compared to electric mowers but there is no need to worry about having an electrical outlet access at all times either. Another feature of this mower is that it does not have a bag to catch and collect the grass clippings so raking is necessary after mowing the lawn if we want it to look nice. This mower always starts on the first try and the pull string starter is not too difficult to use. It is also not super heavy so it is easy for me to use when my husband is not around to do it. Overall a good push style mower for any family with average or small yard to maintain.

Craftsman lawn mower

Comments about Craftsman Lawn Mowers:

This is the third lawn mower we have purchased in the last ten years and so far the easiest one for me to use. I am not much of a grass cutter but when I have to cut it I am glad we bought this lawn mower. For one it is incredibly easy to start, one pull and it is roaring to life. It is very easy to hold the bar down and maneuver as well. Turns are easy and it cuts very evenly. I rarely if ever have to go back and get a spot that was missed. We live on a slope and I have no issues pushing this uphill. It mulches the grass nicely, unless it is still wet from rain, I never see huge clumps all over the lawn. Blades are easy to get off to sharpen and maintenance so far as been easy. In the fall we added the stuff to prevent the gas from gelling and stored it in the shed. This past spring it started right up for us.

Cuts evenly, mulches nicely, and has a powerful enough engine to cut uphill.

Handling
    Very easy to push and turn.

Safety
    If you let go of the bar it will automatically shut off. Good safety feature to have.

Easy Start Mower

Comments about Craftsman Lawn Mowers:

I have had an overall positive experience with this lawn mower from Craftsman. I have owned mine for about two summers and it has cut my grass flawlessly. One of the best things about this mower is that is easy to start. It usually starts up right away for me and runs smoothly the whole time I am cutting the lawn. It is easy to assemble and easy to use. It has a good height adjustment which has been great for me and my husband. We are both very tall people and have no problem using this mower comfortably. It is expensive, but that is the case with any lawn mower. It is worth the price because it is good quality. I have had no problems using this mower for the past two summers. I would definitely recommend this if you are looking for a good mower. Our lawn is pretty flat so it has worked well for use.

I have had no issues with performance. It has been a great mower for me. It gets the job done quickly and efficiently.

Handling
    It handles easily for me. I was able to adjust it to the accurate height settings and it has been great.

I have owned mine for two years and it has held up great.

Safety
    It is easy to start and easy to shut off. I would highly recommend.

It is very easy to use.

• Engine Power:

My first lawn mower was a craftsman mower and I loved it.

from West Virginia

Comments about Craftsman Lawn Mowers:

My very first mower when I got my home a few years ago was a craftsman mower. I absolutely loved it because it was very small and just fitted for my size. The wheels had three different size adjustments so I could choose just how tall I wanted the grass and to get it started was very simple.

I'm a smaller woman and it was quite easy to change the oil in this mower and to assemble it. I didn't even need any help from my guy to get the mower assembled and in use. It was super easy and super light weight. Unlike other mowers, I didnt have to pull and tug to get this mower across my lawn. The only reason I got rid of the mower was because my parents really needed one and I let them have mine to use at the time and ended up buying myself a new mower.

It did a great job of cutting my lawn. The lines were very even and straight and I could adjust the size of the cut so that my grass could be the exact length that I wanted. Overall it was a great buy and very simple to use. The pull start on my Craftsman mower was one of the easiest I have ever used. My parents are still using my mower to this day over five years later with absolutely no issues.

Handling
    It is a self propolled mower so it does a great job of handling. I loved this mower and when I help mom with her lawn to this day I still wish I would have replaced this mower with another Craftsman model.

It's been in use almost six years without any issues now.

Safety
    It's always best to wear boots when mowing the lawn just incase. If you run over something, it shoots out of the side which is a little unsafe but overall a great mower.

It's very easy to use and pushes itself. It's easy to start up and I wish I could get a similar mower now.

Engine Power
    The engine power worked fine for my small little lawn.

• Engine Power:

Still Holding Up After 12 Years!

from Va

Comments about Craftsman Lawn Mowers:

When we bought our first house my husband and I knew one of the first items to purchase was a lawn mower. At that time we couldn't afford a riding mower so we wanted a quality made push mower and went with a Craftsman 6.0. This mower was used over and over again on an acre of land for nearly 5 years. I personally did a lot of the mowing in the 5 years and my husband did the maintance on this lawn mower. We have never had any issues with this mower, except normal routine replacement on the blade. Now that we are in a new home, we have more land and invested in a riding mower. But I still cut our grass with our Craftsman push mower, and after 7 years this mower is holding up well. The only problem I personally have is adjusting the blade, I always get my husband to do that. My husband insists on getting the yard mowed fast and I enjoy getting our trusty push mower out because I enjoy mowing and love the extra exercise. My Craftsman push mower has been reliable and has never failed on me, our riding mower even though it's newer has been in the shop at one point, the Craftsman Push Mower is a high quality low cost mower and if taken care of can last a long time!

This mower has held up for years! It cuts grass clean and is easy to start. Very low maintance mower.

Handling
    This mower is easy to push but lower the blade and I have a hard time pushing it.

Safety
    Has a flap over the part that spits out the grass. I am able to let go of the handle at any point to cut off.